Start by marking “To Marry a Duke (Duke, #3)” as Want to Read:
To Marry a Duke (Duke, #3)

To Marry a Duke (Duke #3)

Lady Allegra Humphrey knows her place is at the top of the aristocratic tree and she has no time for cits. If she and her twin brother, Richard, Lord Witherton, the Duke of Colchester wish to retain their position in society they will have to make compromises. Self-made millionaire Jago Tremayne now owns St Osyth’s Priory, Allegra's ancestral home, and is determined to own ...more
Published August 21st 2012 (first published February 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about To Marry a Duke, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Marry a Duke

Tonileg
Jan 25, 2015 Tonileg rated it liked it
Third book in this series which I'm not reading in order but it doesn't seem to make any difference as each book can be a stand alone.
Lady Allegra Humphrey is in trouble because her father gambled away the estate and all the family money and she is left homeless, with only her mother's jewels and her clothing to finance her future. Her twin brother, Richard is Lord Witherton, the Duke of Colchester and he now has an empty title unless her marries the rich merchant's daughter that bought out his
Emily
Sep 12, 2012 Emily rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Adult Women
Recommended to Emily by: ebook on Amazon
To Marry a Duke was a very enjoyable read. I found this ebook on Amazon, and I'm so glad that I gave it a chance.

It was a fairly quick read full of strong characters and a great story line. I thought that Fenella J Miller did an exceptional job with this historical romance.

This short romance has a nice balance of historical accuracy, love, seduction, and adventure. As far as romances go, I would rate PG, which was fine by me.

I recommend this novel to others. Happy Reading!

R
Jan 27, 2013 R rated it it was ok
Shelves: gave-up-on
Liza
Feb 08, 2016 Liza rated it did not like it
As in another book by this author that I read, there is far too much saying of things and then immediately wishing them recalled. I thought it was a quirk of the character's personality in the last one, but it applies to several people in this one. It was annoying. I don't always think before I speak, but after it's said there's no use wishing it undone and then capitulating my entire persona to make it up to the person I'm speaking to.

I lost interest in what happened to the characters around 45
JTM
Thankfully this was a freebie because I would have been pissed to have spent money on it. As it was that is time I won't get back. the book could have been a decent story but its became boring and tedious to read even when I skimmed.
The actions and reactions of Allegra, the heroine got old and I could not like her. I felt no sympathy for her situation and she wasn't likeable.

This wasn't a steamy read either, it was clean and boring.
Kirsten Lenius
Jan 26, 2013 Kirsten Lenius rated it liked it
There were a couple of things in this book that I don't feel are consistany with the way things were done in the period and there was too much of the instantly falling in love stuff for me.

That said, it had some rather nice characters and was a pleasant read.
Jo Notary
Feb 15, 2016 Jo Notary marked it as to-read
179pgs, Regency Romantic Adventure, a millionaire now owns their family home and wants to own her too. But someone will kill to stop this from happening.
Heidi
Heidi rated it liked it
Sep 25, 2012
SavageGrace
SavageGrace rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2014
Donna Windom
Donna Windom rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2014
Joanna
Joanna rated it it was ok
Mar 23, 2013
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2013
Molly
Molly rated it it was ok
Feb 26, 2013
Lourdes
Lourdes rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2016
Kathleen Taylor
Kathleen Taylor rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2015
Patty
Patty rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2016
Janille Dutton
Janille Dutton rated it liked it
Oct 12, 2012
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2013
Jenny
Jenny rated it liked it
Jun 06, 2016
Bella Rey
Bella Rey rated it it was ok
Oct 22, 2012
Alison
Alison rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2013
Bethany
Bethany rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2014
Wendy Wasiunec
Wendy Wasiunec rated it really liked it
Dec 19, 2015
Nikki
Nikki rated it liked it
Mar 12, 2013
Jenn
Jenn rated it did not like it
Aug 07, 2013
Jakub Pracny
Jakub Pracny rated it liked it
Oct 21, 2016
Ria Joy Mathews
Ria Joy Mathews rated it liked it
May 28, 2016
Brenda
Brenda rated it liked it
Sep 24, 2012
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2014
Nikki Hartline
Nikki Hartline rated it it was ok
Jul 16, 2014
Fenella Jane Miller was born in the Isle of Man. Her father was a Yorkshire man and her mother the daughter of a Rajah. She has worked as a nanny, cleaner, field worker,hotelier,chef, secondary and primary teacher and is now a full time writer.

She has over twenty five Regency romantic adventures published plus one Jane Austen re-telling and one YA romantic fantasy.