Start by marking “Little Cowgirl on His Doorstep” as Want to Read:
Little Cowgirl on His Doorstep

Little Cowgirl on His Doorstep (Cadence Creek Cowboys #3)

3.93  ·  Rating Details  ·  113 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Little cowgirl makes three

For Avery Spencer, the sight of rugged, sullen and dangerously sexy Callum Shepard is enough to set her pulse racing. Too bad she's only on his ranch to tell him that her adorable baby niece is his daughter!

Reclusive rancher Callum is shocked to discover he's a father. But now Callum must learn to believe he does have what it takes to become a da
Published March 5th 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Little Cowgirl on His Doorstep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Cowgirl on His Doorstep

Susan
Apr 14, 2013 Susan rated it it was amazing
Very good book. Avery has come to Cadence Creek to tell Callum he is a father. Her sister had a one night stand with him at a wedding a year earlier, but never told him she was pregnant. Her sister left her as guardian but Avery doesn't feel right keeping Nell's existence from him. She is shocked to see how much he has changed from the man she met at the wedding. She wants nothing more than to take Nell back home with her but having grown up without a father herself she doesn't want that to happ ...more
Mere
Dec 22, 2015 Mere rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A cute story
Lisa
Jan 30, 2016 Lisa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to like this story. The premise was decent and the dust jacket claimed it would be about Callum trying to convince Avery she belongs on the ranch with him. Unfortunately, whoever wrote that little blurb lied like a yellow dog because Callum never once asks Avery to stay and since we spend virtually no time in his perspective if he was secretly thinking about it we'd never know. Speaking generally, Callum and Avery's interactions throughout the book are so stilted and superficial that th ...more
SuperWendy
I spent the whole story feeling sorry for the dead sister.
Rhonda
Mar 04, 2013 Rhonda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a charming book. thier are a couple of love scenes at the end that I skipped.
Warning you might want to go to a bakery or hold a cute baby after reading this book.
Avery Spencer loves her niece and her job. She is Nell's mother now, since her sister died after having the baby. Avery's sister has not told the father that he is one.
Avery disgreed with her over that so she has tracked him down and showed up on his doorstep to tell him about Nell.
Callum Shepard does not believe he is a father.
Hsiau Wei
This book tell the story of Avery, who bought her baby niece to Callum’s doorstep and announced his parentage to him. The news caught him by surprise and all he did was asked Avery to leave. Nell is now under Avery’s custody as her sister died at childbirth. She feel that Callum have the rights to know about her existence even though her sister has disagreed with the notion. Callum is pretty cautious now when comes to parentage issue due to his ex fiancée who tried to passed the paternity of her ...more
Noreen
Aug 06, 2014 Noreen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a cute romantic story. Avery is granted guardianship of her niece when her sister dies shortly after delivering her daughter Nella. Four months after Nella is born Avery flies out to where Callum is living. Callum has no idea that the one night stand that he had with Averys sister resulted in a pregnancy. Callum eventually asks her to stay on his farm so he can get to know his daughter. Eventually the two of them finally admit their feelings towards one another.
Terri
Jul 23, 2016 Terri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-books
This was the story of Avery and Callum. Avery shows up at Callum's door with her niece in her arms to tell Callum that he is the baby's father. It's a lovely story of Avery and Callum developing feelings for each other, but fighting the eventuality of Avery's leaving and taking the baby with her. Their relationship developed in a way that left you never doubting it, even though there was very little time.
I really enjoyed it.
Yazmin
Mar 12, 2013 Yazmin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Little Cowgirl On His Doorstep by Donna Alward is a sweet and charming romance novel that will leave you with a warm feeling.

Avery Spencer has always done the right thing, as the older sister she had to set an example for Crystal her little sister. Only now that her sister has died leaving her in custody of her baby niece, doing the right thing and telling the father that he has a baby will not be easy.

Callum Shepard wants nothing to do with the woman on his doorstep or the baby she claims is hi
April
Disclosure: This ebook was provided to me free of charge through NetGalley for the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments, and ratings are my own.

Really interesting tale that had my attention the whole time. The pace was wonderful and the characters engaging. Great dynamic in the relationship that made it very believable. Beautiful storytelling that entertained the whole time!

It had really great flow and did the job of making me think at times. I love a book that taps into my e
Nicole
Feb 19, 2013 Nicole rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2013
As I've loved many of Donna Alward's books in the past, I was excited to discover I'd won a copy of this one and couldn't wait for it to arrive. I don't like rating books as for some reason saying it only rates 3 stars feels like a bad review. Which this isn't. It says 3 stars is for 'liked it' and that fits perfectly. I did like it. I enjoyed the down to earth, sweet romance of the entire story. Its well written and realistic in its portrayal of how characters in real life might deal with simil ...more
Karen Schmidt
Apr 08, 2013 Karen Schmidt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys quick reads and cowboys that always start out surly.
Recommended to Karen by: Author Page
It was a lovely quick read that had a small baby girl brings her aunt who has been raising her since her sister died and the father who knew nothing about her. These 2 lonely people bond over this beautiful little girl but both fight the feelings they are experiencing as they just don't think it would be a good idea to get involved more than they already are. I really like Donna Alward's books and she did not disappoint with this one either.
Donna
Oct 25, 2014 Donna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, canadian, 2014
Really sweet story. Great main characters. Alward's writing style and plotting kept me engaged and turning pages. I definitely plan to read more books by this author.

Sara Hubbard
Mar 13, 2013 Sara Hubbard rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-reads
Really great read. Donna drew me in right away with her lovely characters and plot. Hero is totally swoon worthy.
Harlequin Books
Nov 20, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
A
Tini Hansen
Tini Hansen rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2016
Maria Proctor
Maria Proctor marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Larissa
Larissa rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2016
Heidi
Heidi added it
Jul 03, 2016
Gemma Viveiros
Gemma Viveiros rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2016
Ash
Ash marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2016
Vicky Lynn
Vicky Lynn marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Teigan Crowe
Teigan Crowe marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2016
Peggy Gaines
Peggy Gaines is currently reading it
May 30, 2016
Alysha
Alysha marked it as to-read
May 29, 2016
  • Along Came Twins... (Tiny Miracles, #2)
  • Mission: Soldier to Daddy
  • Nanny for the Millionaire's Twins
  • The SEAL's Christmas Twins
  • The Man Behind the Pinstripes
  • A Callahan Outlaw's Twins (Callahan Cowboys, #9)
  • The Secretary's Secret
  • Dangerous Memories
  • Montana, Mistletoe, Marriage
  • 7 Minutes In Heaven (Are You Game? #1)
  • Checking Inn
  • The Boss's Surprise Son
  • What Happens Between Friends
  • A Real Cowboy (Rich Rugged Ranchers #2)
  • One More Kiss
  • The Nanny Trap (Billionaires and Babies, #37)
  • A Secret Until Now (One Night With Consequences, #3)
  • Accidentally the Sheikh's Wife
While bestselling author Donna Alward was busy studying Austen, Eliot and Shakespeare, she was also losing herself in the breathtaking stories created by romance novelists like LaVyrle Spencer, Judith McNaught, and Nora Roberts. Several years after completing her degree she decided to write a romance of her own and it was true love! Five years and ten manuscripts later she sold her first book and ...more
More about Donna Alward...

Cadence Creek Cowboys (5 books)
  • The Rebel Rancher (Cadence Creek Cowboys #2)
  • A Cowboy to Come Home To (Cadence Creek Cowboys #4)
  • A Cadence Creek Christmas (Cadence Creek Cowboys #5)
  • Her Rancher Rescuer