Start by marking “Descendants of Darkness, Volume 3” as Want to Read:
Descendants of Darkness, Volume 3

Descendants of Darkness, Volume 3 (Yami no Matsuei #3)

4.13  ·  Rating Details  ·  660 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
The business of death is never simple. Booked on a cruise ship headed for Hong Kong, Asato Tsuzuki finds himself entangled in yet another one of Dr. Muraki's neferious schemes. There's a killer on the loose and corpses are piling up at an alarming rate. Tsuzuki immediately suspects his old nemesis is somehow involved. But his theory falls apart when Muraki unexpectedly bec ...more
Published December 25th 2004 by VIZ Media LLC

To ask other readers questions about Descendants of Darkness, Volume 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Descendants of Darkness, Volume 3

earthy
Oct 23, 2008 earthy rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, comics, manga
Artwork still deteriorates at times, and this storyline is less interesting than the Devil's Trill from vol. 2. However, there's some great character development for Hisoka, and his relationship with Tsuzuki has some great highlights toward the end of the book. Muraki also reappears, creepier than ever (insert violence/sexual assault/shounen ai warning here).

This is a engaging series, but I wish the artwork were more consistently high quality, and I was very disappointed to learn that the manga
Leila Anani
Aug 05, 2013 Leila Anani rated it really liked it
Wow this is a seriously dark and twisted volume. Tsuzuki and Hisoka are sent onto a casino cruise-ship bound for Hong Kong to investigate the high volume of humans dying before their time in HK. Evil Dr. Muraki (yes the guy who murdered and raped Hisoka) is onboard, but what is his involvement?

Not quite as good as the previous volume in terms of both art and story there's still a lot to enjoy. Muraki is a creepy sadistic villain and really steals the show. His pervy obsession with Tsuzuki is dis
Samantha
Apr 23, 2016 Samantha rated it liked it
I really dislike the fact they don't fight Muraki when they see him. Cover be damned. If I couldn't kill him I would still try. I guess they aren't exactly ghost cops but it just seemed too calm and silly when they saw him.
Lissibith
Jul 04, 2012 Lissibith rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, manga
Warning for sexual assault and attempted sexual assault apply heavily on this one.

The base story is a good one - a mysterious ghost, questions of class and rank privilege, the way different people can view the same person differently based on their history and how that can cause conflict, all aboard the claustrophobic setting of an ocean liner at sea.

It's not that well played, however. The mangaka still seems to have some problems winding things down and whatever some of the side notes earlier
Katherine
Mar 27, 2016 Katherine rated it it was amazing
Love love LOVE this volume! This series is so funny and has a really good plot. Volume FOUR!!!
Kati
Sep 13, 2008 Kati rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The whole manga consists of one story only, King of Swords, and it all takes place on a fancy liner. Until now, I always put YnM in the "non-yaoi" shelf but this one really crossed the line into BL and the subtext between Muraki and the boys became text, even though not overly graphic. Though it surprised me a bit how casually the mangaka treats sexual assaults...
Cathryn Ferrara
Sep 13, 2012 Cathryn Ferrara rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga
Not as good as the first to, the art is just very jumbled I have a hard time distinguishing the characters especially in the action frames. Also there are some odd over done elements to the nemesis Muraki story line I think I prefer one shot stories about Tsuzuki and Hisoki than the bigger plot line.
Jody Mena
Jun 01, 2015 Jody Mena rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Suspenseful, funny thrilling, sexy and beautifully drawn! My favorite volume yet - Muraki is so evil, but I think he's got to be my favorite at this point; he's so compelling! I'm really looking forward to reading more!
Brianna
Jan 15, 2016 Brianna rated it really liked it
pretty good.
Maranda Hopper
Maranda Hopper marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Corinne
Corinne rated it liked it
Apr 26, 2016
Gatetnegre
Gatetnegre rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2016
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Johnny Hammond
Johnny Hammond rated it it was amazing
Apr 09, 2016
Liz
Liz rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2016
Sute
Sute rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2016
Shane
Shane marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2016
Ayano Tateyama
Ayano Tateyama rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2016
Alba_Turunen
Alba_Turunen rated it really liked it
Mar 28, 2016
Vicki Adderholdt
Vicki Adderholdt rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2016
Heather Seman
Heather Seman marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2016
Patrick
Patrick rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2016
Agnieszka Miklasz
Agnieszka Miklasz rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2016
Greta Koleva
Greta Koleva rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2016
Helen
Helen rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2016
Yaro
Yaro rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2016
  • Legal Drug, Volume 02 (Legal Drug, #2)
  • Fake, Volume 05
  • Gorgeous Carat, Volume 03
  • Gravitation, Volume 05
  • Hero Heel, Volume 02
  • Kizuna: Bonds of Love, Vol. 2
  • Saiyuki, Vol. 4
  • Angel Sanctuary, Vol. 4
Yoko Matsushita (松下 容子) is a mangaka best known for the supernatural series Yami no Matsuei (published in English as Descendants of Darkness).
More about Yoko Matsushita...

Yami no Matsuei (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Descendants of Darkness, Volume 1