Start by marking “Can't Stop Believing (Harmony, #6)” as Want to Read:
Can't Stop Believing (Harmony, #6)

Can't Stop Believing (Harmony #6)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  558 ratings  ·  98 reviews
In New York Times bestselling author Jodi Thomas’s small town of Harmony, Texas, there’s always something brewing" (Fallen Angel Reviews). Now, a generations-old feud is about to come to a head—and the stakes couldn’t be higher with two hearts on the line…
Cord McMillan gave up his freedom at eighteen when he went to jail for a crime he didn’t commit. Now, ten years later
Published June 4th 2013 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Can't Stop Believing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Can't Stop Believing

Feminista
Loved it, but would have been much better if there weren't other non-main characters' povs.

I personally did not like Marty. I thought it was cruel for him to leave Lonny without a word and come back right when he is going to die, knowing that she loves him deeply and would be hurt by seeing him die in front of her. If her cared about her at all, he would have explained why he left her without a word knowing, because it would be absurd if he didn't know, that she was deeply and irrevocably in lov
Ririn

Back in Harmony...

It was a good and well written book. But, it lacks some intensity from the earlier stories.
The rating was given by the standard of others in this series, not individually.
Anne OK
Each time I open another of Jodi Thomas’ books for a return to Harmony, Texas, it’s like I’m sitting beside a cool flowing creek with the wind in my hair and the smell of fresh air all around me. It’s just that comforting. Nobody does small town characters and settings better. I fell in love with this cast of characters and their town the first time I visited, and I’m more than ready to return with each new release. With ongoing series, there’s always the chance that the momentum won’t continue ...more
Kristi (Books and Needlepoint)
This is book 6 in the series, and I have loved - loved - loved - the ones that I have had the good fortune to read! (Welcome to Harmony, Book 1; Somewhere Along the Way, Book 2; The Comforts of Home, Book 3) and really hope that I can fit the two I missed in my reading schedule! (Just Down the Road, Book 4; Chance of a Lifetime, Book 5)

I think the reason that I like her books so much is that her characters are flawed, which makes them so real. They have things in their pasts that they are ashame
Christine
Now THIS was a proper visit to Harmony !!
I have read the entire series, and after the last book left me a bit 'underwhelmed" , I wasn't sure if I should bother reading another in the series, but Jodi Thomas didn't loose any of her magic.
This book has featured my new favorite male character ever- Cord - I have a feeling the local prisons will have single ladies flocking at the doors in hopes of finding a man like him. (not that I would recommend that)
I wish , I wish, I wish, that the next harmon
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore

Since getting out of prison Cord McDowell’s entire existence consists of work and more work just to keep from losing his family’s farm. There is no time for even thinking of anything else, especially the wild woman who runs the ranch next door.

The only constant in Nevada Britain’s life is her love for her horses, but love will not save her ranch if she does not do something to stop her ex-husband. Her plan may be crazy, which fits right in with what the world already thinks of her anyway.

Cord is
SOS Aloha
You have to believe in yourself. - Sun Tzu

Jodi Thomas believes in Harmony, Texas, the setting for her small town contemporary series of the same name. I joined the series with Book 5, CHANCE OF A LIFETIME, and I was hooked. I was honored to be asked by Jodi Thomas to review Book 6, CAN’T STOP BELIEVING.

CAN’T STOP BELIEVING delivers a heartwarming story of women whose lives intersect - seemingly spoiled Nevada Britain, making it on her own Ronnie, and the landlord turned writer Martha Q. Nevada’
Cheryl
Years ago Cord McDowell was sent away to prison. Now that he is out, he is trying to make a new life for himself.

Nevada Britain’s family has had a long time feud with the McDowell’s. So you can imagine Cord’s surprise when Nevada offers him part of her land. There is just one catch…Cord has to marry Nevada. Cord has a condition as well…Nevada has to sleep in his bed every night for as long as they are married.

Jodi Thomas has done it again. She made me fall in love with her and all the people o
Betty
Cord McDowell returned to Harmony after six years in prison. The crime was actually just an accident, but with no one to testify for him, he had to serve out his sentence. Now he works as a mechanic at a local truck company. Its a skill that he learned while serving time in prison. He also works hard on the farm land that his parents left him. His parents both died while he was in prison and he has no friends to speak of. Ronny Logan who works at the local post office is one of the few who will ...more
Jani Brooks
Cord McDowell has been back in Harmony since being released from prison three years ago. Six years in prison for something he knows he didn’t do. Now his days are spent working hard in Tannon Parker’s trucking business, hollow inside, but determined to keep his family farm, no matter what. Cord just wants to live out his life on his farm, and forget the nightmare years. He’ll keep his head down, ignore the nasty looks and comments around him, and keep busy, saving every penny he can. And then al ...more
Eileen
By far one of the best books I've read this year! I love this series. I love how she weaves two or three storylines throughout one book. This one had me crying and laughing throughout. I loved so many things about this town of Harmony. Ronny Logan and Marty come back together in a heartwrenching ending but so sweet at the same time. That girl deserves some happiness in her life. Tyler and Kate bring another generation into the world and the baby received some wonderful baby gifts. Leave it to Re ...more
Linda
Jul 26, 2014 Linda rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone that likes Romance
Shelves: hardbacks, july-2014
I always like reading Jodi Thomas. I really like her historical westerns but her "Harmony" series is pretty good too.

It's a romance read with a bit of mystery & action added in!

Here is a write-up from Amazon:
Cord McDowell gave up his freedom at eighteen when he went to jail for a crime he didn’t commit. Now, ten years later, he’s about to give it up again for a piece of land. Nevada Britain, his neighbor, has just made him an offer he can’t refuse: If he’ll marry her, she’ll sign over a sect
Amanda Ainge
I don't remember how I stumbled across this series, but I love it. This author tells a sweet story, without making the book trashy, in more of a real time setting. Nothing in this series feels rushed. And I like the characters! Hallelujah! I get my happy ending without smut. Or over the top angst. Or a ridiculous premise (for the most part). I hope this series continues for a long, long time.
Angela Noviana
Jodi Thomas adalah salah satu penulis baru untukku walaupun sebenarnya beberapa buku dia sudah diterbitkan dan diterjemahkan ke dalam bahasa Indonesia, tapi aku belum tertarik untuk membaca karyanya waktu itu.

Waktu beli novel ini di Periplus, alasannya adalah karena harganya murah (lagi diskon 50%) dan sinopsisnya menarik. Awalnya aku kira ini adalah historical romance, ternyata contemporary romance. Dan aku juga gak tahu kalau ini berseri >,< Hahahahahha...

Jodi Thomas membawaku ke dalam s
Linda
A heartwarming story about citizens of Harmony, Texas. Returning to Harmony after being released from prison left Cord McDowell a cold and unfeeling man. Nevada Britain was the neglected daughter of a wealthy oil man and the ex-wife of a man who used his wife for a punching bag. When Nevada came to Cord and asked him to marry her, he was flabbergasted but agreed with her terms. Cord relished the hard work that came with running a ranch and got Nevada's ranch back into shape while she ran the oil ...more
Nicole
I had high hopes for Can't Stop Believing and while I highly enjoyed the writing the plot just was not doing it for me. Maybe if the point of view of side characters had been left out I would have liked it more. Eventually it got to the point where I just skipped the chapters about the side characters.

Cord and Nevada were such a sweet couple. Neither one turned out how I would expect them to be and I loved seeing their usual situation start turning into a friendship and romance. Had the basis f
Jacqueline
Really enjoyed this convenient marriage story. Lots of believable emotions. Lots of different storylines. Some real sad stuff and some beautiful romance. I might have to look up the rest of the series.
Chris
THIS SUMMARY/REVIEW WAS COPIED FROM OTHER SOURCES AND IS USED ONLY AS A REMINDER OF WHAT THE BOOK WAS ABOUT FOR MY PERSONAL INTEREST. ANY PERSONAL NOTATIONS ARE FOR MY RECOLLECTION ONLY.

I loved this series, only sad now since the next book is not avail on audio yet. Thanks to Good Reads for recommending her books since I read Debbie Macombers and Susan Wiggs books. :-)

Virginia Campbell
Every time author Jodi Thomas takes me to Harmony, TX, she shows me something new. Ms. Thomas is a superb storyteller, and my admiration of her grows with each book. The sixth book in the "Harmony Series" is "Can't Stop Believing", and it will make a believer out of you. Cord McDowell was imprisoned at age eighteen for a crime of which he was innocent. A decade later, having been free for several years, Cord works as a mechanic to keep from losing his family farm. Both of his parents died while ...more
Missy Jane
There really need to be more than five stars available just for books like this. Jodi Thomas has given us another fabulous peek into the lives of the citizens of Harmony, TX. I've grown to really care about this cast of characters, so much so that I was sobbing through a couple of the chapters as I shared one's heartache. This is a beautifully written story of love, loss, and moving on. The title is perfect.
This is mainly the story of Cord McDowell and Nevada Britain, two characters I don't reme
Patois
If some books can be judged by the numbers of tissues readers use to read them, this would be a multi-box story. There’s more poignant, bittersweet, thoughtful commentary on life and death here than in any other romance I’ve read in quite some time.

When he was a teen, Cord McDowell reacted while drunk and spent the next six years of his life paying for assaulting a peace officer. For the past three years out of prison, he’s worked as a mechanic in Harmony, Texas, and has run his family’s farm, h
Janga
4. 5 Stars

Cord and Nevada discover that together they can defeat any threat that comes against them from sociopathic former spouses to Harmony citizens who can’t let go of the past. While Cord and Nevada’s story is primary, Thomas weaves in threads from the lives of other inhabitants of the small Texas town. Tyler Wright and his Kate are awaiting the birth of their child. First-time parents in their mid-40s, they are filled with joy and terror. Ronny Logan, whose life was transformed by Marty Wi
Romancing the Book
Reviewed by Jen
Book provided by the publisher for review
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

I have been lucky enough to read and review most of this series. I feel like the characters are old friends and I always enjoy a return visit to Harmony.

While the blurb for this novel mentions Cord and Nevada’s story, there is actually another main plot running through the book. We finally reunite with Ronny and Marty. I was excited to see Marty return, but at the same time, I was heart broken.
Leslie
Rating: A

I love coming back to Harmony, Texas. There is always a warm welcome waiting for readers. The hero and heroine of book six are new characters which I thought worked well. We still get to see plenty of familiar characters but Cord and Nevada are the couple working on their happily ever after.

You can't help but feel for Cord McMillan. He has no choice but to put up with unfair treatment because of his past. And if that's not bad enough, he feels like he has no friends, no one there for h
Lori Twichell
I never cease to be amazed at Jodi Thomas, her characters and her writing. Each time one of her books comes to my mailbox, I am utterly delighted and waste little time pulling it open. I also get swallowed up in this tiny town of Harmony, Texas. When I finally lift my head from the book, it is always with disappointment that these characters aren’t real. It’s hard to believe that they are creations of someone’s imagination!

A tight plot wraps your mind into this small town mystery while shrouding
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Originally posted at http://smexybooks.com/2013/06/review-...

Favorite Quote: “One heartbeat past forever, that’s how long I’ll love you.”

Welcome back. Once again Ms. Thomas takes us back into Harmony, TX and submerges us in the lives and loves of this fictional town. In Can’t Stop Believing, we see the true meaning of forgiveness, second chances, and love.

Cord McDowell lost six years of his life when he went to prison at age eighteen for a crime he didn’t commit. Now, ten years later, he’s being
Carol  MacInnis
Nevada Britain is a young, beautiful woman, several times divorced and the owner of the 'Boxed B Ranch' and was struggling financially. Nevada had the reputation around town as the 'bad girl'. People say she was spoiled and always got her own way and when she was young, trouble seemed to follow her right into her troubled marriages. But when her financial woes were too much for her to handle as well as her last ex-husband who she was deathly afraid of, Nevada decided to seek her neighbours help ...more
Mary
I wasn’t sure what to expect when I read the synopsis of the newest book in the Harmony series. Not to worry though. This story of two broken people coming together in hopes of gaining what they thought was all they’d need in life is just what I’ve come to expect from Jodi Thomas – a book I didn’t want to put down.

There’s heartbreak, drama, mystery, humor, and a sweet love story. I should point out that reading the series from the first book is highly recommended but, if that’s not possible, Can
UberApril
Jun 07, 2014 UberApril rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to UberApril by: Amy Ikari
I actually liked this book despite it being a clean romance. I want my own Cord McDowell. He's such a sweet silent strong man that loves his wife so much. The only story plot that didn't make sense was why she married him. I felt the marriage benefited her way more than it did for him, initially. I mean she needed him more than he needed her and at the end they both needed their marriage. I didn't care for the secondary characters, I liked them but I wasn't invested in them like I did the H and ...more
My Book Addiction and More MBA
This book was awesome! I normally don’t like books with multiple story lines interweave, but Jodi Thomas is a master. Reading this book was truly like having a bird’s eye view into the quiet little town of Harmony. Thomas does a great job of incorporating characters from earlier Harmony books, as well as, introducing new characters to the series.

Cord McDowell has a wounded soul from circumstances beyond his control. His past has shaped him into an honest but cold man. Nevada Britain has had her
Get Lost in a Story: Best selling author Jodi Thomas 1 1 May 30, 2013 11:32AM
  • Larkspur Road (Lonesome Way #2)
  • The Most Unsuitable Wife (Kincaids, #1)
  • Reflection Point (Eternity Springs, #6)
  • The Homecoming (Thunder Point, #6)
  • When Snow Falls (Whiskey Creek, #2)
  • Joe's Wife
  • Mugs of Love (Stories of Love #1)
  • A Willow Creek Christmas (Willow Creek, #6)
  • Willowleaf Lane (Hope's Crossing, #5)
  • The Last Renegade (Bitter Springs #1)
  • Softly Falling
  • Half Moon Hill (Destiny, #6)
  • Castaway Cove (Shelter Bay #6)
  • West Winds of Wyoming (Prairie Hearts, #3)
  • Last Chance Beauty Queen (Last Chance, #3)
20273
I'm a New York Times and USA Today Best Selling author, wife, mother, in-law, grandmother, sister, friend, and owner of one fat cat.
More about Jodi Thomas...

Harmony (9 books)
  • Welcome to Harmony (Harmony #1)
  • Somewhere Along The Way (Harmony #2)
  • The Comforts of Home (Harmony, #3)
  • Just Down the Road (Harmony, #4)
  • Chance of a Lifetime (Harmony, #5)
  • Betting the Rainbow (Harmony, #7)
  • One True Heart (Harmony, #8)
  • A Place Called Harmony (Harmony series prequel)
The Texan's Wager (Wife Lottery, #1) When a Texan Gambles (Wife Lottery, #2) Welcome to Harmony (Harmony #1) A Texan's Luck (Wife Lottery, #3) Texas Rain (Whispering Mountain, #1)