Start by marking “Taken by the Border Rebel (Brunson Clan Trilogy #3)” as Want to Read:
Taken by the Border Rebel (Brunson Clan Trilogy #3)

Taken by the Border Rebel (Brunson Clan Trilogy #3)

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Tormented by her innocence

As leader of his clan, Black Rob Brunson has earned every dark syllable of his name. But, having taken hostage his enemy's daughter in a fierce act of rebellion, he is tormented by feelings of guilt and torn apart with the growing need to protect her—and seduce her!

Stella Storwick feels Rob's disdain from the first. Then slowly she starts to see b
Published February 19th 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Taken by the Border Rebel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taken by the Border Rebel

My favorite of the trilogy. Rob is the leader of his clan and must do what is best for them. When he comes across Stella Storwick, a member of his clan's mortal enemies, he seizes the moment and seizes her. His clan has already taken her father hostage and he finds that neither one is being searched for by their relations. Now he has to decide what to do with her.

I really liked both Rob and Stella. Both of them have found themselves isolated by the expectations others have of them. Rob has been
J’ai bien aimé la première moitié du roman. Les descriptions des lieux et des personnages sont telles qu’on a l’impression d’y être. Malheureusement quelques incohérences viennent entacher l’histoire. Dommage car l’idée de départ était excellente. Je ressors donc mitigée de cette lecture. J’en attendais peut-être trop de ce dernier opus qui, heureusement, met un terme, certes rapide, à la trame secondaire des 3 livres : le roi va-t-il punir le clan Brunson?

Ma chronique ici : http://songedunenuit
Trudy Miner
It is 1529 and Black Rob Brunson is head man of his clan. As he rides out to inspect his lands, the last thing he expects is to come across a Storwick woman on his land! Unknown to him, Stella isn't just any Storwick woman, she's the daughter of the head man, his sworn enemy, who is prisoner in his brother's castle. Rob takes her prisoner and back to his tower; Stella thinks it an opportunity to find her father and gather information on Brunson defenses. Things didn't go according to plan; Stell ...more
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Brunson Clan, conclusion
Category: Historical Romance
"Gifford depicts the Brunson clan, which kneels to no one, with realism and an inherent respect for the Scots border lords. Each story in the series becomes more powerful than the one before, as readers become invested in the characters and their struggle to remain sovereign. The historical backdrop enhances this captive/captor romance that is at once emotionally powerful, tender and exciting." RT Book Reviews, rated 4 stars
April Hollingworth
Wonderful novel full of such strong determined characters.
This is the third and final book in the series and is the only one I read (I did my usual and didn't realize it was the end of the series but thankfully that made no difference to my thorough enjoyment and appreciation of this book. A must read and I will be trying to find the first two books to read.

Andrea Jackson
Well drawn characters. I liked this book best in the series. Rob and Stella didn't always act the way I thought they should but that made them more real somehow. Excellent plot. BIG ending, which I like. I could see it in a movie. lol.
Bella Marie Cullen
4 1/2 - 5

I was tempted to read this first. But I waited.

This was definitely not a disappointment.
Diane Peterson
A nicely written straight-forward historical with an interesting plot. Enjoyable.
Harlequin Historical
Miniseries: The Brunson Clan
Beiza added it
Nov 17, 2015
Michaela marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2015
Danielle marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2015
J marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
S marked it as to-read
May 30, 2015
Kittykorn marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Paddy marked it as to-read
May 09, 2015
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Alexandria marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
Tracy marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Salla Leppänen
Salla Leppänen marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Heather Heal
Heather Heal marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
After many years in public relations, advertising, and marketing, Blythe Gifford started writing seriously after a corporate layoff. Ten years and one layoff later, she became an overnight success when she sold her Romance Writers of America Golden Heart finalist manuscript to Harlequin.
She has since written medieval romances featuring characters born on the wrong side of the royal blanket. Now,
More about Blythe Gifford...

Brunson Clan Trilogy (3 books)
  • Return of the Border Warrior