Start by marking “The Devil Made Me Do It” as Want to Read:
The Devil Made Me Do It

The Devil Made Me Do It

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  53 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Don’t tempt me…. Erin wants her husband to rip her clothes off…literally. Does she dare provoke him? Natalie wants to make love outdoors. Can she convince her shy husband? Melissa wants the bad boy she just met in a bar. Should she or shouldn’t she? And Heather watches from a secret room….

These women and others like them know what they want in bed. But some-times they have
ebook, Second
Published November 26th 2012 by Evolved Publishing (first published March 7th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Devil Made Me Do It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Devil Made Me Do It

Liberty Ann Ireland
Dec 10, 2012 Liberty Ann Ireland rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Readers of Erotic Romance, especially married couples

My Review: 5 Stars, 5 Flames!

The Devil Made Me Do It contains 4 short couples stories with enough erotic fantasy and hot sex to steam up your windows permanently. This is actually a second edition containing an additional four new stories: The Bargain – Her Part; The Bargain – His Part; Under His Kilt; and Sugar and Spice. Each story is essentially self-contained and thoroughly enjoyable.

The Good: The absolute best part of this book is the fact that all of these hot couples are just that - coup
Natasha Larry
Jun 19, 2011 Natasha Larry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have to give a five star rawr rating to Amelia James' The Devil Made Me Do It.

Look, I'm not ashamed to admit that every once in awhile even I, with my sophisticated taste in literature *pause for laughter* appreciate a good, trashy erotic romance novel.

I rarely review them because, well, most of them are so bad. This one is worth mentioning. I met Amelia James via a face book group she created and found her so cool that I decided to read one of her novels. I then got myself over to Amazon, an
Vanessa Wu
Aug 21, 2011 Vanessa Wu rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book succeeds brilliantly on its own terms. It's probably the purest form of erotica I've ever read. Pure in the sense that it will give you an orgasm sooner or later. Amelia overwhelms you with one erotic image after another. One of them is bound to trigger a reaction; and, once that trigger has been pulled, it's a sprint to the finish. The pace is relentless and exhilarating. Yet it's very light-hearted. The stories are witty, imaginative and playful. No-one gets hurt. Whether you dip int ...more
Lori Whitwam
The best erotica collection I've read in a long, long time. Steamy, explicit, humorous, playful, romantic, these stories push the edge, then let you know that the devil IS in the details. A great compilation of tantalizing tidbits that makes great "couples" reading. "Which stories did YOU like best, honey?" ;-)
Lisa Cullinan
Jan 01, 2017 Lisa Cullinan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Steamy short stories

This is a collection of sexy, steamy short stories that would be of perfect use on a cold winter's night! Nicely written ~
Lissette
Dec 10, 2012 Lissette rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Midnight Rendezvous

On vacation in beautiful Scotland, Gwen Carter is looking forward to her midnight rendezvous with her husband. He's been treating her to such special moments and their current encounter is one of them. Indulging in their wildest fantasies, their love life has been unlike anything she's ever known. Granted, the one fantasy she wishes she could have is one she knows will never happen. Or so she thinks.

Arriving at her current destination, she's excited about the prospect of her u
Amanda (Hootie) Clark
Seriously I need to run through a garden sprinkler at the moment! Amelia James has quickly become my favorite trashy writer with her fiery, sexy, fun books. Whenever I'm in the mood for a good raunchy read I know who to turn to! The Devil Made Me Do It was a compilation of short erotic stories that had me putting the book down several times to cool off. And by "Cool Off" I mean handle my business. And By "Handle My Business" I mean.... LOL you get the picture! The main thing I loved about this b ...more
Holly

The Devil Made Me Do It is a collection of hot, fun, erotic stories that mostly center on married woman by author Amelia James.

Oh my goodness. The Devil Made Me Do It is filled with sex. We do have relationships—most of these are couples who have been married for a while and have kids and we know they love each other but we are mostly focusing on their fantasies, the sexual aspects of their relationships. We have a little bit of everything from outside sex, voyeurism, D/s and more.

My favorite h
April
Oh my!! Such naughty stories!! This is a terrific collection of short erotic tales. Super short, and super steamy!

Each story gets down to business fairly quickly. Hot and heavy action that may have you taking breaks throughout the short anthology! This little book packs in eighteen steamy sex filled tidbits. They are really well written and interesting stories. Many of them could have been longer. While the stories were all about the sex they did not feel lacking in story. Very nicely set up fro
Carin
Dec 02, 2012 Carin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Devil Made Me Do It is a collection of Amelia James short stories and I have to tell you your going to need an asbestos cover for your e-reader on this one ;O) They are HOT as in hotter than Hell hot (I know bad pun)

Each short story is a couple acting out a fantasy from voyeurism to amateur stripping the fantasies are varied and erotic. I love that each story is about the right length for a soak in the tub but then you need a cold shower after reading them so being in the tub can be rather
Charli ღ Denae
Nov 15, 2011 Charli ღ Denae rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For being an anthology of short stories, this book surprised me. The stories actually gave a lot of detail into the characters in such a short time. They were very spicy but realistic and I loved that there was a little mystery to a few of them. I also loved that the characters were all couples, not one-night stands or bar pick-ups. You see that way too much and these stories were a refreshing change. I also loved that the couples were normal, average people, not rich or movie stars. People you ...more
Redheaded Bookworm
This is the second book I have read from Amelia James. I loved her book Her Twisted Pleasures! So when I got the chance to review another of hers, I jumped on the chance! I really liked the short stories contained in this book. The only down side? I wanted more! I wish each was novel length. I needed more from the characters! My favorite? It's a toss up between Midnight Rendevouz and Party Favors! And every story is a scorcher! She even throws in a little parnanormal. I can't wait to read more f ...more
Melissa Storm
Jun 20, 2013 Melissa Storm rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-ebook
Amelia James's writing is hot, hot, hot--just like this cover! For anyone who liked the idea of Fifty Shades of Grey, but hated the characters, writing, and pretty much everything else about it, "The Devil Made Me Do It" is a much, much better pick. Read one story at a time, or read it straight through. I found myself taking long bubble baths just so I could sneak in a few at a time. Word of advice: make sure your husband/ boyfriend/ whomever is close by while you're reading. ;-)
Susan
Dec 22, 2012 Susan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
"The Devil Made Me Do It" is a collection of short stories filled with emotions and a touch of romance that will heat you up in no time. Amelia pens her characters believable with realistic couples that steam up the pages. A totally hot page turner that is a must read for all mature adult readers.

This review is based on a complimentary copy from the author which was provided for an honest review.
Rachel
Dec 11, 2012 Rachel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Devil Made Me Do It is a book of short stories of the erotic kind. Each women in the stories act out their fantasies. Everyone has fantasies although a lot do nothing about them in this book they act them out. The book is pretty hot and definitely not for under the age of 18.
Fantastic book, very well written and totally sexy.
Eden Baylee
Jul 25, 2012 Eden Baylee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great stories that are fun, well written and sexy. That's what you'll get with The Devil Made Me Do It. Ms. James has clever "quickies" woven into some of the longer stories, and all have high heat levels.

If you've never read any of Amelia James' books, this is a great one to start with. Her style is fresh, her writing crisp, her sex hot enough to melt your Kindle.
Donna
Donna rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2012
Renu r  singh
Renu r singh rated it it was ok
Oct 17, 2012
Maxwell
Maxwell rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2011
Rachel Obenhaus
Rachel Obenhaus rated it it was amazing
Nov 15, 2014
Min217
Min217 rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2014
Christina
Christina rated it really liked it
Oct 05, 2011
Lizzie
Lizzie rated it it was ok
Apr 11, 2014
Bunnyray
Bunnyray rated it did not like it
Oct 29, 2016
Camron
Camron rated it liked it
Dec 02, 2012
Ng245
Ng245 rated it it was ok
Jul 20, 2014
Roxanna Cross
Roxanna Cross rated it really liked it
Dec 12, 2012
Devanshu
Devanshu rated it it was ok
Dec 22, 2012
Rose
Rose rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2013
Michael Dadich
Michael Dadich rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2013
  • Hollywood Holiday (Red Carpet, #2)
  • Four For Christmas
  • The Dom on the Naughty List (Badass Brats, #1.5)
  • Captivated (Courts of Light and Darkness, #1)
  • 31 Flavors
  • Jimmy Stu Lives!
  • Quests of Shadowind: Sky Shifter (Young Adult Series - Book 1)
  • New Queer Cinema: The Director's Cut
  • Gangsterland (Ink Portal Adventure #1)
  • Steel Dominance (Steamwork Chronicles, #3)
  • Skinny Dipping in Daylight
  • Hold My Hand (Heart & Soul, #1)
  • The Doomsday Survival Handbook: A Bucket List for Every Conceivable Apocalypse
  • Two Out of Three (Meagan Maloney Mystery, #1)
  • Western Winter Wedding Bells
  • The Gorgeous Girls
  • FanGirl
  • The Tale of Mally Biddle
1219684
Amelia James started reading steamy romance novels in junior high, but her mom took them away from her, so she started daydreaming instead. After she got married, she wrote some of her naughtier daydreams down and sent them to Playgirl magazine. Two of them got published. She kept daydreaming and writing stories until her dirty stories turned into trashy books.

She lives in Colorado, but she’ll al
More about Amelia James...