Start by marking “My Only” as Want to Read:
My Only

My Only (Versions #1)

Shy, awkward Adam is resigned to sit on the sidelines of life, overshadowed by his outgoing and popular twin brother, Aaron. Adam James’ life is far from perfect. A deeply internal person, Adam is silently confused about his lot in life, including life after high school. A talented drummer from a small suburb of Chicago, Adam keeps to himself, downplaying his abilities, th ...more
Kindle Edition, 2nd Edition, 220 pages
Published September 11th 2012 by The Writer's Coffee Shop Publishing House (first published March 7th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about My Only, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Only

Karla

Review posted at: Swept Away By Romance

When Olivia disappeared from view, it was like the sun passing behind a cloud. My body was still warmed by her light, but even the slightest dimming of her brilliance left me shivering.

Beautifully written sweet, yet sad story about young love, a first love, family and friendship. Not an easy read at times, but done with care, sensitivity and ultimately leaves the reader with a sense of hope.

Two brothers, Adam and Aaron, twins, so different, polar opposite,
Natasha is a Book Junkie
“I was so lonely that I was practically nonexistent. I wished I wasn’t. I wished my personality was one that made people gravitate toward me. I wished I knew what to say to people. I wished I knew how to just fit right in. I wished I could just be comfortable in social settings and be able to go after everything and anything I wanted. In short, I wished I was my brother. He was never lonely.”

Have you ever felt overshadowed by someone close to you? Have you ever wished you were born different
Alexis *Reality Bites*
This Review Contains Mild Spoilers My Only is Beautifully Tragic
Side Note: Grab a box of Kleenex because this one is a tear jerker...
4 STARS out of 5
Genre: YA Romance

And I don't wanna take for granted the time you may have here with me
'Cause Lord only knows another day is not really guaranteed

So every time you hold me
Hold me like this is the last time
Every time you kiss me
Kiss me like you'll never see me again
Every time you touch me
Touch me like this is the last time
Promise that you'll love m
Aestas Book Blog
Oct 27, 2012 Aestas Book Blog rated it really liked it
This is a very beautifully written YA book about how tragedies can occur and mark you, and how to find a way to accept them and find the strength move on.

Adam lives a quiet life - engrossed in his school work, surrounded a by a few close friends, but always on the sidelines. Never one of the popular kids, not noticed by girls, he's always the responsible one, a musician, gamer, straight A student with a good heart and a lot of insecurities who constantly feels overshadowed by his nearly identi
Sara
Oct 22, 2012 Sara rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Sara by: Natasha is a Book Junkie
"Loneliness is amplified when everyone you know is busy talking to everyone but you."

Adam is a twin. Aaron, a whole 22 minutes older, is as identical to Adam as he is different. The town knows they are twins but while Aaron is outgoing, social, athletic and a ladies’ man Adam is quiet, reserved, plays on the drum line and has only had a brief encounter with a girl. They even differ in size but still have that twin bond. The twins are twins.

When the enigmatic Olivia shows up in an upstairs win
Michelle [Helen Geek]
Oct 14, 2012 Michelle [Helen Geek] added it
Recommends it for: SAD, if you are into SAD, you may be into this one.
No Rating for me on this one right now. I'm walking away. It is sad, sad, sad and I can't deal with this at this point. I may try to read more later, maybe/maybe not. I'm betting not.

Thanks to Searock, Ian and Anna for the buddy read. This group is always good for book jabber. Unfortunately, I tried this Thanksgiving Week 2012 [puppy potty training via Bingo Eeyore]. My mind was on my carpet.

On to the next one!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Book looks good, but never heard of this aut
Taryn at My Secret Romance
Oct 13, 2012 Taryn at My Secret Romance marked it as to-read
Recommended to Taryn at My Secret Romance by: Natasha is a Book Junkie

Received from publisher for review.
Annie Brewer
Oct 21, 2012 Annie Brewer rated it really liked it
I'm really sad because I bought this today on my nook and went to start reading it and the words are so scrunched together that I can't read it at all. Can anyone tell me where to get a better copy? Except that I paid 9 bucks for it so I am not going to pay again....any thoughts?? Help! Author...please help! I want to read this book! :)

Thanks!

Review to come!
~ Becs ~
Oct 20, 2012 ~ Becs ~ marked it as to-read
Recommended to ~ Becs ~ by: Natasha is a Book Junkie
Yay!! I won this at Swept Away By Romance!!
Megan

For more reviews like this, check out The Book Asylum.

My only was recommended to me by the fabulous Natasha at Natasha is a Book Junkie. When Natasha raves about a book and tells me I HAVE to read it, I do. So, I contacted N.K. directly and the fabulous folks over at The Writer's Coffee Shop Publishing House sent me a copy for an honest review. Now, I'm participating in the blog tour and am thrilled to share my thoughts on this wonderful book with all of you.

Very rarely have I read a bo
Lisa
Dec 12, 2012 Lisa rated it really liked it
Bawling.my.eyes.out! My Only is an emotional ride with stops in Sadness, Loneliness, Jealousy, Anger, Resentment, Happiness, Love and Contentment. I didn’t quite know what I was getting myself into when I started it but I wasn’t expecting to feel so many emotions. This book was distinctly different from other books I have read because it was told from a depressed, lonely male’s POV. Yes, I have read many books that are completely or partially from the male POV but this one was different and I li ...more
Drita
Oct 09, 2012 Drita rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I been trying to gather my thoughts so i can attempt to write a review. It's been so hard because this book was so deeply emotional. Tears were part of reading this beautiful tale of first love.
Adam and Olivia
This book has all the elements to tell a story about a young man and a young women. There were scenes that made me happy, laugh at times, some that warmed my heart, and others emotionally drained me. I loved Olivia, I loved her free spirited heart. Adam, i adored him, i loved his truthfuln
Belle
Mar 23, 2014 Belle rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
(view spoiler)
Splage
Oct 14, 2012 Splage marked it as stalled-for-now
A little slow start for me. I am not sure I will be able to finish because I know this is a sad, heart crusher. I need to be in the right frame of mind. Maybe later.
ChuCha
Adam and Aaron are twins - but like any other twins, they are so different from each other. Aaron is the jock of the two. He's an athlete, a sociable person and everybody likes him - especially girls. On the other hand, Adam, oh Adam. He's the geek in the pair, he's a member of the band where he excels as one of the rhythm drummers. He's silent, and has little friends. These two are way to different from each other, but they have a bond. They were close and they truly love each other. Their moth ...more
 Lady Krishna
Feb 24, 2012 Lady Krishna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This review is originally posted to my blog
Journey with Books

My Only is the first book I've read from Ms. Sophia Duane and I must say that it's a revelation. This book is a bittersweet novel that will surely make you run through a roll of tissue.

I'm not gonna write anything that will spoil the story for you. Sometimes, we just need to let a book that we know little of, to take us in a journey that would let us see things in a different light because that is how real life works, and this book is
Autumn Review
Feb 25, 2012 Autumn Review rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blog-tours, arc, review
Summary:
Adam and his twin brother Aaron couldn’t be more different. Adam is shy, smart, introverted, and in the marching band. His brother is popular, has lots of girlfriends, and is athletic. The only thing they do have in common is their attraction to their new neighbor Olivia. Olivia moves across the street into her grandparents home. She and Adam quickly become friends. Adam develops a big crush on her, but is timid about making a move. Aaron on the other hand is fully prepared to step in an
Jessica
Mar 13, 2013 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cont-series
Book one? what? When is book two out? Who is book two about? I need to know asap.

Spoilers-

My god.
I was not prepared for this type of ending. Gosh sometimes I wish they would tell us in the description that someone will die. But I guess it wouldn't produce a reaction if we knew. Like me, I cried the moment his dad approached him to the very end.
I have a love hate relationship with books like these.
I hate when people die in books, especially when the main character loves them. It makes it that m
Sophie
4.5* The last thing I expected from this book was to be up at 2am bawling , but that's exactly what happened. I could not put it down once I got past the first few chapters, it was pretty different to read a whole book from a guys perspective, but still brilliant nonetheless.
All of the characters are so loving and Adam is adorable, from the beginning you can't help but root for him, sometimes you've got to love the geeky underdog. When I picked up the book I definitely didn't get what I was ex
J *deep in the heart of Texas*
Oct 13, 2012 J *deep in the heart of Texas* rated it really liked it
I'm not really sure why I torture myself with these sad books! This was heart-breaking! You couldn't help but feel for Adam and his life circumstances that make him feel inferior to his twin Aaron! Until he meets Liv and she brings out so much in Adam! This was a really touching story about growth, love, and living life to the fullest! Have some Kleenex ready for this one!
Julie

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present."

Absolutely beautiful story. I loved it.
Jill
Oct 11, 2012 Jill rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
OMG!! This book was AMAZING! It's sad to think the only reason people won't get to enjoy it is the price. It's high for a kindle book. It's a beautiful and heartbreaking story. The characters were very realistic and believable. A new favorite for me! I highly recommend this! Don't pass it up!
SintaRella
Oct 31, 2012 SintaRella rated it it was amazing
Make sure you have plenty of tissues! Heartbreakingly beautiful! Loved loved Adam in a sisterly kinda way. Big bear hugs for him.
Cristina
Oct 13, 2012 Cristina rated it really liked it
Shawna LeAnn
Feb 18, 2012 Shawna LeAnn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You can find this and other reviews on my blog: Dreaming In The Pages

-----------------------------------------------------

If I told you that I was pleasantly surprised by this book I would be lying. I was blow away by my first Sophia Duane book and had to use more than a few tissues to control my stream of tears. Since I went into this book only reading the synopsis and no reviews I wasn’t sure what I would get. But once I flipped the last page, I can tell you that I got one the most bittersweet
Alexandra Christo
Nov 06, 2013 Alexandra Christo rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: never-again

I hate being the rainy part of the rainbow. Goodreads is over-flowing with positive reviews for this, most of them hovering in the five-star range. Though the premise didn't sound all that interesting, I appreciated the role-reversal aspect, with the confident girl helping the shy boy. Unfortunately, my appreciation for the book ended at that basic aspect.

This was one of those astronomically slow reads, that really revelled in the insignificant and mundane details. Adam's point of view is so rid
Vrinda Pendred
May 21, 2013 Vrinda Pendred rated it it was amazing
Taken from vrindapendred.com

I LOVED THIS. The synopsis doesn’t do it justice. Yes, it’s an apt summary of the storyline, but it doesn’t convey the actual writing here – because this is not a unique plot by any means, and admittedly I worked out where the story was going about halfway through the book, but none of that mattered because I just loved every moment of the way the author wrote it.

The language was beautiful, and there were so many wonderful little lines that I kept highlighting. My per
Monica
Jessica
Mar 21, 2014 Jessica rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
***Spoilers Below****

Argh.. I really wished I read more reviews on this book before I decided to read it. I just did not like it. First off there might be some SPOLIERS in my review because I just need to voice what I did not like about this book. At first I really liked that Olivia was hanging out with the shy brother and I really thought that she like him. Then she went and said yes to his brother! Are you kidding me... that's where the story kinda toke a turn for me. Then when that goes sour
Sharon
Apr 27, 2012 Sharon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You start to read the book, and with every page you turn,the author builds up the tension.
You just know something bad is going to happen.
I don't want to spoil anything.
i enjoyed the read, i did NOT cry, but in the middle of the book, the tension between the twins got my stomach in a big knot,and i was feeling it along with them.Did not like the feeling, but NO tears :-))
If you liked ''chasing Nikky'' then this is your book to read.
  • Lessons Learned
  • Lily of the Springs
  • Atonement (Alfonzo, #4)
  • Life of the Party
  • Vol.1 (London Brown, #3.5)
  • I Love You to Death (I Love You, #1)
  • The Boots My Mother Gave Me
  • Freeing Carter
  • I'll Be Here
  • Sweetest Taboo
  • Rewired (Progress, #3)
  • Shadows of Deceit (Sin City Heat, #5)
  • The Unloved
  • No Ordinary Love
  • Double Time (Double Threat, #3)
  • Perchance
  • Twisted
  • Butterfly Weeds (Butterfly Weeds, #1)
Based in the American Midwest, N.K. Smith is the author of the Old Wounds Series, Ghosts of Our Pasts, My Only, Are You Mine?, Hollywood Lies, and Hollywood Sins (available 7/2014).
An avid lover of history, art, music, books, and people, she is interested in telling stories that speak to the human condition.

FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/NKSmithAuthor
More about N.K. Smith...

“Loneliness is amplified when everyone you know is busy talking to everyone but you.” 20 likes
“Listen, life’s too short to let sadness overpower you for long periods of time. Like you said, ‘Everyone dies.’ I felt my emotions, cried my tears, and then came to peace about it. You don’t ever ‘get over’ something like that,” she said, adding air quotes. “Al you can do is embrace the experience and do your best to go on.” 9 likes