Start by marking “Fragments (Out of Time #3)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Fragments

Monique Martin

Fragments (Out of Time #3)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  558 ratings  ·  36 reviews
Simon & Elizabeth are back in book #3 of the Out of Time Series!

Professor Simon Cross and his assistant, Elizabeth West, thought their time traveling days were over. That's before they stumble across a World War II photograph -- with missing time traveler, Evan Eldridge, injured and in desperate need of help.

They find Evan in 1942 London, ill and not quite sure what's
ebook
Published (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Fragments, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fragments

Autumn Storm
I am absolutely loving the adventures of Simon & Elizabeth and let's not forget their love affair. Several times I laughed out loud at the actions of our young Elizabeth and Simon's very manish reaction. History was always one of my favorite subjects but that only pertained to certain aspects...and....the World Wars was not one of them. The details and the compassion of said events are there without making the reader feel as though we are sitting in a classroom. In this book we were introduc ...more
Lydia
This one was a lot of fun. Some crazy supernatural type stuff that you never really know for sure is true or not. I liked the timeline around this one, and the addition of Jack. Jack is a great character that I am really happy they included in the series. It was interesting to read about London during WWII. I don't generally like historical fiction, and I am not even remotely close to being a history buff, so it could be completely wrong, and I would never notice. Entertainment factor is all I c ...more
Tia
I have thoroughly enjoyed this time travel series! This book would have received 5 stars, but lost one due to too many grammatical errors. Still, the story was so fun, I blew right past the typos (which is actually quite hard for me).

The 1st book, Out Of Time, was a good time travel adventure, but I'd forgotten that the book blurb mentioned a supernatural element, so that was a surprise. The supernatural storyline could have been fleshed out more, but it was still a fun book (especially for a f
Sandy
FRAGMENTS (Out of Time #3) by Monique Martin

FRAMENTS is the third instalment in Monique Martin’s Out of Time series featuring the time travel adventures of Sir Simon Cross and his lady love Elizabeth West. This time, Elizabeth has made a plea with Simon to travel back to war-torn 1942 England in search of a missing member from the Council for Temporal Studies. Knowing the man never returned from a 1906 mission, Elizabeth and Simon will find Evan Eldridge’s photograph in a picture dated from 1942
Robin
Jun 17, 2012 Robin rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Time travel/historical/romance lovers
The premise, of course, is that Simon and Elizabeth go back in time to 1942 England in an attempt to help a lost soul. It quickly turns into more and they're left not knowing whom or what to trust. Of the three books in the Out of Time series, this one eeks ahead as my favorite! It is funny, romantic, and filled with action. The plot is solid, and the addition of Jack is a bonus! Martin creates such rich characters, I'm jealous..

Martin is an excellent writer. Her sense of humor shines through i
CJ
In this third instalment we find Elizabeth and Simon travelling back to WW2 London. As ever Monique takes her reader wonderfully into the past and it was so easy to imagine Elizabeth and Simon walking through bombed London. That is one of the charming things about this series of books, whichever era Monique writes in she gets the details right and it is so easy to visualise everything. I think this one may be my favourite one yet (but then I do have a soft spot for London). Reading this installm ...more
Cindy Rawlings
Awesome! This was the best one so far! The characters are familiar and comfortable. The story is set during World War II and is as much a character as any of the people. The plot twists and turns keeping you guessing to the end. I like these books because they are part romance (but without being graphic), part murder mystery (my personal favorite genre) and part sci-fi (H.G. Wells style). This series is a perfect mix for me. I can't wait to start the next one!
Kristine McKinley
, Simon and Elizabeth go back in time to rescue a missing time traveler that they happen to know the wife of from the previous book. Elizabeth thinks this will be easy and they’ll be in and out, not sure if she’s never read anything about England during that time but obviously things do not go as planned. There are spies from everywhere and of course the previously mentioned Nazis and a missing artifact that will be essential in Hitler’s winning the war. All of that and I still liked the book. T ...more
Tracy Kincaid
Out of the 3 books so far this one hurt and brought me to tears in the end. I love getting a little history lesson along with the pleasures of reading and escaping reality. Although I don't think visiting England in the middle of a war would be my choice in real life. Wonderful story and I am looking forward to book 4.
D.S. Williams
I adore this series of time-travel romance by Monique Martin. The continuing romance between Simon and Elizabeth is sweet and never gets boring, and I love the dynamic between the two characters. I also enjoy the way the author is winding snippets of storyline which wind from one book effortlessly into the next. In this book, Elizabeth and Simon travel to World War II London, attempting to rescue the time-travelling husband of the woman they met in 1906 San Francisco after seeing him in a photo. ...more
Tami Clegg
Enthralling

I loved this book. It was very captivating and the characters are well thought out. I love the twist in the last few chapters. It has made me get the next book.
Samantha Spawn
Still a good read

So far my favorite book is book #2 I'm still in love with the characters and enjoy the comic relief. This adventure didn't grab me the way the others did but it is still a good book worth a read.
Elizabeth House
Much better than the second in this series... Maybe as good as the first! The two main characters are well-known now, and they work together brilliantly. Dialogue is quite good.
Lacey
I'm really enjoying the adventures of Simon and Elizabeth. Can't wait to read the next one!
Rachael
This is a great little series. I am generally more interested in more epic fantasy series, however I surprised myself by really enjoying this read. Characters are very personable, storyline is thoroughly enjoyable. The storyline is not overly complex and it is a little on the predictable side, however sometimes that is exactly what you need in a book and I have now purchased the entire series! This, number 3 was a great addition to the series.
J.M. Pierce
This is the type of series that you hope goes on forever. Ms. Martin's ability to transport the reader to another time and place is fantastic, and I find myself genuinely caring about her characters as well. One minute Elizabeth's wit had me laughing out loud and the next minute I'm on the edge of my seat, reading at 500 miles per hour. I truly hope that there will be more books to follow.
Gretchen Fatouros
Best of the series thus far! Maybe because author has gotten better, I know the characters and/or it's a great time period.

Still some things she quickly jumps around, which would've better if slowed down.

Overall great.

Though, didn't like how it ended, so read beginning of next book. Next book doesn't sound as gripping, so I'm done with this series.
Sara Jo Schmidt
This was the 3rd book out of four in this series. This was my favorite by far! Taking place in WWII London and also tied in the story from the previous book.

It has elements of surprise, mystery, murder, and espionage. It really was a good story, even though the love theme continues to be corny. But that's ok...It kept me thoroughly entertained!
Richard Tolleson
I'm a sucker for a good time travel tale. This one's pretty good, if a bit short. The author rushed the story a bit, as if she were as anxious to find out how it ended as the rest of us. It does have elements of romance, but is by no means a bodice - ripper. This would make a hood movie, and the author's FB page indicates she's working on it.
Misterg
Light reading, again, but thoroughly enjoyable. The time travellers are now in war time Britain, trying to (a) Get their romantic inclinations to coincide and (b) save the world.

Semi-predictable ending, with enough twists to keep the interest. The only problem is now I want to read the next ones!
Mindy
This series is a solid one for me. It is nothing earth-shattering, but I just really like them. This was another good entry. I enjoyed Simon and Elizabeth being in England. Well written time-travel romance.
Tiffany
Really good adventure into WWII. The love is still there, and the excitement. Nothing like a good ole' romance in war torn England. Nice cliffhanger ending. Ready for book 4.
Paulette Webb

I enjoyed this book. This is the 3rd in this series and with each new one,the author has improved her characters. I hope there will be many more in this series.
Jane Maclellan
For me. This was the best book of the series. The characters were more filled out and the story flowed better than the first two. I enjoyed it and I'm waiting for the next book.
Julian White
Continuing this on-going series (yes, I know that's tautological) with links to the previous episode (and no new answers... )
Annie
Loved the first two. I hope this is going to be more than a trilogy!

Another excellent read. Loved it!
Mj Giacomini
Loved it. Really enjoy her writing style and experiencing stories that take you back in time. Fun reads.
Karla Marie
Definitely good, love this series. I just want a little more love story :)
  • The Selkie Enchantress (Seal Island Trilogy #2)
  • Children of Time (After Cilmeri #4)
  • Her Dark Knight
  • A Love Through Time (MacKendimen, #1)
  • The Mammoth Book of Time Travel Romance
  • The Last Highlander
  • Circles in Time
  • Gideon (Devils on Horseback, #5)
  • Jewel of the East (The Devil DeVere #5)
  • My Timeswept Heart (Blackwells, #1)
  • Night Visitor
  • The Hands of Time (Hands of Time, #1)
  • Bushwhacked Bride (Wink & A Kiss #2)
  • A Knight in Central Park
  • Mystic Memories
  • A Love Beyond Time
  • Desert Bound (Cambio Springs Book #2)
  • Ring of Fire III
Don't miss a new release, sign-up for the newsletter! http://eepurl.com/fFBUw

Monique was born in Houston, Texas, but her family soon moved to Southern California. She grew up on both coasts, living in Connecticut and California. She currently resides in Southern California with her naughty Siamese cat, Monkey.

Monique attended the University of Southern California's Film School where she earned a B
More about Monique Martin...

Out of Time (8 books)
  • Out of Time  (Out of Time, #1)
  • When the Walls Fell  (Out of Time, #2)
  • The Devil's Due (Out of Time #4)
  • Thursday's Child (Out of Time #5)
  • Sands of Time (Out of Time #6)
  • A Rip in Time (Out of Time, #7)
  • A Time of Shadows (Out of Time, #8)
Out of Time  (Out of Time, #1) When the Walls Fell  (Out of Time, #2) The Devil's Due (Out of Time #4) Sands of Time (Out of Time #6) Thursday's Child (Out of Time #5)

“Our we is better than my me.” 0 likes