Big Girls Do It Better (Big Girls Do It, #1)

Big Girls Do It Better (Big Girls Do It #1)

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  5,106 ratings  ·  567 reviews
Gorgeous, rock-star guys like Chase Delany don't go for girls like me. They go for supermodels and actresses, skinny-girls who never eat and spend all day working out. I'm not that girl. So when he locked his fiery brown eyes on me for the first time, I couldn't quite believe it was really happening to me.

It was the second night I spent with him that I'll never forget.
Published September 2nd 2012 by Jasinda Wilder

To ask other readers questions about Big Girls Do It Better, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Big Girls Do It Better

Karla
Not bad, a hot little number with some sexy, spicy, big girl lovin'! I understood how Anna, a beautiful plump girl, could doubt that someone as delicious as Chase, would find her appealing. Not that she should, because she rocked her body! I just wish she questioned herself a little less when it came to Chase. Not only was he attracted to Anna, he layed some hot lovin' on her womanly curves!! WOW!! He had a true appreciation for all she had to offer. It was short and not without flaws, but I act...more
Desiree
This is ridiculous. I thought it was going to be a tale about a man who looks past a woman's outsides and into her head and her personality, but instead it busted out every stereotype about fat chicks known to man - including the one that all "bigger framed" women have become so simply because they eat like pigs.

The number of times this woman references "I was hungry", "I needed a snack" and "I never met a cupcake I didn't want to get to know better" is just plain stupid.

In the end, it ended u...more
Funzee Shu

What if gorgeous man like this.....

With abs like this !!!

Said....

"You're perfect the way you are. You're a work of art."

To woman size 18, like this....

description

And not just attract to her but crazily in LOVE with her....
And said....

"You're perfect the way you are. I made love to you as you are."

And convince her that....

"Not every guy in the world likes women to be stick figures. Not every guy in the world want his woman to be all skin and bones. I happen to like your softness and curves, just like I like...more
Exina
Anna Devine is a beautiful, plus-sized woman, who works as a DJ and singer, and thinks that she is very well aware of her qualities. She has lots of experience, most of it bad. She reads people well, and always knows what to expect from others. Until she meets Chase.

Chase Delany is a gorgeous, sexy rock star with a perfect body and style. So perfect that Anna evidently thinks she has no chance with a guy like him, and he is surely looking for his female version of perfection. But Chase surprise...more
Kaycee Sapinoso
I got this free book from Amazon. And I'm not actually planning to read it yet. But since I woke up so early this morning, I said why not read it since it just a short story. And I'm glad I did. For such a short novella, this book was actually good.

Anna Devine, a curvy woman with lack of self-confidence and self worth until she meet Chase Delaney, a tall, dark, and super HOT, GORGEOUS rock star. And so sexy, wearing a leather pants. Mr. sexypants. :) I just hope he doesn't turn into a jerk and h...more
Yami
This book to me was amazing.From start to finish. I loved how brazen Anna was, especially when she wanted something. Yes she was self deprecating and self conscience but she still got hers. As a fellow big girl I give her My props!! I cant wait to follow the rest, including Rock Stars Do It ...I was dumb founded by Chases intensity when he'd here Anna put herself down. It was cute but a bit much...I instantly thought, possible psycho, girl get it In and take off. Lol, so The ending was unexpecte...more
Nemo (the Moonlight Library)
Certainly the worst written of the erotic novellas or shorts I've tried. So poorly written I can't actually tell what's happening. There is a difference between brevity and poor technique. Pity, because a mouthy plus size gal was just what I was after.

I played with my hair, twisting a lock of my bottle-blonde hair between my fingers.

I'm quite competent enough to know that 'playing' and 'twisting between my fingers' in this context mean the same thing. You don't need to tell me what's happening t...more
Hannah
Big girls do it better is very short story of a plus size female DJ who ends up with a hot guy named chase who is a singer for a band.
Through out the book (which only took me an hour to read and hate) i found my self rolling my eyes in disgusting. People have raved on at me about this book, how nice it is for a plus size woman to get the hot guy. I have to say i found it shallow and very childish, if a man wants you and near enough falls in love with you because of your size sweetie he doesn't...more
Jessica Johnson
Goodreads Description:

It was the second night I spent with him that I'll never forget.

My Take:

This first installment was a cute/hot little ditty. Seriously. I enjoyed it.

Anna is a bigger girl a...more
Lelyana Taufik
Masih galau mau kasih bintang berapa...soalnya si Anna is a bit too bitchy for my taste.....hahahhahaa....

Tapi karena ni EROTICA, yah sah2 aja sedikit bitchy.....apalagi ketemu cowok sekeren Chase iniiiiiiiiiiiii...............

LANGSUNG LEMAH DENGGKUL LAAAAAAAH BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dan Anna termasuk agresif di tempat tidur, biar awalnya malu2...tapi karena chase bilang she's a sex goddes .....wowowoowowowoow..... langsung semangkaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa sodara2......

Sayang nya affair mereka cuma sebentar......more
Holly
For such a short novella, this book packed quite an emotional punch. It is so refreshing to read an erotic story that features a heroine who is not a stick figure, and a hero who adores her just as she is. This story actually made me a little teary eyed, with how sweet Chase was in trying to get Anna to see just how beautiful she really is.

This is the first 'episode' in a series, and I for one can not wait for the next installment!
Elaine
Why!! Why!! Whyyyy!!

Oh God! I can totally relate with Anna! How can someone as big as her have someone pursuing her, for a girl like her that was confusing and if I were her I would totally doubt his intentions too! Like someone as hot as Chase! Oh i definitely envy you Anna Devine! I want a Chase Delaney of my own! This is going to be real good! Love it!
Lisa
This was so far fetched I couldn't finish reading. What she does to him while on break in the bar is ridiculous. Who does that? Then she goes to his house when she doesn't even know his last name? And then talks about love after one week! Ridiculous!!! I was disappointed. I really wanted this to be good. :-(
Amy
Sep 14, 2012 Amy rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012, kindle
Free Kindle book, I get what I paid for, but ugh. I was hoping this would be a "I'm big, and I'm sexy, so what of it" book. Nope. The main conflict of the story was the narrator constantly apologizing to the guy for being big. Yeah. That's sexy.
Sara  ~Sphunky~
This was a short, cute, sexy read. Being a "big" girl myself, I really enjoyed reading about a woman who wasn't the "ideal" or a size 2. I like Anna and her men, and I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of this series!
Storm
Following my utter disappointment in the '50 Shades' franchise, I came across this freebie on the Kindle and decided to see if Wilder had given it a better shot...she really, really hadn't.

The leading 'big girl' is the deeply insecure, often-eating, scantily clad Anna. She is, in my opinion, in no way likable, and very difficult to relate to on any level (and I'm certainly no size 0!)

The leading man, Chase (Hmm Anna & Chase???), well there is really nothing much to say about him at all. Al...more
Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog)
WARNING! This review if for book #1-#5.5 in the series

Anna DJs and sings at local bars with her friend Jeff, she loves her job and although her family are dysfunctional she has some great close friends, but she is also plus sized with serious body image issues. So when gorgeous budding rock star Chase starts pursuing her she doesn't know what to think, guys like him don't go for girls like her right? But as Chase shows her how beautiful she is, she also starts to notice her best friend Jeff, she...more
Anas Attic  Book Blog
I grabbed Big Girls Do It Better by Jasinda Wilder when it was a Kindle freebie. It is currently 99 cents and book 2, Big Girls Do it Wetter, is free (9/24/12). I was a little nervous, I have never read a book specifically geared towards a ‘big girl’, but I saw rock star, it had a cute cover, so I grabbed it! I opened it up, and the first line made me want to read more, because I can TOTALLY relate.

“Two things get me in trouble: food, and my mouth.”

Anna (nice name, too bad it’s spelled wrong!) i...more
Lindsay
This was a nice combination of two aspects I like in a story...a full figured heroine and musicians/rock stars.

I'm sorry that the book was so short because I really liked Chase, and I would have liked to spend more time with him.

This was a fun, short read and I'll definitely read the next two books in the series.

namericanwordcat
I wasn't thrilled with this because along with it only being a partial story and I hate that, the h had self esteem issues that really took up too much of this short and the story would have been much better if they were not there and there was room for other motivations for actions.
SAM
I didn't thought that this book were so funny, hot and awesome. I totally recommend it. BIG GIRLS ROCK!
Kiesha
I enjoyed this story. I would give it 3.5 stars only because of all the typos.
Les
does exactly what it says on the tin ;)
Hunger For Knowledge
I picked up this free box set after hearing it to be a quite good series, despite it being erotic romance. Additionally, I did find the concept being interesting; the big girl and the statue a-like built rock star. Who could resist leather pants on a man? ( I really, really can).

I was not too impressed with the first short book in the series, yet I did like it enough to continue my reading. However, I had some minor issues with it. The style was very light, which suits to tales such as this but...more
Elizabeth
It was okay. A 2.5 stars for me, but I'll be kind and round up. I guess it was what it's supposed to be, so I can't be too upset. It was short and mostly sex related. It was free when I downloaded it and I doubt I'd pay for more. It was first person present tense (which I usually hate) except for a few parts that slipped into past tense. There were words like "asscrack" and "vag" which I found off-putting. Anna's self-consciousness got annoying. I get that she's "big", but she dressed provocativ...more
Peyton Reeser
I read this book on a whim and was pleasantly surprised when, as my kids say, it didn't suck!
Honestly, I didn't know what to expect from the erotic romance category and was hoping the book had some teeth and would be better than "forum" stories which aren't actually stories to begin with.
Anna, the DJ'ing female lead was funny, feisty and full of familiar self-deprecating humor and the hotness she described as "Mr Sexypants" had a bit of depth which made him more than a quick encounter.
I liked th...more
Sarah's Book Blog
Before I start, this review is for the entire series to date on the Big Girls Do Series books 1-5.5

As a "fuller" woman myself, this was a nice change.

4.5 Stars!!

Anna is a 26 years old, wears a size 18 and is as she says a "Big Girl". She is one bad ass tough girl that doesn't take shit from anyone. Having had a seriously fucked up relationship in the past she...she doesn't date much.

Enter Chase Delany.....mmmm Chase.

Chase is a rockstar, I mean a full blown rockstar...leather pants and tattoos in...more
Bookie | The BookChick
My Rating:
FAIL: The characteristics of a 1 star book include: the story failed to hold my attention; it didn’t have interesting characters; the storyline was trite or contrived; and/or their was extremely crude behavior/language. I would not never recommend the book to anyone.
My Thoughts:
No. Just..........No! I didn't care for this at all. Anna was extremely unlikable -- not for her size but for her cantankerous personality. She thought that Chase was only using her for sex but she acted whor...more
Rayni
75pg quick read that left me wanting to read more. I had never read a Jasinda Wilder book. Consider my cherry popped w/ Big Girls Do It Better and I'm totally fine w/ it haha. I really can't wait to read more by her. I think DJs, Singers, and Sexiness = a great read. I'm really excited about a book that explores "Big" girls and their comfort and uncomfortableness w/ their bodies and sexuality. Completely believable sexual attraction and frustration between the two. With Chase wanting Anna to see...more
The only complaint I have with this story, is the length. Fantastic concept. I enjoyed the humour, very funny. But most big girls have this humour. I know because I am one, we tend to hide behind our one liners & make as much fun in our every day as we can, it's our defence against life.

I can relate to a lot of what is in this girls mind. Anna Devine, what a name, it almost sounds like the perfect stripper name, I love how Chase loves it. Chase Delany, a hot guy that Anna litteraly runs into...more
  • Big Girls Don't Cry (BBW First Time Erotic Romance)
  • Chase (Power Players, #1)
  • A Night with the Rock Star (Taking Stage, #1)
  • The Curve Ball (Big Girls And Bad Boys, #1)
  • Big Girl Backstage Pass (Big Girl, #1)
  • Blind Date Teddy Bear (Her Teddy Bear, #1)
  • Carmen's New York Climax (Carmen's New York, #1)
  • Her First Billionaire (Her Billionaires, #1)
  • Doctor's Delight (Big Girls Lovin' Trilogy, #1)
  • Broken Soldier
  • Curves for Two (BBW Erotic Romance)
  • Captive at Christmas (Captive Hearts, #1)
  • Your Favorite Girl (YFG, #1)
  • Summer's Journey: Volume One - Losing Control (Summer's Journey, #1)
  • Help Wanted (Fantasy Heights, #1)
  • Against The Odds
Jasinda Wilder is a Michigan native with a penchant for titillating tales about sexy men and strong women. When she's not writing, she's probably shopping, baking, or reading.

www.jasindawilder.com

Email Jasinda at JasindaWilder@gmail.com

Friend Jasinda on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/jasinda.wi...

More about Jasinda Wilder...
Falling into You (Falling, #1) Falling into Us (Falling, #2) Stripped Alpha (Alpha, #1) Wounded

“What can I say? I've never met a cupcake I didn't want to get to know better.” 37 likes
“Just remember, you never know what's possible until you risk finding out.” 29 likes