Start by marking “The Love Shack (Beach House No. 9, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Love Shack (Beach House No. 9, #3)

The Love Shack (Beach House No. 9 #3)

Return to USA TODAY bestselling author Christie Ridgway’s Crescent Cove, California, where
the magic of summer can last forever…

Globe-trotting photojournalist Gage Lowell spent carefree childhood summers in Crescent Cove. Now that he desperately needs some R & R, he books a vacation at Beach House No. 9—ready to soak up some sun and surprise old friend and property mana
Published March 26th 2013 by Harlequin HQN (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Love Shack, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Love Shack

Amanda
Mar 28, 2013 Amanda rated it really liked it
I'm happy and sad. I was very happy when this popped up on my pre-order, because I forgot that I had pre ordered it. It is always a great day when a new book comes in that one is anticipating. I'm sad because this is the last one in the series. Ridgway is a new-to-me author, and I have been glomming her work recently. This book is great like her others. Characters with depth, good dialogue, and a story that unfolds at just the right pace. I loved catching up with the characters of Beach House No ...more
Jo (My House of Books)

We move back to the core characters who'd grown up at Crescent Cove, focusing on Skye and Gage. We finally learn what has Skye so jumpy, though I had predicted something similar at the beginning of the second book when she's startled in the office.

Both Gage and Skye are suffering from PTSD, and while Griffin was experiencing a type of trauma related to his grief and what he'd witnessed in Afghanistan, both Gage and Skye are alike in that the trauma was directly inflicted upon them.

The
Sara
Feb 09, 2013 Sara rated it liked it
Would have totally gotten 4 stars if it wasn't for the totally sappy ending. (view spoiler)
I was a bit disappointed that Gage's career didn't make a big impact on the book. I kept waiting for the passages about Gage taking some kind of stunning pictures of the cove
LaFleurBleue
Nov 16, 2013 LaFleurBleue rated it liked it
The twins are not the best characters, as the hero in this one shared quite a few faults that had already irritated me about his brother in the first book, mainly his inability and unwillingness to communicate.
Otherwise the story was rather sweet and I really liked how the hero helped the heroine to rebuild her self-confidence. The villain was obvious from a very long time and some events in the book, ie. talks about the treasure location with external witnesses around surprised me.
The secondar
Linda
Jun 19, 2013 Linda rated it liked it
Shelves: from-library
Another solid 2.5, that's it for the whole series and same formula--two couples for an "A" and "B" story, first couple tied to some form of PTSD. In this case, the female heroine also has her own form after a traumatic home invasion.

Gage and Skye are likable enough as are Polly and Teague. This resolves a mystery thread along with the other issues. A bit of an epilogue that is very satisfying, then reverts back to the present time. Fine summer series but not compelling enough to reread.
Tessa Teevan
Mar 29, 2013 Tessa Teevan rated it really liked it
This was a really fun, heartwarming romance that featured two love stories at once. I loved both couples, and was enchanted throughout the entire book. Ms. Ridgway is a favorite in the contemporary romance arena.
Ruth
Apr 06, 2013 Ruth rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this story, but could have lived with far fewer intimate scenes and far less description of them. Full review http://rannthisthat.blogspot.com/2013...
Andrea Hussey
Mar 13, 2015 Andrea Hussey rated it it was ok
Susan
Mar 09, 2013 Susan rated it it was amazing
Fantastic conclusion to the series. Gage and Skye had been friends since they were children. They recently got close again when she started writing to him. Gage has returned to Crescent Cove for some much needed recovery time. He is also looking forward to spending some time with Skye, whose letters were a bright spot during some very dark days. When he gets there she doesn't seem to be that thrilled to see him and seems awfully jumpy too. Both of them are fighting demons that only the other one ...more
Darlene
Mar 18, 2013 Darlene rated it really liked it
I only have a certain type of romance novel that I like to read and I figured by the description of The Love Shack by Christie Ridgway that I would like it and I was right! This was a light, easy read with of course a good smattering of hanky panky within the pages and I really enjoyed it. I like fun romances and The Love Shack fit that description but it had a seriousness to it as well that I think added a depth to it. This is the final installment in the Beach House trilogy and while I imagine ...more
Shirley Frances

Gage has returned to Crescent Cove to unwind after a harrowing experience in the field. He wants to spend some time with Skye, his pen pal while he was away on his assignment. He also wants to find some peace of mind and get over some of the demons he has brought with him from his last assignment. He wants to relax, unwind and maybe hook up a time or ten. He is not, however, looking to find a woman that makes him deal with his past and reconsider his future.

Skye remembers Gage fondly fr
Romance and Fantasy for Cosmopolitan Girls
Romance and Fantasy for Cosmopolitan Girls
Ed ecco un altro bellissimo romanzo scritto da Christie Ridgway. Si tratta del terzo della serie e spero non sia l’ultimo, perché mi piacerebbe leggere altro di quest’autrice davvero brava, capace di racchiudere emozioni in uno sguardo o in un gesto.

Anche in questa storia ritroveremo i personaggi dei primi due romanzi e ci sarà una coppia che si scoprirà attratta e innamorata: Teague e Polly. La finestra sulla spiaggia ci farà conoscere Skye e Gage. Lor
RomReader❤️Spoiler Giver❤️
Heroine has been corresponding by letters with international photographer Hero for years. They knew each other since they were kids vacationing during the summers at a beachside California town. But they haven’t since each other since then. Hero surprises her with an unexpected visit to the beachside town where she lives & she is disconcerted by it. She hasn’t told him about the trauma she had that made her hide her femininity with baggy clothing. He hasn’t told her about his insomnia due to ...more
Morgan Wyatt
Oct 04, 2013 Morgan Wyatt rated it liked it
Clarification: I want to rate it 3.5

The Love Shack by Christine Ridgeway is part of the Beach House No. 9 series. Quick summary for all those unfamiliar with the series, a vacation bungalow colony located on the West Coast contains one special cabin. It’s number nine and has the same properties as Love Potion No. 9. People tend to fall in love within the walls of this cabin.

Skye Alexander, manager of the Crescent Cove Colony, wonders if it isn’t time to leave the place. Her former boyfriend, who
Christi Snow
Jan 25, 2013 Christi Snow rated it really liked it
My Review:
I have really, really enjoyed this series...even more so than I expected to. I've been intrigued by Gage and Skye from book #1, mainly because it's been obvious that both of them are keeping secrets.

Gage is Griffin's (hero book #1) twin brother. He's a war photographer and recently went mysteriously MIA while out on assignment. He rented out Beach house #9 incognito, but Griffin recognized the name that the two of them always use when trying to hide.

Skye and Gage have been writing ba
Mary

HQN, $7.99, 382 pages, Amazon ASIN 0373777159
Part of a series

Grade: B
Sensuality: Hot

The Love Shack is the follow up book to Christie Ridgway’s Beach House No. 9. In Beach House, we learn the story of Griffin Lowell and Jane Pearson. In The Love Shack, the story shifts to Gage Lowell, Griffin’s twin.

Like his twin brother Griffin, Gage Lowell is an artist who tells the stories no one wants to see. While Griffin uses words to paint a pic
Romancing the Book
Apr 19, 2013 Romancing the Book rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, contemporary
Posted on Romancing the Books blog
Reviewed by Molly
Review Copy From Netgalley

And Ms. Ridgway has done it again! She has taken me back to the heart of the Cove and captivated me with more emotion and more characters that have become my second family. I jumped into this story not knowing what to expect between Gage and Skye, but what I got was more than what I expected! I loved seeing them in the first books, catching them in the background. They were wonderful characters then, and now……well, now
Cee
Jan 09, 2013 Cee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Janga
Jan 21, 2013 Janga rated it really liked it
There are no big surprises here, but Ridgway continues to give her readers a combination of tenderness and steam, and those who like friends-to-lovers stories get a double serving in this novel. Skye and Gage have a long history together dating back to those childhood summers. There’s even a reference to a painting by Skye’s mother that shows the two playing on the beach as children. The letters they exchanged that helped Gage stay sane when he was caught in a situation that posed physical and p ...more
Sherri
4.5 Stars

This is the first book of Christie Ridgway’s that I’ve read and it will not be the last. The Love Shack is the third book in the Beach House No. 9 series; however, it can be read as a stand alone novel. So don’t hesitate to pick it up since it’s the third book.

The Love Shack centers around Gage and Skye, but there is also a heart stealing secondary romance between sexy fireman Teague and Skye’s friend Polly. I can’t decide which I liked best; so I’m ecstatic that I don’t have to choose.
Katrina Epperson
Aug 22, 2013 Katrina Epperson rated it it was amazing
This was the first book in this series that I have read. I enjoyed this book. The author really knows how to bring the reader into the story quickly.
This story revolves around Gage and Skye, also gives you a story abt Polly and Teague.
Gage is a photo journalist who, while on assignment, was kidnapped. He has used the excuse of his brother Gil's wedding to take a break, but with a new assignment on his agenda. He returns to Crescent Cove, where he spent summers as a child and thinks of as home.
S
Kimberly
Apr 01, 2013 Kimberly rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Review written for www.books-n-kisses.com

This is the last in the Beach House No. 9 trilogy and I think it might have been the best of the three. Beach House No. 9 is magical or so the summer visitors say and with this last book in the series they might be right.

Gage returns back for a harrowing experience overseas to the woman he believes to be a friend and pen-pal but there is something more. Something that each of them is dealing with internally and while they tell each other almost everything
Audel
Feb 28, 2016 Audel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dernier tome de cette série.

Il s'agit ici de la romance que le lecteur attend depuis le premier tome. En effet, le personnage de Skye est le lient entre tous les tomes.
C'est aussi l'occasion de retrouver Jane et Griffin dont le frère jumeau Gage est de retour à Crescent Cove. En outre, leur mariage sert de conclusion à l'ensemble de la trilogie.
Comme dans les tomes précédent, l'un de nos deux protagonistes principaux a subit un traumatisme, cette fois c'est Skye. Reste donc à découvrir si Gage
Becky
Mar 22, 2013 Becky rated it really liked it
This one was my favorite from the series (would be tied for first with book one, really, except that I wasn't totally convinced of Griffin's "cure" at the end, which bumps this one up a bit). It was gratifying to see Gage and Skye finally reunite in this one--the inclusion of some of their letters during the time they were pen pals was a lot of fun and a nice touch. I liked that their issues were believable and their conflict realistic--too many books I've read lately just feel so...forced. Sure ...more
Sep 16, 2014 Laura rated it really liked it
Rating: 4 of 5 stars
Sensuality: Hot

I have not read any of the other books in this series. As always when I pick a book of order in a series, I was a bit concerned that I would feel like I missed something. I do not feel as though I missed anything. This book worked fine as a stand-alone book. I can see how reading the other books would enhance the backstory, but it would not change the story between the couples.

The book follows not one, but two different couples. The main couple is Skye and Gage
Michelle
Mar 29, 2013 Michelle rated it really liked it
A fun conclusion from Christie Ridgeway in the Beach House No. 9 series. When we first met Skye in book one you could tell that she harbored feelings for photojournalist Gage and because she was wearing baggy clothes, I was almost hoping for a secret baby story line. As we learn in book two, they had not seen each other in years so alas, no secret baby. What we do discover in The Love Shack is why Skye has undergone the changes she has and how she’s dealing. Gage has just returned from an overse ...more
Daniela
Mar 01, 2013 Daniela rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned-paperback
The third installment of the Beach House series. It was actually two romances rolled into one. Just like in the other two books, the author lets bloom the romance between Gage the world traveling thrill seeking twin brother and the the cove siren his lodestar, Skye. The second romance is between Polly the kindergarten teacher who is secretly in love with Teague, the easy going firefighter.

Just like in the other books, there is so much going on. The scenery was so descriptive. The personal issues
Kelly Moran
Apr 11, 2013 Kelly Moran rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-reviews
Photojournalist Gabe Lowell spent his childhood summers in Crescent Cove with his twin and local girl, Skye Alexander. While deployed overseas, he got through that hell by reading Skye's letters and imagining himself back there on the beach. But the image in his head didn't come close to the real woman. Skye has been harboring a secret crush on Gage for years. She hadn't seen him in so long, she figured her heart was safe, until he returns for one month on her Cove, and stirs up more than just l ...more
Beth Mills
May 27, 2013 Beth Mills rated it liked it
The Love Shack--book 3 in the Beach House #9 trilogy--will please fans of the previous two books as it brings secondary characters from the earlier books front and center. Skye Alexander is trying to keep the little beachfront resort in Crescent Cove going, while hiding from everyone the trauma that has her slouching around in baggy clothes trying to be invisible. Photojournalist Gage Lowell has rented Beach House #9 to try to recover from trauma in his own life and to reconnect with Skye, a chi ...more
Victor
I have enjoyed this series and have had many satisfied days reading about Beach House No. 9. To rate one book against the other in this series doesn't do justice to the whole. As one of my favorite writers Christie Ridgway doesn't disappoint in bringing me a smile and inward contentment after reading her works. This particular series however left me wanting more and wishing such a place could really exist with these characters as part of it. Escaping to the Beach House is therapy to the mind and ...more
  • Barefoot by the Sea (Barefoot Bay, #4; Barefoot Bay Universe, #4)
  • Anything But Love (Cupcake Lovers, #3)
  • Some Like It Hot (Razor Bay, #2)
  • Crazy Thing Called Love (Crooked Creek Ranch, #3)
  • Seeing Red (Firefighter, #3)
  • No Strings Attached (Barefoot William, #2)
  • The Unexpected Wedding Guest (The Wedding Season, #1)
  • Too Hot to Handle (Jackson, #2)
  • Be Mine: Sizzle\Too Fast to Fall\Alone With You (Jackson, #1.1)
  • You're The One (Bad Boys of Red Hook, #2)
  • A Shot of Sultry (Sultry Springs, #2)
  • An Act of Persuasion (Tyler Group, #2)
  • Run to You (Military Men #2)
  • All Wrapped Up (Pine Mountain, #5)
  • His Until Midnight
  • Night Maneuvers
  • Two of a Kind (Fool's Gold, #11)
  • Faking It to Making It

Beach House No. 9 (3 books)
  • Beach House No. 9 (Beach House No. 9, #1)
  • Bungalow Nights (Beach House No. 9, #2)

“Her eyes rounded. “They don’t open until eleven.”
“Unless you’re me, and you strike up a conversation with the prep cook who starts work at seven.”
“Ah.”
“Get your mind out of the gutter,” he said, uncurling his forefinger from around his own cup to point it at her. “His name is George and he has a wife and three kids.”
“My mind’s not in the gutter!” Well, not since she woke from a twenty-minute midnight doze during which she’d imagined herself stretched out on her bed, Gage standing at its foot, slowing stripping off his clothes.
He grinned at her, then reached into his front pocket to pull free a slim camera. Still juggling his coffee, he managed to bring the viewfinder to his eye and snap a shot. “I’ll call it ‘Guilty as Charged.’”
“That’s an invasion of privacy,” she said, frowning at him.
“I think that blush indicates that you’ve been mentally invading mine.”
“Gage!”