Start by marking “Captive in the Spotlight/Blackmailed Bride, Innocent Wife” as Want to Read:
Captive in the Spotlight/Blackmailed Bride, Innocent Wife

Captive in the Spotlight/Blackmailed Bride, Innocent Wife

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  158 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Out of the limelight... Domenico Volpe has been a paparazzi target for years with his rugged Roman looks, glamorous lifestyle and, most recently, a family tragedy. Now that the woman at the center of it all is released from prison, he'll do whatever it takes to keep her quiet.

And into the fire!

Domenico ensures that Lucy Knight "accepts" his offer of refuge on his well-guar
Published February 19th 2013 by Harlequin

Be the first to ask a question about Captive in the Spotlight/Blackmailed Bride, Innocent Wife

Dalia
As always with Annie West's books, I was sucked in from the first page by the tension radiating from the pages and the intense emotions packed into the scenes.
Annie West creates a wonderful heroine. Lucy has inner strength, dignity and integrity. She knows she is innocent and she stays true to herself. She is toughened by injustice and years in prison. She hides her fiery passionate nature behind a calm facade.
Domenico is driven by loyalty to his family, by grief for his brother's dea
Kay
Lemon
Disappointing for an Annie West and missing the spark I've come to expect from her books. This was a thoroughly mediocre read. Perhaps it needed a longer book to do justice to this very ambitious storyline. Too much to be resolved in such a short book to flush out this doozie of a story to a satisfactory conclusion.
Nas Dean
CAPTIVE IN THE SPOTLIGHT by author Annie West is a Mills & Boon Modern release for March 2013.

Domenico Volpe wants to keep the woman who was responsible for shattering his family kept out of the limelight. Because now she has been released from prison and doubtless would seek revenge.

Lucy Knight just wants to put everything which happened to her in the past few years behind and move forward with a new start. But would the paparazzi leave her? Then Domenico offers help, dare she accept his o
TashNz
I didnt realise until I closed the last page that I'd figuratively held my breath the whole way through the epic journey that Captive in the Spotlight took me on.

As a regular follower of Annie West's website and her many awesome blogs contributions Captive in the Spotlight shot to the top of my TBR list because I thought it sounded like an original, interesting and boundary-pushing plot line for a Presents story.

We meet Lucy as she's being released from Prison. She's overwhelmed by the paparazz
Jenny
I don't know why I'm still trying to read an Annie West book. This particular author bores me to tears. I wonder how it's possible that her stories are published by Harlequin since I can never detect a romance there.
Alicia (is beyond tired of your *ish)
This is just on Captive in the Spotlight. I'll rate and review Blackmailed Bride, Innocent Wife separately.

I really enjoyed the hell out of reading this. I don't typically read Harlequin Presents. They usually seem like a contemporary update of the eighties books. I hate the severe power imbalances; the borderline abusive, controlling, sexist, manipulative, dreadful Heroes; the virgin Heroine/powerful experienced Hero (don't get me wrong, I love virgin characters a lot, but it seems overly fetis
Sara  HarlequinJunkie
Rating: 4.5 Stars

Captive in the Spotlight by Annie West is an intensely compelling romance.
For five grim years Lucy had imagined her first day of freedom. A sky the pure blue of Italian summer. The scent of citrus in the warm air and the sound of birds.

Instead she inhaled a familiar aroma. Bricks, concrete and cold steel should have no scent. Yet mixed with despair and commercial strength detergent, they created a perfume called 'Institution'. It had filled her nostrils for years.

Lucy repressed
HÜLYA
Nedense bu hikayeyi cok sevdim. Duygusal dramatik bir hikaye idi. Bes yılı hapiste gecen bir genc kızin iftiraya ugrayarak hayatinin bert yılinin elinden alinmasidi.
Desere
Imagine what it must be like in prison, being away from people you love, not having the every day surroundings most of us are use to, but if you have done the crime as they say it is time to pay by doing your time.

If however you are innocent I think being trapped inside four walls can be the worst experience of your life as you know that the truth is out there but there is nothing you can do to prove your innocence while being held.

In this read from the wonderfully talented Annie West I was tak
Tantri Setyorini
Lucy Knight finally get her freedom after five years imprisoned in jail. She'd convicted for murder that she didn't do and she believed that her unfair trial were influnce by the Volpes, a powerful family in Italia. But now she already lost everything. Her future, family, friend, reputation, and first love. All she wants now is just a new beginning where nobody knows her and her past. But the Italian paparazzis won't let her escape from her involvement with murder of Volpe family's member.
Domen
Sugar
Review:

Life for Lucy hasn’t been anything near fair, especially for the last 5 years in which she served time in jail for something she claims she wasn’t responsible for. After being released she doesn’t have a choice but to turn to her accuser for help, which the latter offers even without a request. But what are the true motives of the unexpected assistance? Or what could grow out of it?

Liked: The heroine was awesome, no wet blanket here, even though she was delicate and vulnerable. The hero w
Natalie
Joyfully Reviewed
For five years, Lucy Knight has paid for a crime that she didn’t commit. She is finally released, but she has nowhere to turn and the press is acting like a hoard of starving sharks scenting blood! Domenico Volpe is the last person that Lucy should expect to help her, but he will do anything to protect his family from further scandal – including harboring the very one who brought so much grief to his family years ago. Domenico soon discovers that Lucy shields more than he ever thought, and he fi ...more
H.L. Laffin
I just finished Captive in the spotlight; I have a favorite line that I loved, Domenico- what a great hero! :) The way he held back and was angered with Lucy and fighting his own attraction for her. Then to have him slowly see the right even though he was led to believe the wronged done to Lucy... Very well kept together.

Lucy was the perfect heroin with staying strong and not bowing down to anyone with trying to buy her story. How she didn't change who she was but kept up her wall to protect he
Danielle
Tania
I was wanting a little more information on Chiara, but on the whole most of the story ended happily ever after
Book Chatter-Cath
I am continually surprised at how much I enjoy Annie West’s stories; she definitely has the recipe for a good romance down pat.

Domenico and Lucy both have their flaws and are by no means innocent of keeping secrets, but the author portrays them with plenty of redeemable features and an undercurrent of simmering attraction - and a murder mystery to boot! Captive in the Spotlight is a smooth and easy to read romance with characters full of depth and likability; it was a joy to read.

Annie West’s s
Tonya Warner
After five long years, Lucy Knight walks out of prison and in to the life of Domenico Volpe. Lucy had served time for killing his brother, and he wants her silence to save the family name.

Lucy knew she had done nothing wrong, but having Domenico abandon her, then come back in to her life was something she could not trust. Even falling for him, loving him, was not easy.

Very touching story.
Angelina Neale
Annie continually impresses me with her original story lines, passionate heroes, and unyielding heroines. 'Captive in the Spotlight' had me engrossed from the first page to the last. It originally seemed a story that would be suited to other category lines, however it soon became obvious that Annie has once again bent the Present's rules to fit her. X Angelina.
Helen
Another fantastic story by Annie West I so love her strong heroes Domenico is so focused on his family and life that falling in love with Lucy is an amazing adventure to read this one is sensual and very moving as Lucy fights to stay strong. The scenery is wonderful it made me feel like I was in Italy on the Mediteraian snorkling and swimming. Loved it
Sonya
Pretty good- the first story was hard to understand because it took so long to get to the real reason for Domenico's revenge. A good quick easy read- guilty pleasure.
Patricia Caramelo
Loved the book. It's a compelling novel mixing romance with an unsolved murder mistery. We're always wondering if they Lucy and Domenico will be able to forget the past and trust each other to overcome the many issues that are still unresolved and find the true murderer of Domenico's brother.
Jemi Fraser
Lucy & Domenico are a great pair - although it takes them a long time to realize it! Lucy is a great character with lots of layers brought about by some horrific circumstances. Domenico is at first unbending and unyielding, but is strong enough to change. Great read! :)
Ltlmer2
Both were just okay (3 stars for CITS, 2 for BBIW) Captive at least had an original plot and interesting heroine. Blackmailed was just too rife with angst and misunderstandings for me.
Annie Burrows
I loved this book. But then I usually do enjoy Annie West's stories!
Shanelle
Really enjoyed this one.
Harlequin Books
Category: Passion
Joelle.bcn
Joelle.bcn marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
  • Sold to the Enemy
  • Dealing Her Final Card (Princes Untamed, #1)
  • Princess in the Iron Mask
  • Living the Charade
  • At The Greek Boss's Bidding
  • Unlocking her Innocence
  • At His Majesty's Request (Call of Duty, #2)
  • A Scandal, a Secret, a Baby\Marriage Scandal, Showbiz Baby!
  • Surrendering All But Her Heart
  • The Ruthless Caleb Wilde (The Wilde Brothers, #2)
  • A Game with One Winner
  • An Inheritance of Shame (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #4)
  • Forgiven but not Forgotten?
  • A Bargain with the Enemy (The Devilish D'Angelos #1)
  • No More Sweet Surrender
  • The Price Of Success

USA Today Bestselling author Annie West loves writing passionate, intense love stories. She has devoted her life to an in depth study of tall, dark, charismatic heroes who cause the best kind of trouble in the lives of their heroines. Creating heroines who are a perfect mat
More about Annie West...
The Desert King's Pregnant Bride (Unexpected Babies) (Harlequin Presents Extra, #50) Prince of Scandal Imprisoned by a Vow The Greek Tycoon's Unexpected Wife (In the Greek Tycoon's Bed) (Harlequin Presents Extra, #6) Blackmailed Bride, Inexperienced Wife (Innocent Wives #3)