Start by marking “A Tale of Two Princesses” as Want to Read:
A Tale of Two Princesses

A Tale of Two Princesses

A Tale of two princesses (A fairy tale)

When princess Celste learn her hand in marriage has been given away to prince Cross, a man she has never met, she rebels against her mother, the Queen. She refuses to see him, meet him, to dance with him at the masquerade ball.

The princesses maid, hoping to save the princess from embarrassment, sends a servant girl in her place, wit
Published August 31st 2012

To ask other readers questions about A Tale of Two Princesses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Tale of Two Princesses

Butterfly
Sep 30, 2012 Butterfly rated it did not like it
um..
Jane
May 30, 2013 Jane rated it did not like it
I really wanted to like this book. I finished it in the hope it would redeem itself, but the further I went the less I liked it.
Without ruining anything there were two things I sincerely disliked-
The conversations between characters were poorly written. It seemed like the author was trying to use medieval language, but would often lapse into modern tongue- this made some of the conversations hard to follow and made all of them sound insipid. With regards to the conversational aspect of the book-
Charlotte
Oct 29, 2012 Charlotte rated it it was ok
So, I borrowed this book from the library as something quick to read. It wasn't bad, but it also just wasn't very good. I think my biggest problem with the book was the language, because overall the story was decent if not good. Have I heard the story before, yes, but it's a cute chick fantasy book.
However, the way it was written was grating. It was a bit painful, especially the dialogue. It didn't feel appropriate to the atmosphere Ashenden was trying to create. It was supposedly some type of
Jo Notary
Feb 15, 2016 Jo Notary marked it as to-read
504kb, her hand in marriage has been given to a prince, but she doesn't want to marry a man she doesn't know. She has her maid go to the ball in her place, but when the prince meets her for real, nothing about her seems the same, but the memories of their dance hold his love, and as the servant girl watches him from afar, she may not be able to hold her silence.
Lauren
Sep 13, 2016 Lauren rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, retelling
This seems like exactly the sort of story I would love: romance, mistaken identities, princesses! I was never able to connect with the characters and their personalities were flat, there was nothing redeeming or endearing about them. The heroine wasn’t motivated by anything and had no spine or spunk in her.
Deborah Gray
Aug 18, 2013 Deborah Gray rated it liked it
I liked that the author created a new fairy tale. There were a lot of twists and turns to keep the story unpredictable. However, I did not like or believe the ending which made it unsatisfying. There seemed to be two or three plot holes near the end but I enjoyed reading the majority of it.
Farzana rahmann
Oct 06, 2012 Farzana rahmann rated it really liked it
Ok so I got this book as an ebook an I loved it it was funny and romantic and not very long. I'll defo reccomend it!!
Jessica Widjaja
Jessica Widjaja rated it really liked it
May 08, 2015
Alice Rose
Alice Rose rated it liked it
Jun 20, 2014
Merin
Merin rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2013
Maddie
Maddie rated it really liked it
Dec 07, 2013
Becky
Becky rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2013
Lindsay
Nov 24, 2012 Lindsay marked it as kindle-i-own-to-read
Amazon Freebie 11/24/2012
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2015
Lauren
Lauren rated it it was ok
Apr 29, 2014
KM
KM rated it liked it
Mar 14, 2013
Grace Baugher
Grace Baugher rated it liked it
Dec 25, 2015
Gaby
Gaby rated it liked it
Mar 01, 2015
Molly
Molly rated it it was ok
Jul 14, 2013
Mechila
Mechila rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2014
Silbenfresser
Silbenfresser rated it liked it
Nov 11, 2016
Pilar Palos
Pilar Palos rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2013
Ashley
Ashley rated it it was ok
Mar 24, 2013
Rebecca Jopson
Rebecca Jopson rated it really liked it
Nov 20, 2015
Elodie Fremond
Elodie Fremond rated it did not like it
Sep 10, 2012
Meagan
Meagan rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2013
Rhapsody
Rhapsody rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2015
☆~Nels~ Death by reading~★
☆~Nels~ Death by reading~★ rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2013
Veronica
Veronica rated it did not like it
Mar 18, 2013