Start by marking “Shared Revelations” as Want to Read:
Preview

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  104 ratings  ·  24 reviews
It’s the sixties, but that doesn’t mean it’s easy to be different. Eddie Baronski spent his high school years looking out for his partially deaf friend, Jack Emmons. Now that they’ve graduated, they spend their free time at Green Bay’s newly renamed Lambeau Field, taking in the practices.

When Eddie’s crush, Johnny Grant, a new Packers team member, offers him a ride home, E
Published September 19th 2012 by Dreamspinner Press (first published September 18th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Shared Revelations, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shared Revelations

Cole Riann
Review posted at The Armchair Reader.

It is 1966 and Eddie is secretly gay. Not too far out of high school, he has a job at a paper mill in Green Bay, Wisconsin and spends his time with his four friends from school watching the Packers' pre-season practices at Lambeau Field. They all love football and are die-hard fans of the team but don't have the money to afford tickets during the season, and are lucky if they ever find the money to make it to one game a year. So they use their connection to t
Arthur
A beautiful story that warms your heart.

The story starts from when four best friends were just recent graduates from high school. Four of them, Eddie, Jack, and brothers Skip and Donny, were allowed to watch the Green Bay Packers practices. Eddie never told anyone that he had more interest than just watching their favorite team practice. He had huge crush on one of the players, Johnny Grant.

One day Eddie's bike's tire was flat, and Johnny Grant gave him a ride. When Eddie revealed how close he
Camille
4.5

So sweet, so well-written, so emotionally evocative, such a great story...half a point off for the epilogue having just a couple saccharine moments. But truly, this is a well-crafted, expertly-paced story that lives up to its title well and one that choked me up at times. I was moved. Wonderful!
Serena Yates
This story is a heart-warming romance, very moving, almost quiet in the way it sneaked up on me and captured my attention. The setting is simple and the characters are "just normal guys", the kind of people Andrew excels at writing about. What is unusual for this author is that this book is set in 1966, but the focus is very much on the characters' "shared revelations" much more than the nevertheless very accurate picture of what life in Green Bay, Wisconsin was like back then. As for the epilog ...more
Edina Rose
Sweet short story with depth featuring deaf hero. It takes place in the seventies and after the two heroes get together, there is an epilogue that jumps 45 years later and we see the two heroes in their seventies.
Heather C
Sweet, beautiful historical about two friends falling in love. I was a blubbering mess by the end.
Aine Massie
4.5 Drops Review:

Shared Revelations is a short story by Andrew Grey and as you know, I’m not that big a fan of novella’s much less really short stories . . . HOWEVER, Shared Revelations was a wonderfully written story about Eddie, a young man coming to terms with his homosexuality in the 60’s and the slightly round-about way he found love.

I have to say that I saw who Eddie was to end up with early on but Eddie would not have been the man he became without his journey. And the end . . . tissues,
Trisha Harrington
This was a really sweet short story from Andrew Grey. I loved this story. Jack and Eddie were a sweet couple. I was not shocked by the two of them. It would have been 4 stars because of the length, but the epilogue was too sweet for me to pass up the 5th star.

Highly recommend this story.
Veronica /  V
This story is another great example of how a skillful romance writer Andrew is.
Very sweet, lovely story, the Epilogue was just beautiful.
Major English (Laura)
3.5 - 4 stars

I liked this story, but didn't like the football player Johnny and Eddie storyline so much. I understand why it was needed in the story, but it took up the first half of the story and I wish it was shorter so that the story could focus more on Eddie and Jack.

The love between the two friends Eddie and Jack (age 20) was very beautiful, but I wish it was built up more. The "shared revelation" between these two young men came about so quickly, with Jack knowing that he had feelings for
Fairy / Anna
3 stars, but I'm not sure. I might change it when I decide to ;)
Yes, it was sweet. Yes, it was heartwarming. Yes, it was likeable. But... It was too short, way too short. Not to mention that everything was happening so fast, that it was unbelievable.
And Eddie? Some people might say that he was immature and couldn't decide what he wants. Or maybe he was just changing his mind too fast?
It could be good, very good. Unfortunately, the result was average.
Extra points for (view spoiler)
LaShonta
This story was simply adorable. There really isn't much I can say except it was just awesome. The epilogue was so sweet. I really enjoyed it. I wish it was longer so we could see more of Jack and Eddie.
Meggie
I would rate this higher but it's to short and to undeveloped. But to be truthful, this is a sweet warm shorty. Emotions between Jack and Eddie were warm, sweet and light. I loved it!
Sally halliday
A really lovely sweet story
Becky Condit
Oh. My. God. BEST ending ever! But you have to read the novella to get to it. I loved this story and consider it one of Andrew Grey’s best, which is saying a lot!
The story is about a brief period of time in these young men’s lives but then comes the most wonderful epilog ever written, in my humble opinion. That one final chapter fast forwards through a lot of the history of gay men and these two men in particular. As Mr. Grey points out, it wasn’t all easy and it wasn’t all good times but good p
Andrea
I can count on Andrew Grey to quickly immerse me into someone else’s life and have me feeling everything they are going through, even when it’s the life of someone completely different from me. That’s one of the things I love most about his books. In Shared Revelations I was thrown into the life of Eddie, an 18 year old man living in Green Bay, Wisconsin in 1966. Eddie is obsessed with football and working at a good, if mind numbing, job at a toilet paper factory. Even though we have absolutely ...more
Lisa Lambson
Andrew Grey
Dreamspinner Press
2012

Eddie Baronski is settled in his life. Although he is not passionate about his job, he expects to spend the rest of his life in the same town, working at the same paper factory just like his father does. While Eddie and his three best friends can rarely afford to go to an actual Packer game, they are allowed in to watch the daily practices when the team was home in Wisconsin getting ready for the season. Just by bad luck one day, Eddie is in nee
Bookbee
3.5 Stars

I liked it, I did, but... I did have a couple of issues that dropped a half star.

Firstly, I would have like a better sense of that time period. I was looking forward to comparing what I know of that time with details in the book. Unfortunately, these details were few and far between.

Secondly, (view spoiler)
Heather♥
Having been born and raised in Wisconsin this book brought back great memories for me with the mention of Lambeau Field and of course the Packers. My dad took me to quite a few games there and we very much enjoyed the amusement park at Bay Beach as well. Good times :) This was such a beautiful story. I already had a soft spot for Jack because of his deafness, and the way that Eddie was his best friend and biggest protector just made me love the story even more. They couldn't have been more perfe ...more
Erin
I got to the page that said Epilogue and I was sort of surprised that I hadn't cried yet. Andrew Grey always makes me cry (almost always happy tears). My tearless state lasted until I started reading the epilogue and then the damn things wouldn't stop running down my face and dripping on my reader. :)

A very lovely, short but sweet story about a friendship and a love that lasts a lifetime. :)
Dani Elle Maas
inpressive and so sorry to see it end wanted to read more!
Melissa
cute and sweet but wish it was longer!
Page Crusherz
Cute, short read. Very likable story.
Jodi
Jodi marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2015
Maycon
Maycon marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Zoe
Zoe added it
Feb 17, 2015
Dreamspinner Press: Shared Revelations by Andrew Grey 1 7 Sep 19, 2012 06:26AM
  • Between Friends
  • Things I'll Never Say
  • Inseparable (Inseparable, #1)
  • The Good Life (Arbor Heights #3)
  • Under the Stars
  • Skybound
  • Outfield Menace (Gay Youth Chronicles #1)
  • The Door Behind Us
  • Sharp Love (Gambling on Love, #2)
  • Chasing Alex
  • The Road To Byron
  • Heart's Home
  • The Actor and the Earl (The Crofton Chronicles #1)
  • Shawn's Voice
  • Lead Us Not (Love is Always Write)
  • Love Is In The Title (Love #1)
  • Overdrive
  • Lord of Endersley (The Endersley Papers, #1)

m/m romance author
More about Andrew Grey...
Love Means... No Shame (Farm, #1) Love Comes Silently (Senses, #1) A Shared Range (Range, #1) Love Means... Courage (Farm, #0.5) Love Means... No Boundaries (Farm, #2)