Start by marking “Under the Black Clouds” as Want to Read:
Under the Black Clouds

Under the Black Clouds

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Having attained near total control of his Earthly elements, humanity perceives itself as a master without rival. Man ignores his roots. He forgets that he himself is part of the world.

How can we dare to challenge nature’s raw powers when we still know little about this universe?

Yes, mankind managed to survive the first Flood. Given our technological advances, we might have
Paperback, 1, 282 pages
Published November 7th 2012 by Createspace (first published October 14th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Under the Black Clouds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Under the Black Clouds

Wendy
Actually, this book made me angry, right from the first pages. What was the editor, Haig Norian, doing? The Kindle version was littered with errors: formatting issues, grammatical problems, strange syntax, odd translation-like terminology. It was strange to have the hero, Dani, referred to as a 'boy' when he is clearly a man. I am sorry to be giving it such a negative review but if the writer could please go back, remove the Kindle version, add corrections, tighten up the narrative so that the s ...more
Lucia
This book was very surprising, autor created a very interesting dark story. I like it. Author keeps the the reader guessing long enogh even though it comes to the moment when the reader knows what is happenning. Suddenly the heroes come to the story.

Daniel is a hero whom you have to love. He is able to see the things with a cool head.

The book is written in a very easy understanding language and style. Its reading should not make any troubles even to beginner readers. This book is one of the book
Suren Hakobyan
This is a very deep book. It makes the reader to think about how he or she lives.

Man thinks he is the lord of Earth. But nature will no longer stand for man's excess, greed, and hubris.

In a single night, everything is wiped clean. No planes flying overhead. No radio signals. No light. Everything is gone. The flood has erased every road, every house, and countless memories.

The book has been re-edited and has been republished on 7th of December.
Jakenv
This is a "black" story which drew me in for the long haul. Author has interesting plot line without your usual happy ending. Will read more from this author.
Cat
First of all, this book needs a good editor, as many of the errors I found are easy to fix (missing words, missing punctuation, unnecessary spaces, etc).

Other notes about this book that I didn't really enjoy:
- odd formal tone
- don't like that Daniel is referred to as 'the boy'
- repetitive or stating the obvious
- random tense changes, many of which are mid-sentence
- lack of flow
- zero chemistry between the two main characters
- story is too drawn out

The good news:
- the cover art is nice
- concept i
Kenechi Udogu
I don’t usually breakdown ratings when I review books but I have to this time. Why? I loved the story and it freaked me out so much that I had to occasionally look up to remind myself that it wasn’t real. But (and this is a humongous but), whoever translated and edited the story massively let it down. In fact, if I wasn’t hooked from pretty early on in the story, I would have dropped the book after a few chapters in. The edition I read was riddled with spelling and grammatical errors and additio ...more
Anncleire
“Under the black clouds” mi è stato gentilmente regalato dalla sua autrice Suren Hakobyan, una scrittrice armena in cambio della mia recensione. Generalmente non dico mai di no ad un libro, io adoro leggere e mi interessa praticamente di tutto. Certo ho anche io delle preferenze, distopie e romance in primo luogo, ma generalmente non dico mai ad un libro che parla di soprannaturale. La trama di questo mi aveva incuriosita ma non avrei mai immaginato quello che poi mi sono trovata di fronte.

La st
Alannah Clarke
I recieved this book from the author to review. There are a few small points that annoyed me a little. There was odd tone throughout the book that made it far too formal. I understand that the book has been translated to English but I felt the book was a bit repetitive plus the lack of chemistry between the two characters, which for me did ruin the book a little.

However, the concept of the book was really good, there was some good explanation but the errors did ruin it for me. I think another lo
Joan Spanser
The book is very intriguing. Daniel is determined young man I liked him. He is the one who never gives up.
I like the way the author presents the mystical things in rainwater. He really has a good plot of imagination. The moment comes you think you know the end, but it's unexpected.
I don't like the relationship between Daniel and Milena. It's weird however maybe because of that she's virgin.
Anyway I think this is a good book to be read.
Michael Anderson
Finished. I like how the author describes the flooding, the evil and the feelings of the heroes, specifically Daniel's feelings. Yes, he's a bit selfish but he fights for his beloved Milena even at the cost of his life. The rainwater is black, it includes something horrible. While the people realize it Daniel has already felt it, but the salvation is too dark and almost unreachable.
And the end - I think it is unexpected, yes.
Lauren
The tone of this book is odd to say the least. I felt kind of affronted and almost chastised reading this. There was also a great deal of repetition throughout and no chemistry between the two main characters which is a major flaw in my book.

Note: I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.
Gloria Pearson-Vasey
This book has an intriguing story idea - the world ending in a deluge of rain. However, it is poorly translated into English and is badly in need of editing. Despite this, I became caught up in the plot and was curious enough to jump to the concluding chapters to see how it ended.
Jayson Cruise
Interesting story. It hasn't happy enging but it is logical.
Daniel is very interesting image-usual man. He is not a perfection, he makes mistakes realizing them then. But he loves and he's ready to die for his love.
NVTony
Liked the concept but found a bit drawn out. Main Characters were well fleshed out. In light of hurricane Sandy probably bit of a downer.
Jenn ~ Nemirdis
Jenn ~ Nemirdis marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Rosemarie martinez
Rosemarie martinez marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Leigh
Leigh marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Alina
Alina marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Continuum
Continuum marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2014
Romi
Romi marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2014
Lotus
Lotus marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2014
Savannah
Savannah marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2014
Virginia Llorca
Virginia Llorca marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2014
Varjak,
Varjak, marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2013
Rae
Rae marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2013
Ellie Red
Ellie Red marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2013
Cadrac
Cadrac marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2013
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2013
Pernille Møller
Pernille Møller marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2013
Addicted to Book ...: Under the Black Clouds by Suren Hakobyan 2 16 Dec 18, 2012 09:58PM
Shut Up & Read: Michael's reviews 1 11 Dec 18, 2012 09:54PM
  • The Shattered Door
  • Dangerous Memories
  • The Sundered
  • The Taste of Magic (The Taste of Magic, #1)
  • Severance (Linx, #2)
  • All My Crimes
  • Hilltop Manor - Gale's Story
  • Futuredaze: An Anthology of YA Science Fiction (Futuredaze, #1)
  • Caterpillar (The Metamorphosis Trilogy #1)
  • The Spirit Master
  • Dungeon Brain
  • The Artemis Effect
  • The Libertine (Taskill Witches, #2)
  • Wolf Hunt: The Burning Ages