Start by marking “Gabe's Alpha (Dark Hollow Wolf Pack, #4)” as Want to Read:
Gabe's Alpha (Dark Hollow Wolf Pack, #4)

Gabe's Alpha (Dark Hollow Wolf Pack #4)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  303 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Gabe is a typical young college student until the night he and his mother are attacked by a beast who kills his mother and leaves Gabe for dead. When Gabe discovers the beast who bit him was a werewolf, and shifts into a beast like creature at the full moon, he leaves his home and descends into a nightmare of drugs, alcohol and one night stands. As he’s camping in the wood ...more
Published September 10th 2012 by Secret Cravings Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Gabe's Alpha, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gabe's Alpha

MandyM
Not for me. This formulaic style with dumbed down characters and an annoying D/s scenario just puts me off.
Serena Yates
With another involuntary change of a human into werekin, this one via a brutal attack of an unsuspecting young man by a rogue, the story kicks off with a battle for the changed human. Gabe does pretty well for a whole year, and that may explain not only his reluctance to be dominated once his mate, Alpha Zack, finds him, but also his success at evading those attempts pretty successfully. It made me grin to see one of those macho dominants really struggle with a far more equal partner than was th ...more
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
I actually really am enjoying this series. I like the non-con type feel to it - and I enjoy the way the pack is structured and all the politics and Hunters associated with it. While each couple usually shares a similar beginning it does morph a bit and each "pet" has had his own personality. Some I'm more fond of than others. Here I thought Zack, unlike Marco, was more forward thinking and I could see greater potential for his part of the pack to be different than Marco's. At times this is campy ...more
Alyse
I'm getting tired of the same thing happening... Dom mate gets non sub mate, tries to make him submit, doesn't work out exactly they fight... In the end Dom mate still treats is pet as a child. Marco and Nicky's starting to annoy me because of the way Marco treats his mate. For once I'd love to see the point of view from one of the rogues mentioned in book 1.
Devildog
This was book four of the Dark Hollow Wolf Pack. I would give it a 3.0-3.5. Not as good as prior books in series.

Gabe was attacked by a beasty animal that killed his mother who was coming to his rescue. The bite that Gabe received was enough to change him into a beast. He would change into a wild creature on a full moon. To protect other people, he would go and camp in the woods around a full moon. On one trip, he is found by Zack who is the alpha of one of the packs of Dark Hollow.
The rest is
Fi Brit
Yet another great instalment of an increasingly good series. Sure it's the same formula as almost any shifter romance but as with the earlier books, it's told with a twist. Some of the differences are very subtle and seem to be contributing to an overall story arc that hasn't been revealed yet. I liked the fact that Zack accepted Gabe for who he was a lot more easily than the wolves from earlier books. His concerns were also of a more practical nature (stability of pack dynamics) rather than pur ...more
Polyamid
Now, I thought it started great. Gabe be all "yea" and "give no f*ck" then.. Zack enters the picture with all his alpha male and then Gabe opens his mouth and the story drops down to hell.

When I read what's it about, I was like;
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Then Gabe starts being childish, idiotic, and dumb.
Zack is weak, no alpha male, and stupid. He has no fighting spirit.

The book is weak. I don't like the characters are idiotic, lazy.
It's written in a childish way that makes it all worse.

So I recommend to you who has
Erticchic378
It had potential as a whole, but fell way short. The editing was a huge issue for me. It also felt like I was reading all of the thoughts the author was thinking when gathering ideas for the story and not the final draft. The flow really wasn't there. Things moved in a strange order. I'm disappointed.
Elisa Rolle
At first, Gabe’s Alpha seemed yet another topping from the bottom, omega versus Alpha plot. The main difference was the viciousness that was Gabe’s turning into a shifter, being raped and witnessing his mother’s murder. But as soon as Gabe met Zack, there was the comfort feeling of knowing what was happening, omega meets Alpha and they live happily ever after. Only that, instead of doing it out of love, to Gabe was more a way to avoid yet another painful shifting into a feral half man-half wolf, ...more
Tina
Gabe’s Alpha is the fourth book in the Dark Hollow Wolf pack series by author Shannon West. This installment is full of heartache and drama from the very start.

Gabe has a brutal initiation into becoming a werewolf. He almost dies from a vicious attack, and his mother is murdered right in front of him, pushing Gabe to the darkest place imaginable. When we first meet him, he is drowning in alcoholism, using booze to numb the pain. He really needs someone to help him and get him back to some semi-
Pamela Su
My opinion on this whole series can be found in the first book's review. That opinion applies to this book and I saw no point in saying the same thing over and over for the next 6 books.

Summary: Enjoyable story but disturbing themes that is potentially offensive to some readers.

This story was a bit odd to me. The whole ending and truth behind Gabe's traumatic turning experience came out of nowhere and was just plain...weird.
Crouck
I think this was West's attempt at real consent? I liked how enthusiastic Gabe was ... but there were still some iffy parts.
Moonlite_Reader
A true fckin brat. Literally everything Gabe did was for Zack's attention. I liked him.
Katy Beth Mckee
Personally, I think this series just gets better and better. This time we are with another branch of the pack so we get to met a new set of characters. Gabe is attacked and his mother killed. He is confused about what his happening to his body but he is smart enough to protect others. Zack is immediately drawn to him and helps him to figure out what is happening and what can be done to help. This time the danger to the pack turns out to be from within instead of from the outside. Also, we again ...more
Emily

I liked this book. I disliked the other books in this series and gave up on reading them. I finally decided to give this one a chance, and I'm glad I did. This is what I was imaging when I read the blurbs for this series. While there were parts I didn't like, such as the alpha being too overbearing and controlling at times, I did like this book. I would definitely recommend this book I wouldn't really recommend the rest of the series. Not my cup of tea.
Lee Todd
The Dark Hollow Wolf Pack series gets better with each book.
The character development of Gabe and Zack doesn't seem to have the same darkness as the previous novels, although there is still much angst for them to get to their HEA. Submission is still a theme in this book but doesn't seem to be as humiliating as some of the previous titles.
I love Shannon West's writing and can't wait to read the next book.
Yummy
again i think there is some kind of spoiler here:
I like how the story unfolds in this series. New things appear, which in matter of fact the shifters should know about them. But they are clueless because of the strict old fashioned traditions they are still going by. But i can sense lots of things are about to change in this world
Britney
better than most of her dark hollow wolf pack books surprisingly, I actually made it through this one without wanting to throw up. I don't know why I keep reading these, I really should not read any more. I think I will focus on the love slaves series. It seems to be shaping up MUCH better than this series has.
Ciara1973
I expected more, something was missing. I didn't feel any emotional connection between the two main MCs. Gabe gave in too easily for my taste (even though he did give Zack a hard time).
It wasn't bad, just an unchallenging read.
texasmoocow

Good plot & story line but seems thrown together. Story needed more development & the characters seemed to bounce around emotionally. With the author would have spent more time with it so this could have been an awesome series.
~SexyBookWorm~
I can't really think of anything bad to say. I love this series and this author she almost never disappoints. It was actually nice to get away from Marco and his clan just to meet new people. Great addition to the series.
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by:Kevin
Genre: M/M Paranormal
Rated: 3.5 hearts

Check out the review at: Hearts On Fire Reviews
Timeforme
I did a reread and boosted my rating from a three to a four. This is a really good series.
Tamsin Baker
Loved it! Unusual characters, great story line!
Fantastic passion and possession!
Juan
PERFECT BOOK YET AGAIN FROM THE SERIES
Beckie
Beckie marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Tammy
Tammy marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Faliha
Faliha marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
  • Captured with His Pregnant Mate (Luna Werewolves, #1)
  • Ben (The Atherton Pack #2)
  • Never Say Never (Aberdeen Pack #3)
  • Some Kind of Magic
  • Trunk and a Skunk (Midnight Matings #20)
  • Loving the Enemy (Wolves of Stone Ridge, #8)
  • The Link That Binds (Solomon's Pride, #2)
  • Micah's Refuge (Pack Mates, #2)
  • Tor (Werewolf Fight League #1)
  • Esau (Leopard's Spots, #6)
  • Revelations (Wolfman, #2)
  • The Mark of an Alpha (Pack Discipline, #1)
  • Chalice (Planetary Submissives, #1)
  • Crucible of Fate (Change of Heart, #4)
  • An Unnatural Worth
The Alpha's Pet (Dark Hollow Wolf Pack, #1) Taken in Hand (Taken, #1) Cry Wolf (Dark Hollow Wolf Pack, #2) Logan's Choice (Dark Hollow Wolf Pack, #3) Breaking Up With The Alpha (Dark Hollow Wolf Pack, #6)