Down to You (The Bad Boys, #1)

Down to You (The Bad Boys #1)

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  51,703 ratings  ·  2,864 reviews
The scorching tale of one girl, two brothers and a love triangle…that’s not. Olivia Townsend is nothing special. She’s just a girl working her way through college so she can return home to help her father run his business. She’s determined not to be the second woman in his life to abandon him, even if it means putting her own life on hold. To Olivia, it’s clear what she mu...more
Published September 21st 2012 by Smashwords (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Down to You, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Aestas Book Blog

This seems to be the “it” book of the moment and now I know why! Its a wonderful, addictive read that will have your heart fluttering, have you fanning yourself, with just the right amount of angst and a really cool twist... oh, and twins, REALLY HOT, panty-melting twins :) (see casting pics above and below)

“Did you think of my lips when he kissed you?… Do you still want me? Because if you do, I’m all yours.”

Hmmm, I’m getting ahead of myself here…. k, about the panty-melting twins. Olivia i...more
Stacia (the 2010 club)
So this book had a few teeny, tiny, flaws. The main character started out as a klutzy (yes, she did trip and fall right off the bat...shocking!), insecure person and said things like, "I'm Olivia, Marissa's slightly dull cousin." I was able to forgive that because she also said this, "I want to paper cut her. On every square inch of her body. And then roll her in salt water." Why, I do believe that Ruthless Bella just kicked Mousy Bella to the curb.

So I figured out the "twist" before the story w...more
Tough Critic Book Reviews
3.5 Stars

Nutty bars, zebra cakes, twinkies, fudge pops, twix, reece's peanut butter cups, ding dongs, shots, orgasms, balls, pecs, back dimples, and fingers!! Face it, some of the best things in life come in two's. Even the genius minds over at Wrigley knew...double the flavor, double the fun. Imagine having two...of EVERYTHING! Yes please!

Grab your "oh shit" handle because this book starts off strong! The big "oopsie" moment had me doubled over. Slap my ass in a plaid skirt because I giggled l...more
cEe beE
Taryn at My Secret Romance

This review was posted on My Secret Romance

It's not what you want, but what you need. Would you be able to choose?

Holy.Smokes!

I found a new author and I am in love!

Olivia Townsend is just like any other girl trying to make something of her life. She goes to college, works on the weekends and helps take care of her father. She's just plain old Olivia- to herself that is. Definitely not to twin brothers Nash and Cash Davenport. Definitely not the them.

After briefly meeting Olivia on separate occas...more
P.A. Lupton

I’m not usually a graphic person, but I think this situation warrants it in order to illustrate my feelings.

This is my heart Photobucket

This was my heart reading Down to You Photobucket

This book had my heart literally racing. I absolutely, unquestionably, wholeheartedly loved it!

First, I need to point out a few things. 1. I LOATHE love triangles. 2. I do not like books written in the present tense 3. I hate cheating boyfriends and 4. I hate cliffhangers.
Down to you has almost all of the above (one point is debatabl...more
Lisa

GRs Rating: 3.5 Stars

I want to start by saying that I enjoyed Down to You. I really did. It just was not as spectacular as I thought it would be given the 5 star reviews out there.

description

“I promise you won’t regret it. I promise to make you feel things and enjoy things you never even thought of before. I’ll make every night the best night of your life until you say it’s over.”

Cash Davenport is the quintessential bad boy. He hot, he has tattoos, he owns a club and he is everything Olivia needs to stay...more
Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!*
Spoiler Free Review- Quick Review
4 STARS out of 5
Genre: Adult Romance

Torn between two brothers. Twins. This book will have you wanton and sitting on the edge of your seat up until the very last page.

Olivia Townsend is a struggling college student just trying to get by. She lives with her rich well to do cousin Marissa. Who by the way cannot stand Olivia she more so tolerates her. None of that matters to Olivia she knows what she has to do and nothing will stop her. She has a plan, helping her d...more
 ✿Alyssa✿
This review was posted at My Secret Romance

To sum it up: Olivia Townsend is nothing special. She’s just a girl working her way through college so she can return home to help her father run his business. She’s determined not to be the second woman in his life to abandon him, even if it means putting her own life on hold. To Olivia, it’s clear what she must do. Plain and simple. Black and white.

But clear becomes complicated when she meets Cash and Nash Davenport. They’re brothers. Twins. ...Cash i...more
Kristin (KC)
3.5 Stars...

Down to You was a light, fun, sexy book and just what I needed after coming out of an incredibly dark read!

Olivia is a bartender/student who lands a job tending bar for the very sexy Cash Davenport. She is drawn to him and all of his 'bad-boy' qualities way more than she knows she should be. To make matters even hotter, Cash has a twin brother Nash, to whom Olivia finds herself equally attracted. Nash is the epitome of goodness; the type of guy Olivia should be with. Problem there i...more
Holly
On my second attempt at reading this book, I am happy to report that I managed to finish it this time. However, it wasn't exactly a thrilling reading experience for me.

A few thougts.

1. I will admit that Cash and Nash had moments of hotness. However, they all too often came off as rather stilted and one dimensional.
2. Although some of her snarky comments were amusing, i really did NOT like Olivia. Like, at all. For for too many reasons to get into in this short review. Suffice it to say that it w...more
♥Rachel♥

I love it when I have nothing but fun reading a book and that’s exactly what happened reading Down to You. This book is SEXY and smart, loaded with sexual tension, fun witty banter, and nice HOT spice! There’s enough drama and mystery to keep you turning the pages quickly to see what happens next. I dare you not to have fun reading this!

Cash and Nash are twins, they look exactly alike and are completely hot. There are two! Gosh, when you wear one out, hmm.....

Wait---sorry....got a little distrac...more
Autumn Review
It's rare if I am rendered speechless by a book. I kid you not, for the last quarter of this book, my mouth was hanging open. I mean, I had several different theories of how this story was going to play out. Some were close, some not at all. All I can say is that this book left me stunned, overheated, and wanting MORE!

I'm going to go light on the character analysis, because that is such a huge part of the story. I could truly go on and on and on and on about how much I love Cash, but I'd rather...more
Kristen (Peddler of Smut)
Review finally posted

2 stars

I'll be honest...I have mixed emotions about this book. I can't quite decide if I liked it or not. The heroine, Olivia, was my main issue. I didn't enjoy the way she played both brothers. Her so-to-speak bed-hopping and her disregard for Nash's relationship with her cousin—even though said cousin was a bitchy ice queen—made her character seem more slutty than endearing. I truly don't believe her character was meant to be viewed that way! Those two aspect, plus the edi...more
Becs - Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews

Sassy, sexy and funny and utterly compelling and engaging – this was a smart, engrossing read.

I have to confess that, before I read this book, I’d spotted a few reviews citing an outlandish twist and I did correctly guess what it was so, as I was reading it, I was consumed with the why’s and wherefores’ and watching out for little clues that you may not have noticed if you weren’t in the know. I do agree that this is possibly the most outrageous plot twist since Bobby got out that shower in Dall...more
Duchess Nicole
This book is PURE FANTASY!! Twin hotties not only vying for your attention, but also doing it in such a seductive and sexual way that practically every setting of your life leads to foreplay? SIGN ME UP!

The opening scene in Down to You is great...it set the whole tone for the rest of the book. Cash and Nash (but especially Cash...WHO likes bad boys? Me, me!) both somehow pop up in Olivia's life within a day of each other.

Cash is a bar owner bad boy who's sexy, slow smile and flirty ways draw Ol...more
Susanne
What a pleasant surprise! *Grinning like a fool* It made me all tingly and gooey. This book is like the most amazing candy you can imagine, you know it's not good for you but you can't resist. Lol!

description

I got a sudden craving for a love-triangle book and picked this up on a whim. New Adult is a tricky genre for me and they are usually hit or miss. I was hooked immediately and stayed up way too long! It made me wanna stay home from work and read all day today.

I will not say too much about it because I...more
M. Leighton
Sep 25, 2012 M. Leighton rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Author
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
I FEEL LIKE A MOTHER FUCKING GENIUS! I KNEW IT!
Loved the book :D Can't wait for the 2nd one.. luckily the cliffhanger was totally bearable so I'm not dying out of curiosity [Thank God]
Cash.. Agrh! Sexy Hot Hunk!! Beauty with Brains
Nash.. Cutie with a sexy charm, Brains with Beauty
Olivia, You smart thing.. haha but I'm smarter is all I can say :P
Liv needs to live a little and stop worrying, but I love how she wants to take care of her father in about everything.. She's a doll..
I love the book.....more
★★Sara Lizzy★★
BR with Jo and Sammy!
(This was a re-read for me)

Olivia Townsend is out with her friends in a VIP room at Duel, a nightclub, for a bachelorette party for Olivia's friend Shawna.

My Olivia

It's said that they have a stripper on the way and that Olivia's friend Shawna is supposed to help undress him when he show up. The door opens and in walks an incredibly handsome man and since Shawna refuses to undress the stripper, she opts to have Olivia do it. Olivia can be shy, but when challenged, she can be...more
Rose
Initial reaction: Yeah...I can't right now. This was not good. I think I'll meditate over it a night before writing a full review, but I don't think it's going to get above a single star.

Full review:

This is one of those books I don't really want to write a review on, not because I'm being a sloth, or reluctant to share my opinion, but because honestly I really don't want to have to pull this book from my memory and reflect on how...odd this was.

So you guys know about my weakness about reading st...more
Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy

Ooooooh myyyyyy GOOOOOOOOOD!

Photobucket

What a trip and a twist!

I can not believe I did not read this sooner! I need to be punished... Perhaps on a 4wheeler, or against a shower wall, or on the hood of the car!

Photobucket

Olivia, while at a bachelorette, meets Cash at a club through the most delicious way I can think off... By undressing a stranger because of a simple misunderstanding. And what a hot piece to confuse for a stripper!

“If he’s the stripper, then who are you?”
“I’m Cash Davenport. I own the club.”

Em...more
Lauren (Sugar & Snark)
OMG I need a Cigarette! Not only was the book seriously hot but I feel like my mind has been fucked as well!

I have no idea how to review this book. I don’t know what I was expecting but it wasn’t this. All I can really share is the random thoughts that were running through my brain us this book, which I thought was going to be a simple erotic romance unfolded.

We meet Cash- Hello Yummy!
We meet Nash-Whoop! There are TWO of them!
The book goes on a little- Eh this book is OK
Olivia (the MC) can’t...more
Isabella Francesca
5 REMARKABLE STARS!!!

WHY. Why did I not read this much more earlier? Why just now? SHEEEESH.
OH. DEAR. LORD.

I am just gonna make this quick since I have to get started on the second book...
Let the pictures below tell you how I feel while reading the book.

So I started like this feeling all

because everyone's raving about it. I gotta knows!!

Then. Enter Mr. Cash Davenport.

Then Nash Davenport.

Twin brothers. Very different personalities. But they got one thing in common: OOZING WITH SEX APPEAL that it...more
✽ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ✽
Olivia's in college working her way towards an accounting degree and working at a bar when she meets Cash, a club owner and obvious bad boy. There is an immediate attraction but she has sworn off bad boys. Imagine her surprise when she meets her cousin's boyfriend, Nash...that's right, Cash's twin....and the good boy but he's taken...or is he?

I think I smiled through this whole book...well, except maybe the Gollumesque epilogue. I loved the banter...the flirting and teasing that went on between...more
Wanderlust
Cover & Title - 4 out of 5
Favorite Line - "I want to paper cut her. On every square inch of her body. And then roll her in salt water."
Favorite Character - Cash

I was really undecided whether or not to make this a 5 star review, for now it will stay a four but i think in a few months i will re-read this and see if that puts it up.

So many of my goodreads friends have read this book, rated it highly & raved about it. So I knew i would have to read this. I am so glad i did. I abso-fucking-...more
Candace
4.25

Let me start out by saying, any book that wants to open with hot strippers and lots of alcohol is completely fine by me. THAT is how you get my attention, people! And then adding hot TWINS to tease me with?! Can't...handle..it.

Apparently twins are on my bucket list. I had no idea.

Things I loved:
*It's set in my home state of Georgia, baby! ~cue banjos~
*Hot Twins
*The fact that Olivia does the opposite of what people tell her to. It's a good girl's way of rebelling.
*Hot Twins
*The sexual tensio...more
Marie
Uh oh, not going to lie that ending freaked me out. The next book already looks good!

I loved, loves, love this book.

Daymmmmn, Cash was just HOT, and so, SO damn sexy!

He couldn't get any sexier. I was dribbling by the mention of his name.

Tattoos, a rocking body, sexy accent and the even the way he talks, omg, Olivia is one lucky gal!

Olivia is just your average college student, Marissa is her rich snobby cousin and flat mate.

Nash is Marissa's boyfriend and Cash owns the hot local nughtclub....more
AJ
“OHMIGOD, HE WAS SO EFFIN’ HOT!”

I can’t even remember who this quote was about, but it totally didn’t matter because this book has two AMAZING hotties!

Bad boy Cash – “Cocky, sexy, charming. Untamed. Rebellious. Heartbreaker”

And his twin brother, the ‘good boy’ Nash – “Incredibly handsome, charming, obviously intelligent, successful, grounded, responsible"

Torn between these two gorgeous heroes (not a bad place to be, really!) is our heroine, Olivia - a regular girl (although super hot and deva...more
Elizabeth (Liz)
This one has a pretty ridiculous and outlandish major plot twist, but it also has a lot of *damn* funny lines. The humor's not OTT (like a certain book I could mention that's gotten a lot of buzz in recent months). It's smart, well-placed humor. That was one of my very favorite things about this book. And, I have to say, outlandish plot twist or not, I read and enjoyed the whole darn book! It's a funny, steamy, light read. And, as the author warns, it is not YA or even New Adult. It truly is an...more
what is olivia's height? 15 133 Aug 22, 2014 11:16AM
Crazy for Young A...: Down to You (The Bad Boys #1) by M. Leighton → Start Date: November 12, 2013 43 29 Nov 16, 2013 05:00PM
should i read this 9 86 Oct 19, 2013 11:02AM
Should I read this one? 23 166 Oct 19, 2013 11:02AM
Cash/Nash 15 307 Oct 19, 2013 11:01AM
It's very Hot! 4 66 Oct 19, 2013 11:01AM
Shut Up & Read: Down to You by M. Leighton 53 32 Sep 11, 2013 09:35AM
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
  • Leave Me Breathless (Ross Siblings, #3)
  • Letting Go (Mitchell Family, #1)
  • Love Left Behind
  • Collide (Collide, #1)
  • Grounded (Up in the Air, #3)
  • The Proposition (The Proposition, #1)
  • Devoured (Devoured, #1)
  • Futures and Frosting (Chocolate Lovers, #2)
  • Rock the Band (Black Falcon, #1.5)
  • Forever My Girl (The Beaumont Series, #1)
  • Unravel Me (Unravel Me, #1)
  • Love Unrehearsed (Love, #2)
  • Avoiding Responsibility (Avoiding, #2)
  • Wrong Bed, Right Guy (Come Undone, #1)
  • Taking Chances (Taking Chances, #1)
  • The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1)
  • Double Time (Sinners on Tour, #5)
I was born and raised in the United States, and I’ve lived in several of the fabulous fifty. Though I currently live in the deep South, I spent much of my childhood up North and hope to return there one day. A few other things about me: I believe that sometimes you have to look really, REALLY hard to find the good in people, but it's there. I believe that I'm shrinking (I swear five years ago I wa...more
More about M. Leighton...
Up to Me (The Bad Boys, #2) The Wild Ones (The Wild Ones, #1) Everything for Us (The Bad Boys, #3) All the Pretty Lies (Pretty, #1) For the Love of a Vampire (Blood Like Poison, #1)

“I have no clue. I have ovaries; therefore, I repel all things mechanical.” 181 likes
“Where did you get that dress?
I stole it from a homeless person," I say straight-faced. "She was lying right beside the stripper that gave you yours.”
154 likes