Start by marking “Rewriting History (Secrets of Mary's Bookshop, #2)” as Want to Read:
Rewriting History (Secrets of Mary's Bookshop, #2)

Rewriting History (Secrets of Mary's Bookshop #2)

Mary’s Mystery Bookshop is hosting a very special guest: beloved mystery author Addison Hartley. Hartley gives an intimate reading to the fans gathered in the story, but Mary’s eyes are drawn not to the famous author but to a familiar face in the crowd. Could it be Mary’s best friend from childhood, Claire Wilkes? As soon as Mary moves to greet her old friend, the woman ...more
Published 2012 by Guideposts

To ask other readers questions about Rewriting History, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rewriting History

Jeannie
good read
Abigail Sands
Oct 03, 2016 Abigail Sands rated it it was amazing
I am thoroughly enjoying this series: currently reading #3 and already have 4 others in the series on hand. In the midst of the many stresses of life, I can pick up one of these books and disappear into the story. They are light, not heavy, which is what I need when life's chaos abounds, however, the stories are engaging, the mysteries are interesting and so far are different, not run of the mill. The various authors who are writing this series have so far done an excellent job of creating and ...more
Gayle
Apr 17, 2015 Gayle rated it liked it
This was an easy read, compared to the usual mysteries I read.

Mary hosts an author at her bookstore-Addison Hartley. I immediately became suspicious when she mentions he can't look her in the eyes. Unusual for an author who does book signings and later I found out my suspicions were correct. What surprised me about this event was that Mary had not read the book before the author came to her store, but had she done that it would have been a different story. She sees a woman at the reading she be
Anne Marie
Jan 05, 2015 Anne Marie rated it liked it
First of all, I want to live in this beach town and I want a job in this bookstore! Mary, the owner of this bookstore, certainly has a lot of free time, trying to figure out what happened to a childhood friend, Claire, and what she had to do with her deceased husband, John. Did anything come out of Claire's love for John...40 years ago?!? I admit this story was all right, but a bit too simple for me after reading murder mysteries and love triangles, etc. I kept on thinking John shouldn't have ...more
Debbie
Feb 09, 2015 Debbie rated it really liked it
As life would have it, I was due to fly back to Portland on January 9th, but due to weather/airline schedules, my flight that day was pushed back so they rescheduled me to leave the next day instead. While disappointed briefly, I was delighted it gave me another day with my sister and her family and gave me an opportunity to read another book in this series.

During a book signing, Mary spots the face of a childhood friend...someone she hasn't seen in quite awhile. She spends quite a bit of time t
Denise
Sep 17, 2013 Denise rated it liked it
Old friends are the best friends - even when you have not seen them in years! Mary is hard at work with her new bookshop, when she sees her old friend at an author event. However the friend slips away and Mary starts to wonder what has really happened in life sense she last saw her friend.

Nice easy book that makes you love life and those in it.
Ken Bickley
Apr 23, 2014 Ken Bickley rated it liked it
This is one of Guideposts' "Secrets of Mary's Bookshop" novels, each written by a different author. This one, particularly, is more romance than mystery; it probably will suit the women readers more than us men. (But what can I do? My wife is a subscriber to this series.) Nevertheless, I liked it, and recommend it as a gentle Christian-based story of suspicion and memories.
April Suter
Nov 06, 2012 April Suter rated it really liked it
Mary is enjoying owning her Mystery Bookshop and hires an assistant so she can have more freedom to solve her own mysteries. After inviting Addison Hartley, her favorite modern day writer, to speak at her bookshop, Mary reads his new book. It has a story line that is very similar to her husband and best friend's connection in high school. Why? Mary is on solving the mystery.

263 pages
Pat
Mar 31, 2013 Pat rated it really liked it
Mary gets a unwelcome surprise when she reads the latest novel by one of her favorite authors--her life told from an old friend's point of view. What is going on? Mary decides to discover who wrote about her!
Dee Schwinn
Nov 21, 2015 Dee Schwinn rated it really liked it
Although I kind of figured out some of the mystery, I enjoyed the book. Mary was dealing with the loss of a husband..and I have been as well so I could relate to that aspect of the story. The author had good characters, a good setting and a good mystery too.
May 02, 2015 Laura rated it it was ok
Easy read. The plot was an inch deep, most of which was in the main characters head by way of her worries. The best part was the bookstore and that's the only reason I picked it up.
Karen
Jun 06, 2014 Karen rated it it was amazing
I really love this series. I am getting to know the main character, Mary, very well. I love her faith in God and the relationship she has with her sister and the friends she is making in Ivy Bay.
Teresa
Jul 17, 2014 Teresa rated it it was amazing
Read it in a single day! This book was great! I really got drawn into it. I'm so glad I have the next one already on my desk to read. :)
Matthew
Matthew rated it really liked it
Oct 01, 2016
Joy
Joy rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2013
Patty
Patty rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2013
Missy
Missy rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2016
Sandy Smith
Sandy Smith rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2014
Liz
Liz rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2016
Violet
Violet rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2014
Norma
Norma rated it really liked it
May 08, 2014
Ann
Ann rated it it was ok
Sep 09, 2015
Connie Fales
Connie Fales rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2014
Tiffany Hill
this wasn't my book so I stopped reading it 4 chapters in
Leanne
Leanne rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2016
Lee
Lee rated it really liked it
Mar 07, 2014
Michele Geiger
Michele Geiger rated it liked it
May 22, 2015
Bookworm
Bookworm rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2015
Leona
Leona rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Madison Mega-Mara...: Rewriting History - 10th Feb Book 1 3 Feb 19, 2013 06:37AM

Secrets of Mary's Bookshop (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • A New Chapter (Secrets of Mary's Bookshop, #1)
  • Reading the Clues (Secrets of Mary's Bookshop, #3)
  • The Writing on the Wall (Secrets of Mary's Bookshop, #4)
  • By Word of Mouth (Secrets of Mary's Bookshop, #5)
  • A Book By Its Cover (Secrets of Mary's Bookshop, # 6)
  • Poetry in Motion (Secrets of Mary's Bookshop, #7)
  • Missing Pages (Secrets of Mary's Bookshop, #8)
  • Between The Lines (Secrets of Mary's Bookshop, #9)
  • By the Book (Secrets of Mary's Bookshop, #10)
  • Disappearing Acts (Secrets of Mary's Bookshop, #11)