Start by marking “The Cowboy's Unexpected Family (Cowboys of Eden Valley, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Cowboy's Unexpected Family (Cowboys of Eden Valley, #3)

The Cowboy's Unexpected Family (Cowboys of Eden Valley #3)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  63 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Her dream—on her terms
With her own business, Cassie Godfrey is finally self-sufficient. But her plans are interrupted by four young orphans—and one persistent cowboy. If she'll care for the children until their uncle claims them, Roper Jones will build Cassie's house. To her business mind, the proposal makes sense. To her independent spirit, it's a reminder of the commitme
Published March 5th 2013 by Love Inspired (first published March 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Cowboy's Unexpected Family, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cowboy's Unexpected Family

This book took me alittle while for a Love Inspired book. It was a good book with a good story, but I was not a fan of the way it was written. I feel like it was alittle choppy.

I really did like the story though. It was about learning how to love again without feeling like it's an obligation. Cassie struggled with this because of her past. She felt she couldn't accept anything from anybody without giving something in return, because she hated feeling like she owed something. In her opinion that
Mikki Cober
Linda Ford has written a sweet, touching story that takes place in the late 1800's. The hero and heroine of this story face the pain of dealing with their own personal loss, and as they care for four orphaned children, learn to trust each other. The trust leads to love, and eventually they overcome their own personal demons and learn how to give away their hearts in order to find what they both are so desperately looking for - family.
I thought it was a touching story. Sometimes in life we don't have the best beginning, and therefore we feel that our life won't get any better or be happy due to our past, but stories like this reminds me that my past do not determine my future. I have to believe and work so that I can be happy. I believe we all have this choice if we choose to. So I say take chances and you may be surprised at the outcome.
Robin Sweitzer

Lovely book, great characters, wonderful story line. I enjoyed the book but there were a couple of times I wanted to see more happen between certain characters.
I enjoyed the book, it was a touching story of learning to love someone without feeling you have to repay them. But in my opinion, it went on a little to long...
John Hanscom
A sweet, well written book, though, I hope, someday, someone will explain to me romance writers fascination with cowboys.
Harlequin Historical
Miniseries: Cowboys of Eden Valley
Category: Inspirational Romance
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Cowboys of Eden Valley
Category: Inspirational Romance
This is an amazing series. Loving it!!!
Molly Burkey
Molly Burkey marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2015
Beiza added it
Nov 20, 2015
Melody marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2015
Melissa marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2015
Angela marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2015
Yuliya marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2015
Michelle marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
Autumn Council
Autumn Council marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2015
Doris marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Sep 18, 2015 11:56AM
Linda Ford grew up devouring books and making up stories in her head—often late at night when she couldn't sleep. But she hadn't planned to write. Instead, she dreamed of running an orphanage. In a way, that dream came true. She married, had four homemade children, adopted ten and lived (at times, endured) the dream.

Writing first took her to non-fiction human-interest articles for newspapers and
More about Linda Ford...

Cowboys of Eden Valley (7 books)
  • The Gift of Family: Merry Christmas, Cowboy\Smoky Mountain Christmas
  • The Cowboy's Surprise Bride (Cowboys of Eden Valley, #2)
  • The Cowboy's Convenient Proposal (Cowboys of Eden Valley, #4)
  • Claiming the Cowboy's Heart (Cowboys of Eden Valley, #5)
  • Winning Over the Wrangler (Cowboys of Eden Valley, #6)
  • Falling for the Rancher Father