Start by marking “The Beauty Detox Foods: Discover the Top 50 Beauty Foods That Will Transform Your Body and Reveal a More Beautiful You” as Want to Read:

Ships from USA. Will take 25-35 days
Published March 26th 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Beauty Detox Foods, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Beauty Detox Foods

Dana Al-Basha دانة الباشا
I tried to cook two of the recipes, they were so good. I loved using the coconut oil in my food, it smelled and tasted amazing!

OMG!! I am in Kimberly Snyder's ad!! Go healthy!!

Robyn
Jun 19, 2013 Robyn rated it really liked it
This book initially seemed to me like it would be one of those annoying "diet trend" books. But it's not. Kimberly is definitely a health nut, and possibly a nutrition extremist, but her information is really helpful. I personally will probably not be getting weekly colonics or perform regular enemas on myself, but I learned a ton about how foods affect the body. Probably most useful to me was information about alkalinity and acidity.
When I say "nutrition extremist," I mean that she is obviousl
E St
Apr 04, 2013 E St rated it really liked it
Shelves: veggie-foods, food, detox
I've been following Kimberly's blog now for years, and have loved her recipes from the start, and also her positive energy which comes through in her writing.

The recipes are good, but nothing very innovative when it comes to this style of eating, although it must be said that when you eat a low (ish) fat veggie based diet it focuses so much on fresh ingredients that not much prep is needed - simple is better with this kind of food.

So, for people looking for simple recipes that taste good, and a
Kelli
Dec 19, 2014 Kelli rated it really liked it
Shelves: not-fiction
This book feels like more of a reference guide than a cookbook. It is packed with information about all different kinds of foods, focusing on what to avoid (and why) and detailing the many known and not commonly known qualities of a myriad of foods. Different foods repair damaged cells, aid in digestion, increase blood flow, etc. Each food is sort glorified here...so, this is not a simple beauty book like many of the past. As ayou are reading the section on beautiful skin, for example, you are l ...more
Krystal Esmi
Apr 01, 2013 Krystal Esmi rated it it was amazing
Yay!! I read her first book, and I wasn't too fond of it. I loved her health advice, but there was something about the organization of the book that didn't sit well with me; it was almost as if the information was too overwhelming to take in at one time. So when I found out that she was releasing a second book and that it would be a bit different from the first, I just knew that I had to get it. A lot of the information was the same, but it was done in a way that was far less overwhelming than h ...more
Julie
Mar 12, 2013 Julie rated it it was amazing
I have a degree in holistic nutrition so I expected this book to be more of the 'same' as far a nutrition books...I was happily taken by surprise! I loved, loved, this book! Kimberly has laid out all of her information in a clear, concise, easy to read format. Her book is not preachy (which I don't like), nor does she spend the whole book talking about how wonderful she is.

In the beginning of the book are the foods to be avoided, the middle the foods to consume, and the end recipes. The color p
Toni
Apr 05, 2013 Toni rated it really liked it
This book is very well-researched and chock-full of info. Unfortunately, you start to feel that if you don't go gluten-free, drink the authors smoothies every day, and follow the plan to the letter, you'll never be beautiful or healthy. Some of the plan is sound nutritionally and easy to incorporate into your life. Others are pretty restrictive and--at least in my case--would just about annihilate a social life. That said--I am following the parts of the plan that I can and have noted improved e ...more
Serena
Feb 15, 2013 Serena rated it it was amazing
Kimberly Snyder does it again! Like the Beauty Detox, she clearly lays out the benefits of eating a low fat plant based diet, backs up her books with studies, and gives the reader great suggestions for meal plans and recipes. She also goes through a ton of vegetables and fruits and all the benefits they contain! Book is easy to read, clear and captivating. Highly recommend!
Rabbit {Paint me like one of your 19th century gothic heroines!}
Feb 19, 2013 Rabbit {Paint me like one of your 19th century gothic heroines!} rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: people who are obsessive about healthy eating
Disclaimer: Received a free copy via netgalley.

The pictures and recipes look good.

This book does seem like a fad waiting to happen.
Kamila
Jul 25, 2013 Kamila rated it really liked it
Who would have thought that walnuts can taste so good? Full of information and great recipes to follow. I highly recommend this book.
Lauren Hartwick
Jul 09, 2017 Lauren Hartwick rated it really liked it
With health books I usually keep them on my radar for months or even a year and peak at them every so often until I feel I really want it and it is worth money and putting your trust (or at least optimism) in the author. I finally bought this one a few years ago after it had been out for a bit and I think it is a must-have for anyone interested in learning more about food and health!

What I like about this book:
-that it lists the "beauty foods" out and gives enough attention to each one and their
Nicole
Jul 19, 2017 Nicole rated it it was ok
This was a brief read for me so I did not read it word to word. I did learn some things and enjoyed the easy layout of the book.
Darren
Mar 13, 2013 Darren rated it really liked it
Fifty different foods are said to help transform your body and reveal a more beautiful you. Who doesn't want to be fitter and more beautiful?

In this fairly chunky self-help book the author, a clinical nutritionist who is said to be one of Hollywood’s top celebrity nutritionists and beauty experts, highlights these 50 beauty-boosting foods and gives nearly 90 recipes that incorporate them. The book's publicity material says that readers can "…stop wasting your money on fancy, expensive beauty pro
Vilma
Oct 02, 2016 Vilma rated it liked it
3.5
David Allen
Nov 16, 2013 David Allen rated it really liked it
Beauty detox foods is about putting good health habits into practice.

And knowing why each step is so important.

It has several levels for people with varying social situations and committments. For example, I intend on eating meat at least a couple times a month - and that's fine, there's a plan for that.

The recipes are easy to follow. Highly recommend the GGS and the Spiced Quinoa. Favorite salad: Kale.

Advice: try to make 2-3 recipes and get good at preparing them fast. Then ALWAYS have them on
Trace
Dec 15, 2013 Trace rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. Obviously I didn't read it from start to finish each and every word but close enough to learn heaps of new facts and nutrition. While the diet is too strict for me I simply can't give up stuff like eggs and the occasional meat, I will be keeping this book on hand to refer to the superfoods. Oh and I will try her smoothie recipe as soon as I buy my first vitamix! (which will be soon :-) merry christmas to me!!) Also I really like Kimberly she seems really down to earth a ...more
Allysia K
Oct 23, 2016 Allysia K rated it really liked it
I've flipped through this book around five times, not reading it consecutively but rather jumping to what looks interesting, so I thought it was finally time to put it on Goodreads.

It's an easy read, and there's not much new for someone who likes reading about nutrition. But she's gentle and non-judgmental, and the recipes are simple, which is how I roll. The first part of the book is the science and reasoning behind her diet (it's not based on woo-woo hippy philosophies, which is nice), the se
Hannah
Feb 02, 2015 Hannah rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Kimberly is pretty extreme, but she had some great tips and the book was actually fun to read. I love anything having to do with natural health and beauty. I've been on a natural medicine, nutrition, and beauty kick lately. I'm not now, nor will I ever be, a vegan; however, her tips and info were still awesome and informative, and I respect that she chooses to live that way. Kimberly is definitely gorgeous!
Alexa
May 30, 2013 Alexa rated it really liked it
Shelves: health, cook-book
I think the book has the the right mixture of education, hands on practical information and recepices. If you read Kimberlys first book there is no need to read this as well. But if you havent read any I prefer this book ( The beauty detox food)to the first book ( beauty solution), as it provides more details on what type of food will improve which health beauty issue ( dry skin, undereyecircles etc. ...more
Sheena
Apr 21, 2013 Sheena rated it really liked it
Great book on how to better my diet. I especially liked the part of the book where she outlined specific foods and how they help oour bodies. I don't know that I will be permanently adopting all of this lifestyle but I will definitely be changing some things. Taking out some foods and adding some. In addition to outlining the foods and why you should or should not eat them she had recipes. Overall a great read and a great reminder to eat more fruits and veggies.
Danica
Oct 02, 2013 Danica rated it really liked it
I loved learning about WHY so many whole foods are good for my health. I found her recipes to be a little extreme, along with her diet recommendations, but overall, I loved the premise of the book. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who's interested in learning about the benefits of certain foods and the effects of food on the body's physical appearance.
Deb
I am a fan of Snyder's glowing green juice and smoothie and read her detox book. This one is a good resource of the 50 foods that are best for your body and ultimately according to Snyder, your looks. The Asparagus and Leek Soup (posted here: http://kahakaikitchen.blogspot.com/20...) was fabulous and I have quite a few other recipes tagged to make.
Linda Grizzard
Nov 11, 2013 Linda Grizzard rated it it was amazing
Shelves: health-books
Extremely Informative and explained with intelligence and understanding of how proper digestion can heal and bolster our body's own natural process. It focuses NOT on losing weight but on how when your body is in proper balance not only will you feel well in all aspects but the weight will become proper as well. She has great advice and many recipes. Great book!
Kimberlee
Mar 19, 2013 Kimberlee rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I recieved this as a Goodreads first reads giveaway. that said, I am in love with this book! It is exactly what I have been looking for. Clear, concise information, and beautiful, delicious, meat free recipes! This is like having your own nutritionist on call. If I could give this book 6 stars I would.
Mary
Jul 24, 2015 Mary rated it really liked it
While I found her "diet" to be quite restrictive and time consuming, her concepts make a lot of sense. I've begun incorporating the glowing green smoothie to my morning routine, cut down on caffeine, dairy and alcohol (she recommends eliminating these from your diet) and I feel great. The book definitely has some great takeaways.
Lori
Aug 18, 2013 Lori rated it it was amazing
AWESOME BOOK!

Very informative being that I've just embarked on this new journey. Being the beginner that I am I was looking for a book that would explain to me in as much detail what everything was, what it did for my body, why and how I could use it in a recipe and this book did just that and more!

I loved the pictures and all the recipes this book contained. Very helpful.
Hannah Cliff
Nov 14, 2013 Hannah Cliff rated it it was amazing
Love this book and Kimberly's approach. A nice light read to remind you of all the awesome fruits and veggies out there to spice up your healthy diet. I've lost 10kg following her philosophy and it's stayed off which us the main thing. No crazy diets here just good sensible nutrition. Some great recipes in the back too!
Ahmed Ashour
May 14, 2013 Ahmed Ashour rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this great book. Great health tips and info about viggies and how great they are. I think I can't be 100% veggie person. The best way for me is to adjust between eating veggie and animal meat. Again I highly recommend everyone to read this book.
Jessica
Feb 06, 2015 Jessica rated it it was amazing
So eye opening and I loved that it teaches the importance of eating raw and natural foods for overall health and beauty, inside and out. It is not a quick fix or diet book. More of a transformational lifestyle that had changed the way I view food forever. Love the author!!
Brandi Montgomery
Nov 05, 2016 Brandi Montgomery rated it it was amazing
Love her! I've been sticking to her recommendations for only 3 weeks now (for the most part), and the increased energy I have in my day is crazy! I feel so great! Looking forward to trying some new recipes.
  • The Blender Girl: Super-Easy, Super-Healthy Meals, Snacks, Desserts, and Drinks--100 Gluten-Free, Vegan Recipes!
  • More Peas, Thank You
  • Ostara: Rituals, Recipes & Lore for the Spring Equinox
  • Chloe's Vegan Desserts: More than 100 Exciting New Recipes for Cookies and Pies, Tarts and Cobblers, Cupcakes and Cakes--and More!
  • It's All Good: Delicious, Easy Recipes That Will Make You Look Good and Feel Great
  • Friends at My Table: Recipes for a Year of Eating, Drinking, and Making Merry
  • Eating for Beauty
  • Meals That Heal Inflammation: Embrace Healthy Living and Eliminate Pain, One Meal at a Time
  • Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Cookbook: Delicious Recipes That Will Burn Fat and Re-Shape Your Body!
  • Clean Gut: The Breakthrough Plan for Eliminating the Root Cause of Disease and Revolutionizing Your Health
  • The Raw Food Detox Diet: The Five-Step Plan for Vibrant Health and Maximum Weight Loss
  • To Walk a Pagan Path: Practical Spirituality for Every Day
  • My Irish Table: Recipes from the Homeland and Restaurant Eve
  • Weight Loss for People Who Feel Too Much: A 4-Step, 8-Week Plan to Finally Lose the Weight, Manage Emotional Eating, and Find Your Fabulous Self
  • Ani’s 15-Day Fat Blast: The Kick-Ass Raw Food Plan to Get Lighter, Tighter, and Sexier … Super Fast
  • The Best Of Clean Eating: Over 200 Mouthwatering Recipes To Keep You Lean And Healthy
  • Extraordinary Vegan
  • Feed Your Face: Younger, Smoother Skin and a Beautiful Body in 28 Delicious Days
Kimberly Snyder is a New York Times bestselling author and the go-to nutritionist for many of the entertainment industries top celebrities.
More about Kimberly Snyder...

“You may eat breakfast first thing upon waking in the morning or soon after. You may even eat early “for energy” when you are not yet hungry. Your new rule about breakfast is this: never eat when you aren’t hungry. If your body is not telling you that you’re hungry, it’s telling you that it doesn’t need any food. We all need to start listening to our bodies more instead of trying to follow any diet” 0 likes
“A lined forehead might point to congestion, and specifically a blocked, toxin-filled colon and gallbladder. Among the contributors to this may be consuming a lot of dairy, cooked oils or processed foods.” 0 likes