Start by marking “Die Simpsons : der ultimative Serienguide” as Want to Read:
Die Simpsons : der ultimative Serienguide

Die Simpsons : der ultimative Serienguide

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  1,142 ratings  ·  42 reviews
Nearly a decade into their run, it's clear that The Simpsons is one of the best-loved and most influential television shows to come down the pike in a long while. If the show's attitude was a little less pervasive, this encyclopedic book would be aimed solely at Simpsons addicts. But that's not entirely true--Matt Groening and Ray Richmond have created a book that is essen ...more
Published (first published February 28th 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Die Simpsons , please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Die Simpsons

Robbie Bashore
This book lets me experience the joy of one of my favorite shows of all time whenever I want or need a good laugh. It also serves as a valuable resource when I just *have* to know the exact words to a favorite quote. A downside is that, although it was pretty up-to-date when I bought it, there have been lots and lots of episodes since this book was published. Truthfully, I rarely get to watch the show anymore, so I personally wouldn't notice the difference. Still, the shows I have seen have prov ...more
Catherine Smith
because i am a Simpson;s fan when i saw this book i coul not resist the temptation of picking it up and reading it. this book basically talks about the series and the different episodes with added facts and stuff about the scenes and what the writers were thinking and aiming for. this book is like the way to get all the hidden scenes and learn about the deeper meanings of each episode.
Paul
Who knew that when this family first showed up on "The Tracey Ullman Show" that they would get their own show and that that show would become one of the longest running shows ever? If you're a fan of the program, you'll enjoy discovering the hidden jokes and other highlights from episodes past.
Sam "The Record Man"
I'm a complete and utter dork when it comes to Matt Groening. I'm just shameless... what can I say.
Justin
Not really one you read, but a catalog of every episode: so great!!
MizzSkitelz757
I Want to read This Book
D.M.
I've had this book since it came out, but I think this must be the first time I've actually sat down and read the entire thing. I almost wish I hadn't, because it is a fairly flawed book. Sure, it is what it purports to be: an episode guide to popular prime-time cartoon The Simpsons, up to the point of its publication (it covers all the Tracey Ullman shorts, and seasons 1-8). If it had stopped with just the synopses, writers, directors, and profiles of key characters (even including the laboriou ...more
Robert Kiehn
The Simpsons: A Complete Guide to Our Favorite Family
is a well written book, covering the first 8 seasons
also some of the funniest ones) of our favorite family.

The book is loaded with page after page of useful information
about each episode (often limited to one page though but
still plenty of info per page) with colorful images, quotes,
trivia, character descriptions (from almost every character,
from God to Homer)The Stuff You may have Missed (items and
references you may have missed in an episod
T.I. Berndt
In my teenage years (not _that_ long ago), whenever I would sit down for a meal, I would read this book and it's subsequent sequels. Literally, for years, and yet somehow I never grew bored or tired of it. In fact it's still in my possession, only now it's essentially held together with many, many rubber bands. Shotty spine or getting every penny's worth? You judge.
Alastair
The perfect collection for the golden years of something that became the best television show of all time, and one of the greatest treasures in my life (even to this day).
Andrew Miller
As a middle aged child, The Simpsons comic books were my favoriate, as I was given the background of all of the whacky characters from the television show, and was able to read more about them and the events that surronded them even after I already watched that week's show. Matt Groening, the screen writer for The Simpsons similarly writes the comic books - which keeps the comedy very similar to the actual shows, the reason I was reading the comic books in the first place. Children watch too muc ...more
Brad
As a reference book, pretty interesting. As a book to read consecutively, not very rewarding.
CJ
Oct 30, 2014 CJ rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who love and I mean LOVE the tv show The Simpsons.
This book is great at telling you about a huge chunk of the Simpsons history. Every season from the beginning to season eight is covered in detail that would vary from simple episode descriptions to geeky know-it-all info. It is great! Probably the best one that ever came out since they lessened their season listings with seemingly every other new volume since this one.

No rating since I don't feel there is no reason to.
Eliseo P
This book is Horrible book.This is that kind of book you dont even want to read again.Not even Horrible can describe it all i can say is that i dont even have word for it its that bad.
Its all about how it describes the setting and the characters it doesnt have any thing funny and the simpsons were made to make people laugh not make people want to puke of lack of laughing . I dont recommend this book to anyone
Nick James
A great Simpsons book that gives a complete episode guide on all episodes, including the Tracey Ullmann shorts, from seasons 1-8. It is very detailed and great, giving episode plots, quotes, trivia, and it also points out easter eggs you might have missed in episodes. It's a book every Simpsons fan should have. After every episode I watch, I always look at that episode's page in the book.
Alex
This was a great book for a Simpsons fan. It goes through each and every episode and includes trivia and memorable quotes. It was a lot of fun to read!

It only runs through season 8, though, but that was okay with me since I think the seasons after that started to go downhill, and the newest seasons are unwatchable. This book showcased the brilliance that the Simpsons once was.
Natalie Pietro
I love the Simpsons and this book was a great addition to my Simpson collection. Each page is a episode. Starting with season 1 and stopping at season 8. Each page has little tidbits and facts you never thought you knew. Little thing you must look for each episode only a true Simpson fan could see. It was fun quick read and a great book to go back and reefer to.
Gary Geiger
For years, the Simpsons were my companions when I got home from work. My sister Melanie turned me on to this show and eventually gave me this book as a gift. It is almost as good as snpp.com!
Donald
Oct 30, 2007 Donald rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All Simpsons Fans
This book was published just before the sad decline of this once magnificant television show. It's bittersweet to read the plotlines from its classic heyday and contemplate how basically the same people could be responsible for the puerile, predictable episodes for the past several seasons.
angrykitty
this is the first of the books that give details about eaach simpsons episode. it's a must have for any simpsons fan. i mean, where esle are you gonna find a book that gives not only classic quotes from episodes, but also the literary references for the episode?
Alan
bought this and a few others (eg simps-o-rama, one of the best ones) ostensibly for my kids, but I love them too, obvioulsy. This one - which can stand in for all of the ones we have - details episodes and biogs of all the characters. Wonderful.
Jenn
Dec 30, 2008 Jenn rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who likes the simpsons
Shelves: quick-reads
this book is great for trivia Q's. it shows all the episodes of the simpsons for the first couple of seasons. it gives a summary of each episode, a character first introduced in that episode, and facts and quotes from each episode.
Deniz
Very thorough guide to each episode with a plot synopsis, list of special characters, and all sorts of other info. I used this as my go to source for reference for photos when making clay figure Simpson characters when I was a kid.
Mark
It does "exactly what it says on the tin", with a page per episode. Some pages seem stuffed to the gunnels, some aren't. Your enjoyment will depend entirely upon your love of trivia and The Simpsons.
Annette
I got this for my son several Christmases back but I ended up reading the whole thing. The best parts are the hidden jokes on signs, etc. listed for each episode aired before this print date.
Kat
Well that was exhaustive... and exhausting. I think there's nothing there I can't already find on the snpp.com site. (SNPP stands for Springfield Nuclear Power Plant, incidentally.)
Tere Garza
This is a good reference to check some of the old episodes ( which, in my opinion are better than the new ones) Just enjoy it!
Molly
Play-by-plays for the first few seasons of The Simpsons along with lots of trivia and character bios. I enjoyed it.
Ayne Ray
The Simpsons is one of the best examples of modern satire available. Jonathan Swift would be proud.
Will Maclean
i like the Simpsons series because it has pictures and it is aquick read
  • The Mystery Science Theater 3000 Amazing Colossal Episode Guide
  • The Complete Fawlty Towers
  • The Complete Monty Python's Flying Circus: All the Words, Vol. 2
  • Mike Nelson's Movie Megacheese
  • Family Guy: Stewie's Guide To World Domination (Family Guy)
  • The Simpsons and Philosophy: The D'oh! of Homer
  • More Letters from a Nut
  • The First 200 Years of Monty Python
  • Deep Thoughts
  • The Seinfeld Scripts: The First and Second Seasons
  • Of Mice and Magic: A History of American Animated Cartoons; Revised and Updated
  • Reading Angel: The TV Spin-off with a Soul
  • The Wendy Williams Experience
  • Hound of The Far Side
Matthew Abram Groening is an American cartoonist, television producer and writer from Portland, Oregon.

Groening is best known as the creator of The Simpsons. He is also the creator of Futurama and the author of the weekly comic strip Life in Hell. Groening distributed Life in Hell in the book corner of Licorice Pizza, a record store in which he worked.

He made his first professional cartoon sale
More about Matt Groening...
The Big Book of Hell Childhood Is Hell Love Is Hell Bart Simpson's Guide to Life: A Wee Handbook for the Perplexed Work Is Hell

“Welcome to Suckersville, man.” 14 likes