Start by marking “Forever and Beyond (Ancient Legends, #5)” as Want to Read:
Forever and Beyond (Ancient Legends, #5)

Forever and Beyond (Ancient Legends #5)

Hidden from mortal eyes and divided into three factions are the creatures of darkness that coexist with mortals.

In the witches’ town Morganefaire, an ancient legend tells the story of a mirror that was once shattered into four fragments, each able to entrap a powerful soul.

Eighteen-year-old Amber is a struggling necromancer on a mission: help vampire Aidan stop the Prophe
Published 2012 by Aurora Press

To ask other readers questions about Forever and Beyond, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forever and Beyond

Allyson Rida
Review also on: http://chillinwithbooks.blogspot.hk/

Plot:

Wow, a cliff-hanger, that's rare in this series! I know from the Feature & Follow post this week that many actually hated cliff-hangers, but I actually really liked them ;) I don't mind waiting, but if the book comes out 2 years later than the previous book, I would be really pissed. I guess it all depends on how the cliff-hanger was set up and how long 'til the next of the series was out. In Forever and Beyond's case, I love the clif
B at Spare Time Book Blog
I have been a fan of this series since A Job from Hell and I have no idea how Jayde Scott is able to come up with such a gripping story with each book! Seriously, this was book 5 and I am still enthralled with this story. I was lucky enough to receive a copy from the author and couldn't put it down. Forever and Beyond is in our lovely Amber's point of view again. I really love these characters. Amber is probably my favorite. She has been through a lot recently. She is dealing with being a vampir ...more
Stacy Sabala
Oct 30, 2013 Stacy Sabala rated it it was ok
Book Review- Forever and Beyond by Jayde Scott

Amber and Aidan are now in Morganefaire meeting with the council trying to decide what the next step is. As they try to reason it out young women are being found dead. Amber starts her own investigation into what is going on. She now has a ghost named Julie to think about. Julie was the first girl found murdered and left behind by a reaper. Amber is shocked by that fact and knows something isn’t right.
The vampires are outsiders and the witches don’t
Aubrey
Sep 18, 2012 Aubrey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my favorite so far in the series, and now I am bummed that I have to wait to read the next one until October! Amber is getting more into her necromancer skills in this series, as she works directly with a ghost who died but does not know how or who killed her. Amber and Aidan's relationship continues, and it is better in this book because they aren't each trying to hide things from each other. That was pretty frustrating in the last book. The only thing I didn't like about this book was ...more
Mia
Sep 17, 2012 Mia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amber, the main character in this book, is a necromancer and a vampire, who thinks in such an amusing, self-deprecating and cynical manner that I had to laugh out loud and often. She is not the usual heroine you imagine: she is far from perfect. She is strong and in this book I could connect with her.
Although this book was very funny, what I admired most was the author’s ability to entrance the reader. There is non stop action from beginning to end. If there is something I can say about this ser
Laila
Sep 03, 2012 Laila rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved Dead and Beyond, so I was more than eager to jump into the sequel-and believe me, it did not disppoint. It was every bit as good as the last one and within 2 chapters I was hooked. I love the way the author develops her characters-makes them grow and makes them learn from mistakes. Noone in her book is perfect and yet she makes them so strong, likeable, unpredictable, and distinct that it's not easy to forget them. Whenever I've finished a book in this series, I already miss them. Beside ...more
Lori
Jul 28, 2012 Lori rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Rating: 3.5 Stars

First of all I have to say I absolutely adore Jayde Scott and all of the other stories in this series. However, this book left me a little disappointed and wanting a little more. I really felt like there was more story to tell, and the ending seemed abrupt, and completely took me off guard.

I enjoyed the story but felt like there were a lot of unresolved storylines from the last book and would've liked to have seen how Aiden and Amber resolved all of the things that happened in
Holly Douglas

Once again we follow Amber now a necromancer with Adrian as she starts to use her gift and solve some mysteries.
Still having to deal the supernaturals such as vampires, devil's daughter, voodoo priestess, The Shadows, a Seer and Ghost plus all the dangers of the Lore Court Succubus, and now Witches.
There is a prophecy of war and Aiden and Amber are trying to find allays.
There gave been murders in Morganfaire and Amber is determined to find at what is happening.

This book like the others in the
Claudia
Oct 03, 2012 Claudia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is it. THE perfect curl up book you want to read under a blanket no matter if it's raining, the sun's shining, or if it's night outside. What captivated me most about Forever and Beyond was the plot: the relationship between Amber and Aidan and the relationship between Kieran and Patricia, the spirit that is lost but wants so dearly help, the deaths of witches and accusations and the mystery about the witches town. This book was a delicious read. Sometimes I laughed and sometimes a chill we ...more
Joy
Sep 30, 2012 Joy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved the Ancient Legends books. In less than one week, I've read all 5 books. Right from the start each book is engaging. The story builds dramatically and the characters are varied and intriguing. But what I love most about this series is that you can read each book in the series on its own. There is always something in each book that is appealing. I find some characters (Kieran, Amber and Julie) incredibly hilarious. Even if they are just work of fiction with some paranormal, rom ...more
Amy
Sep 17, 2012 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had no idea what the book was going to be about. But i heard that so many people loved the ancient legends series so it must be good. I am always cautious when i read books because you just never know. But Dead and Beyond and Forever and Beyond are probably one of my favorite books ever. The characters are really likeable and its easy to just feel what they are feeling. I loved the concept of a mortal becoming a vampire then getting the choice to become human again. All this for a very reasona ...more
Danni Potter
Although I have thoroughly enjoyed this series of books, especially Aidan and Amber, I must say this one part of the series wasn't quite enough for me, personally.
I was expecting a little more to the plot, maybe a little more adventure or at least a new development to Aidan and Amber's relationship, or maybe Kirean's character being developed or more focused upon.
However, despite my slight disappoint I did enjoy this chapter in the series and look forward to the following book.
Anna
Apr 05, 2013 Anna rated it it was amazing
Amber visits the witch town for protection. Unfortunately for her, witches disappear and everyone becomes suspicious. A dead witch starts to haunt her. Amber has to work with her. With her help she finds out something that changes her life. Then she gets the chance also to become mortal and human again. Will she use this chance? And if she does, will it have consequences?
Oct 01, 2012 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A refreshing story filled with vibrant characters, feisty humor, and an irresistible romance that left me swooning for more. The premise is not something I usually will dig my teeth into but I found myself getting excited and blitzed through this book in a matter of hours...And that ending, it doesn't exactly help me to quit smoking as I am waiting for the next book in anticipation.
Shannon Parker
Jan 08, 2013 Shannon Parker rated it it was amazing
I think I read this book in 2 days! It was easy to get lost in her story and when it was over, I started from page one again just to get a different point of view knowing the story. It was nice to see her being strong but also see her weak. It made her more real to me. I can't wait to start the next book
Chera Pitsenbarger
Jan 03, 2014 Chera Pitsenbarger rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. however I wish the author would have concentrated more on the plot rather than the mushy stuff. as I said in my last review on this series, I love the mushy but sometimes it takes away from the book and puts me in the mind of a romance novel. not exactly what I was hoping to read with a vampire book.
Jenny Ng
Sep 04, 2012 Jenny Ng rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's difficult to express how I feel about Forever and Beyond in a typed review when it evokes so many emotions. In my head and with my hands, I can, but it's hard to write and put together on a keyboard. I would say I loved everything about it but even when I write this, it's still a vast understatement.
Christine
Sep 17, 2012 Christine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great follow up....at first i was swooning.. the chemistry between Aidan and Amber is amazing. And Kieran is super hot....by chapter 10 i was totally absorbed, unable to stop and had to laugh a couple of times at some scenes.. by chapter 17 was totally freaked out and kept checking my surrounding... all in good ways and by the end, I just wanted more.
Edlyn
Sep 10, 2012 Edlyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When you say Jayde Scott the words that come to my mind are spine tingling read, sarcastic strong characters, hilarious situations & value for money. Thankfully the author doesn’t disappoint me even this time.
Doreen
Sep 16, 2012 Doreen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've been dying to read this book for forever. Well, now I finally have and I am hooked! Insightful and addictive I am truly convinced that Scott is the master of scintillating and epic storytelling and plots that I am always incapable of putting one of her books down!
Kristi
Aug 31, 2012 Kristi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favorite Ancient Legends book so far. The ancient war background was very interesting and I can't wait to see which court wins. What I love about this series is that the books are funny but not mindless romance reads. There's actually an actual backstory and a world full of drama and intrigue.
Charles
Dec 27, 2012 Charles rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It was packed with adventure and has one hell of a cliffhanger ending! The only sad part is that so many of the great characters from the previous books are not in this one. Perhaps we will see them in the next.
Liz Adams
Sep 04, 2012 Liz Adams rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My fav new author! :) I bought Dead & Beyond and Forever & Beyond on a whim, and I am so glad I did!I loved Amber but I also loved Julie even if I am not really into paranormal stories. It took me a chapter or so to really dig into the book, but it sure does pick up after that!
Siobhan
Sep 17, 2012 Siobhan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I decided to purchase this. So very glad that I did! I had so many laugh out loud moments and moments where I just skipped work that my family was starting to question whether I was crazy or what? I literally found myself wanting to read it again when I was finished.
Judi
Jan 15, 2014 Judi rated it it was ok
Although I loved the previous books I feel like the author just stopped this one at the halfway point and closed up shop. Very few questions were answered and, after reading the preview of the next book they won't be answered anytime soon.
Melissa
Dec 24, 2012 Melissa rated it liked it
Even though I love Jayde Scott's books and the Ancient Legends series, this book left me so confused. I don't get the majority of the information that we're being fed and just can't figure out how it relates to the original storyline. I get the feeling that I missed a book.
Liz
Oct 03, 2012 Liz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beyond and Forever was thrillingly engaging, romantic, action-packed, seductive, tempting, funny, and had me on the edge of my seat. And begging for more once the novel ended. It was perfect- it wasn't too short, it wasn't too long. I loved the first 3 books, but this one was so much better.
Sally L. Stuart
Oct 01, 2012 Sally L. Stuart rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this author and her style of writing. I was not expecting much however this series is fantastic. The writing is so detailed and colorful that you can picture the characters as you are reading. Can't wait for the next book.
Sambo Gourley
Apr 29, 2013 Sambo Gourley rated it it was amazing
Loved it.
Nancy
Oct 03, 2012 Nancy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quick read. So exciting that you just want to finish the book, which is what I did in just
a few days.
  • Impassable Force (Force of Nature, #8)
  • Eye of Abernathy (Blood and Snow, #10)
  • Of Shadows and Ash (Maggie's Grove, #3)
  • Timeless (Immortal Love, #1)
  • Mermaid Mayhem (The Demon Isle Witches, #3)
  • Summon (Rae Wilder, #4)
  • The Thirst Within
  • A Tale of the Other Kind (Therian, #1)
  • Evacuation (Vaccination Trilogy, #2)
  • Untitled (Nine Lives, #2)
  • Shadow Watcher
  • Possessed (Arelia LaRue, #3)

Ancient Legends (6 books)
  • A Job From Hell (Ancient Legends, #1)
  • Doomed (Ancient Legends, #2)
  • Voodoo Kiss (Ancient Legends, #3)
  • Dead And Beyond (Ancient Legends, #4)
  • Shadow Blood (Ancient Legends, #6)

“As he grinned, a dimple formed on his right cheek. My heart quivered. Men like him should come with a warning: date at your own risk” 6 likes