Blank-133x176

The Missing Boatman

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  53 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Miracles are happening.
Pray to God they stop.

In the dead of winter, on a highway in Quebec, a man crashes his car and survives. In New York, a homeless person is run over by a bus and lives. In Tokyo, a teenager jumps off a high rise building and fails in taking her own life. All over the world, miracles like these transpire, and people breathe a sigh of relief.

But for the...more
Published June 3rd 2011 by Eltanin Publishing (first published October 19th 2010)

Alexis Winning
I enjoy reading Keith Blackmore's work. He has a distinct style that often makes me chuckle. The Missing Boatman is one of the most original books I have read, although I do feel it could have been slightly condensed.

All around the world, people are defying death. Somehow surviving terrible accidents, people are failing to die. What the world doesn't know is that Death himself has given humans the proverbial finger and decided to go AWOL. To prevent the end of the world, Tony has been chosen to...more
Sharon
Initially I was a little shocked at what seemed like gratuitous super violence, but this book had me hooked and I really enjoyed it. I'll have to take a look At what else mr. Blackmore might have to offer.
Janese Jackson
I got about 70% through this book (thanks kindle, for keeping track), and I was quite into it... And then, BAM! I was smacked with so much idiocy that I could not continue.
THERE WILL BE SPOILERS AHEAD!!!
I loved the premise, it was different and creepy. The beginning of this book does a great job drawing you in, and it keeps you reading with it's quick pace, interesting characters; it creates a genuine desire to know what's going on & why, and what will be the result. It's good enough that...more
Bob
What do you think about Death taking a holiday in British Columbia? In Winter? Everyone stops dying and the race is on to find Death and get him to start bringing souls over to the other side again. But Death is on strike. He's getting a bum rap from everyone. No one understands Death and everyone blames him for what he does. He's on strike until someone -- anyone -- will speak up for him and let the living know that they have it all wrong about him. He's not a bad guy, really. He does drink a l...more
Tara
As many other reviewers have stated, the violence in this book is something you have to muscle through in order to enjoy the underlying story. It's a very interesting premise, and I found it fast-paced and absorbing, but I often found myself cringing at the gruesome violence throughout. If you can handle that aspect, and you enjoy a supernatural element in a story, you will like this book.
Corrie
Great book, took a little motivation to get past the beginning violence, but getting further into the book released an awesome mystery and hunt. Keith C Blackmore keeps to his usual awesome authoring.
Michele
Oct 13, 2012 Michele is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I had to stop reading this for now. It's very interesting -- but I needed something a little lighter just for now. I'll re-start ...
Cathy
I really enjoyed this 1st novel by indy author Keith Blackmore. It's available on Amazon.com in electronic format.
Cheryl
Satire, tongue-in-cheek humor. Blood, gore, mega cursing. Needs a proofreader but above all, an excellent read.
Jason
This is my favorite of Keith C. Blackmore's books, it is a great read and an interesting concept. You'll enjoy it.
Matt
Loved this book. What a cool concept for a story. Very unique plot and well thought out characters. Funny as hell too.
Mitchell
reminded me of an independent version of American Gods. pretty decent
John
Great book, another cracker from Keith Blackmore, Loved it.
Areland
Very good read. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Annie
Annie marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Rebecca Kennedy
Rebecca Kennedy marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Brenda Collins
Brenda Collins marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Books are available on both Amazon and Kobo.
More about Keith C. Blackmore...
Mountain Man Safari (Mountain Man Book Two) The Hospital Hellifax (Mountain Man Book 3) The Bear That Fell From The Stars