Start by marking “Phenom: The Making of Bryce Harper” as Want to Read:
Phenom: The Making of Bryce Harper

Phenom: The Making of Bryce Harper

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  8 reviews
"The remarkable story of Bryce Harper’s unforgettable ride from Morse Stadium to the top of the baseball draft" (Jayson Stark, ESPN.com) updated from the hardcover edition (The Last Natural) to include his Rookie of the Year season!

Before he famously became a Major League All-Star as a teenager, Harper already had dominated high school competition like Mickey Mantle on the
Published March 12th 2013 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Phenom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Phenom

Chris
Clown book, bro! That's right I said it. This book was kind of all over the place. Apparently, there is not as much to right about Bryce Harper at this point as some would think or hope for. 355 pages of a player throwing fits, then denying that he's not that kind of ball player, then going back to throwing fits. No question about ability. Temperament is a different thing all together.

There's a reason this book was repackaged from being called the Last Natural to Phenom. It's not a good book. M
Nick Locke-henderson
Phenom, Robb Miech is a story that follows Bryce Harper's freshman season at the College of Southern Nevada. This book would appeal to anyone who enjoys baseball or just enjoys college sports in general.

Bryce Harper leaves high school after his sophomore year to attend a junior college with the hope that it will hasten his route to the MLB by one year. MLB rules state that a player is eligible for the draft one year after they leave high school, and this will make Bryce eligible to be drafted o
Matt
This book was fantastic! Phenom talks about the journey of Bryce Harper, and how focused he was on his dream to play in the MLB. The book was amazing on telling the reader the work and dedication he put in. There are many life lessons in this book. I loved this book! I would give this book 5/5 stars. I would recommend this book to anyone that loves sports, and wants to know what it takes to make the pros.
Pat
Overall good read although confusing at times as drifts in and out of characters it's hard to keep everyone straight. Good insight of high schooler playing juco ball would be interesting to read a follow up on how much harper has learned and matured since time frame book was written.
Gene
Not just a good book about Bryce Harper, but a good book about baseball and people in general. I was sad when it ended. I wish Miech could add an addendum for each additional season.
Paul Zappala
I really enjoyed this book in many ways. This book really put into detail how hard it is to make it into the MLB and how hard it is to work.
Josh
No. I don't like Harper. Yes I do like this book
1dotson_matt
I thought it was a good book overall. Bryce harper was mainly telling the story about his life and how he wanted to be a professional baseball player, he told the reader what he had to do to get too his position on life and how much work he had to do. The best line he said in the book i thought was "To do what you want you have to put forth the effort and work hard."
Christopher Hoag
Christopher Hoag is currently reading it
May 09, 2014
Jim Schneider
Jim Schneider marked it as to-read
May 06, 2014
Shem Henrichsen
Shem Henrichsen marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2014
Molly
Molly added it
Jan 20, 2014
Heather G
Heather G marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2013
Isaiah
Isaiah marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2013
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2013
Ggg
Ggg marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2013
Ali Brems
Ali Brems marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2013
The Last Natural: Bryce Harper's Big Gamble in Sin City and the Greatest Amateur Season Ever ELEVENTH HEAVEN: Ed O'Bannon and the 1995 National Basketball Champion UCLA Bruins Eleventh Heaven: Ed O'Bannon and the 1995 National Basketball Champion UCLA Bruins