The Devil Made Me Do It

The Devil Made Me Do It

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Don’t tempt me…. Erin wants her husband to rip her clothes off…literally. Does she dare provoke him? Natalie wants to make love outdoors. Can she convince her shy husband? Melissa wants the bad boy she just met in a bar. Should she or shouldn’t she? And Heather watches from a secret room….

These women and others like them know what they want in bed. But some-times they have...more
ebook, Second
Published November 26th 2012 by Evolved Publishing (first published March 7th 2011)

Natasha Larry
I have to give a five star rawr rating to Amelia James' The Devil Made Me Do It.

Look, I'm not ashamed to admit that every once in awhile even I, with my sophisticated taste in literature *pause for laughter* appreciate a good, trashy erotic romance novel.

I rarely review them because, well, most of them are so bad. This one is worth mentioning. I met Amelia James via a face book group she created and found her so cool that I decided to read one of her novels. I then got myself over to Amazon, an...more
Liberty Ann (SnifferWalkBooks) Ireland
Dec 10, 2012 Liberty Ann (SnifferWalkBooks) Ireland rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Readers of Erotic Romance, especially married couples

My Review: 5 Stars, 5 Flames!

The Devil Made Me Do It contains 4 short couples stories with enough erotic fantasy and hot sex to steam up your windows permanently. This is actually a second edition containing an additional four new stories: The Bargain – Her Part; The Bargain – His Part; Under His Kilt; and Sugar and Spice. Each story is essentially self-contained and thoroughly enjoyable.

The Good: The absolute best part of this book is the fact that all of these hot couples are just that - coup...more
Vanessa Wu
This book succeeds brilliantly on its own terms. It's probably the purest form of erotica I've ever read. Pure in the sense that it will give you an orgasm sooner or later. Amelia overwhelms you with one erotic image after another. One of them is bound to trigger a reaction; and, once that trigger has been pulled, it's a sprint to the finish. The pace is relentless and exhilarating. Yet it's very light-hearted. The stories are witty, imaginative and playful. No-one gets hurt. Whether you dip int...more
Lori Whitwam
The best erotica collection I've read in a long, long time. Steamy, explicit, humorous, playful, romantic, these stories push the edge, then let you know that the devil IS in the details. A great compilation of tantalizing tidbits that makes great "couples" reading. "Which stories did YOU like best, honey?" ;-)
Holly

The Devil Made Me Do It is a collection of hot, fun, erotic stories that mostly center on married woman by author Amelia James.

Oh my goodness. The Devil Made Me Do It is filled with sex. We do have relationships—most of these are couples who have been married for a while and have kids and we know they love each other but we are mostly focusing on their fantasies, the sexual aspects of their relationships. We have a little bit of everything from outside sex, voyeurism, D/s and more.

My favorite h...more
Amanda (Hootie) Clark
Seriously I need to run through a garden sprinkler at the moment! Amelia James has quickly become my favorite trashy writer with her fiery, sexy, fun books. Whenever I'm in the mood for a good raunchy read I know who to turn to! The Devil Made Me Do It was a compilation of short erotic stories that had me putting the book down several times to cool off. And by "Cool Off" I mean handle my business. And By "Handle My Business" I mean.... LOL you get the picture! The main thing I loved about this b...more
April
Oh my!! Such naughty stories!! This is a terrific collection of short erotic tales. Super short, and super steamy!

Each story gets down to business fairly quickly. Hot and heavy action that may have you taking breaks throughout the short anthology! This little book packs in eighteen steamy sex filled tidbits. They are really well written and interesting stories. Many of them could have been longer. While the stories were all about the sex they did not feel lacking in story. Very nicely set up fro...more
Lissette
Midnight Rendezvous

On vacation in beautiful Scotland, Gwen Carter is looking forward to her midnight rendezvous with her husband. He's been treating her to such special moments and their current encounter is one of them. Indulging in their wildest fantasies, their love life has been unlike anything she's ever known. Granted, the one fantasy she wishes she could have is one she knows will never happen. Or so she thinks.

Arriving at her current destination, she's excited about the prospect of her u...more
Carin
The Devil Made Me Do It is a collection of Amelia James short stories and I have to tell you your going to need an asbestos cover for your e-reader on this one ;O) They are HOT as in hotter than Hell hot (I know bad pun)

Each short story is a couple acting out a fantasy from voyeurism to amateur stripping the fantasies are varied and erotic. I love that each story is about the right length for a soak in the tub but then you need a cold shower after reading them so being in the tub can be rather...more
Charli Denae
For being an anthology of short stories, this book surprised me. The stories actually gave a lot of detail into the characters in such a short time. They were very spicy but realistic and I loved that there was a little mystery to a few of them. I also loved that the characters were all couples, not one-night stands or bar pick-ups. You see that way too much and these stories were a refreshing change. I also loved that the couples were normal, average people, not rich or movie stars. People you...more
Redheaded Bookworm
This is the second book I have read from Amelia James. I loved her book Her Twisted Pleasures! So when I got the chance to review another of hers, I jumped on the chance! I really liked the short stories contained in this book. The only down side? I wanted more! I wish each was novel length. I needed more from the characters! My favorite? It's a toss up between Midnight Rendevouz and Party Favors! And every story is a scorcher! She even throws in a little parnanormal. I can't wait to read more f...more
Emlyn Chand
Amelia James's writing is hot, hot, hot--just like this cover! For anyone who liked the idea of Fifty Shades of Grey, but hated the characters, writing, and pretty much everything else about it, "The Devil Made Me Do It" is a much, much better pick. Read one story at a time, or read it straight through. I found myself taking long bubble baths just so I could sneak in a few at a time. Word of advice: make sure your husband/ boyfriend/ whomever is close by while you're reading. ;-)
Susan
"The Devil Made Me Do It" is a collection of short stories filled with emotions and a touch of romance that will heat you up in no time. Amelia pens her characters believable with realistic couples that steam up the pages. A totally hot page turner that is a must read for all mature adult readers.

This review is based on a complimentary copy from the author which was provided for an honest review.
Eden Baylee
Great stories that are fun, well written and sexy. That's what you'll get with The Devil Made Me Do It. Ms. James has clever "quickies" woven into some of the longer stories, and all have high heat levels.

If you've never read any of Amelia James' books, this is a great one to start with. Her style is fresh, her writing crisp, her sex hot enough to melt your Kindle.
Rachel Simons
The Devil Made Me Do It is a book of short stories of the erotic kind. Each women in the stories act out their fantasies. Everyone has fantasies although a lot do nothing about them in this book they act them out. The book is pretty hot and definitely not for under the age of 18.
Fantastic book, very well written and totally sexy.
julia
Hey, look—married couples, some with kids, have sex and love it.
Lemmy
Lemmy marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Ranzes Ryne
Ranzes Ryne marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Lena
Lena marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Katie (GTBC)
Katie (GTBC) marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Awsah
Awsah marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Valerie
Valerie marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
  • 31 Flavors
  • The Fine Print of Self-Publishing: Everything You Need to Know about the Costs, Contracts, and Process of Self-Publishing
  • The Nymph’s Labyrinth
  • Smart Chefs Stay Slim: Lessons in Eating and Living From America's Best Chefs
  • Winter Eve (Ashwood Falls, #0.5)
  • Kanji-Kan (Puzzle Book 1)
  • Gazza's Guide to Practical Project Management
  • Bad Boy Dom (Club El Diablo #6)
  • Run, Clarissa, Run
  • Mirror of Shadows
  • How to Tell a Lie (Truth and Lies, #1)
  • Sapphire (Facets of Passion #1)
  • The Tale of Mally Biddle
  • Alice's Sexual Discovery in a Wonderful Land (Fairy Tale Erotica)
  • dayclean
  • Two Out of Three (Meagan Maloney Mystery, #1)
  • Lions, Tigers, and Sexy Bears Oh My!
  • Taken by the Passion (The Academy Series #3)
1219684
Amelia James started reading steamy romance novels in junior high, but her mom took them away from her, so she started daydreaming instead. After she got married, she wrote some of her naughtier daydreams down and sent them to Playgirl magazine. Two of them got published. She kept daydreaming and writing stories until her dirty stories turned into trashy books.

She lives in Colorado, but she’ll al...more
More about Amelia James...
Tell Me You Want Me Secret Storm Her Twisted Pleasures (The Twisted Mosaic, #1) Their Twisted Love (The Twisted Mosaic #2) His Twisted Choice (The Twisted Mosaic #3)