Start by marking “Stowaway (Travelers #2)” as Want to Read:
Stowaway (Travelers #2)

Stowaway (Travelers #2)

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  73 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Kit's a stowaway on a cargo freighter. Raine's the security chief. Obviously, bedding Kit is a terrible idea for Raine and Kit agrees. He's been screwed enough by authority. But somehow they keep doing it anyway.

The capture of stowaway Kit Miller brings some rare excitement to the life of Raine, security chief on a deep space cargo freighter. Kit's a fugitive, a shameless
Published August 22nd 2012 by Loose Id (first published August 23rd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Stowaway, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stowaway

Edina Rose
I liked Kit a lot. He is sooo bad!

OK, you have Kit the twink, an innocent fugitive and Raine, the ex-army manly man, now security chief of the cargo where Kit is hiding. See, the authority figure and the outlaw. Kit is, we'll say, morally flexible, and Raine is quite rigid, a by-the-book kind of man.

Normally they would never get together because they are on opposite sides of the law. But Kit is simply irresistible and doesn't he knows that! When he sets his sights on Raine for various reasons,
MandyM
Great space opera with a lovely romance. Kit stows away on a space freighter to escape a wrongful arrest. He's a complex (and not altogether 'good') character, flirtatious, self-sufficient and distrustful of authority. But he's hopeless at making escape plans and he's soon captured by the gruff and very honorable Raine, the freighter's security chief. From the beginning these two are irresistibly attracted to each other. But Raine resists, very conscious of his position and Kit's vulnerability. ...more
Kassa
I consider this book to be pure reading fantasy, in that nothing is very realistic about the plot, characters, actions, and dialogue but that’s not really the point. The story is trying to be entertaining and not necessarily concerned about things like world building, logic, and realistic behavior. If you’re a reader that doesn’t need a realistic take then this is probably entertaining enough to read and enjoy. I found it to be so but if you’re the type that harps on realistic actions in books t ...more
Teresa
This book definitely gets four stars for characters.

Kit is my favourite. He's just so cheeky, and the humour bounced off him nicely against the more stricter character of Raine.

I felt a little cheated though over Gracie. I loved her, and would have liked to have known more about who had let her down in the past. There was too much telling about that and not much showing... but then I'm not your usual run-of-the-mill m/m romance reader, so maybe that wont bother other readers so much.

Although t
Valentina Heart
This review was originally written for The Romance Reviews and can also be found there.

What do you do with a stowaway on your ship? Well, you put him to work of course. Even if he pushes your buttons and you would rather bend him over a desk at any given time. This is an interesting science fiction romance with plenty of hot intimate encounters as well as hidden lust.

Kit is a stowaway. He's on a run from the law and the threat of prison when he finds a sanctuary on a cargo freighter. His little
KV Taylor
Oh, that was fun. Fun, fun, fun.

Kit is hilarious. He's absurd and clueless but wants to think he's wily. I laughed so hard at him, so much. He made more sense than he should've. Not sure what that says about me, but there it is. Right from the beginning you know he's perfectly out of his depth and will never, ever admit it -- though even then, he's smart enough that part of him knows and just says, "fuck it!"

Raine is adorable. He's the embodiment of big, dumb, hot idiot. He's at once a perfect s
Snowtulip
2.5

I love space stories, so I had high hopes, which unfortunately deflated. I never really understood or felt the chemistry between Kit and Raine, and I really didn't get very much world building. I need both of those to enjoy a story. Unfortunately, it didn't keep my interest.
Simsala
Space ship? No,cruise liner!
The setting didn`t feel like S/F.
(The amount of cleaning chores in this book was quiet unsettling...don`t they have robots to do that kind of work in the future? - I`m disappointed...)
But Stowaway is a nice read in spite of a few plotholes and flaws.Likeable characters,entertaining story,hot sex scenes and I was about to give it 3 stars.
But what totally won me over was the fight scene near the end of the book.To say the used weapons were unusual or inappropriate would
Mandi
2.5-3 stars. Light, fun sci-fi story. I had issues with the characters though. I thought Raine went back and forth between wanting Kit to wanting to punish himself for wanting Kit for too long. And I think I'm in the minority here, but I never really warmed up to Kit.

The writing was good though and kept me engaged until the end. I will be trying more of this author's work.
~♥I_Luv_2_Read♥~
I don't know what to say. it was an ok read. I liked it until the last third when the author broke out the cliches. *shakes head*
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

Good things can come from the worst plans. Accused thief Kit is on the run and just happens to stowaway on a cargo ship. His plan isn’t very good, they never are, and soon enough Kit is caught by sexy security chief Raine. Although Raine should remember that Kit is a thief, he’s overwhelmed by their chemistry, Kit’s good looks, and his own lust. The two men give into their passion but Raine can’t help wondering if he’s jeopardizing hi
Jordi
A story of space operatic proportions, Stowaway is a light and satisfying read. The story of Kit, who desperately needs to get away from a crime he didn't commit sends him tumbling in the arms of security chief Raine.

The story, while predictable, is a fun read for people who want a love story in a sci-fi setting. Kit is likable and the attraction to Raine is one you want to cheer on the success of. The sex scenes are steamy enough, though the story is short enough for it to end quickly, leaving
Zenharley
Melanie
I liked this book and enjoyed the characters. As I read the story, I found that I wanted to know more about Raine, the Chief, his background and home world as well as Kit's. Becky Black also fleshed out secondary characters, such as Gracie, so well that you wanted to know what happened to them as well. The world Becky Black created of this freighter ship containing an ore operation was so well done that I wanted to know more of the nuts and bolts of the world with its tensions between the hauler ...more
Piso
Was completely on expected. Quote a good read!
Rachel
I enjoyed this story for the most part...I LOVED Kit, I really enjoyed him as a fun character. I had issues with Raine's back and forth struggle over his attraction to Kit, which yes I understand that's part of the conflict, but it just didn't work for as long as it went on in the story. I kinda liked that it wasn't a robot-run spaceship and people had to cook and clean. Not every sci-fi 'verse is spotlessly clean :D
Elin
Jan 04, 2014 Elin rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: sci-fi
Highly enjoyable space opera with a good plot and two engaging and sexy protagonists. Raine, of course, is tough as old boots as one would expect from a head of Security but I loved that Kit was tough too and not at all inclined to take nonsense.
Jess
Loved the ending - wasnt what I was expecting at all.

Characters were awesome and plot kept me interested - Kit totally steals my heart.
Barb
I really liked this book. Loved the characters and the premise. I am definitely going to read more from this author
Kristy Maitz
Its about two different guys getting together. Story plot is easy. Story is for light reading.
-RMG
Enjoying this series so far.
Aerulan
Aerulan marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Teazia Cockburn
Teazia Cockburn marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Miranda Mcintosh
Miranda Mcintosh marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
  • Storms and Stars
  • Alien 'n' Outlaw (Galactic Alliance #2)
  • Making Contact
  • The Bacchi
  • Nobody's Hero (Superpowered Love, #3)
  • An Unauthorized Field Guide to the Hunt
  • Healing in His Wings (Healing #1)
  • Dark Sun (New Seattle, #1)
  • Starfall
  • The Incubator (Border Worlds Saga, #3)
  • Bonding (Himiko, #1)
  • One Good Hand (One Good, #1)
  • Bound for the Forest (The Greenwood, #1)
  • Something About Harry (Healing #3)
  • A Stranger in Skoria (Skoria, #1)
  • Signal to Noise (Psionic Frequency, #1)
  • 18% Gray (Task Force Iota, #1)
  • Beloved Captor
Becky lives in the UK and her writing is primarily fuelled by tea and rainy days. After spending far too many years only thinking about writing she finally started putting words down back in 2003 and hasn't stopped since, still trying to make up for lost time.

She's a long time science fiction fan and a lover of all types of stories, but especially those about people who find themselves in the tric
More about Becky Black...

Travelers (5 books)
  • Liar's Waltz (Travelers #1)
  • Higher Ground (Travelers #3)
  • Ganymede Tilt (Travelers #4)
  • Chrysalis Cage (Travelers #5)
Patient Z Liar's Waltz (Travelers #1) Higher Ground (Travelers #3) The Company Man (Red Dragon #1) Dream For Me