Start by marking “The Midnight Club and New London” as Want to Read:
The Midnight Club and New London

The Midnight Club and New London

4.78 of 5 stars 4.78  ·  rating details  ·  9 ratings  ·  2 reviews
You couldn't tell by the sight of him, but that hunched over figure, the one leaning heavily on his wooden cane like a withered old man, is Macy Crookstop: high school freshman. Born in New Orleans, Louisiana, Macy's condition isn't the only thing that outcasts him from his peers. When literary magazines aren't rejecting his writing, and he's not building sets at a run dow ...more
Published September 6th 2012 by CreateSpace Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Midnight Club and New London, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Midnight Club and New London

I absolutely devoured all 633 pages of this book! It doesn't seem like a long read and ends up just being the introduction to an epic story. I feel like I made friends with the characters, cheering for and grieving along with them during their adventures. You'll get sucked into a new reality that just might leave you questioning where your mind goes when you're asleep. Before I knew it I'd reached the last chapter and I'm left wanting more. Can't wait for the next Cartier creation!
This book is an excellent read for people of all ages. Cartier guides you on an adventure unlike any other with a motley crew of underdogs in a ghastly, hidden world superimposed upon our own. The plot moves at an engaging pace, the characters are multidimensional and quite likable, the setting is creative and well-crafted, and the conflict makes a happy-ending unclear, keeping you on the edge of your seat. It's a great read-- everybody should pick this one up!
Christopher Wright
Christopher Wright is currently reading it
May 20, 2014
Tantra Bensko
Tantra Bensko marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2013
Carmen added it
Oct 18, 2013
Nikki Stevens
Nikki Stevens marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2013
Kara marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2013
Tara marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2013
where will your sleep take you 1 2 Mar 06, 2013 04:15PM
Originally from the Southwest, J.B. Kish moved to Portland, Oregon, in 2012. He spends his weekends in a walk-in closet turned office working on his third novel, Little Fires. His first novel, The Midnight Club and New London, was written under the name John Cartier.
More about J.B. Kish...