Start by marking “The Dustman” as Want to Read:
The Dustman

The Dustman (The Dreamland Stories)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Dustmen are useless.

Meg has two kids, one of which is hell bent to land himself in jail. She’s about to lose her house, her home, her ability to support her children. Her aunt tells her to publish the story of her childhood friend, her dustman, her Luk.

Dreamland is empty.

He’s watching his world shrink, his friends blinking out of existence. Children no longer call for him.
Kindle Edition
Published April 1st 2012 (first published August 1997)

To ask other readers questions about The Dustman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dustman

Dee Avila
First, THANK YOU to SM Blooding for a copy of The Dustman.

The story of Meg and Luk is intriguing and the details of Dreamland and reality kept me turning the pages. Meg is a single mother of two, that is working several hours to make ends meet and feels as if she is failing as a mother and provider. She is fun to read about, her personality pops off the page. Her to children Nick and Nali are great supporting characters that add to the story and help move the fast pace plot right along.
There ar
Jill Cooper
i read this book in two days so it's safe to say that I loved it, and became obsessed with it's theme that dreams are real, and fuel a world where dreams live and thrive. These are themes I love so I was really excited to read this book.

This book takes place in two places the real world and the DreamScape. And while it is common for books to take place in two separate worlds, I thought the take on the DreamScape (basically the dream world) was unique and different!

Nightmares and dreams take on p
Lissette
Dreamland . . . a place of magic and wonder, powered by the hopes and dreams of those who believe. For years, Dreamland has existed mostly within the dreams of children and their beliefs that magic is truly real. Their love and memories of fairies, dragons, and everything fairy tale has been the sole force behind Dreamland itself. Yet that power is waning. People have stopped believing and little by little, parts of Dreamland have ceased to exist.

Meg once believed in Dreamland. She poured her he
Diayll
Originally Reviewed at: Mother/Gamer/Writer
Rating: 4 out of 5 Controllers
Review Source: Bewitching Book Tours
Reviewer: Heather

The Dustman brings us a fresh fantasy concept – or maybe just for me. Luk is a dustman, a sandman, who is about to lose his Dreamland if he can’t find his light before the wind comes to take him, his land, and all he has created away. But his light is within the one he loves, the one he shouldn’t love, his beloved Meg.

Meg is still tormented by the death of her husband, an
Anya Breton
Meg's life is unraveling faster than she can keep up. Her husband has passed. Bills are piling up. And worst of all, she doesn't have time for her beloved children.
She's finally given up and returning back home to live with her Aunt Jo.
And it's the best thing for her because someone never forgotten is waiting for her--enigmatic Luk.
But is he really the man of her dreams? Or just the fantasy of a desperate woman?

This story was a fun read. It was a clever idea and has a hot hero :)
Lindsay
I liked the book and thought that the idea was unique.
J.D. Brown
This story is definitely something new and fresh. I love the premise, the use of a dustmen, nightmares, and dreamland. This book took me back to my childhood, when my own mother used to read stories to my sister and I before bed. We called guys like Luk “the sandman”, but “dustman” is essentially the same thing; the magical man that puts kids to sleep and gives them good dreams. I’ve never before seen the dustman used in paranormal literature, and now I find myself asking, why not? What a cool a ...more
S.M. Blooding
Mar 13, 2012 S.M. Blooding rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE this book! It definitely has a special place in my heart! Dreamland and Luk were favorites of mine when I was a girl and I'd forgotten about both of them until MY girls needed bedtime stories.

Re-reading this book...I remembered so many wonderful things. I hope it touches you the way it touches me.

Frankie
Shontelle Forte
Shontelle Forte marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
KH
KH added it
Nov 24, 2014
Moira Mcglynn
Moira Mcglynn marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
nerdychampagne
nerdychampagne marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
BlackRoze Tamibates
BlackRoze Tamibates marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Alanna Fowler
Alanna Fowler marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Agatha Ding
Agatha Ding marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Joanna
Joanna marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
SARIT
SARIT marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Michele Stewart
Michele Stewart marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Stacy Ittersagen
Stacy Ittersagen marked it as to-read
May 02, 2014
Jossettelanderos
Jossettelanderos marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Fenia
Fenia marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
Ellie Red
Ellie Red marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
2readmore
2readmore marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2014
Natalie Carroll
Natalie Carroll marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2014
Jody Graf
Jody Graf marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2014
Heather Bell
Heather Bell marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
SM “Frankie” Blooding lives in Colorado with her pet rock, Rockie, and Jack the Bird. Jack has refused to let her to take up the piano again, but is warming to the guitar. It might help that Frankie has learned more than two strings. She’s added a few more Arabic words to her vocabulary, but don’t invite her into conversation yet—unless, of course, you’re willing to have a very . . . slow . . . co ...more
More about S.M. Blooding...
Fall of Sky City (Devices of War, #1) Knight of Wands (Devices of War, #2) Dream Killers Complete Season 1 Demons Are Jackasses As Night Falls