Start by marking “Tactical Advantage (The Precinct: Task Force #3) (The Precinct #19)” as Want to Read:
Tactical Advantage (The Precinct: Task Force #3) (The Precinct #19)

Tactical Advantage (The Precinct: Task Force #3) (The Precinct: Task Force #3)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  141 ratings  ·  23 reviews
His only job was to protect her - not to get her into bed

When his coinvestigator was attacked just moments after Detective Nick Fensom left the scene, he swore he'd never let her get hurt again. Thanks to their tense relationship, criminologist Annie Hermann wasn't happy to have Nick as her newly appointed protector. And although Nick couldn't blame her, being together 24/

Mass Market Paperback, Intrigue #1408, 224 pages
Published March 5th 2013 by Harlequin (first published March 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Tactical Advantage (The Precinct, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tactical Advantage (The Precinct

Rhonda
4STARS

Tactical Advantage (The Precinct Task Force, #3)

Now I have read 2 out of 3 task force books I want to go read the first one and I want the final book of the series. I have no
patence to wait for the next book.
There is a serial rapest that leaves a rose and no clues. Till now the women have survived except for the one that was a copycat.
Now another woman has been raped and murdered. Someone is going around cleaning up after the rapist.

Annie is alone in the ally gathering anything she can b
Lisa
I believe this is my first Julie Miller book. I'm a big fan of romantic suspense and i have really good luck with Harlequin's Intrigue line. This was no exception. Nick and Annie were like oil and water. Didn't mix. Annie has a sad background though. Her parents were killed in a car accident when she was a young girl and she had a fiance who dumped her when she wouldn't conform to what he thought she should be. After being hurt and left alone so many times she's insulated herself from any kind o ...more
Silverana
The beginning was not exactly what I expected. The whole idea of the rest of the story was that Nick felt guilty about what happened to Annie. But I didn’t feel the guilt too much from him. He felt guilty and took responsibility but the emotions didn’t seem as strong as the blurb made me think they would be. There wasn’t a detailed description to show that he deeply felt regret for what happened.

I did like reading about Nick worrying about his sister and Annie and loved how he was very protectiv
Susan
Very good book. The search is continuing for the Rose Red Rapist and this time it is Annie who has been threatened. As the crime scene investigator for the task force she is the one who gets called out when there has been another incident. She was attacked while looking for evidence and the evidence was stolen. Nick felt guilty because he had not been close enough to protect her and swore it wouldn't happen again.

I really liked both Nick and Annie. They have been sniping at each other from the
Paula Legate
A few months ago I read (Kansas City Cowboy) so this book is a nice follow up. I really enjoyed the banter between Nick, and Annie. Nick and Annie and the KCPD are trying to solve the red rose rapist case. Annie is a CSI, and a criminologist, and Nick is a detective. Annie gets mugged when she is processing a crime scene, and Nick feels guilty, thinking he should have been there to protect her. Nick vows to protect her from now on, even if she is head strong, and doesn’t think she needs his help ...more
Debbie Heaton
In Miller’s romantic suspense novel, Detective Nick Fensom leaves the crime scene for just a moment when CSI Annie Hermann is attacked. Determined to keep her safe, the co-investigators are teamed together for better or worse. With the Red Rose Rapist still at large, no woman is safe and Annie has stumbled across evidence that just might blow the case wide open providing she isn’t hurt first.

Fast-paced, action-packed, exciting addition to The Precinct series.

Asma Mighri
I loved Annie and Nick's story, I was actually very excited to read their story and I'm so happy I'm not dissapointed.... This is one of my favorite Julie Miller books so far.

Annie was just as I envisioned her to be, a smart woman with wit and a kindness I loved, she and Nick were perfect for each other and we got to see their bickering that I love so much.... Nick was just as amazing.. He was protective and sweet and said all the right things 'sigh'.... I loved the bond between the two and how
Crystal
I'm a bit bemused. it doesn't happen often that you run into what amounts to a clean romance, but there you have it. Our H is protecting our h and getting under her skin and... at the end of the book, there is the idea the HEA is around the bend, but it's not here NOW. And the H/h haven't gotten around to inserting tab A into slot B because... they're busy working on the case (imagine that!). Granted, just ending a book with a promise of a future is odd. OTOH, the fact that many of these romanti ...more
Yessenia
The search for the Rose Red Rapist continues. This time we learn more about Annie Hermann and Nick Fensom.

Annie is doing her work,as a criminologist, in the crime scene of the last victim of The Rose Red Rapist. Accompaning her is Nick, along with his nicknames for her,like slugger. When Nick goes to make a call, Annie is attacked by a man who steals her kit and all the evidence. Nick feeling guilty, promise to protect her.

Is in that time they spent together, that they start to realize they're
Suzy
This is the 25th book I have read in this series of related series. I Started with the Taylor Family and proceeded with the various Precinct sub-series. The only bad thing is three more and I am all caught up and will have to wait for any additions.

Each book is like coming home to old friends.
April
Disclosure: This ebook was provided to me free of charge through NetGalley for the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments, and ratings are my own.

Really interesting tale that had my attention the whole time. The pace was wonderful and the characters engaging. Great dynamic in the relationship that made it very believable. Beautiful storytelling that entertained the whole time!

It had really great flow and did the job of making me think at times. I love a book that taps into my e
Kirsten *Dogs Welcome - People Tolerated"
A solid piece of romantic suspense. What makes it a little interesting is that it didn't end all tied up in a nice package. The real mystery started before this book started and looks like it'll end after this book ends. A lot of times books like this don't have a particularly good mystery plotline. It's usually just there to put the hero and/or heroine in danger. This was one was nice as it seemed to be more than that. I am going to go and read the rest of this series.
Robin
Tactical Advantage is another excellent volume in Julie Miller's Rose Red Rapist series. I loved that when I thought I knew what was coming next wasn't what happened. Having read all of Julie's books I didn't find this one predictable at all. Though it was shorter than it could and probably should have been and didn't have the steamy love scenes it still didn't let me down. Great job, Julie! I'm anxious to read more....
Thi
This book was an ok read. I felt the ending was a bit abrupt and confusing. First there is a rapist. Now there is a cleaner cleaning up after said rapist and then there are people helping the cleaner clean up after the rapist. And the cleaner might be a woman? Huh? I really really want to know when are the good guys going to catch the bad guys.
Dana
I loved this book. It was fast paced, with plenty of emotion, humor, and suspense. Although it was a romance, there were no explicit scenes. The characters were both intelligent people who had their own baggage and life situations to deal with. Very satisfying read. Can't wait for the next installment.
Wendy W
This book was very disappointing. I have read previous books by Julie Miller and really enjoyed. But not this book. It ended rather abruptly !!! As for the hero and heroine, I didnt see the process of how they fell in love. I will read another book by J. Miller, but I would not recommend this one.
Kristine Cassan
I was disappointed with the ending! I think that the book should have at least ended with help showing up for Nick and being taken to the hospital surrounded by family. Plus, a meeting of sorts for the Task Force to update everyone on what happened.
Lisa R. Brooks
Julie Miller proves that you can do great romance even without a sex scene. I loved the characters and the peak into the psyche of two coworkers, who thought they despised each other, realizing that the sparks between them are attraction not annoyance.
Hannah  Ruth
Apr 12, 2015 Hannah Ruth rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Yes
Recommended to Hannah Ruth by: no one
Loved it!!! She got "Nick" in the end it was so good too!
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Precinct: Task Force
Category: Suspense
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Precinct: Task Force
Category: Suspense
Meaghan Foley
Meaghan Foley marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2015
Merle
Merle marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2015
Carrie
Carrie marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2015
Sam Spencer
Sam Spencer marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2015
Sherry
Sherry marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Carmen
Carmen marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Grayson (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #1)
  • Guardian Ranger (Shadow Agents, #2)
  • The Marshal's Witness
  • Deadly Force
  • Dangerous Memories
  • Wrangled (Whitehorse, MT: Chisholm Cattle Co., #6)
  • Colby Law (Colby Agency, #48)
  • Navy SEAL Security (Brothers in Arms, #1)
  • Secret Identity  (Cooper, #8)  (Cooper Security, #1)
  • Confessing to the Cowboy (Cowboy Cafe, #4)
  • Fearless

Julie Miller is an award-winning, USA TODAY bestselling author of breathtaking romantic suspense--with a National Readers Choice Award and two Daphne du Maurier awards among other prizes. In 2009 she earned an RT BookReviews Career Achievement Award. Many of her more than
More about Julie Miller...

The Precinct: Task Force (6 books)
  • The Marine Next Door (The Precinct: Task Force #1) (The Precinct #17)
  • Kansas City Cowboy (The Precinct: Task Force #2) (The Precinct #18)
  • Assumed Identity (The Precinct: Task Force #4) (The Precinct #20)
  • Task Force Bride (The Precinct: Task Force, #5)
  • Yuletide Protector (The Precinct Task Force, #6)
Protecting the Pregnant Witness (The Precinct: SWAT #3; The Precinct #15) Make Mine A Marine Beauty and the Badge (The Precinct, #11) The Marine Next Door (The Precinct: Task Force #1) (The Precinct #17) Protecting Plain Jane (The Precinct: SWAT #2) (The Precinct #14)