Start by marking “A Galactic Holiday” as Want to Read:
A Galactic Holiday

A Galactic Holiday

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  32 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Do androids dream of electric sugar plums?

A detective who refuses to modify her body teams up with her cyborg rival to track down a burglar who is putting toys into homes. A solitary ice miner finds love and friendship while stranded on the surface of Galileo. And two hardheaded negotiators put their differences aside to evade an assassin and save their planets. Enjoy thes
Published December 3rd 2012 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about A Galactic Holiday, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Galactic Holiday

Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)
This is a very good holiday anthology. Each story featured a holiday but a holiday with changes. I loved all of the stories.

The closest to one we celebrate today is How the Glitch Saved Christmas by Stacy Gail. Christmas is still around and two people who have forgotten how to celebrate find something that changes how they view Christmas.

Winter Fusion by Ann Hackett is set on a very cold planet where time has changed the celebration. Eavan Bardan and Brinn Fjord are the negotiators for their res
Calisto
This is just advertised: three romantic stories set in the future during the holidays.

How the Glitch Saved Christmas, by Stacy Gail (3.5)

I really liked this universe and the concept of a heroine who didn't want cybernetic enhancements even when her career demanded it. The characters are likeable and the story works, but what keeps me from really giving a full blown, enthusiastic thumbs up for this is that I thought the hero was too into the heroine too early. I know I'm probably not making much
Jaclyn
If you like those cheesy made-for-t.v. Christmas movies, enjoy sci-fi and romance, I can guarantee that you will like this collection of holiday novellas. While each story was short, it combined those elements that I love best about holiday books. Yes, holiday books/movies can be a little cheesy, but that’s the best part of Christmastime. Add in the fact that these novellas all featured sci-fi romance plots; it was a no-brainer for me that I enjoyed this collection.

How the Glitch Saved Christma
Katie_la_geek
For this review and more check out my blog

There are three things I really like, romance, sci-fi and Christmas. So when I heard Carina Press was releasing an anthology encompassing all of these things I knew I had to read it. A Galactic Holiday comprised of: How the Glitch Saved Christmas by Stacy Gail, Galileo’s Holiday by Sasha Summers and Winter Fusion by Anna Hackett.

I really enjoyed How the Glitch Saved Christmas, I loved the futuristic world it was set in and thought the storyline and char
Diane Dooley
A Galactic Holiday, an anthology of science fiction novellas with a winter holiday theme, most definitely leans towards the romantic side of science fiction. Three feel-good stories of future worlds and the people who inhabit them make for a warm and hopeful read this holiday season.

Recommended for fans of science fiction romance, romance readers in general, and science fiction readers looking for something a little warm and fuzzy this holiday season *grin*

* * *

How The Glitch Saved Christmas by
Marcia
A Galactic Holiday is a collection of three sci-fi romance reads: How the Glitch Saved Christmas by Stacy Gail, Galileo’s Holiday by Sasha Summers and Winter Fusion by Anna Hackett. In the interest of keeping it short and sweet I am just going to say…
Bookswagger Marcia: Four Crowns, good read, on the way to swagger. I loved, A Galactic Holiday, I even got a little misty eyed (I did not cry, you cannot prove it). All three ladies gave us a different take on the sci-fi romance. With Anna Hackett y
A Galactic Holiday is a fantastic anthology containing some great Christmas themed science fiction romance stories and is great for anyone who wants to get into the holiday mood. I have to admit that the main reason I wanted to read the anthology was for Stacy Gail's story, I loved her contribution to the Carina Press steampunk Christmas anthology (A Clockwork Christmas) last year so was looking forward to reading more of her work. The other authors are both new to me but I will definitely be ke ...more
L.E.Olteano
Originally posted on Dec 2 2012 at Butterfly-o-Meter Books:

I've been having this anthologies craving lately, so we're talking today about another holiday-themed collection, this time a sci-fi one. The three stories have more of a sweet romance sort of note, no real kink to them. Not a drawback, just a specification, since the anthology we talked about a few days earlier - Red Hot Holiday - did have some light kink going on. This one doesn't, it's vanilla romance though still adult.
Rarer for me,
Tsana Dolichva
A Galactic Holiday is a three-novella anthology edited by Angela James and with novellas by Stacy Gail, Sasha Summers and Anna Hackett. The stories are all science fiction romances (or romance science fiction, more accurately) with a Christmassy theme. A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher, Carina Press, for review purposes.

The first story was How The Glitch Saved Christmas by Stacy Gail. The heroine is a Chicago cop in a future where most of the police force have undergone bod
Rhianna
Joy to the Worlds!

I love the scifi genre in general, but if there isn't at the very least a romantic element it often doesn't hold my interest. That's where Carina Press continues to deliver. They find great stories that blend aliens and space-travel and new worlds that center on a the romance between two characters within these realms. This was my third year reading and loving a holiday anthology they've put out and I would highly recommend it to my fellow scifi romance lovers.

I wasn't sure whe
Pam
I received this from NetGalley for an honest review. This is a collection of three short stories about the future and some off planet Christmas stories. Each one is charming in it's own way and i enjoyed all three of them.

How the Glitch Saved Christmas by Stacy Gail
Reina Vedette is the only person left in her police department with no modifications. She doesn't want them and they can't make her get them. They can move her down the ranks and that is what they do. When a strange break in case h
Stephanie Collins
Once again another fun holiday anthology from Carina Press edited by the wonderful Angela James. In this case she's also very generous as she was nice enough to send me a copy of this after I tweeted for ideas of what to read next. :-) This is an excellent read for any sci-fi/fantasy fans who also like a bit of heat and romance.

Again Angela - Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

How the Glitch Saved Christmas, by Stacy Gail

Reina is an oddity in the current Chicago police force... She actually wants t
Marlene
Originally published at Book Lovers Inc.

A Galactic Holiday is one of Carina Press' annual holiday trifecta collections, along with Red Hot Holiday and Romancing the Holiday. Maybe I should have called them holiday confections, because they're usually pretty yummy overall.

But the annual sci-fi collection (last year's was the all-steampunk A Clockwork Christmas always has slightly more heavy lifting to take care of than the contemporary anthologies. Because each story has to build its sci-fi world
Kelly
It should come as no surprise that I'm a sucker for sexy sci-fi -- whether it's set on a lonely planet somewhere in the far corners of space or with a cyborg hottie looking for love. Basically, I'm trying to say that this anthology pushed all my buttons. In a good way.

How the Glitch saved Christmas by Stacy Gail - Holy... crumb. For a short story this *really* packs a wallop. There might have been some tears, a discreet wiping of damp cheeks, and a sniffle or two. I was honestly blown away by th
Lindsey
This sci-fi holiday themed book includes three novellas:

How the Glitch Saved Christmas - Unique plot, excellent world building, steamy romance, but it took awhile for the story to actually go. 4 stars.

Galileo's Holiday - Good world building, but I didn't feel much chemistry between the main characters. 3 stars.

Winter Fusion - Great world building, lots of adventure, and a love story that played with my heart strings. 4 stars.
Rachel Webb
Solid set of 3 sci-fi romance novellas. Nothing too outstanding, but nothing awful either. I liked the third one the best because I felt the characters were developed more in a short amount of time, but like I said, the other 2 stories were good too.
Caroline
3.5 Stars.

This has three nice little near/alternate future mini reads. Not much else to it.
Emmeline Lock
Awesome futuristic Christmas antho. Loved it, especially WINTER FUSION, and GALILEO'S HOLIDAY.
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Jules
Jules marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Campbell
Campbell marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
Lynne
Lynne marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
Jacqueline
Jacqueline marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Amalia Dillin
Amalia Dillin is currently reading it
Dec 21, 2014
Sophia
Sophia added it
Aug 20, 2014
Sarah Kalaitzidis
Sarah Kalaitzidis marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Tamera McIntosh
Tamera McIntosh marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
I'm passionate about action romance. I love stories that combine the thrill of falling in love with the excitement of action, danger and adventure. I write about people overcoming unbeatable odds and achieving seemingly impossible goals. I like to believe it's possible for all of us to do the same.

My parents are to blame for my insatiable need to mix action and romance. When I was young, I raided
More about Anna Hackett...
Time Thief (The Anomaly Series #1) At Star's End (The Phoenix Adventures, #1) In the Devil's Nebula (The Phoenix Adventures, #2) Mind Raider (The Anomaly Series #2) On a Rogue Planet (The Phoenix Adventures, #3)