Start by marking “Hidden Gifts (Castle Mountain Lodge, #2)” as Want to Read:
Hidden Gifts (Castle Mountain Lodge, #2)

Hidden Gifts (Castle Mountain Lodge #2)

And his plan was working fine…until Ella, the child he didn’t know he had appears in his life.

Morgan’s always known
Published September 18th 2012 by Ink Blot Communications

To ask other readers questions about Hidden Gifts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hidden Gifts

Judy
Sep 29, 2012 Judy rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves the outdoors and a romantic love story.
Once more the Canadian Rockies comes to life in this second Castle Mountain Lodge book by Ms Aitken. Wonderful scenery description, great narration and a romantic love story too. You can't help love the sexy mountain man Bo from the very beginning and cheer for him as he faces the new challenges in his life. The city gal Morgan, who has secrets of her own, finds herself enjoying the mountains. As they bcome involved in lifestyles that are new to them they discover love and each others secrets. I ...more
Hannah
Jun 13, 2017 Hannah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this story. I just didn't like this couple as much as the other one. I did like how they both grew as people and were finally able to be happy.
Amanda
Dec 28, 2013 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Morgan gets some bad news from her doctor and needs to get away. She takes a job at Castle Mountain Lodge but ends up with a job that she doesn't want and didn't sign up for.

Bo is in charge of the trails at the lodge and thinks his life is going pretty well until a daughter he doesn't know he had shows up and he is forced into being a dad.

Ella is a sweet little girl that lost her mom, the only person she really knew and she is thrown into a life at a lodge with a man she never knew about. Ella
Steena Holmes
Sep 06, 2012 Steena Holmes rated it it was amazing
I love how the romance shapes between the couple. From the witty dialogue to the endearing little girl - it was a read I really enjoyed!
vickie Chaisson
Jan 28, 2017 vickie Chaisson rated it it was amazing
Castle Mountain Lodge sounds perfect doesn't it. Elena Aiken has picked the perfect setting for her sweet love story. As Bo is settling into another season at the lodge he finds out he has a daughter Ella who he never knew about. Ella's mother has died of cancer and he social worker just dropped her off. Morgan who's just showed up for her first season at the Lodge as an event planner thrown for a loop when they need her to run the daycare center when the last thing she wants to do is be around ...more
April
This is another super sweet romance in the series. Things are mostly light and fluffy between the two characters. They each have something deep to deal with and work out. I do love they way they find that even though they are both flawed, they are perfect for each other.

Morgan has a lot on her plate when she comes to the lodge looking to escape. Life has a way of messing up those plans and she finds herself taking care of the kids, something she was running away from. You really feel her heartac
Nyssa
The last 4 or 5 chapters saved this book for me. It was heading towards camp DNF if things hadn't improved. The setup is painfully contrived, as is the ending, and the writing still feels amateurish; it is very repetitive. The male protagonist of this story really started to get on my nerves. Once he got his act together, however, the remainder of the story was okay.
Claire
Aug 27, 2013 Claire rated it it was amazing
Amazing story, grabbed my attention from beginning to end! Recommend to all. Looking forward to more in this series.
Lennie McDonald
Feb 16, 2017 Lennie McDonald rated it it was amazing
I have fallen in love with Castle Mountain lodge - this is the book to curl up with on a rainy afternoon and follow Bo as he loses his heart to Ella and Morgan. Can't imagine how scary it would be to become a father out of the blue - the way he handles it is so true to life for a flirt who hasn't had to deal with his heart being involved before. I liked Astrid, Morgans room mate and would love to know more about this free spirited gypsy.

Lennie
Pam
Dec 22, 2014 Pam rated it it was amazing
Hidden Gifts is by Elena Aitken. It is a Castle Lodge Mountain romance. Some of the characters continue from the previous book but others do not. It is a sweet romance and easy to read.
Bo Clancy has arrived at Castle Mountain Lodge needing to talk to Carmen immediately. His dilemma cannot wait. He even rudely interrupts her conversation with a beautiful lady whom he antagonizes. He knows Carmen doesn’t really like him but now he has another lady to dislike him. His luck is running bad. He conf
Coral Mitchell
Jun 25, 2016 Coral Mitchell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bo’s always known that to be a successful hiking guide at the beautiful Castle Mountain Lodge, you have to flirt with the ladies-but never get too close; have a penchant for wild adventures-but know when to pull away; and never have any ties holding you back. His plan was working fine until Ella, the child he didn’t know he had appears in his life. Morgan’s always known what she wanted out of life but when the doctor’s crippling diagnosis changes everything, she knows she needs a fresh start. Ma ...more
Karry
Jun 25, 2015 Karry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favorite in the series so far!

What a beautifully emotional story! Bo, little Ella, and Morgan are probably my favorite blended family characters ever! This book was so powerful. No child comprehends being given away, taken away, left, or abandoned. It's never their fault, but they don't understand that. Ella is a treasure. I love her! Bo gets thrown into the deep end without knowing how to swim. He makes big mistakes like any other person might in that position, but damn if he didn't fix it a
Deb Blackbourn
Feb 05, 2017 Deb Blackbourn rated it it was amazing
I was skeptical; but the author really surprised me! A single outdoorsman finds he is a father when the mother of his child dies leaving him with the young girl. The girl doesn't speak until she meets a special person. The story deals with the uncertainty the father feels, the fear of the little girl, the social worker's attitude & the woman in the midst of loving the girl & finding herself falling in love with the father. A feel-good story!
Sarah Jane
Nov 08, 2016 Sarah Jane rated it it was ok
It's been quite a while since I read the first book in this series, but I had expected a little something more. I found most of the characters unlikable and I never really felt Bo and Morgan's connection, it just all seemed very superficial. I liked the concept of the story and I would have probably liked the book if it'd had a little more depth. Maybe it was just that it was short and felt rushed. I guess the main conflict was Bo's crisis of conscience giving up his daughter and backsliding to ...more
Dawn Trepczyk
Dec 31, 2014 Dawn Trepczyk rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this story. This is Morgan, and Bo's story. Bo thought he had his life in order until one day he has a 4 year old daughter that he knew nothing about. Morgan went to the mountains to hide. She is trying to work her way through the pain of not being able to have a child of her own. When she meets Bo and his daughter Ella her heart melts. I will not go on and tell you anymore than this I don't want to spoil it for you all.
Constance
Nov 13, 2014 Constance rated it it was amazing
You will fall in love with Bo, Morgan, and Ella in this visit to the Lodge that we fell in love with in Unexpected gifts while meeting some new and exciting characters. This story is filled with romance, mystery, and love like true romance is supposed to be. Elena again impressed me with her ability to transform me to the Rocky Mountains and back to the Lodge!!
Cheri
Dec 22, 2013 Cheri rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
Very enjoyable read, but I felt we could have gotten to know the hero and heroine a bit better. I liked the twist on the single parent theme here, it was a fresh look that was interesting. As with the first book in this series, this book delivered on the warm fuzzies without delving into X rated territory.
Korinna Props-berry
Apr 14, 2014 Korinna Props-berry rated it it was amazing
This was such a great read! Elena Aitken has a phenomenal way of writing where each book touches your heart, and you cannot wait to see where the next adventure leads. I would like to see some marriages though!
Melissa Addonizio
I love the hot version better it's makes the story feel
The love and and iminage what going on
Makes you feel good and the words being deacribed

Ah awesome work I love it.
I think we need more steamy hot stoiea haha
Grate work
Debbie
Dec 17, 2014 Debbie rated it it was amazing
The characters in book are amazing. You will feel God working on Bo and Morgan throughout this book. The way these two work together to help Ella is amazing. You won't be able to stop reading this book.
Susan Weber
Morgan runs to Castle mountain Lodge after she gets bad news. She wants to run away from her life and start a new career. She meets Bo who learns that he has a daughter after her mother has passed away. Can Morgan and Bo find love??? Or will she run away from that too??
Sherri Smith
Feb 22, 2014 Sherri Smith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Castle Mountain Lodge

Too bad it's not a real place! I've fallen in love with it and the beautiful stories that happen there. The characters of Elena's books seem almost real and each book mentions those characters to tie them into its storyline.
Sylvie
Aug 23, 2016 Sylvie rated it really liked it
needs another proofread, found several grammar/word issues
Kirstie Ibrahim
Nov 21, 2016 Kirstie Ibrahim rated it it was amazing
Loved the character Bo and how he developed his relationship with his daughter. Looking forward to reading more in this series
Michelle
Jan 09, 2017 Michelle rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
An endearing romance with well developed characters. I enjoyed it.
Tammy
Aug 03, 2016 Tammy rated it it was amazing
Normally I don't like stories where one the characters have a child already but I loved this one
Carrie Felton
Super sweet!

I loved thymus story! Ella was the cutest little girl and seeing Bo learn more about himself was really great.
Shelley Lawrence
May 17, 2016 Shelley Lawrence rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. I really enjoyed this sweet story. Simple, cute and quick, but heart-warming. I also like how Elena links the characters from other books into each new story.
Linda Zelinsky
Dec 09, 2015 Linda Zelinsky rated it it was amazing
Loved Megans and Bo's story. Had laughs and emotions in it. Looking forward to the next book.
Maryann Fox
A bacelor, a young woman and a little girl combine to find that hidden gifts are what matters most: the gifts aren't physical ones but gifts of the heart

Looking forward to this book 1 2 Sep 06, 2012 10:41AM
  • Are You Sitting Down?
  • If You Lived Here
  • Taking Chances (Alpine, #2)
  • The Hazards of Hunting While Heartbroken
  • Ain't Misbehaving (Everson, Texas #1)
  • Long Night Moon
  • Complications Over Coffee (Up in Flames #3)
  • In Search of a Memory
  • Winds of Change
  • Nobody Girl
  • Hell Yeah! Volume 1: Box Set With Bonus Cookbook
  • Life by Design (Design, #2)
  • Betrayed
  • The Jacobites' Apprentice
  • Night of the Aurora (Salmon Run, #1)
  • Dreamweaver Trail (Eternity Springs, #8)
  • Unforgettable Love (Inspiration Point Series #2)
  • Always Ready
Living in the shadow of the Rocky Mountains in the foothills of Alberta, Elena spends her days chauffeuring her twins and writing stories - basically, living what she loves!

Elena escapes to the mountains as often as possible and can often be found sitting by the water, plotting her next book.

Be the first to know the latest about new book releases, get coupons for new books, and learn all the ins
More about Elena Aitken...

Castle Mountain Lodge (8 books)
  • Unexpected Gifts (Castle Mountain Lodge, #1)
  • Mistaken Gifts (Castle Mountain Lodge, #3)
  • Secret Gifts (Castle Mountain Lodge, #4)
  • Goodbye Gifts (Castle Mountain Lodge, #5)
  • Tempting Gifts (Castle Mountain Lodge, #6)
  • Holiday Gifts (Castle Mountain Lodge #7)
  • Accidental Gifts (Hope Falls; Castle Mountain Lodge #8)