Start by marking “Playing the Dutiful Wife / Expecting His Love-Child” as Want to Read:
Playing the Dutiful Wife / Expecting His Love-Child

Playing the Dutiful Wife / Expecting His Love-Child

Playing the Dutiful Wife

Learning that the husband she'd tried to forget has spent the past year falsely imprisoned in Brazil and needs her to visit him is the last thing Meg Hamilton wants to hear. But she will play her part, in exchange for Niklas's signature on the divorce papers! Except she hadn't bargained on their mind-blowing connection being as undeniable as ever. L

Mass Market Paperback, Harlequin Presents #3121, 256 pages
Published February 19th 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

Be the first to ask a question about Playing the Dutiful Wife / Expecting His Love-Child

Penny Watson
PLAYING THE DUTIFUL WIFE...Holy crap. This story is BIZARRE. And not in a good way. Here are some things that happen...

1. Heroine meets hero on plane...before the end of the flight, they have fooled around and decided to marry. Even though the hero has no interest in marriage. Coz sure...that's normal.

2. They marry in Vegas, and the next day he dumps her like a hot potato.

3. A year later she is notified that her husband is in jail and she has to show up and give him information via a CONJUGAL VI
Marimarime
Feb 15, 2013 Marimarime rated it it was amazing
WOW (review for-Playing the Dutiful Wife-)
So I wont forget,hero is an orphan and I really liked the way it was treated in the book we`ve got glimpses of both sides,what if you don`t succede.This is one of the best reunited stories,and the fact that their time apart isn`t few years made me even happier!
Man meets girl on long distance flight from Australia to US,both flying on business,he couldn`t get first class so is annoyed with it and pretty(strawberry-blond,green eyes)girl beside him is nervo
Dalia
Feb 15, 2013 Dalia rated it really liked it
Playing The Dutiful Wife
This is love at first sight. Meeting on a long distance flight, Niklas and Meg end up married at Las Vegas. But fate intervenes. A year later, Meg discovers that her estranged husband has been in prison in Brazil and that she is the only hope to rescue him from an unjust life sentence.
This is not your typical HP. There is tension, there is suspense. There is passion. An intriguing storyline. Well developed characters. Niklas is a closed person, an extremely guarded man
Mimapdx
Feb 27, 2014 Mimapdx rated it did not like it
A little research (not even a good one) would have helped this book not to become one of the worse stories I've ever read. Pathetic.
Lu Bielefeld *read.laugh.love*
O herói é brasileiro.
Jenny
Feb 18, 2013 Jenny rated it did not like it
Most boring Harlequin I've ever read. Plus it didn't make ANY sense...
Tia
Feb 03, 2013 Tia rated it liked it
The first story in this two story novel was kind of boring and seemed really split up. It wasn't a nice continuous read for me. The end seemed like the best part. I wasn't too impressed. 2 stars.

The second story in this two story novel was already read and reviewed under it 'Carol Marinelli - Expecting His Love-Child'.
Sigrid
Mar 28, 2015 Sigrid rated it it was amazing
Some presents authors I read are a bit hit and miss but Carol Marinelli never fails to deliver a satisfying read. If it's by Marinelli, I'll buy it every time - and she is the only author I read consistently in the medical romance line. I just adore her voice.
Sue Child
(Review for Playing the Dutiful Wife)

Now one of my all-time-favourite Presents.

Ms Marinelli maintains the fast pace whilst delivering depth of characterisation, deeply emotional, a unique plotline with an edge. One of those rare books that demands at least one re-read. Definitely wow!
Crystal
Mar 20, 2013 Crystal rated it really liked it
I loved being able to read 2 books in 1. I thought that it maight be about the same people are had the same people in it but it didn't.

I can't figure out which one that I liked the most. I will just say that I liked them both the same.
Rae T
Jul 01, 2013 Rae T rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Something about this book left a bad taste in my mouth... I don't know... The plot was not cliche, but it wasn't well executed either.. Or maybe, I just didn't like it. lol.
Lena Papanikolaou
Dec 12, 2014 Lena Papanikolaou rated it really liked it
Πρωτότυπο το θέμα του! Αν είχε λίγο περισσότερη ένταση θα το έβαζα 5 δαγκωτό!!
Vilmarie Santos
Jul 26, 2013 Vilmarie Santos rated it it was ok
Shelves: harlequin
i just couldn't get into it
Sashana
Sep 04, 2013 Sashana rated it really liked it
Harlequin Books
Category: Classic Romance
Lovemesomelove
Nov 22, 2015 Lovemesomelove rated it it was amazing
Playing the dutiful wife was a very gritty departure for a harlequin I believe. I loved the twist in the story and how it all worked in the end.
a.ka
Sep 19, 2014 a.ka rated it it was amazing
cute :)
Kay Walker
Apr 29, 2013 Kay Walker rated it it was amazing
Loved this book
Trizia Quilala
Trizia Quilala rated it it was amazing
Oct 12, 2014
dolores boersma
dolores boersma rated it really liked it
Mar 28, 2017
Mwegert
Mwegert rated it really liked it
Apr 16, 2013
Arige
Arige rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2014
Seleana Jenkins
Seleana Jenkins rated it it was amazing
Oct 25, 2016
Katya_Mee
Katya_Mee rated it it was ok
May 07, 2013
Elise
Elise rated it it was amazing
Nov 11, 2015
Veta
Veta rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2015
Thais da Mata
Thais da Mata rated it it was ok
Jul 09, 2014
Barbie Brinkley
Barbie Brinkley rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2014
Jackie Nelson
Jackie Nelson rated it liked it
Apr 22, 2015
  • The Fallen Greek Bride / At the Greek Boss's Bidding
  • The Princess and the Outlaw
  • Imprisoned by a Vow
  • Aristides' Convenient Wife  (A Mediterranean Marriage #9)
  • Master of Her Virtue
  • Wedding Night With A Stranger (Presents Extra)
  • The Dark God's Bride Trilogy (The Dark God's Bride, #3)
  • The Merciless Travis Wilde (The Wilde Brothers, #3)
  • Captured by the Sheikh (Rivals to the Crown of Kadar #1)
  • More than a Convenient Marriage?
  • The Greek Tycoon's Virgin Wife
  • Strangers in the Desert
  • Unlocking her Innocence
  • Wife for a Week (Bennett #1)
  • Sold to the Enemy
  • Awakening
  • The Couple who Fooled the World
  • Mistaken Identity
Carol Marinelli was born in England to Scottish parents, then emigrated to Australia, where there are loads of Scottish and English people who did exactly the same, so she’s very at home there.

She lives in the outer suburbs of Melbourne—pretty much in her car, driving her three children to their various commitments.

Carol writes for the Harlequin Presents and Medical lines and she also writes conte
More about Carol Marinelli...