Start by marking “Take Two (Jilted Bride, #1)” as Want to Read:
Take Two (Jilted Bride, #1)

Take Two (Jilted Bride #1)

**This book was pulled from publication. It has been re-vamped & re-edited, and will be re-released with a new title, Scorned.**

I was seconds away from marrying the love of my life, seconds away from becoming Mrs. Sean Scofield… Then that bitch fucked up everything…

My name is Melody Carter and I’m one of New York’s youngest and harshest movie critics. Even though half
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 220 pages
Published August 31st 2012 by Whitney Gracia Williams

Alex is The Romance Fox
This was the most outrageous, funny, cute and actually an enjoyable romance love story ….
 photo tumblr_mdkdnh429L1qzj56jo1_500_zpswnua6au6.gif
Even when some of the scenes were beyond OTT….and perhaps unbelievable beyond anything…it still kept me turning the pages …..what could possibly be more outrageous!!!!

Melody Carter, beautiful and talented NYC movie/book reviewer/critic is finally seeing her dream come true! Standing at the altar, saying her I do to the man of her dreams, when a woman walks up the aisle and steals her man from her! The man of
Dali
Jun 24, 2015 Dali rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ugh! I'm so peeved that people would poorly rate a book that probably doesn't even exist but in the mind of its creator!

Here's 5 stars to you Whit!
Mitsy
Sep 20, 2012 Mitsy rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Romance, comedy and chick-lit readers
Shelves: chick-lit, romance, humor
Won this on Goodreads!

When I entered to win this on Goodreads I just thought it was a typical chick-lit book, a light read. So, when it came I waited and waited and waited even longer to actually pick it up. I had other books on my list ahead of Take Two. How stupid of me to wait! I learned my lesson. Take Two is daring. While it is a romantic comedy and extremely well written, the romance between Matt and Melody is very risky. The entire story, while heartbreaking and hilarious, is different.
Jennifer Lane
Jilted But Joyful

Next time you watch a romantic comedy where the groom leaves his fiancee at the altar, remember that not everyone in that movie gets the happy ending.

Thank you to Mitsy for recommending this book to me. Take Two is a fun contemporary romance featuring Melody Carter, NYC movie critic. Melody stands at the altar for her lavish wedding to Sean when another woman shows up and snatches her groom away from her. Turns out Sean is in love with this other woman, and he leaves Melody feel
Hayley
Sep 20, 2012 Hayley rated it it was amazing
This was my first try at reading a romantic comedy. I had low expectations since it was a kindle freebie, but I honestly loved it and didn't want it to end. I got to 90% and seriously saved the last 10% for right before I went to bed.

Melody's sarcasm is impeccable and very witty. My heart almost broke for her at her wedding, I can't begin to imagine how that would feel... Nonetheless, I love a heroine that's strong-willed and strong-minded, and she is definitely both. The hero, Matt, is a Holly
Stacey
Dec 11, 2013 Stacey rated it liked it
I'm very careful to not be too critical because its a tad too easy to write a mean little smirk of a review when you're not brave enough to put your own neck on the chopping block. One author told me she felt it was only a matter of time before a writer commits suicide over the evil things written about their work on Goodreads. At any rate...

Keeping in mind I don't expect most books to be Grapes of Wrath I liked this story but wasn't anywhere near as convinced of Matt Sterling as I was the chara
Pamela
May 23, 2013 Pamela marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Can't wait to read about Joan she sounds so perfect and Can't wait to read her happily ever after.
Amanda
Feb 18, 2013 Amanda rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
More like a 2.5 star read. The references to pop culture (a-list celebrities, iPhones, iHomes, Skittles, etc) about did me in. I prefer books that are timeless and don't list name brand items (like saying a phone or docking station would have worked in this book) and make up celebrities names so that it isn't a whose who in Hollywood right now.
seton
Jan 27, 2017 seton rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: avoid
This has been "coming soon" for FOUR FUCKING YEARS. Please delete this page.
Pamela
May 21, 2013 Pamela rated it it was amazing
Fame, funny, love story, heart break what's not to love? Looooooooooved it...
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
2.5
So, this was a kindle freebie. I thought the premise sounded interesting, the whole jilted bride angle. That would totally suck, btw! Melody is our jilted bride, I was pretty confused about her fiancé Sean. He did ALL these things that seemed like he was head over heels in love with her, but cheats on her and runs off with another girl. I kinda think he got cold feet and will be regretting his decision. In fact, I kept waiting for him to show up trying to win her back. I wanted a bit more clo
Meredith Schorr
Jul 06, 2013 Meredith Schorr rated it really liked it
This was a really fun summer read. I read it in less than two days. My only complaint is that I wasn't entirely convinced by the love story and wished there was more depth. It seemed based entirely on physical attraction and while the author told us that the characters did a lot of talking and getting to know each other, I wish she had shown us instead. There was also a dramatic scene at the end that could've bveen awesome if shown in scene but it was also told to us by one of the characters.

Reg
Sheila Paigly
May 13, 2013 Sheila Paigly rated it it was amazing
I won this book in a goodreads giveaway.

The idea of a romantic comedy book was intriguing to me. I am not usually a fan of romance novels, but I found this book enjoyable. I love that the main character, Melody, is intelligent and witty. I couldn't put the book down and read it all in a day. I can't wait for the second novel in the series to come out.
Ragatnia Clara
Sep 22, 2013 Ragatnia Clara rated it liked it
I guess Mid-Life Love as comparison to this one was not fair. Perhaps Mid-Life Love was beyond expectation. I couldn't bring myself to love, even like, the characters. Though I admit that I liked the cynical Melody, but still, I felt something's off. I couldn't engage myself with Melody and Matt. I couldn't feel the chemistry between them. The happy ending saved three stars from me.
Yolanda
Mar 10, 2013 Yolanda rated it liked it
It had it's moments. The time line of the story felt a little off to me. At one moment one character would go through a month of story in a chapter. Then it would jump back to the other character. I was never sure how much time had passed by. There was nothing special about this book, it was cute so that is why I am giving it 3 stars.
Tamisha Draper
Mar 24, 2013 Tamisha Draper rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
I really enjoyed this story. It was a quick and easy read; i finished it in about 2 or 3 days. I really liked how Melody went through something devastating, but was able to pick her self up and start over fresh. I liked her sacastic personality and it was really exciting the build up between her and Matt. It's a good book; can't wait to read Take three!
Susan
Apr 22, 2013 Susan rated it liked it
Very quick read, ending seemed abrupt and not finished with details. It was okay, just not one those books you'd want to re-read. Secondary characters were almost more likeable then the main characters.
  ღ☆ღ  Brenda
Apr 18, 2013 ღ☆ღ Brenda rated it it was amazing
What a great little read! There's a lot playing going on this cute little story. And not fun and games!! Really enjoyed this short story.Well worth the read! Nice plotting too!
Karen
Sep 12, 2013 Karen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
love
Janet
Aug 07, 2013 Janet rated it really liked it
You know what is going to happen, but the pages turn as the summer clock keeps going.
L Bongiorno
Feb 15, 2013 L Bongiorno rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this read and the strength and growth of it's characters.
Cyndi Hackett
Great funny love story!
Theresa
Feb 23, 2013 Theresa rated it liked it
Fun. Super fast read. Made me wonder about Kim and Kanye...lol.
Alison Kruger
Jan 14, 2014 Alison Kruger rated it it was amazing
Very good quick read. I hope we learn more about the Melody and Matt in the next one and I can't wait to read about Selena.....she's got to have a good heart buried in there somewhere
Laurie
Feb 19, 2013 Laurie rated it really liked it
This book is fun & well written. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. It does contain a little bit of cursing which I would rather do without.
Connie Marx
Oct 17, 2013 Connie Marx rated it really liked it
It was a cute little book, light and witty. The cheracters were believable, and in parts funny. I really enjoyed reading it. I may read more from this author.
JTM
Mar 17, 2013 JTM rated it liked it
started off as a three/four star read and then crashed and burned. I need to gather my scatted thoughts and then can review, was it the worst I ever read? No but it started off so well then.... wtf!
Jillian
Nov 04, 2012 Jillian rated it it was amazing
yay i loved this book. at times i didnt like matt but i got over that. i so fell in love with this book
Marla Mei
May 17, 2014 Marla Mei rated it did not like it
I hope the newer version of this is better. I almost liked this but the dickhead hero annoyed the hell out of me.
Nazneen
Mar 03, 2017 Nazneen rated it really liked it
I liked the book, but I just wished the book could have more..Like in the end they are together but, I wanted to see more of them..
  • Necessary Detour
  • Eloping with Emmy
  • Fix You (Fix You, #1)
  • Your Gift to Me
  • Here Comes the Bride
  • Untitled (Showmance, #2)
  • Torn
  • Molly Hacker Is Too Picky!
  • Hiding Hollywood
  • When It Hits You
  • Hooking Up (Hooking Up, #1)
  • The Morning After
  • Deadly Obsession (Deadly Vices, #1)
  • In My Arms (Philadelphia, #1)
  • Nerd Girl (Modern Girls, #1)
  • The Life List (The List Trilogy, #1)
  • Sweet Surrender
  • Get Bunny Love
Best way to get in contact with me is on my Facebook page via: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorWhitneyG

Whitney G. is a twenty-eight-year-old optimist who is obsessed with travel, tea, and great coffee. She's also a New York Times & USA Today bestselling author of several contemporary novels, and the cofounder of The Indie Tea--an inspirational blog for indie romance authors.

When she's not chat
More about Whitney G....

Jilted Bride (3 books)
  • Take Three (Jilted Bride, #2)
  • Burned (Jilted Bride, #3)

“What are you doing?'

If I texted back too soon, he would think I wasn't doing anything and then he would probably try to come over. I watched another episode before texting him again: 'Watching Kim K. shop for a dress. You?'

He texted back: 'Standing outside your door'.

Shit!”