Face the Music
read excerpt* *Different edition

Face the Music

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  678 ratings  ·  47 reviews
After losing her mother in a tragic accident, Allison Banks takes on the sole responsibility of caring for her little sister, her young niece, and her disabled grandmother. When her long-term boyfriend walks out, offering little in the way of explanation, Allison is left totally confused and utterly heartbroken. To cope, the 24-year-old closes herself off to any serious re...more
Published June 14th 2012 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Face the Music, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Face the Music

Thoughtless by S.C. StephensEffortless by S.C. StephensLove Unscripted by Tina ReberBreathe by Abbi GlinesBackstage Pass by Olivia Cunning
Famous Characters
63rd out of 340 books — 715 voters
Thoughtless by S.C. StephensEffortless by S.C. StephensThe Mighty Storm by Samantha TowleBackstage Pass by Olivia CunningRock Hard by Olivia Cunning
Epic Rockstar Stories
172nd out of 368 books — 1,713 voters

More lists with this book...

Jenn
Nov 14, 2012 Jenn rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Buddy read: Lindsay
Recommended to Jenn by: Lindsay
Face The Music had an American Idol feel to it. The judges were a mix from American Idol & Dancing With The Stars. The main guy, Chris Knots, reminded me a bit of Chris Daughtry. So, when you are reading this story just picture him in your head. ;o)

About the book
Allie starts off the book as a 24-yr-old student/part time high school teacher for the show: Superstardom. She lives with her sister Emily and niece Molly. (Molly is such a cutie in this story). At her job she meets Jake and Chris....more
Victoria Smith
I really enjoyed this book and what was crazy is that it was free??? I picked it on Smashwords during the Author's free promotion. I read it in less than 24 hours it was that thought provoking. The work speaks for itself. It's a refreshing love story of self-discovery. Grad student Allie has a lot to deal with. She is one of three family members that she has left. She's lost her mother to tragedy and her grandmother to old age. All that's left is her baby sister and her daughter.

She's struggling...more
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Face The Music is a great read. I have to say that lately I have been reading more and more rock stories and every time I read one I am just blown away by the story and the groupies and all the crazy stuff that comes with being a part of that scene. Being a rock star and part of their lives is like living in another world. There are so many things that dictate everyday things and the places you can go and the people you should let get close to you that it amazes me how some of these rock stars d...more
Marcia
Allison Banks a 24-year-old grad student has a teaching job with Superstardom, a show that will name one winner gifting them with a large cash prize and recording contract (Think American Idol). Allison tutors the little kids staring in the show while crushing on the shows leading star 27-year-old Chris Knots. Allison and Chris’s romance is shaky in the beginning both connecting as friends even though Chris wants more. Allison’s male friend Jake, her closest friend on the Superstardom set uninte...more
Mary
May just gush over this book? What a fantastic read? I was worried a little bit when I read the blurb because my first though was "Great an American Idol book" *eye roll*. See, I don't watch American Idol, in fact, I don't want an reality TV and I was worried this was going to be like that.

Well, Andrea Robbins has the right to kick me in the shin because this book was nothing like that! Allie is an amazing character. Her mother dies from a car accident, her boyfriend pretty much leaves without...more
Litonya

If you like a little angst with your romance with a side of oblivious them you will love this story. I enjoyed Reading Allison's story, her family or what's left is wonderful. Her BFF Lauren was not in this book enough. And all the men that were interested, Lordy!! But only one mattered the entire time so no worries if your the type that hates love triangles, there were none. I definitely recommend this to any one that loves a good love story.
Jessica Johnson
What did I think?
I love books about musicians. Seriously. If you followed my blog back when I was on wordpress, you would know that already. I adore musicians.....that's why I married one ha! ;-)
When I saw the synopsis of this story, I thought it would be a really cute story. And I was right. I enjoyed the story and the characters.
Allison was really sweet and I was glad to see her find her way. I loved the fact that she was so shy and flustered at first and I found her highly endearing.
I thoug...more
Lex (Fastidious Reader)
It was, again, recommended to me. I'm trying to finish books that are recommended to me first. And since this book is a stand-alone, I decided to give it a try.

So... plot... the plot was for me, predictable. I know what would happen in the end. I have read a lot of books with this kind of plot. You don't know how the Filipino love this kind of genre. I've read a lot of contemporary books in my language. And this plot was so overused in here. So I already know what will happen in the end of this...more
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews
3.5 Stars!

I am always a big fan of superstar contemporary romance novels so I was excited to read this one and I did like it. I had some frustrations which I will talk about but I did like the concept and characters.

With Allie I liked her she had some definite strengths but she also had many weaknesses which was the cause of my frustrations. Due to her being so naive it caused so many miscommunications with Chris & Jake & Charles, etc..... She lived a hard life which made her grow up to...more
Stephanie
I really enjoyed this book even though it is not my style of reading. This book kept me very interested and I had to remind myself that I was reading! I enjoyed the "new" concepts of the book: American Idol, cell phones, computers and more, which surprised me because I am a historical fiction buff. The author's descriptions and details of the characters were perfect to me. I could picture them and relate them to people I know. I know the young, romance novel readers will love this book!
Jenny
Really nice read.
The story of the girl who lost almost all people who she ever cared about. She lives with her sister and niece. Studying, working her butt off and trying to heal the wound that was left by her jerk ex. She's been told that she suck the life out of him. So when she meet gorgeous and no doubt talented Chis Knots she is too afraid to let go and be happy. What she didn't realize is that while she was worried to be a burden, she almost destroyed an inspiration.
Susan
Andrea pens "Face the Music" in a unique plot based the reality singing shows. Filled with suspense, romance, and some sexual scenes but not what I call steamy, this book will captivate you from the start. The characters are believable and relate-able which always makes it a better read, at least for me. A must read for all romance fans.

This review is based on a complimentary copy from the author which was provided for an honest review.
L
I stumbled upon this by accident and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised.
So many books have reality show themes gearing more towards shows like the Bachelor that it was really fun to see behind the scene of music based reality shows like American Idol.
Really enjoyed this, will be looking for more books by this author.
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~

I really really enjoyed this one (even if
I wanted to smack Allie at one point fold being such a martyr). I loved the characters - loved that it wasn't insta love and they actually got to know one another. I loved Emily and Lauren - now I just want another book so I can see Jake get his HEA!
Adriana

I really enjoyed this book even though a few times I wanted to shake Allison and yell WTF are you doing ?? But I loved it :)
Breanna
Stayed up all night to read it! Fantastically written with only a few mistakes (mixing up he/she) but very enjoyable1
Camilla Alice Black
Omg Omg Omg Omg!!!!!Very good book just loved it talk about rockstar love!!!!

Andrea you rock!!!!!!
Sarah Fitz
Really liked this book and thought the characters were well developed too.
Clau Lopez
Best book ever
Priya
awesum book....
Autumn Review
I love books about musicians and this one looked a bit different than the Rocker books I usually read. While I'm not a fan of American Idol, I thought I'd give this one a go anyway. The result: Face the Music was a sweet story.

Allison has had some tough times. She's been on her own for a while taking care of her younger sister and niece. Allison is also trying to finish her PHD program. In order to stay afloat, she signs on to work as a tutor for the show Superstardom. There she meets rising st...more
Page Girl
As far as contemporary romance novels go, Face the Music has excellent writing, a nice cast of characters with true-to-life personalitlies and a romantic heart-throb anyone would be pining for. I enjoyed the sooo 2000's plot setting of a reality music show and the behind the scenes happenings that drove the story forward.

I would have to say that this novel could fall into either the YA or adult catagory with it's young college age leading lady and PG 13 romance details.

My one issue would be th...more
Fiona
Liked it
Jessica (Just a Booklover)
I've been really into new adult contemporary as of late. I don't know why, but I've been reading as many of those as I can get my hands on. So when this book landed in my inbox, the first thing I did was--OBVIOUSLY--read it, all the way through. I kid you not, I read this book in one day. Why? Because of a few reasons, actually:

- I love the celebrity romance thing, and though it wasn't as high profile as I've seen in other books, it was still completely fun.

- There was an attractive, rockstar bo...more
Kim
This book was very sweet. Its not the typical rocker book, its more popish in the rock sense. Americal Idol and reality show type stuff. Chris Daughtry in essence. I didn't really thing of Chris Daughtery in looks, but music and stuff yeah.

I think the only thing I had against this book, was the fact that I'm a little aggravated at the sheer number of predictible books. you have the sweet niave main character who is mouse bookworm type who doesn't believe in her own worth, and is full of angst ab...more
Jess
Shoulda just stuck to Temeraire.

Eh. Something didn't sit right with me, but it was still cute.
Saskia 'follow my shoes' Smith
Quite a nice little book ingot a cheap kindle copy. Different story line to the usual rock star stuff and I it's better than I expected. The formula was a return to clever narrative that created sexual tension and pulled on the heart strings. I love it when a romance makes me feel all tingly with anticipation, while you cheer for the couple to get it together. Although I could have strangled Allison a couple of times, but her insecurities, were believable. Worth the read!
Pia
4.5 Stars
Jess
"3.5 out of 5 stars, this is a thought provoking take on the reality singing show world that kept my attention wrapped while having me rooting for Allie and Chris the whole way!!"

Read my review and three teasers on my blog here: http://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com/2012/07/made-grade-face-music-by-andrea-k.html
WIN a copy of Face the Music 1 7 Nov 24, 2012 09:15AM
  • For Everything
  • Sound Bites: A Rock & Roll Love Story
  • MADversary
  • Rock Star's Girl (A Hollywood Dating Story, #1)
  • Love Revolution (Brutal Strength #2; Black Cat Records, #2)
  • Falling Star (Earth Scents, #1)
  • For All the Right Reasons
  • Front Man (Front Man, #1)
  • My Once and Future Love (My Once and Future Love, #2)
  • Fury (The Sound Wave Series, #1)
  • Time Out (Foolish Games, #2)
  • Blindsided
  • Never Say Never (Never Knights, #1)
  • Falling Stars (Falling Stars, #1)
  • I Loved You First
  • Ravensong
  • Table for Two
  • Love Today
Born and raised in eastern Missouri, Andrea K. Robbins is a graduate of the University of Missouri-Columbia and Idaho State University and hold degrees in Human Nutrition, Biological Sciences, and Secondary Education. She currently resides in southern Idaho with her husband and two young daughters and enjoys teaching Jr. and High School science and health classes at a local school district. Robbin...more
More about Andrea K. Robbins...

“In three long strides, Chris was leaning into me, pressing my back up against the building His palms flattened against mine, our fingers interlocking above my head. "Let me uncomplicate things for you." He closed his eyes, leaned his head forward, and pressed his lips against mine.” 3 likes