Start by marking “Second Chance (First Comes Love, #2)” as Want to Read:
Second Chance (First Comes Love, #2)

Second Chance (First Comes Love #2)

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  914 ratings  ·  157 reviews
Can two drastically different, imperfect people be perfect for each other?

It’s been four months since Gray and Dylan have seen each other. Dylan’s been traveling in Europe, while Gray has college, baseball, and a life rooted in one place. Gray’s determined to forget Dylan, the girl he fell in love with in First Comes Love. Besides, how do you make a relationship work with
Published September 7th 2012 by Katie Kacvinsky

To ask other readers questions about Second Chance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Second Chance

Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuireWait for You by J. LynnThe Coincidence of Callie & Kayden by Jessica SorensenNever Too Far by Abbi GlinesLosing It by Cora Carmack
NEW ADULT 2013
301st out of 1,293 books — 3,600 voters
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireEasy by Tammara WebberFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesThoughtless by S.C. StephensEffortless by S.C. Stephens
College Romance
284th out of 867 books — 6,355 voters

More lists with this book...

Reem Hardan
*Spoiler alert*

Woow! the only way I can describe what I feel is that's it is exactly what Gray is feeling right now, I'm not happy about the ending but perhaps they will meet again, and it's just uuugh a wonderful book.
I loved it even more than the first one!
I can't wait for the next one!
"I stare out at the sunny horizon. And I’m surprised because I’m waiting for tears or pain in my chest but, instead, something heavy is lifting. It isn’t quite closure, but Lenny was right, I do feel better. I’m
Zemira Warner
May 02, 2014 Zemira Warner rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people with good taste
It's been over a year since I last read First Comes Love. It left a lasting impression on me. I wasn't expecting much. Just another contemporary story I'll forget soon enough. Boy, I was wrong. It was a breath of fresh air among other new adult novels with insufferable characters and stupid, pointless drama. Don't you want to read a real story for a change? Why bring up obnoxious players with six packs and insecure, beautiful virgins in the picture? Read something genuine instead!

Katie Kacvinsk
Heidi McLaughlin
Just saying this now SIMPLY AMAZING. Gray and Dylan define soulmates and true love.

So I bought this Sunday morning and finished... well Sunday morning. Needless to say I COULD NOT PUT THIS DOWN! Not that I would've because I love... LOVE Gray and Dylan.

I had no idea Katie was writing a sequel. Not many authors continue contemp stories which I find a shame because sometimes us readers what to know what happens after that HEA - not that Dylan and Gray had the average HEA, but they were close - esp
Aishah
Omfg just no. Omg the ending would have been perfect if for the fact that after that you read that there will be a sequel. I was at this point of no return from a full blown cry session and now I'm kind of sad because I feel spoiled by the fact that this wasn't the definite ending.

I think I liked the first one much more than this one because we spend so much time seeing Dylan and Gray reconnect with each other and they've already spent so much time apart. I'm not saying it isn't right because i
Alessia
Ho finito questo libro con le lacrime agli occhi.
La storia di Gray e Dylan è ancora più bella che nel primo libro.
Katie Kacvinsky ha creato due personaggi favolosi.
Sono felice che ci sarà un terzo ed ultimo libro. In caso contrario avrei passato il tempo da qui a Natale a piangere.
Laplumedelyla
I'm not great at reviews. At all. So here is an attempt to do to this book justice somehow.

Five stars aren't enough for this book. Let's say if I could I'll give it 2 thousand stars... Because that was AMAZING!
So Second Chance had officially joined his big brother First Comes Love on My Top 10 Favorite-of-All-Time-Books Bookshelf.

I didn't know there was a second book before yesterday. It took me like one nanosecond between the time of my discovery and when I rushed to Amazon to order it. That'
Eunice
If it wasn't for that little note from Ms. Katie about having a third book in the end I might have been still in bed bawling my eyes out.

Review to come. :)
ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥
actual rating: 4.5

give me a minute to stop crying *goes into a final sob*

if First Comes Love was awesome this is double awesome. This broke my heart in pieces over these two stubborn people.

This book starts about 6 months after the events in First Comes Love. Dylan is again on one of her journeys to find herself. Gray starts to get angry over this long period of travel and without keeping contact. He starts to move on but unfortunately (or is it fortunately?) Dylan makes and re-appearance in hi
Karla (Reads and Thoughts)
I think reading this book should come with a warning label:

CAUTION - side effects may include excessive swooning, accompanied by smiling from time to time, constant fool grinning, reminiscing steamy sweet scenes, withdrawal from the real world for awhile (sleeping and eating may be forgotten), endless bookmarking quotable quotes from the two awesome characters and deep sighs of contentment.

First Comes Love totally blows my hopeful romantic heart away and knowing that Gray and Dylan's story woul
Kayla
What the hell is going on with the sequels to every book I read? Seriously.

It was a bit dissapointing at times but mostly annoying. Everything was so damn perfect it made me mad. Gray is all emo and a stoner ever since he 'broke up' with Dylan (6 months ago and they dated for one summer? The fuck? I'm sorry, I just don't understand.) Dylan is in Europe, traveling and being her crazy self and actually believes she and Gray are okay and that he'll be her future husband.

First Comes Love was great
Janhvi
Second Chance is the sequel to First Comes Love. I'd read First Comes Love a few months back and thought it was a stand alone with a decent ending. Though it did leave you wanting for more. So I was pleasantly surprised to see Second Chance come out. I really liked Gray and Dylan so I was quite excited to see where they're stories were leading to.

Second Chance starts off a few months after First Comes Love. Dylan has been traveling in Europe while Gray is in college trying and not succeeding wit
Trini
WOW! It’s really weird but I’m both emotional but pacified by the ending of this book. This is a rear reaction for me but I think it’s because I really get these two main characters. Well at least I feel I do.
Dylan is Dylan. She is unique, talented, artistic, abstract, free thinker and sees the whole world as her playground. Holds nothing back and loves life to the fullest. Loves everyone!
Gray. He’s strong, loyal, athletic, hopeful, loving, understanding and accepting. Wants the full package wh
Anncleire
“Second chance” è l’incredibile seguito di “First comes love” una delle storie d’amore più belle che abbia letto in questo 2012 ricco di incredibili novità letterarie che mi hanno letteralmente conquistata. Questo libro è uno di questi. Non fatevi ingannare dalla copertina poco appariscente perché questa è una di quelle storie che ti prendono alle spalle, che finché non ci sei dentro con tutte le scarpe non ti colpisce. Ma io ne sono rimasta folgorata fin dalle prime righe.
Quello che ho apprezza
Komal
Joy (joyous reads)
Kim
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads .

I love this series. I found myself rereading the first two books before starting to read an ARC of Finally, Forever not because I forgot anything about the characters and the story, because they're truly unforgettable, but because I wanted to live in their world just a little longer. I was hopelessly lost in this book, Dylan and Gray, and all the emotions that came with it.
"I think falling in love should come with a warning label: CAUTION – sid
Damaris (GoodChoiceReading)
Second Chance takes you back into the lives of Dylan and Gray and their struggle to keep their love going.

When I first started reading it I was a little worried that it would be one of those back and forth relationships and that it would just drag out until the very end. I was wrong and I am so happy with the outcome of things.

Gray is tired of waiting for Dylan. He decides that he will no longer sit around and be depressed and love a girl who is so out of his reach. The book starts with Gray and
Lisa M
I started this 2 hours before I left campus to go home. And I finished it on the bus on my way to the LRT station, the book was really short, only 113 ebook pages.
Now.

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT ENDING

I honestly didn't expect that twist at all. I just gaped at my phone and people started to get off the bus and I couldn't move because WHAT IN THE WORLD WAS THAT

IT DID NOT JUST END LIKE THAT OMG

And I was immediately consoled by the fact that there is a third book. Thank God. My heart cannot take that
Trish
Apr 12, 2014 Trish rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Recommended to Trish by: my sistaafriend (; Love you ate nikki <3 <3
Shelves: red, euphoria, vehement
I'm crying right now....This is just....this is..wow...perfection....
They're so perfect for each other!! T_T..I'll be waiting for book 3, hopefully Dylan will come back to Gray then they'll live happily eva after.... I am so in love with their story (like srlsly u don't know how in love I am). I find it very inspirational, magical and red (I love the word red, it can substitute many words like anger, love, hurt, grudge, lust, and other strong emotions). I love the thought that Dylan doesn't use
Meagan
Please Note: If you haven't read First Comes Love, be forewarned there are probably spoilers! Oh, and go pick up a copy!

It's a fairly strong endorsement for a book that when I finish reading it, and find out there's actually a sequel, I buy it without question. With Second Chance, I needed to know what happened with Gray and Dylan, and it was actually hard for me to sit at my desk at work and not dive right into it.

We pick up months after their departure at the end of First Comes Love. Dylan has
Elisha Ruzgal
Tears. Tears. Tears. I passed up on sleep to finish this in one go.

I didn't enjoy Dylan here during the first few chapters. I felt like she was being selfish. But then I realized Gray had been a tad bit selfish too. Anyway, it's confusing to explain right now because I haven't sleep in more than 12 hours and after finishing the story, I've become suddenly so emo.

I love how the characters are made. They are so alive. Like they really exist. I rarely feel that when reading a book. I mostly just fe
Zoe and the Edge
I was cringing for the first half of this book. But when they work things out, it's back to happy feelings and yay, this is amazing. I liked this book because there are the regular teenage mistakes and blunders but the author really lets you understand it all.

Dylan and Gray are not on the same page. He thinks she's abandoned him and Dylan thinks Gray is happily living his life. They both know they're in love but Gray has decided he prefers boring and reliable over spontaneous and flighty.

I want
Kat
Gray:
Karla
Sometimes you fall in love with the most unconventional person. At the most unreasonable timing in your life. At the worst point in your life. And despite all of that, it was exactly what you needed. This is the basic story of the relationship between Gray and Dylan in the first book of this series, First Comes Love.
And all I can say is, the first book is no comparison to how this book completely shattered me.

Second Chance starts of six months after the ending of First Comes Love, and Dylan is
Liza Wiemer
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 ...more
Shreeka
well.. the ending sucked...
“Because from my personal experience, Dylan, falling in love with you is like jumping out of an airplane with no parachute. It's fun as hell, a rush of adrenaline, until the inevitable crash comes where you leave and my heart splatters all over the ground.”
though Dylan may seem selfish, i dont blame her..Gray's right she is like a butterfly, they are not meant to be caught.. But that didnt mean i was happy how things ended. My eyes teared up at the end. Ive still got
Dawn   (Team Dex) Nicholson
** 10 Amazing Stars **

'Maybe it's not the doors that open in our lives, but the doors that close that define us. That guide us. Because they force us to move on. Instead of thinking about what we lose, look at what we can gain. I know Gray closed this door to force me to open up all the other ones inside me. Outside of me. Around me. And now I'm stepping through'~ Dylan ~

I want to say so many things about this book, but I know if I do I will give out too much of the story for those who havn't y
Trisha
"We can't force it. We need to leave this one to fate."

some things are so beautiful they are hard to look at. they are so stunning, so perfect - that you wonder if it's real. If it could be real or more wonderful. Your heart races, your mouth raises in a smile...

This one IS that beautiful but it is also so sad.

This story broke. my. heart.
and even though I loved it, I loved being with Gray again - I want to hate them both for being so mature and grown up and non-selfish.

Don't they know?!?!? Fat
Simone
My heart hurts. Everything hurts.
I'm fearful. Optimistic. Desperate. Rejoicing. Crushed. Free.
This is a rare beautiful saga that I will cherish and smile upon.
Katie, thank you.
Megan
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I am so glad you continued Grey and Dylan’s story. This was a great sequel. I don’t think I could ever get enough of of them. Their chemistry, Dylan’s random thoughts/statements (some of the things she said had me laughing out loud), and how Grey understands her so well and they just fit so well together. I encourage everyone to read this book (after reading First Comes Love of course).

Also- I am excited about the third installment. What a great surprise! :o Can
  • Secret Life
  • Found (Lost & Found, #2)
  • Finally...One Summer (Just one of the Guys #2)
  • Sleepless (Bird of Stone, #1)
  • Any Other Night
  • Waiting for Mercy (Cambion, #2)
  • Collision
  • Smoke and Mirrors (Blood and Light Vampire, #2)
  • Scorching Secrets (Prophesized #2)
  • Stay (Stay #1)
  • Torched
  • Imperfect Chemistry (Imperfect Series, #1)
  • Running Barefoot
  • Perfectly Unmatched (Youngblood, #2)
  • Behind the Tears (Behind the Lives, #2)
  • Watercolor (Dragonfly, #3)
  • Collateral Damage (Cross My Heart, #2)
  • Reflection (Reflection, #1)
To find information about me, my books, or to contact me, please use my website. Thanks.
More about Katie Kacvinsky...
Awaken (Awaken, #1) Middle Ground (Awaken, #2) First Comes Love (First Comes Love, #1) Finally, Forever (First Comes Love, #3) Still Point (Awaken, #3)

“I think falling in love should come with a warning label: CAUTION—side effects may include breaking up, accompanied by heartache, severe mood swings, withdrawal from people and life itself, wasted hours obsessing over bitter reflections, a need to destroy something (preferably something expensive that shatters), uncontrollable tear ducts, stress, a loss of appetite (Cheetos and Dr. Pepper exempt), a bleak and narrow outlook on the future, and an overall hatred of everyone and everything (especially all the happy couples you see strolling hand-in-hand, placed on your path only to exacerbate your isolation and misery). All above reactions will be intensified with the consumption of one or more alcoholic beverages.” 66 likes
“Maybe it’s not the doors that open in our lives, but the doors that close that define us. That guide us. Because they force us to move on. Instead of thinking about what we lose, look at what we can gain.” 50 likes