Start by marking “Stacking the Deck” as Want to Read:
Stacking the Deck

Read Excerpt

Stacking the Deck

A game of cards sounds like the perfect way to get things going for a night of fun for Yumi and Lucas — that is, until the green-eyed monster that’s been hovering over Yumi’s shoulder takes over.

Even after all the effort she’s gone to in order to ensure the decks are stacked and the night ends the way she wants it, it isn’t going her way and their fortunes hang in the turn
Published September 14th 2012 by Xavier Edwards (first published September 13th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Stacking the Deck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stacking the Deck

Michelle ♣ Ndayeni
A hot little story about a woman that uses a card game to ease into a night of sex with her boyfriend, as well as to clear the air about some issues that had been hanging between them. As someone that doesn't play cards a lot, and isn't familiar with the games they were playing, the action was often somewhat confusing as the references to the tricks and whatnot didn't always make a lot of sense to me and made it hard to understand why she got upset when she did at the beginning when things weren ...more
Sassafrass
more like a 3.5 star one for this.

As much as I thought the sex was hot and the story premise was cute, I was so confused by the rules of the game that it kept taking me out of the story! LOL, I had to keep trying to figure out the rules and I would get so confused, I couldn't really get into the hot part. That's really frustrating for me because I wanted to get into the hot part!
Lee Anne - OMG! It's TOOOOO Cold!
I really enjoyed this story. This was really a 3.5 star read for me rounded up to 4.

As the characters in the story find out, be careful what you ask for, you just might get it. The characters play a game which asks their partners to tell the truth. Sometimes, you think you want to know the answer but then find out you didn't want to know it.

Cute short story!
Nancy
Jul 11, 2013 Nancy rated it liked it
Ok, I actually found myself speed reading this one as my mind was wondering if I was reading instructions to a card game or an erotica short. Must say this is my least favorite of all the books I've read. Didn't even get very steamy? Where'd you go Xavier? Keep em coming but not like this one!
Dee
Dec 09, 2012 Dee rated it liked it
Shelves: erotica, short
I have read and enjoyed a number of books by Xavier but this one didn't hit the mark for me. I found some aspects confusing, and the erotica side of it less than believeable.

However it is well written and the Lucas and Yumi were a fun couple.
* Booksessed * Bec
Book provided by author.

I really enjoyed this story. It was a fun and hot little read
Vicki
2.5

✳✳ Copy provided by the author.
Xavier Edwards
Sep 14, 2012 Xavier Edwards rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Kelly
Kelly rated it did not like it
Oct 09, 2012
Lakesha
Lakesha rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2012
Anna
Anna rated it it was ok
Jul 19, 2013
Margaret Millmore
Margaret Millmore rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2012
Lisa Hill
Lisa Hill rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2014
Stacey
Stacey rated it liked it
Nov 09, 2012
Isabelle
Isabelle marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2012
Yakima
Yakima marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2012
Josie
Josie added it
Sep 25, 2012
Ingrid
Ingrid marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2012
Erica Ramsey
Erica Ramsey marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2012
Kakai Cuyos
Kakai Cuyos marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2012
Angie
Angie marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2012
Stuti Kansal
Stuti Kansal marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2012
Martin
Martin is currently reading it
Nov 23, 2012
Ruth Bosse
Ruth Bosse is currently reading it
Nov 24, 2012
Shelly
Shelly marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2012
Julie  aka trouble..
Julie aka trouble.. marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2013
靜姿
靜姿 marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2013
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2013
Christelle Johnson
Christelle Johnson is currently reading it
Apr 22, 2013
Maisha
Maisha marked it as to-read
May 20, 2013
Alaina Maxam
Alaina Maxam marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2013
Joanna Grace
Joanna Grace is currently reading it
Jul 07, 2013
Paula
Paula is currently reading it
Aug 18, 2013
Evelina
Evelina marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2013
Fadwa Maani
Fadwa Maani is currently reading it
Sep 16, 2013
Joanna
Joanna marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
Tammy
Tammy is currently reading it
May 27, 2014
Alexie Fields
Alexie Fields is currently reading it
Jun 03, 2014
Moon
Moon is currently reading it
May 23, 2015
Xavier Edwards (it might be his real name, no one is really sure) has spent his life surrounded by women, and writing. Growing up in rural Australia before the age of the Internet and cable television, there was no better refuge than in books. Any and all genres were absorbed as he and his three sisters grew up far from the hectic pace of the big smoke. The wide expanse of open country and natural ...more
More about Xavier Edwards...