Start by marking “Warren Peace” as Want to Read:
Warren Peace

Warren Peace

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  30 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Influenced more by Seven Samurai, Zulu and Joss Whedon than by Watership Down, Warren Peace is about a young, nervous rabbit with an easy life.... until the foxes come. With his friends and family’s lives in danger, Cuetip must undertake a perilous journey out into the big world to find help. On the way, he also finds terror, sadness, friendship, cats, hilarity and perhaps ...more
Paperback, Print edition, 309 pages
Published September 11th 2012 by Michael Wombat (first published September 5th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Warren Peace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Warren Peace

Watership Down by Richard AdamsSilverwing by Kenneth OppelBlack Beauty by John DavageThe Call of the Wild by Jack LondonCharlotte's Web by E.B. White
Animal Xenofiction (Nonhuman POV)
117th out of 250 books — 33 voters
Ratha's Creature by Clare BellTailchaser's Song by Tad WilliamsWatership Down by Richard AdamsBambi by Felix SaltenThe Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling
Books Like "Warriors"
82nd out of 142 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

Erica Fairs
To be honest, had I seen this book on the shelves of a bookshop or library, I would probably not have picked it up. And that would have been a big mistake. However, I have a high regard for Mr Wombat, a Twitter pal and so I ventured into the realms of Warren Peace. Do read this book. Please. These are not little furry animals with human voices. They have their own voices and are totally endearing. Except for the furry 'baddies'. I 'saw' this story unfolding in my head, as in a film. Harrison For ...more
Janlynn
Such a wonderfully written story. Very funny, sad, and different type of book for me to read. I'm usually only reading romance novels....this has everything & kept my interest in finding out what would happen. Would recommend this book for everyone to read.
Mary Ellen
DISCLAIMER: I received a free copy of this book from a Good Reads Giveaway for review purposes. Now that the lawyers are happy, on to the review.

An endearing and funny book.

Whenever a story involves sentient animals, it's a struggle to keep them relatable without turning them into tiny humans in fur suits. Warren Peace manages this balance well. The rabbits are still rabbit-y, the foxes vulpine, and the cats feline, but you'll still find yourself rooting for your favorites. Individual character
Alliterative
An excellent read with very vivid and life-like characters, which is remarkable given that they are rabbits, cats, and foxes. Wombat has a gift for characterisation and dialogue. Recommended!
Michael Wombat
Sep 10, 2012 Michael Wombat rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Well I wrote the thing, so I think it's brilliant.
Alex Brightsmith
I started this book a little tentatively, and only partly because I wasn’t entirely sure about ‘a book about talking animals’. Mainly it was because, for reasons that will become apparent to anyone who reads it, I really, really wanted to like it, and I knew I was in a hypercritical mood.
I don’t know why I was worried, though. As someone who already knows Michael Wombat’s writing from his various blogs and from Twitter, I should have had more confidence that his warmth and charm, and his assured
Vivian
Jun 07, 2014 Vivian rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone
When I read, it is imperative I can put myself in the book. The most productive way to do this is through description. From the very first sentence to the very end...I was caught up in the vivid and detailed descriptions. The characters, the environment, everything about the book evokes my imagination and had me actively participating in the story.
I am anxious to share this book with family and friends. It is well written and even though it did have a few "unsavory" moments...once I picked it up
Alice
This is a brilliant, fun read. You can read it to your kids but read it for yourself too. My favourite parts are Malley's attempts to speak a foreign language. Oh and the rabbits way of counting which has already made it into my family vocabulary! I'd like to read more of these characters, I really think a series would be popular. Mr Wombat, thanks for sharing with us and keep posting the pics of the real life characters!
Vic Heaney
I don't know if this is intended to be a children's story but, at the age of 72, I found it rivetting.

Wonderful characterisation and anthropomorphism. Splendid writing. Most excellent.

But what I really want to know is this - is Michael Wombat the author's real name? I have a wife who is fascinated by wombats and I am not sure to tell her that they can write books. :-)
Theresa Bowles
I loved this book. I couldn't put it down once I started. It is a story of an average little joe that becomes a hero while he is just trying to help his friends. He overcomes his fears and with the help of newfound friends (and lifelong ones also) stands up to his enemy...and prevails!
L.R. David
What a delightful tail(!) a thrilling story, which clearly wears its influences from Kurosawa on it's virtual Kindle sleeve. A great balance of action and humour, sharply drawn characters and nicely pitched dialogue. And it suffused with northern charm and wit. Belting.
Aven
Amusing, fast-paced, and quite touching in places. I quite like the heroic cats, myself. A good adventure story with satisfyingly nasty villains and a cute hero--what more could you want? :)
Becky
A gripping adventure as a colony of rabbits seek unlikely allies to save them from a savage group of foxes. Both dramatic and funny in turn. Hard to put down
Kate
Brilliantly funny, touching and full of genuine warmth for the characters. One that I'll definitely be passing onto my older kids.
Spiffykates
It was an imaginative adventure! Very well done Sir Wombat, I greatly enjoyed your book!
David Clark
David Clark marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2015
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Aoife Louise
Aoife Louise marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Madison Allen
Madison Allen marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Helena B
Helena B marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
RachelvlehcaR
RachelvlehcaR marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Icy
Icy marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Kerrie
Kerrie added it
Feb 02, 2015
Shelbi
Shelbi marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Olivia
Olivia marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Megan Regenold
Megan Regenold marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Nahid Valli
Nahid Valli marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Jonte
Jonte marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Kacey
Kacey marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Blood Moon
  • The House In Norham Gardens
  • Lonely Road
  • The Fallen
  • News From Gardenia
  • Broken: A Paranormal Romance
  • Tip of the Tongue (Doctor Who 50th Anniversary E-Shorts, #5)
  • The Horses at the Gate
  • The Spear of Destiny (Doctor Who 50th Anniversary E-Shorts, #3)
  • Blood Lust (Blood Ties, #0.5)
  • The Roots of Evil (Doctor Who 50th Anniversary E-Shorts, #4)
  • Ride The Free Wind (Savage Destiny, #2)
  • Requiem
  • Spore (Doctor Who 50th Anniversary E-Shorts, #8)
  • King Philip's War: The History and Legacy of America's Forgotten Conflict
  • This Common Ground: Seasons on an Organic Farm
  • The Ripple Effect (Doctor Who 50th Anniversary E-Shorts, #7)
  • Yellow Submarine
A Yorkshireman living in the rural green hills of Lancashire, Michael Wombat is a man of huge beard. He has a penchant for good single-malts, inept football teams, big daft dogs and the diary of Mr. Samuel Pepys. Abducted by pirates at the age of twelve he quickly rose to captain the feared privateer ‘The Mrs. Nesbitt’ and terrorised the Skull Coast throughout his early twenties. Narrowly escaping ...more
More about Michael Wombat...
Moth Girl versus The Bats Fog Soul of the Universe Cutthroats & Curses: An Anthology of Pirates Red Christmas