Start by marking “Descendants of Darkness, Volume 3” as Want to Read:
Descendants of Darkness, Volume 3

Descendants of Darkness, Volume 3 (Yami no Matsuei #3)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  573 ratings  ·  8 reviews
The business of death is never simple. Booked on a cruise ship headed for Hong Kong, Asato Tsuzuki finds himself entangled in yet another one of Dr. Muraki's neferious schemes. There's a killer on the loose and corpses are piling up at an alarming rate. Tsuzuki immediately suspects his old nemesis is somehow involved. But his theory falls apart when Muraki unexpectedly bec ...more
Published December 25th 2004 by VIZ Media LLC

To ask other readers questions about Descendants of Darkness, Volume 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Descendants of Darkness, Volume 3

earthy
Artwork still deteriorates at times, and this storyline is less interesting than the Devil's Trill from vol. 2. However, there's some great character development for Hisoka, and his relationship with Tsuzuki has some great highlights toward the end of the book. Muraki also reappears, creepier than ever (insert violence/sexual assault/shounen ai warning here).

This is a engaging series, but I wish the artwork were more consistently high quality, and I was very disappointed to learn that the manga
Leila Anani
Wow this is a seriously dark and twisted volume. Tsuzuki and Hisoka are sent onto a casino cruise-ship bound for Hong Kong to investigate the high volume of humans dying before their time in HK. Evil Dr. Muraki (yes the guy who murdered and raped Hisoka) is onboard, but what is his involvement?

Not quite as good as the previous volume in terms of both art and story there's still a lot to enjoy. Muraki is a creepy sadistic villain and really steals the show. His pervy obsession with Tsuzuki is dis
Lissibith
Warning for sexual assault and attempted sexual assault apply heavily on this one.

The base story is a good one - a mysterious ghost, questions of class and rank privilege, the way different people can view the same person differently based on their history and how that can cause conflict, all aboard the claustrophobic setting of an ocean liner at sea.

It's not that well played, however. The mangaka still seems to have some problems winding things down and whatever some of the side notes earlier
Kati
The whole manga consists of one story only, King of Swords, and it all takes place on a fancy liner. Until now, I always put YnM in the "non-yaoi" shelf but this one really crossed the line into BL and the subtext between Muraki and the boys became text, even though not overly graphic. Though it surprised me a bit how casually the mangaka treats sexual assaults...
Cathryn Ferrara
Not as good as the first to, the art is just very jumbled I have a hard time distinguishing the characters especially in the action frames. Also there are some odd over done elements to the nemesis Muraki story line I think I prefer one shot stories about Tsuzuki and Hisoki than the bigger plot line.
Jody Mena
Suspenseful, funny thrilling, sexy and beautifully drawn! My favorite volume yet - Muraki is so evil, but I think he's got to be my favorite at this point; he's so compelling! I'm really looking forward to reading more!
Brianna
pretty good.
Courtney Condy
Courtney Condy marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Zicora
Zicora marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Cass
Cass added it
Feb 26, 2015
Alexa
Alexa marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Aisaru
Aisaru added it
Feb 17, 2015
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
LaShawnna
LaShawnna marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
Kyan
Kyan marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
  • Fake, Volume 05
  • Legal Drug, Volume 02 (Legal Drug, #2)
  • Hero Heel, Volume 02
  • Gorgeous Carat, Volume 03
  • Gravitation, Volume 03
  • Kizuna: Bonds of Love: Book 3
  • Saiyuki, Vol. 9
  • Innocent Bird, Volume 3
  • Godchild, #7
Yoko Matsushita (松下 容子) is a mangaka best known for the supernatural series Yami no Matsuei (published in English as Descendants of Darkness).
More about Yoko Matsushita...

Yami no Matsuei (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Descendants of Darkness, Volume 1
  • Descendants of Darkness, Volume 8
  • Descendants of Darkness, Volume 9
  • Descendants of Darkness, Volume 10
  • Descendants of Darkness, Volume 11
Descendants of Darkness, Volume 1 Descendants of Darkness, Volume 2 Descendants of Darkness, Volume 4 Descendants of Darkness, Volume 5 Descendants of Darkness, Volume 7