Start by marking “Unleashed (The Preacher's Son, #2)” as Want to Read:
Unleashed (The Preacher's Son, #2)

Unleashed (The Preacher's Son #2)

3.62  ·  Rating Details ·  1,113 Ratings  ·  57 Reviews
Sex with Tre was supposed to be a distraction from my troubled life, but the more time we spent together, the more I discovered I was in for a whole different kind of trouble. The problem, you see, was I'd unleashed a passion in an innocent preacher's son that neither of us were ready for.
Published August 29th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Unleashed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unleashed

On the Island by Tracey Garvis-GravesTwelfth Sun by Mae ClairFinding Home by Lauren BakerOutlander by Diana GabaldonThe Education of Sebastian by Jane Harvey-Berrick
Best Older woman/ Younger man romance
94th out of 235 books — 813 voters
Where the Lotus Flowers Grow by MK SchillerUnleashed by Jasinda WilderUnbound by Jasinda Wilder
Half dark faces covers
2nd out of 3 books — 1 voter

More lists with this book...

Marga
Nov 20, 2014 Marga rated it did not like it
-_- I should've read a good Jasinda Wilder book. Not this one. No.
Sharon Xuereb
Feb 22, 2015 Sharon Xuereb rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks, on-my-kindle
When I started reading this series the song Mrs Robinson by Lemonheads popped into my head and was stuck there the entire read. LOL

In a nutshell, a young and naive preachers son is seduced by an older woman.

All 3 books are short and get straight to the point, and so the progression of this story is very fast. Books 2 and 3 continue on where the last one left off and therefore you need to read them in order.

I didn't find myself swooning over the male character, Tre, but for me that was because he
Selipperydickdip
Jun 23, 2014 Selipperydickdip rated it really liked it
Shelves: sweet-guy
Tre beautiful sweet guy blew me away with the anger he has within himself. Years of being sheltered and controlled by his domineering father only adds to his emotional roller coaster ride he has jumped on with the lovely older woman Shea.

Shea should be on my hit list but she's not ... I think she guides Tre most of the time well. My biggest issue is when Tre needs or would like clarification and a name for their encounter/s.

Funny how we socially look at older women as 'cougars' and men in the s
Pianisuparse
Jun 23, 2014 Pianisuparse rated it it was ok
Still conflicted I found that whilst I accepted the insta attraction and let's get it on real quick, cos in short books you gotta get down to it, even accepted to a certain degree that Tre made his choices and Shea isn't necessarily the 'harlot' temptress she was accused of being but I still found myself battling with the fact that 21 year old Tre was a very young 21 and I couldn't help but think about what I would do to some older woman who came onto my son like that, even in a few years time. ...more
Yalda Catalán
Nov 25, 2012 Yalda Catalán rated it it was amazing
Damn it!!! Will Tre and Shea ever be without anyone bothering them??? aiiishhh....Trey's such a sweetheart and I just love Shea, such a strong woman...they deserve to be happy!!! so...the next one??? I hope it's available or i'll just die!!!!
Janey
Oct 18, 2013 Janey rated it liked it
More shortness & steaminess...& free.

Will I read #3...go on then, if it's free!
Jennifer Mcclarity
Nov 04, 2016 Jennifer Mcclarity rated it it was amazing
Good short story.

I love all of Jasinda's books. This was an interesting, good short story. Characters were good. Storyline was good. On to the next one.
Martha
Apr 17, 2013 Martha rated it really liked it
I am so loving this story. This is book 2 of 3 so far.

Tre is the best. As young as he is, he is so mature, and so responsible. His innocence make him all that more sweet and loveable. He's willing to learn and try new things to make Shea happy.

Shea has been his first everything. His first love, lover, teacher. Everything. She makes him feel manly, wanted, and sexy.

He is like 13-14 years younger then her. But so far that isn't mattering to either of them, which I love, because just like beauty
Melissa
Sep 22, 2014 Melissa rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Erotica Readers
"Unleashed" is a super short, continuation of "Unbound." Shea is an interesting character. I wish there was a bit more character development with Tre and Shea. I can only imagine how scandalous Shea's past was and all the baggage that comes with it. I'm very interested in learning more about Tre and his "religious" upbringing. My only complaint is the lack of story. Steamy - yes!! But a story or plot line would have been great too. I'm going to finish reading the series because I'm curious to ...more
Laurie
Nov 03, 2012 Laurie rated it it was ok
Started out fairly well, but jumped into love a little too quickly and then abruptly left this reader hanging. The storyline itself was really good, but was lacking in depth. I hate to rank on a story because I can only imagine how hard it is to keep the flow and continuity of a story going, but...this is a novella and there is no excuse.

This is number 2 in a series that, unless there is a point to it all in the very last one, is a waste of this reader's time. This is just my opinion, read this
Amanda
Jun 17, 2013 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks-i-own
Jasinda Wilder has such a unique writing style all her own, and I love it...what started out as hot country love story has turned into a smoldering adventure that will not be soon forgotten.
Tre's choice to leave I thought was a good idea, but I was left saddened that he would never see his best buddy Jimmy agian.
Oh and the emotions that Shea goes through in this trying to figure out how she feels about Tre, and the ending!!!! OMG!!! I knew Dan would show up be I never expected that.
sam
Apr 24, 2016 sam rated it it was amazing
Oh, I don't regret anything about reading this book. I'm so totally in to read the next one and sadly the last one. This story was good, very good. Tre changed, because he isn't the innocent boy from the first book. Family didn't support him, but he stood up and continue his life. Shea always supporting him and I really think she is in love with him, but she don't want to admit it. Preach it, baby! Love is here and hopefully will stay there no matter who arrived. Because that end... damn!
Tikishia
Oct 28, 2012 Tikishia rated it it was amazing
Shea, the "harlot", has run off with the preacher's son. They get hurt during an attempted mugging, have some hot sex. And then; goddammit the book ended right at the part where you're soo gonna wanna know what happens next. Thank God 3rd book has been released. Now I have 2 go on Amazon & purchase it.
Kathy Temean
Jul 31, 2016 Kathy Temean rated it it was amazing
Writing, characters, story - so good. My only complaint is that even after you read #3, you are only reading a 81 page novella. I love Jasinda's books and I wish she had written this story as a book, too. I'm not sure I will pay $2.99 for 36 pages. I just hope that Jasinda will not fall into trap of writing short pieces of a story just to milk as much money as possible of her fans.
Paulien
Aug 02, 2015 Paulien rated it liked it
He had problems, now she has problems too? I mean, come on. It's like one problem wasn't enough.

I liked the scenes when they're really together though. Even though he is new to relationships and everything that comes with it, he still tries to treat her like a queen.
I 'm wondering what will happen in the third book, so yeas, I will read the next book.

I would give this book 3 stars.
Ashley Hedden
Unleashed by Jasinda Wilder was another great book in the Preacher's Son series. This one picks up where book one left off. Tre's father disowns him and kicks him out. I love reading how the love between Shea and Tre grows. The cliffhanger at the end of book two is crazy. I can't wait to read book three.
Djg
Oct 30, 2012 Djg rated it really liked it
Part 2 of The Preacher's Son by Jasinda Wilder

This author has done a really good job of developing her characters in so few pages.
The romance/sex is smoking hot but both Tre and Shay are real characters that you can like. Their actions make sense and their motivations are clear.

I'm very much looking forward to the final part of the trilogy.
––––•(-•The Insomniac Book Hoarder•-
Two words (more like three) came to mind- Grooming and Vicious Cycle Get my drift?

I love how the cliffhangers are basically cockblockers in need of some serious slapping of the face. I mean cant our couple get some more sweet time?? haha
Wendy
I liked the way that the story started off. It was very interesting to see how their relationship changed from sexual to something more! The development of the characters are what kept the story going for me and the ending makes me want to keep reading to find out what happens to them.
Becky Hedge
Aug 10, 2014 Becky Hedge rated it it was amazing
The Preacher's Son #2

The Preacher's Son #2

Excellent book. Highly recommend this book to everyone. Excellent story line kept your interest and attention making it hard to put down.
Amanda Sheila
Dec 22, 2013 Amanda Sheila rated it liked it
Shelves: novella
Let's just say, novellas isn't really my specialty. Why? Because they're just too short and the author seemed like writing it in a hurry. I feel unsatisfied.

But overall, I liked it.
SammiesBookBlog
Dec 08, 2013 SammiesBookBlog rated it it was amazing
This was simply amazing and Ican't wait to see what happens with the ex coming back into her life! Such an amazing story and love love love Jasinda's stories!!
Karen
Oct 26, 2013 Karen rated it really liked it
Could your wrist get any Hotter? OMG! These short stories of yours are are full of real hot sexy fun reading and I have enjoyed reading your books so far so GOOD!-) I can't put them down.
Lelyana
Mar 05, 2013 Lelyana rated it it was ok
Shelves: erotica, boring, cheesy
Aku kok gak terkesan ya dengan cerita buku 2 ini? Apa karena this one is too good to be true ato gimana?
Sex nya hot,tapiiiii....gak dapet aja feel nya di aku sih.
A.J. Warner
May 13, 2013 A.J. Warner rated it liked it
Again I LOVE Jasinda Wilder!!!
I love the story and idea behind it, I'm really struggling with Tre's lack of knowlege!! He only takes charge when it comes to protecting her. It confuses me.
Annie
Aug 13, 2013 Annie rated it really liked it
I like Tre!!!! On to sexy book 3!!! wooohooo! great little series, you can never go wrong with Jasinda Wilder!
LaGina
Apr 25, 2015 LaGina rated it really liked it
I dont watch soap operas on tv but I sure do read them..lol I love these little short reads. I call them my lunch break reads. Tre is just a dream.
Jules
Dec 20, 2014 Jules rated it liked it
Not as good as the first, but I still quite enjoyed it. The ending had me wanting to know what happens next.
Angela
May 28, 2013 Angela rated it liked it
Ok...Sucked in by 1 so I had to buy 2. Another cliff hanger ending so you have to buy 3! Again it was only part of a story but it was only 99 cents!
Sara
Sara rated it liked it
Mar 31, 2014
  • Flawed Beauty
  • Bad Romance (New Adult Romance)
  • The First Meeting (How To Catch A Billionaire, #1)
  • Everything He Fears (Bookkeeper for the Billionaire #2)
  • At the Cowboy's Mercy (Taming the Cowboy, #1)
  • Sexting Curves
  • Bareback For Cowboy
  • My Best Friend's Daughter (Sex and Marriage, #1)
  • One night on a train
  • Sophie's Sweet Surprise (Sweet Temptations #2)
  • The Curvy Sister
  • Virgin Sacrifice (Bred to the Beast: The Virgin Trilogy, #2)
  • WyndRiver Sinner (WesternWind, #1)
  • Take Your Teddy to Work Day (Her Teddy Bear, #2)
  • Bad Boy Rebound
  • Rhal (The Ujal, #3)
NEW YORK TIMES, USA TODAY, WALL STREET JOURNAL and international bestselling author Jasinda Wilder is a Michigan native with a penchant for titillating tales about sexy men and strong women. Her bestselling titles include ALPHA, STRIPPED, WOUNDED, and the #1 Amazon and international bestseller FALLING INTO YOU. You can find her on her farm in Northern Michigan with her husband, author Jack Wilder, ...more
More about Jasinda Wilder...

The Preacher's Son (3 books)
  • Unbound (The Preacher's Son, #1)
  • Unbroken (The Preacher's Son, #3)