Start by marking “Man-to-Man Coverage: The Extra Point” as Want to Read:
Man-to-Man Coverage: The Extra Point

Read Book

Man-to-Man Coverage: The Extra Point (Man-to-Man Coverage #2.0)

3.88  ·  Rating Details  ·  193 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
Author Note: This story is a standalone sequel to Man-to-Man Coverage, which was a part of the Goodreads M/M Romance group’s Love is Always Write event. Man-to-Man Coverage is available as a download here on Goodreads.

This story is available as a download on this book page.
__________
STORY INFO:
Word count: 16,128
Genre: contemporary
Tags: established couple; coming out; c
Published September 10th 2012 by Nico Jaye

To ask other readers questions about Man-to-Man Coverage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Man-to-Man Coverage

Ann
Aug 12, 2013 Ann rated it really liked it
D'awwwww. That was great too.

Brad and Cam had a lot of ground to cover in this one, and the pacing and detail were done well again. I'm so happy these two have their family and their HEA.

I didn't mention before, but I love that there is actual football in these stories too. Not a ton, but enough to feel real and remind me that I'm reading a sports story (which I love).

Another win, off to the final . . . .
Justin
Aug 16, 2013 Justin rated it it was amazing

"It's your job to be you, and if that's sad or positive or out of this world certifiable, then that's you. And it's my job to love you just as you are."

Fantastic sequel to Man-to-Man Coverage!
Nico Jaye
Oct 10, 2015 Nico Jaye marked it as wrote-it-o__o-gasp  ·  (Review from the author)
This is the sequel to Man-to-Man Coverage and is available as a free download here on GR.

Man-to-Man Coverage: The Extra Point

Download the PDF, EPUB, and/or MOBI version HERE.

Enjoy!
Lori
Sep 11, 2013 Lori rated it it was amazing
Shelves: um-authored
These books were perfect shorts for an Autumn evening. I loved the characters of Cam & Brad. I loved that they started as rivals, but as they got to know each other the romance blossomed between them. I love it when a romance starts as friendship, it gives something extra to the relationship in my opinion.

As well as writing two fabulous main characters and a great supporting cast, I loved the detail Nico Jaye writes into her stories with regards to the American football game. I know nothing
Shelby
Nice and simple continuation of the previous series. I liked getting to see these two settling down into a real relationship together and fighting through to make the big step to be out and proud in professional sports. This one gets to stay at the 4 stars as there was nothing that niggled at my football brain too badly. ;)
Katy Beth Mckee
Mar 07, 2014 Katy Beth Mckee rated it really liked it
Shelves: series-books, m-m, sports
I loved seeing these guys grow together. They seem to be able to strengthen each other. Like the realistic view of the family. Glad to see it really coming together for them.
Tailtiu
Jan 18, 2013 Tailtiu rated it it was amazing
Shelves: free
4,5* upgrade because I love these guys and 3 free stories deserve it.
Sandi ♥'s way too many M/M books
Dec 10, 2013 Sandi ♥'s way too many M/M books rated it really liked it
Shelves: freebie-m-m
So good loved it! I love Brad!
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Oh, I loved this story even more than the first one. This revisits Cam and Brad three years after the original LIAW event story. I'm so glad the author wrote this sequel. These guys are great together and this story covers the period where they finally decide to come out as a couple and they even end up adopting Lock to become a family. So sweet!
Major English (Laura)
Jan 18, 2013 Major English (Laura) rated it it was amazing
Unbelievably good. Read this and the whole man-to-man series and you will not be disappointed. I could literally not put this story down! Loved the story! Loved the characters! Loved the love!
David
Nov 10, 2013 David rated it it was amazing
Just as good as the first. Almost shed a little tear for Lock and how that turned out.
Gavin Stephenson-Jackman
Aug 31, 2013 Gavin Stephenson-Jackman rated it really liked it
It's nice to see that things worked out between Cam and Brad.
Adara
Sep 14, 2015 Adara rated it really liked it
Shelves: free
This short follows Brad and Cam three years after they connected with each other the first time. This story gives us the aftermath of their decision to be with each other. They kept their relationship to strictly bromance in public, though essentially moving in with each other whenever their schedules allowed it.

This story is told from Cam's POV instead this time. Brad wants to finally go public with their relationship, but Cam's still hesitant because he's shy of media attention and things have
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ & MANTIES Champion
Nov 10, 2013 Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ & MANTIES Champion rated it it was ok
Recommended to Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ & MANTIES Champion by: Jo
Shelves: menz, freebies-n-fics
Way too much fluff.

I thought the first one was fluffy but this one simply drowned me in the fluff.
description
^^^^^not me but you get the idea.

In this installment, Cam & Brad, who are NFL QBs, publicly come out. Apparently, where Cam & Brad live is a land I like to call Utopia. There's a teeny tiny little blip of adversity with Cam's father struggling to accept Cam's sexuality which, of course, gets resolved in a kumbaya fashion. Once again, I found myself struggling to believe any of this was pos
melek
Jun 09, 2015 melek rated it it was amazing
Cam and brad have been together for a few years now and now its time to come out of the hiding. will coming out be as smooth as it can be and there is another additions to their family. With all that how will the media reaction and of course their family read this sweet short update of these guys still going strong.
Lisa
A follow up to Man to Man Coverage.
Brad and Cam are still together and are going to adopt Locke, so the time has come for them to come out as a couple.
A sweet, short story.
Alexis Woods
Wonderful followup to Brad and Cam's story, told from Cam's POV. Deals with coming out to both family and coworkers, adoption, loss and then family acceptance.
Julia
Sep 10, 2012 Julia rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to get an early preview on this one. It had the same charm as the first, same great characters, and we get this one from Cam's POV. Loved it all the way around. There were some sniffly moments for me, and some "Awww!" grinning moments for me, which I love. I'd say 4.5 because there was one scene I would've liked more on. Great, heartwarming free read from a wonderful new writer.
Margo - this job thing really screws up my ability to read/review
This continuation of the story is more about the main characters' romance and their coming out of the closet publicly. It's more romantic than hot and full of cheesy goodness. If you liked the first part of the story, then it's worth your time to read the second part. This is a free story which can be downloaded directly from Goodreads.
Audrey
Sep 10, 2012 Audrey marked it as wrote-it-as-nico-jaye-o__o-gasp
Shelves: man-love
The sequel to Man-to-Man Coverage. Available now to download as an ebook here.
Oct 07, 2015 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Heartwarming sequel told from Cam's perspective this time. Takes place several years after the first story and follows their relationship as it goes to the next level. I liked the first one a bit more, but still quite enjoyed this one.
Deanna Against Censorship
Nice to see the guys got their HEA even if this story was not realistic. I wish it was. More acceptance and minding one's own business would be great.
clear skies
May 19, 2013 clear skies rated it did not like it
A bit painful to read too overwritten and the characters were rather boring.
Nik
Jun 16, 2013 Nik rated it liked it
2.5 stars.

I enjoyed the first one more...
Connie
Sep 13, 2012 Connie rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: sports fans
Perfect ending for Cam and Brad.
Rachel
Feb 09, 2015 Rachel rated it really liked it
Remarkably drama free. Well written.
GlamLawyer
Aug 30, 2014 GlamLawyer rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-athletes
3.5 stars a nice sequel :)
JLS
May 11, 2015 JLS rated it it was amazing
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2016
  • Deep in the Count
  • Open Tackle
  • Playing The Field
  • Playing for Keeps (Unshakable, #1)
  • Breathing Snow
  • Rough in the Saddle (Rough in the Saddle, #1)
  • Synchronicity
  • Pillow Talk
  • Sixty Five Hours: The Twelve Days of Christmas (Sixty Five Hours, #1.5)
  • Love on a Wing and a Prayer
  • Sticking It
  • Out in the Deep End
  • Letting Go
  • Great Catch
  • Inhaling Smoke
  • Somebody Nice!
  • A Fragile Love
  • Tattoos & Tinsel (Tattoos, #2)
Nico Jaye is a fan of all things HEA and has dragged her romance collection along for her moves from San Francisco to Los Angeles to Chicago to New York and back. She thinks reading is awesome and loves that she can hang out night after night with crinoline-wearing debutantes, brawny firemen in suspenders, and werewolf shifters with Scottish brogues. An overall feline enthusiast, Nico secretly (or ...more
More about Nico Jaye...

Man-to-Man Coverage (3 books)
  • Man-to-Man Coverage
  • A Man-to-Man Christmas

“It's your job to be you, and if that's sad or positive or out of this world certifiable, then that's you. And it's my job to love you just as you are.” 8 likes