Start by marking “The Heiress's Homecoming” as Want to Read:
The Heiress's Homecoming

The Heiress's Homecoming (Everard Legacy #4)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  115 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Terms of the WillTo keep her cherished childhood home, Samantha Everard must marry by her twenty-fifth birthday. Yet she refuses to marry on a whim, not even to save her fortune. When she returns to Dallsten Manor to say goodbye, the last person she expects to see is her handsome, disapproving neighbor William Wentworth, Earl of Kendrick.

Will is certain the scandalous Ever
Mass Market Paperback, 288 pages
Published March 5th 2013 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Heiress's Homecoming, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Heiress's Homecoming

Caz

Although The Heiress’s Homecoming is the final book in a series of four, I don’t think it’s absolutely necessary to have read the other three – although given that I enjoyed this one, I may well give the others a try.

The series deals with the Everard Legacy and follows its four heirs – three brothers and their younger female cousin; and it’s her story which is told in this book.

In order to keep her part of the legacy (which includes her childhood home), Lady Samantha Everard must marry
Cindy
This was a really light fun sweet romance, that I completely enjoyed. Samantha must marry by her 25th birthday or risk losing her inheritance and home. However Samantha will not be forced into just any marriage, she wants to be loved. I really liked Samantha she is witty, smart, strong willed and minded, and she is very kind. William Wentworth owns land that boarders Samantha and he is finding himself drawn, and intrigued by Samantha, Lady Everland. After watching someone following her carriage ...more
Melanie
Review on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/review/R2W3DKQ7...=
Review on my blog: http://christianbookshelfreviews.blog...

The Heiress's Homecoming is the fifth book I've read by Regina Scott and, while I enjoyed all of them, I think this is my favorite so far! I loved getting to read Samantha Everard's story. After being introduced to her in the previous "Everard Legacy" books, it was great to see where life took her and if she got a happy ending.

I loved the characters! Some of my favorites were Wil
Mildred Christi
Mar 10, 2013 Mildred Christi rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommended to Mildred by: My little sister
The Heiress's Homecoming written by Regina Scott is a historical romance novel with traces of action in it. The story depicts the stubbornness of a women. Samantha, the main character, just refuses to marry, even if it means she will lose everything. Upon meeting Will things start to change. There are many obstacles that the couple must get past, including the denial of their feelings for each other. While the story's plot line is very intriguing, the way the story was written did not get the re ...more
Alice
Quite possibly my favorite installment in the Everard Legacy, the Heiress's Homecoming captured me from page one!
Picking up eight years after Cousin Vaughn solved the mystery of his uncles death, the Everard clan reassembles at Dallsten Manor in a large reunion, bringing with them new faces - as well as more secrets and intrigue to surround the old ones.
Who is the villainous thief stalking Samantha, Lady Everard, as she nears her twenty-fifth birthday and her last chance to either preserve or re
Becky
I really enjoyed this series! I know 4 stars is "I really liked it!" but I wish there was a 4.5 star rating because it was really good.
I enjoyed the mystery. I also enjoyed that when a crisis hit, it didn't last forever, but was resolved quickly as we were already trying to figure out the main plot twists.
Very enjoyable!
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Everard Legacy
Category: Inspirational Romance
Rachel Brand
When Samantha Everard’s father died, he left a long and complicated will full of stipulations that she had to fulfil before she would inherit the family estate. The last of these stated that she must marry before her twenty-fifth birthday. Given the fond memories Samantha has of her family home, and the enjoyment her cousins receive whenever they visit for the annual summer party, it seems natural that Samantha would want to fulfil this obligation. But Samantha can’t forget how unhappy her own m ...more
Judy
The Heiress’s Homecoming by Regina Scott
Book 4: The Everard Legacy
This story takes place in 1813 in Cumberland, England. William Wentworth never planned on being Earl of Kendrick, he was a second son after all. The murder of his brother and the death of his father left him without a choice. It was time to return and be a father to his son as well. And then the night of his son’s seventeenth birthday party Will laid eyes on the most beautiful woman. A woman his son was besotted with.

Samantha, Lad
Rhonda
4 STARS

The Heiress's Homecoming is book 4 in the Everard Legacy series. It is the only one I have read and wish I had read the others. You do not need to have read the other 3 books do enjoy Heiress's Homecoming. They do sound good though.

Samantha Everard is 24 year old almost 25. If she does not marry by her birthday she will not inheirit her father's estate and money. She does not plan to marry for a lot of reasons. She does have a few suiters that are chasing her. Samantha is a strong, proud
Abbie
Samantha returns to her childhood home for one last party and to say good bye to her home because if she is not married by the time she turns 25(which is only weeks away) she loses it all. She has no plans to marry and only want to enjoy this one last party before its all gone. But will her neighbor who she has not seen in years change the course of her future?

This is the fourth book in the series. I have not read the other three so there was a few times I was a little confused but it can easil
Iola
Lady Samantha Everard must marry by her twenty-fifth birthday—next month—or lose her inheritance. Her neighbour and childhood friend, Jamie, wants to help, despite the long-standing antipathy between their two families. Jamie’s father is Will Wentworth, Earl of Kendrick, who has decided not to remarry after losing his wife in childbirth seventeen years ago. But things don’t always happen as we plan…

While this was an enjoyable story, it was very much like many other historical romances in this ti
Kathleen E.
Saturday, May 4, 2013
The Heiress's Homecoming by Regina Scott, ©2013

To keep her cherished childhood home, Samantha Everard must marry by her twenty-fifth birthday. Yet she refuses to marry on a whim, even to save her fortune. When she returns to Dallsten Manor to say goodbye, the last person she expects to see is her handsome, disapproving neighbor William Wentworth, Earl of Kendrick.
Will is certain the scandalous Everards are nothing but trouble. He shouldn't care about Samantha's predicament,
Qnpoohbear

I couldn't put this book down until the end, yet it ended up as my least favorite of the series. My feelings stem largely from the fact that this book is more inspirational than the previous books in the series. Samantha and Will are both followers of Christ and pray for guidance. They plan to follow God's path for them but are so convinced that their own personal feelings are right that they ignore what is in front of them. I found both Samantha and Will's stubbornness very annoying. I understa
Kelly
This review also appears on Reading with Analysis.

The publisher's blurb doesn't lie - the story is about a woman who has to make an awful choice: marry within a few weeks or lose her family home. It's about what happens when that woman meets her handsome, disapproving neighbor and the hijinks that ensue, including said neighbor persuading her to matrimony, but the whole is so much better than one would assume, considering a sum of the parts.

For starters, there is Samantha, a well-developed chara
Wendy Sparkes
The mystery & intrigue surrounding Lord Everard’s death was cleared up 8 years ago & most of the stipulations of the will have been attended to. Now there’s only 1 stipulation left: that his daughter Samantha, now Lady Everard, must marry before her 25th birthday or the bulk of her inheritance will go to charity.

It is a fortnight before Samantha’s birthday and she has returned to her childhood home Dallsten Manor for the last time to prepare the annual summer party. The next day will be
Margaret
I have been excited about reading the saga of The Everard Legacy as they were published and the fact that I just had not gotten around to it yet is all bad on me because this is a fabulous read. The Heiress’s Homecoming is a great romance and adventure. Regina was definitely able to take a story that I knew how I wanted it to end, but was not sure how it could possibly get to that point. She did it and entertained me along the entire way. While this is the fourth book in the series it can be rea ...more
Elizabeth
This is a Love Inspired Historical Book and I enjoyed it very much.
Samantha returns back to her home to say goodbye. In order for Samantha Everard to keep her home she must marry by her twenty-fifth birthday. She will not marry just anyone, not even to save her fortune. She has gotten several offers but, she is not ready to get married. She meets her neighbors, William Wentworth, Earl of Kendrick and his son Jamie.Now Samantha is keeping a secret she does not want to get out. Jamie has know Sama
Brooke (i blog 4 books)
I've really fallen in love with Regency romances, so adding a Regina Scott novel in the mix is definitely a bonus! Scott writes heroines that are strong and perhaps just a little more sassy than one would expect from the time period. But this is fiction and that's what I appreciate about this book! This is the final book in the series, and I think I should have read them in order. However, the romance was solid and it was interesting to see how the mystery surrounding the villain was solved. [4 ...more
Gina Hott
Hott Synopsis:

There is always a catch.
Samantha has known for years that if she didn’t marry by her twenty-fifth birthday that she’d loose everything but she just can’t seem to put herself in the position her parents were in. She won’t subject herself – or anyone else – to that misery.

So when the neighbor shows up offering to help Samantha uncover the mystery of who keeps breaking in she holds him & his offer of friendship at arms length… but this time it isn’t quite as easy.

Hott Review:

What
Rebekah Gyger
This was by far my favorite of the The Everard Legacy books. The Earl of Kenrick was a great hero was consistent through out the story. It the past books I felt like some of the heroes tried to pretend they were something that they were not. Samantha was also the most relatable of the heroines. I felt her pain in searching for love.

My one drawback was Jamie. I did not understand his character. He is supposed to be seventeen yet he acted more like a thirteen year old with an attitude problem. Som
April
Disclosure: This ebook was provided to me free of charge through NetGalley for the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments, and ratings are my own.

Really interesting tale that had my attention the whole time. The pace was wonderful and the characters engaging. Great dynamic in the relationship that made it very believable. Beautiful storytelling that entertained the whole time!

It had really great flow and did the job of making me think at times. I love a book that taps into my e
Rachelle
This is the final book of the series. I think the writing got better as she did the stories.
MariaFernanda
Having joined Samantha in the other Everard novels, I was excited to see her happy ending and I was not disappointed. She was a very realistic heroine and her relationship with the other characters was inspirational. This was my favorite in the Everard series not only because we got to see our old friends/characters, but because Regina Scott added many interesting things like how to fence and play games, things like that that really enriched the story's plot. The faith portion of the novel was a ...more
Janis Kay
This was a sweet story :) Samantha and Will are so young at heart -regardless of their age- I LOVED their wittiness!!! (if that's a word hehe) And since they both emphasize the need to live and not just survive, their's just screamed a perfect match ^_^. I also thoroughly enjoyed the added mystery of who was stalking Samantha. It just took me a while to figure out that this story takes place years after Vaughn and Imogene's story (me being a tad dense lol).

**Semi-Spoiler**

Can I please know if/h
Kristen
Fun to read Samantha's story in the final book of this series. She is a great character. Mostly good story line - got a little wordy towards the middle, then picked back up in the end.

Moral Note: Clean language, clean romance (could have had a few more kisses), mild violence. Christian elements were very present, but not overbearing.
Haley
I didn't know that this book three out of four in a series when I read it. You don't need to read the first two to fall in love with the third. I will, though, read. The others now.
Harlequin Historical
Miniseries: The Everard Legacy
Category: Inspirational Romance
Kathy
Review to come.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Dec 17, 2014 05:46PM
  • The Reluctant Earl
  • The Earl's Honorable Intentions (Glass Slipper Brides, #3)
  • The Outlaw's Redemption (Charity House, #6)
  • Love on the Range
  • Family Lessons (Orphan Train, #1)
  • The Bride Next Door (Texas Grooms, #2)
  • The Aristocrat's Lady
  • Engaging the Earl
  • Johanna's Bridegroom (Hannah's Daughters, #6)
  • The Bridal Swap (Smoky Mountain Matches, #2)
  • The Governess and Mr. Granville (The Parson's Daughters, #2)
  • Healing the Soldier's Heart (Brides of Waterloo, #3)
  • An Inconvenient Match
  • The Wedding Journey (Irish Brides, # 1)
  • Their Frontier Family (Wilderness Brides, #1)
  • A Royal Marriage (Protecting the Crown, #1)
  • Groom by Arrangement
  • The Runaway Bride
Regina Scott started writing novels in the third grade. Thankfully for literature as we know it, she didn't actually sell her first novel until she had learned a bit more about writing such as vocabulary, sentence structure, and plot. After numerous short stories and articles in magazines and trade journals, she got serious about her novel writing. The Unflappable Miss Fairchild was her first nove ...more
More about Regina Scott...

Everard Legacy (4 books)
  • The Rogue's Reform
  • The Captain's Courtship
  • The Rake's Redemption
La Petite Four The Rake's Redemption The Rogue's Reform The Courting Campaign (The Master Matchmakers, #1) An Honorable Gentleman

“Trust is like a fencing foil; it's not effective unless you extend it.” 0 likes