Start by marking “Never Let Go/A Soldier's Secret” as Want to Read:
Never Let Go/A Soldier's Secret

Never Let Go/A Soldier's Secret

HEALING HANDSAs a psychologist, Mallory Blake knew there were times when one had to let go. She also knew just how much it hurt. After her husband's death, she'd packed up her belongings and moved to San Francisco, wishing it was as easy to box up her memories and seal away her regrets. But she had her patients at the hospital who helped her move forward, patients like six ...more
Published July 30th 2013 by Harlequin (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Never Let Go/A Soldier's Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Let Go/A Soldier's Secret

Patricia Solla
Sep 30, 2013 Patricia Solla rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own, pbs
Two interesting stories - one by Sherryl Woods and the other by Raeanne Thayne. Never Let Go by Sherryl Woods deals with a young boy hospitalized from child abuse injuries, a psychologist dealing with her own grief and a doctor dealing with his own inner demons. It's a good storyline and the action moves along quite nicely. A Soldier's Secret written by Raeanne Thayne is also good. The only disappointment was that it seems to be a part of a trilogy or series. The storyline deals a young woman (o ...more
Barb
May 19, 2014 Barb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As a psychologist, Mallory Blake knew there were times when one had to let go. She also knew just how much it hurt. After her husband's death, she'd packed up her belongings and moved to San Francisco, wishing it was as easy to box up her memories and seal away her regrets. But she had her patients at the hospital who helped her move forward, patients like six-year-old Davey. The broken little boy needed Mallory—not that his doctor agreed.
Mallory had heard the rumors about neurosurgeon Justin Wh
Natasha  Briggs
Sep 30, 2014 Natasha Briggs rated it really liked it
A Soldier's Secret was a great book.

Max makes his return to Brambleberry House to try and figure out why is aunt did not leave her great big house to him in her will. He was her only living relative and could not figure out what she was thinking. HE decides to do some undercover investigating and returns to Brambleberry as a temporary tenant.

Anna is just grateful that the third floor apartment got rented. This way she can afford to pay for more of the repairs to the old house. Her professional l
Marcy
Sep 15, 2016 Marcy rated it really liked it
HEALING HANDS As a psychologist, Mallory Blake knew there were times when one had to let go. She also knew just how much it hurt. After her husband's death, she'd packed up her belongings and moved to San Francisco, wishing it was as easy to box up her memories and seal away her regrets. But she had her patients at the hospital who helped her move forward, patients like six-year-old Davey. The broken little boy needed Mallory-not that his doctor agreed.

Mallory had heard the rumors about neurosu
Sarah Arndt-albrecht
Jan 11, 2014 Sarah Arndt-albrecht rated it it was amazing
2 great books by 2 great authors. The kind of book you cant put down. =)
Joann
Oct 05, 2013 Joann rated it liked it
Predictable but good story
Fran Willis
May 16, 2014 Fran Willis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sherry Woods is a great story teller.

Sherry Woods is a great story teller.

This was a wonderful story,made me cry and laugh. I gave it 5 stars because I couldn't put the book down.
Virginia
Jun 25, 2014 Virginia marked it as to-read
Read the first half...just a quick almost short story. I do wish threre had been some closure on the little boys story.
Stacey
Mar 30, 2014 Stacey rated it really liked it
My ebook only contained Never Let Go. I thought it was a good story, a quick read.
Jackie S
Jan 24, 2014 Jackie S rated it did not like it
I was very disappointed in this book. I love Sherryl Woods and this book showed it was released in December 2013 when in fact it its original release was 1988. Felt that the characters were one demential and story was lacking the depth she normally brings.
Darcy
Aug 24, 2013 Darcy rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, 2013
This review is based only on Never Let Go by Sherryl Woods.

I could tell that this was an older book, it had a hard time holding my attention. I didn't get what all the fuss was about Justin, to me he was arrogant, not sure I would have wanted him to be my dr. Mallory was meh for me. I was more interested in what was happening with Davey, I actually wished there was more with the boy.
Patty
I have never met a Sherryl Woods novel that I didn't like. She knows how to tell a romantic story - there is always conflict and issues, but the reader is sure that there will be a HEA.

My only reason for giving two instead of three stars is the second story. Somehow Thayne's story did not live up to my expectations. It was good, just not as interesting as Woods.
Debbie
Dec 22, 2013 Debbie rated it it was amazing
This review is for Never Let go. I really enjoyed this story. Mallory and Justin both had some things to work thru, Justin more than Mallory. I am glad he was able to finally accept he could give and receive love and he would be a great dad.
Cherie Reeves
Dec 31, 2013 Cherie Reeves rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013-books
Not one of her better books. It was okay, not great. The main male character was a jerk.
Ann Boytim
Nov 08, 2013 Ann Boytim rated it really liked it
Easy reading book - just the kind I need after working hard all day long
Julie Alvarez
Sep 26, 2013 Julie Alvarez rated it it was amazing
Loved both books. Both are good reads and would recommend both.
Julie
Mar 27, 2015 Julie rated it it was amazing
Both stories were excellent. :)
Diane
Diane is currently reading it
Sep 18, 2016
Fran Hernandez
Fran Hernandez marked it as to-read
Denise
Denise added it
Cathy Basinski
Cathy Basinski rated it really liked it
Cheryl Fugate
Cheryl Fugate rated it did not like it
Corey Fowles
Corey Fowles rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2016
Kathy Smith
Kathy Smith marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2016
Su Parker
Su Parker marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
susan butterworth
susan butterworth is currently reading it
Aug 21, 2016
CAROLE CRAIG
CAROLE CRAIG rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2016
  • A Cold Creek Holiday (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #6)
  • True Blue & Carrera's Bride: True Blue\Carrera's Bride
  • Last Chance Book Club (Last Chance, #5)
  • The Unexpected Husband: Jury of His Peers / Any Sunday
  • Santa In Montana (Calder Saga #11)
  • Sweet Dreams: Reasonable Doubt / Without a Trace
  • By Arrangement/By Possession (Medieval #1 & #4)
  • Chance of a Lifetime (Harmony, #5)
  • The Cowboy's Sweetheart (The Cowboy Series, #6)
  • Glory, Glory / Snowbound with the Bodyguard
  • Smooth Sailing (Stop The Wedding, #2)
  • The House on Olive Street
  • Shadowlands
  • The Wedding Dress (The McDaniels, #3)
  • Cowboy Daddy (Silhouette Special Edition No. 898)
With two other careers to her credit before becoming a novelist and four states in which she's lived for extended periods of time, Sherryl Woods has collected friends and memories, along with way too much unnecessary junk.

"The friends are the only things I've brought with me through the years that really matter," she says. "I could probably live without one more chintz teacup, another tin-litho sa
More about Sherryl Woods...