Start by marking “Playing With Fire” as Want to Read:
Playing With Fire

Playing With Fire

Fiona Nelson has always been one hot ticket—even before she took the conversion serum that gave her superhuman abilities. Fiona's powers come at a price: lack of human contact, or she won't be the only thing burning. When she loses control of her emotions, her fire powers run rampant...and she's hurt enough people already.

Including herself.

But when the man behind her conve
Published September 7th 2012 by Entangled Publishing (Ever After)

To ask other readers questions about Playing With Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Playing With Fire

Alana ~ The Book Pimp
I received an eBook from Entangled Publishing in exchange for a free review. My thoughts are my own and I did not receive any compensation for my review.

I found this book to be a short, easy read. It was slightly spicy and is definitely not meant for kids. It had this intriguing X-Man thing going on... and I loved that aspect of it. The 'back-story' was well explained (I thought) without dwelling too much on it and deviating from the story. I have to admit, if I had been given the chance and mon
Sep 25, 2012 Megan rated it really liked it
Novellas have never been on my radar. I fancy myself a hardcore novels only reader who stays away from short stories, novellas, flash fiction, and so forth. I don’t quite know why. It’s kind of silly. But when I heard about PLAYING WITH FIRE, I immediately decided I had to have it. I didn’t know why, nor did I care. I loaded it onto my Kindle, settled myself in my favorite chair, and stormed through it in a little more than an hour.

PLAYING WITH FIRE definitely had an intriguing plot. Following F
Oct 09, 2012 Sarah rated it liked it
Fiona's life went downhill when she was labelled a slut at school thanks to her close friend Ian and she spent the rest of her teens trying to live up to her reputation. But since she agreed to take the conversion serum and ended up with a rather uncontrollable power to create fire human contact has been impossible. Any strong kind of emotion causes her power to flare doing damage to anyone or anything around her so although she has tried to learn to control the ability she has had to become a l ...more
Heather Book Savvy Babe
3.5 of 5 Stars

With colorful characters and a superhero theme, Playing With Fire is a fun, quick novella to read. The story is centered around Fiona, a woman who has the ability to shoot fire. It takes a little bit to fully understand how she came into her powers and how all the characters fit into the story, but the result is an overall entertaining story.

At first, I was unsure as to how much I liked Fiona as a character. She had a very sexually active past, and some of the commentary about it w
R.E. Butler
Oct 03, 2012 R.E. Butler rated it really liked it
*I received this book from the publisher in exchange for my honest review*

I'm a big fan of Tamara Morgan's writing. I love her Games of Love series. I have always found her writing to be a perfect blend of light romance, humor, and action to keep me glued to the pages. As a romance reader, my interests vary greatly within the genre, bt trend more towards paranormal than contemporary, so when I found out she was writing a book about superheroes, I was thrilled because it was like the best of both
Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe)
Sep 24, 2012 Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe) rated it it was amazing

I am a huge fan of superheroes, and when I saw that Entangled was publishing a series of novellas about super heroes, I had to read them. It was a little scary at first, because I was afraid I’d be disappointed, but Playing with Fire by Tamara Morgan is a fun, action-packed introduction to the Holding out for a Hero anthology series. I loved this story, and it even featured one of my favorite tropes – the second chance. This read kept me entertained from the first page to the last, and
Oct 23, 2012 Rhianna rated it liked it
A bit flawed but a comicbook fan is likely to devour it.

Ian Jones had a good reason for rejecting Fiona Nelson all those years ago. He was the teenaged geek and she was a hottie with a reputation. When their paths cross this time it's not long before he suspects that she underwent the costly converstion treatment that's gifted people with supernatural abilities. He's been studying the effects of the conversion serum and trying to track down a specific firestarting criminal nicknamed Fireball.

Dec 18, 2012 Torzilla rated it it was ok
I like novellas, I really do. What I don't always like about them is the fact that the romance sometimes does not work very well. For me, such was the case in PLAYING WITH FIRE.

I did not understand the attraction between Fiona and Ian. They supposedly have a rough high school past, but Fiona just finds him so delicious that, despite those harsh memories, she practically turns into a puddle of goo internally when they run into each other at the start of the story. "Okay," I thought to myself, "I
Sep 08, 2012 Alexia rated it it was amazing
I was able to read this book early on and I loved it! And, I just want to say, I love geeky heroes. (I'll take an Ian please.) I thought Tamara did something interesting with this superhero book regarding Ian's work--something you'll just have to read the novella for yourself to find out.
Shai rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2014
Hunyum rated it liked it
Nov 21, 2013
Jenny  (hades2) (Chocolate Chunky Munkie)
Review to follow shortly.
Sherylcharles rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2014
Adrien-Luc Sanders
Adrien-Luc Sanders rated it it was amazing
Sep 10, 2012
Natasha rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2013
Seleena rated it it was ok
Sep 27, 2012
Elli rated it liked it
Dec 14, 2014
Khothy rated it it was ok
Mar 02, 2016
Tia Walker
Tia Walker rated it really liked it
Dec 11, 2014
Armi rated it liked it
Nov 27, 2015
Ely rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2014
Miso Hime
Miso Hime rated it liked it
Mar 30, 2014
Mar 02, 2014 Jess rated it really liked it
this was a quick read. I enjoyed the ebook I think they could make this into a good movie :)
Vicki rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2012
Wendy Sparrow
Wendy Sparrow rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2016
Harman rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2015
Hawk's Angel
Hawk's Angel rated it did not like it
Jan 12, 2013
Sonjipants rated it it was ok
Apr 19, 2015
Jan 02, 2013 Ellen rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, paranormal
Ian is a hot nerd, I'm in love.

Ms Morgan, please keep writing stories from this world!
Martha Gibson
Martha Gibson rated it it was ok
Apr 03, 2013
Reviews for the L...: Playing with Fire 2 8 Oct 15, 2012 10:30AM
Tamara Morgan is a contemporary romance author of humorous, heartfelt stories with flawed heroes and heroines designed to get your hackles up and make your heart melt. Her long-lived affinity for romance novels survived a B.A. degree in English Literature, after which time she discovered it was much more fun to create stories than analyze the life out of them.
More about Tamara Morgan...