Start by marking “The Game Changer” as Want to Read:
The Game Changer

The Game Changer

Melody Cartwright has never had a problem with change, but for the first time in her life the changes are beyond her control—she suddenly has a niece she never knew, but has to prove herself to; her best friend is making huge life changes of her own; and she has to deal with her ex and his crazy new girlfriend who has stalker tendencies.

When Melody meets confident, sexy J
ebook
Published November 13th 2012 (first published November 9th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Game Changer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Game Changer

Jenny Levine
Nov 12, 2012 Jenny Levine rated it really liked it
"The only constant in life is CHANGE."

28-year-old Melody Cartwright has been on a recent relationship fiasco with her boyfriend of three years when she realized She didn’t like the person she had allowed herself to become while she was with him. But, that was all going to change. She was going to change...With the help of her best friend Olivia . On the night they went clubbing, she met Mr. Tall Dark and Scrumptious Julian who is also a complete playboy. And from there, they developed
Michelle
I read a lot of contemporaries in 2012 and I have to say that The Game Changer is my favorite Contemporary Romance of 2012! I just loved it. The characters are awesome. I didn't feel like I was reading a story about Melody, I felt like I was along for the ride with her, experiencing it all as her friend. I wouldn't change a thing about The Game Changer. I loved that it wasn't a super short book, it actually had some meat on it.

As soon as Olivia and Melody moved in together and said that they al
Rachelia (Bookish Comforts)
Sep 10, 2012 Rachelia (Bookish Comforts) rated it really liked it
First off, I feel I need to give a little disclaimer: I interact often with the author, Marie Landry, on Twitter and her blog. However, while personally knowing an author can sometimes cloud a reviewers judgement, I found that right off the gate I was looking more critically at what I was reading, perhaps in a subconscious attempt to counter-act any favouritism. Despite that, I quickly found myself falling in love with this book. Anyways, I’d just like to say that this review is my honest opinio ...more
Jamie
Okay. I'm changing the shelf to Ultimate Faves of 2012.

The Story
The story is about Melody, aka Mel, who has just recently broken up with her shitty boyfriend. Her best friend since the third grade (…I think) moves in with her and persuades her to go to the club that just opened up. She meets Julian in that club, and they become best friends. Soon, you learn more about each of the characters and what's going on in their lives. Basically, the book was about family, finding out who you are, and acc
Jessica
See more of my reviews on my blog Thoughts At One In The Morning.

There are those books where there is something about them you can’t help but love. That is this book. As I’m sitting down to write this review, I can’t pinpoint the exact words to express the feelings I am feeling after reading this book. Not that I can’t express myself. Because I can. I just don’t think I can completely do these feelings justice. It goes deeper, and is just that good.

Melody is a character you relate to immediately
Michelle (Much Loved Books)
Sep 08, 2012 Michelle (Much Loved Books) rated it really liked it
Anyone who has followed my blog knows I am a big fan of Marie Landry and I loved and devoured her previous book, Blue Sky Days. When she posted looking for people to read her newest release, The Game Changer, I jumped at the chance and quickly sent an email her way. When I received the book I did have to wait before starting it to get through a few books before hers, and I doubted I would get to hers in time for publication. But with some fast reading and the incentive to get to her book I manag ...more
Snigdha Prakash
Nov 12, 2012 Snigdha Prakash rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-starer, was-okay
Uuummm...3 stars??
I guess...
It wasn't epic but it wasn't bad either.... it was just a mix of several things...
Though a strong message behind the story....I felt there was something...just something missing...
I loved Olivia, Cameron, Ava and Julian. And even Rick grew on me later...
But Melody? Seriously? I just don't like her...
I mean, shit. Instead of being happy for her bestie...she turns out to be a jealous friend...not really ideal.
Most of the time she spends pitying herself and her life whic
Haniza
Jan 01, 2013 Haniza rated it it was ok
I dont feel the connection between Julian and Melody. I do like the story and the characters at the beginning but as i read thru it, it just drag.
Melody bores me.
Olivia is the usual hype-easygoing-fun best friend you find in most books, so nothing special about her.
Julian is hot but he bores me half way onwards.
Overall, the book is just ok for me.
Sofia Lazaridou
Nov 23, 2012 Sofia Lazaridou rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book.I wanted to kick Julian's ass but it was for a very short time.Generally he was the perfect guy.Mel on the other hand deserves a punch,she is selfish and she became my least favorite character.But all the other characters are good so we are good at that department.I liked the plot and the cover is beautiful.
Jess
Sep 11, 2012 Jess rated it it was amazing

I just love Marie's books. This one was wonderful, and Julian you are a sexy devil. ;)
Raymond
Oct 25, 2012 Raymond rated it it was amazing
I already know this'll be gold. She's like Midas like that.
Angel
Nov 12, 2012 Angel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lotsaloves
I thought I'd like this one, I was wrong. Coz I loved it. :)
Kristilyn
Jul 31, 2013 Kristilyn rated it it was amazing
Oh Canada, thank you for producing so many awesome authors! Seriously, Marie Landry, where have you been all my life? Actually, you’ve been on my Twitter feed!

It’s so funny … and kind of terrible … how I always feel like I won’t like the books written by the people I know. Like for some reason, they’re just going to be awful. BUT that’s so not the case! I mean, Stephen King has friends, doesn’t he? Danielle Steel? I’m sure even Margaret Atwood has at least a couple!

All authors started at one poi
Misty
Nov 01, 2012 Misty rated it liked it
Unfortunately I have to start by saying that I didn't enjoy The game changer as much as I enjoyed the authors debut novel Blue sky days. Everyone was just too nice for me and I guess I was just hoping for some more grit or passion, while I do enjoy some contemporary my personal tastes stretch to things with a darker side or sarcastic humour.
I did like the idea of The game changer though, the thought that there's someone out there who could change everything for you, whether you want them to or n
Oct 19, 2013 Jennifer rated it liked it
Shelves: search, 2015
This review was originally posted to Jen in Bookland

I saw The Game Changer on my Kindle and I was trying to remember what it was and why I downloaded it. So I looked up the author and found she wrote Waiting For the Storm which I loved so I was very excited to start reading this. Unfortunately I did not love it as much as I loved the other book. It was alright, but not amazing like Waiting for the Storm.

Melody has just gotten out of a long term relationship. She is not really that upset about lo
Fyreball
Jan 05, 2013 Fyreball rated it liked it
Shelves: chicklit
Oh, man, this could have been so good. Good characters pull you in with just enough flaws to make them seem human. So how could you not like sexy-man-about-town-meets-reserved-sweetheart, right? Unfortunately, for much of the book, I couldn't help thinking manwhore-meets-doormat. If Julian were a woman, he'd likely not be cast as the heroine, especially because there seems to be little justification for his lack of commitment to Melody.

***SPOILERS***
Marie Landry writes some great banter, though
Ashley - Book Labyrinth
This was sweet! Marie Landry writes in a very down to earth fashion. There's nothing especially flashy about her books, but I mean that in the best way. Her stories are about real life moments, about trying to find your place, and she does it very well.

I really loved reading about Melody and Julian (I totally want more of them!!), but I also loved how Melody's Mom, her niece Ava, and her best friend Olivia played such a huge part in her life and in this book. I especially related to Melody's fee
Genesis Gonzalez
Dec 30, 2012 Genesis Gonzalez rated it really liked it
This book was realistic but at the same time worth reading which I loved so much! I've been in the place where you feel like you're losing your bestfriend to a guy and what's even more annoying is that because she is your bestfriend so you wouldn't say anything to make her feel bad about leaving you behind. And I feel like this book captured this situation incredibly well.

I fell in love with Melody! I felt like she knew the
world was leaving her behind and she didn't know what to do about it, u
MT931
Mar 20, 2013 MT931 rated it it was amazing

Very good romance novel. No scorching sex scenes. Loved the relationship between the main character and her best friend. Loved also how the main character grows and becomes more self aware throughout the book.

Zandra
Nov 22, 2012 Zandra rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars! i really like it, although it's a bit slow and too much Olivia.
Anyway, i love what's it all about.
- change, friendship and love. :)
recommended for those who needs some eye-opener :)
Laci
RATING: 4.5/5 stars
Bianca0302
Bianca0302 rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2012
Sarah rated it really liked it
Nov 29, 2012
Katie
Katie rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2013
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Nov 30, 2012
Elaine
Elaine rated it liked it
Dec 25, 2012
Jan
Jan rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2012
Nalani Grijalva
Nalani Grijalva rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Defy the Stars
  • If I Let You Go
  • If Only We
  • Hale Maree
  • Under the Dusty Sky (Holloway Farms, #1)
  • Love Revolution (Brutal Strength #2; Black Cat Records, #2)
  • One Song Away
  • Reaction (Reflection, #2)
  • Perchance
  • Crushed
  • Here All Along: A Short Story
  • Determinant (The Guardians of Vesturon, #3)
  • Knee Deep
  • Fanny (Serendipity)
  • The Unofficial Story of Kyle B. Johnston (Unofficial #2)
  • The One for Me
  • The Contract
  • Back To You
Stay up to date with new releases, sales, promos, and other news by signing up for Marie's newsletter

Marie Landry’s life revolves around books; when she’s not writing them, she’s reading them, taking pictures of them for bookstagram, or blogging about them. An avid reader from a young age, she loves getting lost in characters’ worlds, whether they’re ones of her own making or someone else’s. She p
More about Marie Landry...