Start by marking “The Customer Rules: The 39 Essential Rules for Delivering Sensational Service” as Want to Read:
The Customer Rules: The 39 Essential Rules for Delivering Sensational Service

The Customer Rules: The 39 Essential Rules for Delivering Sensational Service

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  83 ratings  ·  19 reviews
The former EVP of Walt Disney World shares indispensible Rules for serving customers with consistency, efficiency, creativity, sincerity, and excellence. Lee Cockerell knows that success in business – any business - depends upon winning and keeping customers.

In 39 digestible, bite-sized chapters, Lee shares everything he has learned in his 40+ year career in the hospitalit
Published March 5th 2013 by Crown Business (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Customer Rules, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Customer Rules

Taylor Ellwood
In 39 short, and to the point chapters, the author shares his experiences and lessons in customer service. Each chapter is packed full of good ideas and examples of how those ideas have been implemented. The author draws on not only his experience at Disney, but more importantly his experience as a customer to illustrate the rules of customer service. A lot of what is also shared is how to be a good leader and trust your employees while continuing to invest in their development. I'd highly recom ...more
Scott Buchanan
Lee was an inspiration and a mentor to me when I worked with him at Walt Disney World. He has many great ideas about leadership and definitely practices what he preaches. That said, this book contains a lot of fluff and I found nothing new or freshly-presented here (Sorry Lee). Instead, the content is, more often than not, common sense. Concepts like 'Be nice' and 'Know your customers' should be already mastered before opening a business or accepting a management role. There are some good exampl ...more
Clay Clark
I read Lee's first book, Creating Magic: 10 Common Sense Leadership Strategies from a Life at Disney and enjoyed it quite a bit. This book is a perfect partner to Creating Magic. It is relevant to any one in management who holds employees accountable that are in direct contact with customers. This book talks about the importance of taking responsibility for serving your customers whether its face-to-face, over a call, or from the office.

Lee talks about everything he has learned from his days as
Mtbike40
Lee Cockerell has done another great job putting together his latest book. The Customer Rules is a great book to read and think about. We all have customers, even if you are not in the retail business or the hospitality business, this book will have an application for your. As I read each of the 39 rules I kept thinking about all the different customers I have in my life. Yes I have my external customers that come from a variety of sources, but I also have many internal customers including my ve ...more
Shalynne Barr
This book was an easy read. The format was easy to follow as each customer rule had about a page or two for it. I liked all the examples that Lee used to demonstrate his points. I learned quite a bit and was reminded of things that I am not doing but should be when it comes to dealing with my own customers. Everyone who works with customers should read this book but I would also recommend this book to anyone who is moving into a customer service job for the first time.
Heather Buri
This book is clear, concise and to the point! Lots of great anecdotes to drive home the points. Read this book if you own a business. Read this book if you are in the workforce. read this book if you want to be able to separate the wheat from the chafe when it comes to businesses. There is a whole lot of chafe out there.
Jennie
An amazing book with practical advice for creating a customer service culture within your business. Thoroughly enjoyed reading the great advice contained within these pages and have begun implementing these guidelines into my company.
Queena
Excellent

Great points that are so easy to forget day to day. I love the true stories that evoke a feel good idea that I want to emulate.
Nita Costello
FABULOUS read for anyone working in a customer service role. I will listen to this audio again & again.
Sebastian Astuto
Great customer service related book from an EVP of the Disney family!
Robin Lewis
pretty good book especially about how to treat customers
Farrell
I love this book!! The shortness of the chapters made it easier to follow a long and absorb the information. I will definitely use this book in future references.
Ayelet
Having worked in retail, I am usually aware of customer service and how I should be treated as a customer. Now, I am even more aware. Good attitude, a willingness to try and not automatically say no, really go a long way.
Hunter Shea
Some of the tips to upping your customer service game are common sense, but when you're in the trenches every day, you need a little common sense kick to re-focus. This is a valuable little book that will lead to a big payoff.
Eric
Anyone dealing with guests should read this book. Lee tackles real-life issues that will place you in a position to succeed as an organization. Also be sure to read his first book Creating Magic.
Matthew
This book is filled with all kinds of great ideas to help you establish a culture of sensational service. Excited to share some of these rules with my team and "keep doing it better"
Deidra Lassalle
What a great book to renew your strength in your management role. Many pages I have printed for my employees to read. I look forward to reading his other books.
Keri
Lots of good tips that will help us make some changes at work. Very good and easy ideas.
Sue
Interesting, made me think.
M Mcquaid
M Mcquaid marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Tom Hamming
Tom Hamming marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Jill
Jill is currently reading it
Nov 14, 2014
Andy Kelly
Andy Kelly marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
William Mckinley
William Mckinley marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Andrian J
Andrian J marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Thinking in New Boxes: A New Paradigm for Business Creativity
  • Leading the Starbucks Way: 5 Principles for Connecting with Your Customers, Your Products and Your People
  • Repeatability: Build Enduring Businesses for a World of Constant Change
  • The Maker Movement Manifesto: Rules for Innovation in the New World of Crafters, Hackers, and Tinkerers
  • Carrots and Sticks Don't Work: Build a Culture of Employee Engagement with the Principles of RESPECT
  • The Human Side of Enterprise, Annotated Edition
  • How Did That Happen?: Holding People Accountable for Results the Positive, Principled Way
  • Fail Fast, Fail Often: How Losing Can Help You Win
  • Overcoming Fake Talk: How to Hold Real Conversations That Create Respect, Build Relationships, and Get Results
  • Disney U: How Disney University Develops the World's Most Engaged, Loyal, and Customer-Centric Employees
  • Leaders Open Doors: A Radically Simple Leadership Approach to Lift People, Profits, and Performance
  • Redesigning Leadership
  • The Male Factor [Faith-Based Edition]: The Unwritten Rules, Misperceptions, and Secret Beliefs of Men in the Workplace
  • Likeable Business: Why Today's Consumers Demand More and How Leaders Can Deliver
  • The Spirit of Kaizen: Creating Lasting Excellence One Small Step at a Time
  • The Business of Belief: How the World's Best Marketers, Designers, Salespeople, Coaches, Fundraisers, Educators, Entrepreneurs and Other Leaders Get Us to Believe
  • The Art of Negotiation: How to Improvise Agreement in a Chaotic World
  • Joy, Inc.: How We Built a Workplace People Love
Creating Magic: 10 Common Sense Leadership Strategies from a Life at Disney Magia : estratégias de liderança na Disney El Cliente Pone las Reglas: 39 Normas Esenciales Para Brindar un Servicio Excepcional The Customer Rules: The 39 Essential Rules for Delivering Sensational Service. Lee Cockerell The Customer Rules