Start by marking “Il canto di Homana” as Want to Read:
Il canto di Homana

Il canto di Homana (Chronicles of the Cheysuli #2)

3.95  ·  Rating Details ·  1,502 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Cinque anni sono trascorsi dal patto suggellato con il sangue fra Carillon, legittimo erede al trono di Homana, e Finn, il guerriero Cheysuli che ha accettato di rinnovare le antiche tradizioni della sua razza. Cinque-anni di esilio che ormai volgono al termine, perché dalla terra di Homana invasa dagli stregoni Hilini si leva un richiamo al quale il principe e il suo magi ...more
Mass Market Paperback, Urania Fantasy #12
Published May 22nd 1989 by Mondadori (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Il canto di Homana, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Il canto di Homana

Richard Houchin
Apr 24, 2008 Richard Houchin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, philosophy
The Chronicles of the Cheysuli series is the first fantasy epic I read. In fact, it's one of the few series I read repeatedly, likely due to my young age and limited literary horizons.

Nevertheless, these books shaped my first views on philosophy, religion, sexuality, racism, and sexism. The responsible way Roberson handles these issues is inspiring and commendable.

On returning to read these books in later years, some of the characters and plot devices appear hackneyed and cliched, and some of t
Kerry
I rather struggled with this one and I don't know why. It's still a good book and I definitely enjoyed it, especially in the second half, but I got stuck for a while in the middle. I was enjoying it while I read it, but not rushing to pick it up again. Once I did settle back into it - which seemed to be helped by a bit of skipping ahead and then going back to read properly - I was very pleased to do so and got it finished in the last few days.

Like the other 70s and 80s books I've been rereading,
Wendy Ward
Mar 12, 2014 Wendy Ward rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Carillon and Finn have returned to Homana after a five year exile to attempt to reclaim the throne taken from him by Bellam of Solinde and Tynstar of the Ihlini. To do so, Carillon and Finn must amass an army of both Homanans and Cheysuli, a difficult task, given the prejudices of both. Carillon must also save his sister and mother who are both held captive by Bellam, but he is given the opportunity when his soldiers capture Electra, Bellam's daughter and Tynstar's "light woman". Will Carillon a ...more
Nieva21
There were a few engaging parts in this novel. Carillon's voice narrating the story was a switch from Alix's and took me a while to adjust to his perspective. Too many of the women, Alix, Electra, and Torrey were impregnated by Tynstar.

Some surface things change; Alix mostly accepts her heritage, Carillon grows older and becomes king, but no one ever fundamentally changes. Oh, except Finn, who by the second book finally stops trying to rape Alix. (What a terrible character! Even after she become
Victoria
This second novel in Roberson’s Cheysuli Chronicles series is a lot stronger than the first (Shapechangers). The focus shifts from Alix to Carillon and it is through his eyes that this sequel unfolds. The pacing rushes past a few details, but overall this is an exciting novel and a much fuller one than its predecessor in the series. Tynstar’s villainy steals the show a bit and the scope of the setting widens with more descriptions of other lands in Roberson’s universe. The very memorable Electra ...more
Kate Millin
May 03, 2016 Kate Millin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Carillon returns from exile with his Cheysuli right hand man with the aim of gathering supporters to help him regain his throne. Along the way he finds it hard to decide who he should trust, other than the men who were in captivity with him and his Cheysulis supporters. They all go through some difficult up times, especially when up against the Ileni sorcerer who has enraptured the current usurper King on the throne.
Sandy Millin
At first I wasn't sure whether I could be bothered to read this, as I've read a few same-y fantasy books this year, but by about 50 pages in I wanted to know what happened, and that kept me going until the end. There were some good twists and turns in the story, and the author chose not to describe some key events, but just to focus on the lead-up to them and the consequences, which was an interesting choice. An enjoyable read.
Leslie Wiederspan
Mar 14, 2014 Leslie Wiederspan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great follow to a great first story! This one is from the viewpoint of Prince Carillion. Very fascinating story! Im looking forward to reading the third book to see who tells the story and what happens to the characters. Very sad ending though.
Natasha
Sep 08, 2016 Natasha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first book is tedious at best, buy you've got to read it to really appreciate how good the second book is. I don't know if I'll keep reading the series because I'm completely satisfied.
Gosia
Jun 14, 2015 Gosia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Um... good... very good. The first one was better though. This one tells us more about Homanans. Necesarry for the whole picture.
Knitwit Tarvin
Jun 02, 2012 Knitwit Tarvin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book 2 takes place from Carillon's point of view, and I really enjoyed the shift in perspective from Alix to Carillon. Finn remains one of my favorite characters, though I don't think I admired him as much when I was younger. Even though it has been over 10 years since I've read these books, some of the storylines are coming back to me as I'm reading. But it has been long enough, that I am enjoying the story once again. I wish I could get these on my nook, so I could recycle my old copies that a ...more
Barry
Jul 21, 2016 Barry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Continuation of the story. Carillon wins back his land but loses much in the winning
Todd R
Mar 18, 2014 Todd R rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
A very good series which I am re-reading after about 20 years. Good characters and loads of political and magical intrigue.
Gregoire
Sep 03, 2014 Gregoire rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Toujours aussi passionnant
Sunsy
Jul 02, 2015 Sunsy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dank des langen Wochenendes habe ich nicht lange für die 461 Seiten gebraucht. Das Buch konnte mich erneut fesseln und gefiel mir noch etwas besser als Buch 1 der Reihe.

Mehr könnt ihr in meinem Blog lesen: http://sunsys-blog.blogspot.de/2015/0... . Ich gebe 08/10 Punkte
Dana
Nov 03, 2008 Dana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I often think that the first book in this series was the best, but that's probably because I like Alix more than all her various male relatives. But this is still one of my favorite series from teenagerhood, so I'm enjoying rereading it.
Emily
Mar 20, 2011 Emily rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this series when I was in high school and tried to re read it now. It wasn't nearly as engaging as I'd remembered, but the story was still fun. Don't think I'll pick up 3-8 quite yet.
Alex
Mar 20, 2015 Alex rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: scifi-fantasy
Again, a series I was completely hesitant to take on...specially after having loved the Dragonlance charcters so much...I never thought I would care again...but there you go. Great series.
secondwomn
Apr 07, 2010 secondwomn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, sff, 2010
this one's from carillion's perspective. well-paced, lots of twists. his character development is a bit shallow, for all that he's the narrator. still lots to like about this series.
Theresa
Dec 18, 2013 Theresa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review
a great beginning of the story that makes a series that is one of the few i could not put down'
Tamara
Dec 16, 2011 Tamara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book! Even loved it from a new perspective! Excited about the rest of the series.
Nick Edwards
i loved it and one of the best books i have ever read
Iska
Loved it! Couldn't wait to pick up the next one!
Joe
Feb 13, 2011 Joe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good world that Roberson builds here.
Christine
Nov 29, 2008 Christine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: have-read
See my review of the first book, Shapechangers.
Tyra Berger
Apr 01, 2013 Tyra Berger rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
Re-read
Selina Harvey
Selina Harvey rated it it was amazing
Sep 28, 2016
Jamison Rivera
Jamison Rivera rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2016
Goodreads Librari...: ISBN 0886770572 2 9 Mar 22, 2015 09:21AM
  • The Horse Lord (Book of Years, # 1)
  • The Dragon Token (Dragon Star, #2)
  • Harp of Winds (Artefacts of Power, #2)
  • The Changeling (The Fey, #2)
  • Heritage and Exile (Darkover Omnibus, #1)
  • The Door into Sunset (Tale of the Five, #3)
  • New Moon (Oran, #1)
  • Shadow's Realm (Bifrost Guardians, #4)
  • The Warrior Lives (Guardians of the Flame #5)
  • The Timekeeper Conspiracy (Time Wars, #2)
  • The Thrall and the Dragon's Heart
  • The Harem of Aman Akbar
  • World Without End (Moontide and Magic Rise, #1)
Jennifer Mitchell Roberson O'Green is an author of fantasy and historical literature. Roberson has lived in Arizona since 1957. She grew up in Phoenix, but in 1999 relocated to Flagstaff. She obtained a Bachelor of Science in journalism from Northern Arizona University. Roberson had spent her final semester in England at the University of London. This enabled her to do indepth research at castles ...more
More about Jennifer Roberson...

Chronicles of the Cheysuli (8 books)
  • Shapechangers (Chronicles of the Cheysuli #1)
  • Legacy of the Sword (Chronicles of the Cheysuli #3)
  • Track of the White Wolf (Chronicles of the Cheysuli, #4)
  • A Pride of Princes (Chronicles of the Cheysuli #5)
  • Daughter of the Lion (Chronicles of the Cheysuli, #6)
  • Flight of the Raven (Chronicles of the Cheysuli #7)
  • A Tapestry of Lions (Chronicles of the Cheysuli #8)