Start by marking “Intertwined Hearts (Intertwined Hearts, #1)” as Want to Read:
Intertwined Hearts (Intertwined Hearts, #1)

Intertwined Hearts (Intertwined Hearts #1)

3.99  ·  Rating Details ·  1,048 Ratings  ·  184 Reviews
~ Clean Contemporary romance novel ~

**Unless Amazon changes it's price, this is a free download**

SYNOPSIS:

A past that haunts can be laid to rest through the act of forgiveness, even if the person you forgive is yourself. It must be gifted freely.

Abby Sullivan cherishes the life she is creating for herself in her hometown of Santa Barbara, California. She adores her best fr
Published November 14th 2013 (first published August 14th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Intertwined Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Intertwined Hearts

Collide by Gail McHughThe Forgotten Ones by Laura  HowardWait for You by J. LynnBreathe into Me by Amanda  StoneRunning on Empty by L.B. Simmons
Lucky '13s
215 books — 1,404 voters
Accidental Leigh by Melanie  JamesNobody's Perfect by Kallypso MastersNobody's Hero by Kallypso MastersThe Darkest Frost, Vol. 1 by Tanya HolmesRussian Roulette by A.B. McKinley
Indie Authors to Watch
5,337 books — 5,440 voters

More lists with this book...

Sophie
Jun 20, 2015 Sophie rated it really liked it
4 "You’re my dream come true" stars

God this book was so adorable!!! Personally, I love reading about single fathers, while they're raising their baby girls on their own. This was Caleb's story. Caleb and his daughter, Madison stayed alone when his wife and his daughter's mother passed away.

Now four years after her death, Caleb never thought about other women, his heart completely stolen by his little angel. This changed when he met Abby, his daughter's teacher at kindergarten and his mother's-
Zakirrah BookBlogger
Jul 02, 2013 Zakirrah BookBlogger rated it really liked it
4 Beautiful, Love heals all, heart warming stars!

This is an amazing story of love, forgiveness, heartbreak and much more.
It is very well written and keeps the reader going until the very end.

People in you life don't stay forever..
Death is something that cant be predicted..
But even after loss you have to find a way to move forward..

[image error]
Abby Sullivan lives a simple life in her hometown of Santa Barbara, California as a teacher.She cherishes life and has a supportive family and best frie
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Aug 05, 2013 Jenny - TotallybookedBlog rated it really liked it
Blog: http://totallybookedblog.com/
FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Totall...

description

I was looking for a heart-warming and sweet romance read and It All Started With A Lima Bean sounded like the perfect book. The prologue was extremely moving, sad and beautiful and really drew me into the story of Caleb, Abby and of course beautiful little Madison.

As a reader, sometimes you just want to be swept away in the beauty of a story and the characters and this really was a sweet and delightful read.

As I
Erica Alyson
Jan 22, 2013 Erica Alyson rated it it was amazing
***ARC provided for an honest review****

It is books like this that make me love and enjoy reading. This book just warmed by heart. I couldn't put it down but when I did I was thinking about the story and couldn't wait to get back to it. It is truly hard to believe this is a debut novel because it is so well written and so detailed and thought out. Insanely amazing book.

This is a story about Caleb (whom I absolutely adore) trying to take care of his daughter alone since he lost his wife. He keeps
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
Aug 07, 2013 [~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥ rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
This is not going to be everyone's cup of tea. It was so sweet, so cute, so mushy and drama free.

Caleb is a single father to Madison, he meets her kindergarden teacher, Abby who has been hurt herself in the past.

Everyone needs love and compassion to thrive

The relationship between the two was a slow moving one and it felt very believable.

My main problem with the book was I felt my attention to the book wandered off a few times and maybe some detail could have been cut down.

Perfect if your look
Tbird London
Aug 14, 2013 Tbird London rated it it was amazing
Once in a while, you come across a book that by all standards would appear to be just an ordinary, fluffy romance. Well this isn’t one of them. No you won’t read about hot sex, as a matter of fact the main couple waited till they were married. Wow that is a lost concept these days but so refreshing to see the angst and stress that alone caused. You won’t find immature characters living for the drama and demanding that each other prove their love. No, Abby and Caleb knew from the first look that ...more
Jun 23, 2013 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Five Fantastic Stars!! If you are looking for an outstanding stand alone this is the book for you!! It was like a breath of fresh air to read something that breaks the mold. If you are looking for insta-love, angst, virgins and a ton of sex then this book is not for you. If you are looking for a true love story, a swoon worthy lead man and a independent woman then this is definitely the book you are looking for!! Caleb Hunter is left a widower and now has to raise his sweet daughter Madison on h ...more
Jenniferღ
Jan 10, 2013 Jenniferღ rated it really liked it
This was a sweet and completely realistic love story. The characters really grabbed me especially the grandmother, and best friend Leah. Caleb was a dream and Madison completely adorable. Wonderful story telling and truly a breath of fresh air. It was nice to read a family style love story for a change.
Aug 15, 2013 Stephanie rated it really liked it
Thank You Kimi, for giving me a sweet, make my stomach do flip flops, kind of story!! We all need these from time to time! If your looking for light on the heart, make you smile, this is the one for you!!
Jen O'grady
Aug 05, 2013 Jen O'grady rated it liked it
Just too sickly sweet for me, liked the concept Caleb a widowed father falls for Abby his daughters teacher, although there were obstacles no real and at in the story.
If you like light chick lit with no sex and no f bombs then this is for you.
It wasn't a bad book at all just not for me .
Jaime ~ Fiction Fangirls Book Review
If you are looking for a books full of angst and/or steam then look elsewhere. If your looking for a sweet, feel-good read then your right where you need to be.
Claire Lovell
Oct 04, 2013 Claire Lovell rated it really liked it

This book is so sickly sweet its unreal and I loved every single second!! For a book to start at such a low point and end on such a high is amazing. It really is a journey you fall into with the characters so deeply. Kimi is truly an amazing writer

The book starts on a really low note after our amazing male lead Caleb, (Such a sexy name isn’t it) traumatically loses his wife. He’s naturally heartbroken and the story watches his progression with learning to deal with this loss. His saving grace is
Chris- Bookaddict
Jul 25, 2013 Chris- Bookaddict rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this story....

I took a chance and added this to my TBR list a few months back. I took a greater chance today pulling it up on my kindle to read it. Man am I glad that I did. This book is beautiful. It is not often you get a book where one of your main characters is a widow and a dad. It is not often you find a book where you truly LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THE HEROINE!!!! This book has it all.

This story is about two people who with a little encouragement from those around them get a chance
Maria's Book Blog
Jul 25, 2013 Maria's Book Blog rated it liked it
Okay, so I didn't love it but I didn't hate it either. Initially, the title is what caught my attention, it sounds super cute & quirky, like it would make for a fun read. So I really did have high hopes when I started reading it. While it was definitely a sweet enjoyable story, I just didn't feel like there was any major conflict or ups and downs. It was basically just the telling of a story without a whole lot of action going on.

The main character, Abby Sullivan, was a little too weak for
Christina Armellini-teel
Jun 19, 2013 Christina Armellini-teel rated it it was amazing
Where do I start??? Well, I love to read, and have been waiting for this book for a while now. The author did not disappoint! The relationship between Abby and Caleb was not only beautifully inspiring, but pulls at those "heart strings." You want these two people together. And adding little precious Madison (Caleb's daughter) to the mix, makes your heart melt!

Caleb is this confident yet sexy single dad, who wants nothing more than to find happiness after his wife's death. Abby, being his daught
Carver's Book Cravings
Aug 05, 2013 Carver's Book Cravings rated it really liked it
4 Star

This is a good book. This book is a sweet love story. It will have you rooting for a happy ever after for all characters involved.

Abby has been through a lot if heartache in her life. She doesn't want to date, because men only cause her pain. So she focuses on teaching kindergarten. She loves kids and enjoys teaching them. So when she sees Caleb for the first time she is surprised to have such a reaction to him. Since his daughter is in her class will she give him a chance? Can she overco
Aug 31, 2013 Stephanie rated it really liked it
Such a heartwarming story and just what I needed! I adored the relationship between Abby & Caleb. These two heartbroken people found love again and that its ok to move on from tragedy. Abby was such a sweet, compassionate person who deserved to find her Prince Charming. I loved how she grew and got a backbone when she really needed to put some horrible people in their places. Caleb *swoon*, this man was in one word perfect! An amazing father, friend and boyfriend. I was so happy he found his ...more
Melanie Dawn
Feb 02, 2013 Melanie Dawn rated it it was amazing
It All Started With a Lima Bean...it's one of those titles you look at and think to yourself that the title alone makes you curious enough to crack the book. It doesn't take long to get sucked into this story. Abby is a down-to-earth school teacher. You can easily relate to her. You can't help but root for her. She's the girl-next-door kind of girl who, if she were real, I'd love to have as my best friend. Then, there's Caleb...the swoon-worthy picture of perfection. While he's struggling with t ...more
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Aug 13, 2013 Philomena Callan Cheekypee rated it really liked it
What a brilliant story this was. It was such a sweet story that it made me both cry and laugh.
The author takes us on an emotional journey with Abby and Caleb. I so hoped while reading this that they overcame their heartache and find peace and happiness. Of course you will need to read this to find out:)
I loved these two characters. Caleb's daughter Madison was brilliant and the other characters were the icing on the cake.
If your looking for a lovely sweet read then this is it. I'm looking forw
Mindy
Jun 17, 2013 Mindy rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful love story ! I would highly recommend this book to all of my friends ! If you are looking for a wonderful love story without all the smut then this is the book for you ! I love the characters in this story and I can not wait to read more about them. The story is about life, forgiveness , starting over, moving on and all the beautiful and painful events that help people get on with life. There is also humor within this book that will have you laughing out loud. Kimi Flores did a ...more
Jessica Louise
Jan 18, 2013 Jessica Louise rated it it was amazing
I can not say enough wonderful things about this truly amazing book.
Caleb made me swoon so many times that I was a puddle of goo by the end.
The interactions between Abby, Caleb and even his daughter Madison completely melted my heart.
From the word go this book will break you into a million pieces before slowly putting you back together.
An unforgettable reading experience.
Book 2 can not come soon enough!
Kimi Flores stories will forever be on my favourites list.
Beatriz
Aug 20, 2013 Beatriz rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
A light and heart warming story about finding love for the second time and all about family.

I just couldn't help it when it comes to stories about family like this one is. Madison made me smile a lot throughout the whole book and Caleb being a great dad to her really touched my heart. I felt Abby's happiness about finding the two.

I can't wait for Leah & Stefen's story! :)
Terry Trahan
Apr 28, 2013 Terry Trahan rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing! I have no idea why I waited so long to read this one! I laughed, I cried, I couldn't read fast enough! I even read portions of it to my husband! The love between Caleb and Abby is remarkable! And sweet Madison had my heart from the beginning! Thank you so much Kimi Flores for a fantastic romance!
Tasha Muterspaugh
Jun 03, 2014 Tasha Muterspaugh rated it really liked it
A very kind and lite read....

I chose this rating cause the book is indeed a lite read. If it were to ever be made into a film, it would be one for the family. It was very good read!
Lyndsie
Sep 01, 2013 Lyndsie rated it really liked it
This book is super sweet and touches important issues in life! I smiled, I teared up and wanted to smack a few people. I'm looking forward to the next one in the series!
Jennifer Davis
Jul 25, 2013 Jennifer Davis rated it it was amazing
It All Started With a Lima Bean is a beautiful story about a slow budding romance and the true meaning of love. I thoroughly enjoyed this exception book and can't wait for the next one!
Lisa A
Jan 03, 2014 Lisa A rated it really liked it
Beautiful, heart warming love story!!
Jessica
Aug 08, 2013 Jessica rated it it was amazing
This is one of my all time fave books. What a sweet, beautiful, amazing story.
I am very excited to read the next book!
Kay Manis
Nov 23, 2013 Kay Manis rated it it was amazing
Kimi's writing style is unique and magical. She brings these genuine characters to life and makes you fall in love with them from the start. Can't wait foe the next book!
Dianne
Mar 31, 2017 Dianne rated it it was amazing
Fabulous book...can't wait to read book two.
  • Angel of Mine
  • Living Again (Living Again, #1)
  • Tied up in Heartstrings (Heartstrings, #1)
  • Love Resisted (Real Love, #2)
  • Stranger At The Beach House
  • So Much It Hurts (So Much It Hurts, #1)
  • And Then You
  • An Unplanned Life (Unplanned, #2)
  • Leap of Faith (La Flor Series, #1)
  • Before the Storm (Storms of Life, #2)
  • NOT A BOOK: Hasty Resolution
  • Bring Me Fire
  • Happily Ever Addendum (Modern Arrangements, #3)
  • Inky (The Leaves, #1)
  • Recovery (Mending Hearts, #1.5)
  • Untangle My Heart (Tangled Hearts, #1)
  • Perfect Match
  • Seasons of Sorrow
Kimi Flores writes heartfelt romance novels, including her Intertwined Hearts love story collection, Intertwined Hearts, An Exceptional Twist, Tangled Paths & Grafted Vines as well as Unexpected Promises, A Hope Falls novella.

She also writes gritty romantic suspense stories under the pen name K.A. Hunter. Her first novel in this genre, Relinquished is currently available as well as a spin-off
More about Kimi Flores...

Intertwined Hearts (4 books)
  • An Exceptional Twist (Intertwined Hearts, #2)
  • Tangled Paths (Intertwined Hearts, #3)
  • Grafted Vines (Intertwined Hearts #4)

“Daddy, you said ass.” 1 likes
“Miss Abby. Your tutu bounces like mine does for dance, and I could see your tushy.” Madison turned to her friend, “My daddy loves to see tushies under tutus.” 0 likes