Start by marking “Hyde (Hyde, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hyde (Hyde, #1)
Read Excerpt* *Different edition

Hyde (Hyde #1)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  2,415 ratings  ·  409 reviews
To survive, they must embrace what they most despise . . . in themselves and each other.

Mitch Turner is everything women want most in a man—charismatic, successful, drop-dead gorgeous. Except he’s not a man—he’s a monster.

Published September 4th 2012 by Off The Hook Publishing (first published July 8th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Hyde, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hyde

Hyde, an Urban Fantasy is the first book in a series by Lauren Stewart. I went into reading this book knowing that it was a modern retelling of The Strange Case of Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson but Lord Almighty I had no idea that I was about to jump on a roller coaster for a crazy ass ride!

"Everyone lies."

"I don't."

She shook her head. "If I'm not honest, then how can I expect other people to be honest with me?"

Eden Colfax is

HOLY MOTHER OF AWESOME! This book was a pleasant surprise....BEYOND a pleasant surprise! Little ol' me was searching through Goodreads trying to find a new book to read when...OH! What is this?!? it appears to be Hyde, an Urban Fantasy.

First I was like hmmm

then i was like WOAH!

and now I'm like NOOOOOO!!!!

Alright. Now that I have calmed down let me head straight to the summary. Hyde
“No one wants to know someone else’s pain or that they have darkness within them. But you . . . You make me feel like I don’t have to hide anything."

OMG Pictures, Images and Photos

I wasn't expecting this book to be ... to be .... ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY BRILLIANT !!! HOLY CREEPERS !

My brain is running around in circles right now , gaah , I cant even think straight !

Breathe bitch just breathe .... Thats right , Inhale ... Exhale .... Inhale .... Exhale .... Better .

WOW WOW and simply WOW ! Urban Fantasies are not really

“Please, Eden,” he begged, his lips grazing her cheek. He’d die if he couldn’t touch her again. Curl up and fucking wilt like an annual in the fall. “One more time,” he whispered.

This book is an experience. It's not just a story you read to pass your time. It's a story you live in, while you worship the complication of Hyde and Jekyll.

If the man is secretly a monster, he will try to stay away from the woman to keep her safe. But if the woman is secretly a monster as wel
Kenya Wright
This is something you will not see a lot of...

This is the retelling of Hyde PLUS a great romance PLUS additional something that I can't say without ruining the book PLUS comedy!

This was just awesome!

It had all of the things I love: bad boy sexy hero, love, romance, sex, mystery, etc

No Love Triangle... :-( I almost should take half a star but I won't because it was that great!

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
PG's (Pavlina & Georgia) Weekend BookClub!

5 HUGE STARS for this amazing story!!

Warning: Contains a smart-ass, sexy alpha male with a monstrous personality (pun intended!), a goody two-shoes female lead, with a lusty alter ego, who can kick ass and take names, sarcasm, intelligent plot and more twists than a pretzel. If you like dull books don't bother with this!!

I was prepared for a retelling of the classic story The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Loius Stevenson, but this
P.A. Lupton

I’ve always loved the story of Jekyll and Hyde. It represents so much more than a crazy doctor who changes into a monster. It symbolizes the duality of good and evil in every person, and the idea that everyone has a little bit of bad in them. Hyde was such an interesting twist to an old story and I loved it. Lauren Stewart did an excellent job of retelling a story that’s been done before, and she did it in such a unique and fresh way. It makes you think, it makes you laugh, it makes you cry, and
The BookChick
My Rating:

Book Description:

The only way Mitch can protect others from his monstrous side is to stop them from getting too close…that and a 7x7 foot cage. Isolated by his genetic curse, he spends his life hurting people emotionally, driving them away before Hyde can harm them
Lauren Stewart
Oct 15, 2012 Lauren Stewart rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Addendum to my addendum: The great news is...Hyde is now available on B&N! So all you incredibly patient Nook readers won't have to hunt me down after all. Thank you again for understanding! Very big smile on my face right now. :)

Addendum: THE BOOK IS OUT! Whoot! Doing happy dance now...hard to type...and breathe...gotta go...

I just thought I should mention that it is not for the faint of heart. If you despise cussing, sex, or sarcasm, I suggest you go find another book.

Of course, if you lo
DNF-could not finish.

It has taken me three months to attempt to finish this but it ain't happening for the following reasons:

1. This book has 40 pages worth of story stuck in a book that is 335 pages long. No movement in story and slow as fuck.
2. Characters are boring and I could not care less about them.
3. Heroine "Eden" is officially my most hated book character ever. She's an idiot, she's pathetic and she is now the only fictional character that I wish was real solely for

I am having such a great run with the Amazon freebies and cheapies at the moment.

I read a lot of books, and I read a lot of romance books. When you read this many books there comes a time when you realise characters/plots/setting are often recycled in this genre. It breeds the cliché. When that time comes cute little stories that you would years previously have loved and smacked a 5 star on it can’t really get beyond 3.5 stars. Don’t get me wrong I love to read such stories but if it
Alana ~ The Book Pimp
This left me perplexed... it's really difficult for me to rate it. Originality, just that fact that it is different does indeed deserve 5's. The fact that I wanted to keep reading (it was a page-turner) also is worth 5's. So two REALLY good things right there.

Choices that characters made (just my opinion) were at maybe a 3. My anger level while reading (if angriest=lowest number) was around a 2 level. There were moments where I absolutely wanted to reach through my Kindle and choke the character
I’m going 4.5 but fully enjoyed this book almost cover to cover.

I was in a funk when I got nudged into giving this one a try. It was on my radar and I’m not exactly sure what turned me off in the first place or if it just got lost in the pile. Anyway thanks for the shout Sare. *waves* I love books that kind of get you at the prologue and just suck you in. Well that is what this book did to me. It helps when going in I was thinking it was going to be the same story of Jekyll and Hyde that we all
Olivia ツ
So much hype around this book lately. I liked it, didn't crazy love it though.

What I enjoyed: the story. As many have stated this is a retelling of the Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. The balance between good and evil. Can these be controlled? Does being too good throw the balance off and vice versa? I enjoyed the wit and sarcasm of Mitchell and Eden.

What I didn't enjoy: although I understand the point that was being made, I felt like Eden was just too damn naive. TOO much. To the point
All I can really say is, "Wow"! This book had me from the first page right until the last. I stayed up pretty much all night to finish it and I will be a walking zombie today;but it was so worth it!
If Lauren Stewart keeps writing books like this, she will go far as an author. I am so waiting in anticipation for the next book!!!
This book was a great new take on the "Jekyl and Hyde" idea. As I read this book I went through a roller coaster of emotions, and I love books that do that for me. Not onl
Sarah (Sare)
I absolutely LOVED Hyde!

If you are looking for and Urban Fantasy that sucks you into the story from page one and leaves you going...what the hell just happened? Then this is the book for you! The story was entertaining and kept me guessing from the beginning to the very end.

5 STARS all the way for me!!!

When two people that could not be more wrong and dangerous for one antoher meet and keep meeting it is what I would like to call destiny...

That is what happens to Eden & Mitch. However, Mitc
Christina McKnight
Amazing read! Interesting, fresh, and new spin on Urban Fantasy. I couldn't put this book down and I highly anticipate the release of book #2.

I can't recall the last time I was this into a book. Wow, this was awesome. This may be my favorite book that I've read so far this year--definitely top two, maybe top one. There's so much originality in this book. It was like a breath of fresh air with respect to paranormal romance.

We have Mitch and we have Eden. And as you can guess from the title, at least one of them has a little Jekyll/Hyde problem. They both have strong, well-defined personalities. Immediately, they don't like each other.
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
Yet another incredibly consuming book with plenty of excellent sexual tension and even better sex scenes. A very gripping first book in a series.

I loved the struggle Mitch and Eden had to deal with in trying to control themselves and the attraction they had for each other. Mitch was a dick, but I understood why he was that way. Although, in pushing people away, he set himself up for a massive deceit. It amazes me what had been going on in his life for fifteen years and he'd had not one clue. But
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~
Well, damn. That was quite a ride. Lies, secret organizations, betrayal, murder, monsters and mayhem galore. It was quite a lot to pack in. I was frustrated for a good deal of the beginning of the book. I couldn't decided who could be trusted, and the only character I even kind of liked was Eden. But then good old Mitch finally gave in and actually became the hero of the story, and what a hero he was. Talk about a tortured soul. He was intent on being the bad guy, even if he didn't really want t ...more
Cover: 3/10
Amount of jealousy: 1/10
Hotness: 7/10
Romance: 8/10
Ending: 8/10
Extra book Details: Told in 3rd person. Whole series is released. Cliffhanger in this book.

I'm almost a total newbie when it comes to anything but realistic fiction. But this was great, it was very realistic, and the parts that had fantasy elements wasn't filled full of mumbo-jumbo.

I loved the erotic elements, though I wished there was more
This was an AMAZING book!
I haven't read a Jekyll/Hyde retelling before and I'm IN LOVE/LUST with him!! Hyde starts out with a bang and does NOT let up until the last page.

Eden and Mitch are some of the best characters I've read about and am looking forward to the next part of their story, which, sadly isn't going to be here until December.

And if you like the 'Bad Boy/Tortured Hero' AT all - Mitch is your man! I actually wanted to just smack the sh*t out of him for about half (or more) the bo
I wish I would have taken my time with this book. (would have lasted longer) But I couldn't bring myself to putting it down! (except when reality would enter) I'm hating that I have to wait 3 months to see what happens (i'm counting the Saturday's) have to read the book to understand that.

Will I be recommending this book to fellow readers...abso-fucken-lutely :) Thank You Lauren Stewart for a..........phenomenal read!

P.S. to the fellow readers out there, if you haven't already, add this to you
Jeynna ( The Romance Junkie)
2 stars

Okay, I'll just keep my review simple and short for this not so interesting book.

I love the cover,yeah. The cover is pretty and when I see the title "HYDE", it instantly peaked my interest to read this. I went in blind, since Dr.Jekyll & Mr.Hyde is my favorite book when I was still in high school so I thought this might be an interesting story. But, boy...I was wrong!

I was boooooreeeeddd!!! Like seriously, I couldn't connect with all of the characters. It is important for me to feel
GRRRR....I didn't know this was a cliffhanger. I would have waited for book 2 to be released (in December) before embarking on book 1. When I say cliffhanger...I mean a 100% bona fide cliffhanger.
This book was an interesting mystery with a unique storyline that kept me on my toes. This was a no skimming type of read where I sometimes had to go back and reread a paragraph to make sure I was following the action. I did think the pace in the first 65% of the book could have moved a little faster.
Stefanie Pristavu
Okay... WOW, what a roller-coaster. Honestly. this just got better and better.
I admit, it was a little hard to get into it at the beginning, but that could be because I didn't get straight out reading time.
Here's the thing. I loved this book. I won't say it's perfect, because it's not, but it just hit the spot for me. Kinda like crack - yup, book crack.

Here's what rocks:
- the characters - yup, liked them both. Even if they were extremes, they still felt real, rang true in my delicate ears. They
4 1/2 stars.

I would be very frustrated right now if I didn't have Jekyll, an Urban Fantasy already loaded up & ready to read. Brutal cliffy, so I'll cut to the chase:

Loving this series. A departure from the usual spn/monster stories and unique plot. Well written and sexy as hell - it's the perfect mix of hotness and storytelling. A few things frustrated me at times, but they work themselves out and I was just overall impressed and easily pulled in.

Now, I have a sequel to begin devouring, an
Jennifer Comeaux
Lauren Stewart, I bow down to your ability to mix humor with such a dark story line! I loved the sarcasm (especially Mitch's) and the banter between Mitch and Eden. Watching their relationship develop, with all of its complex emotional layers, was absolutely fascinating. Their push and pull was my favorite part of the book.

I don't usually read dark stories like this, but Hyde totally sucked me in. Warning - it's not for the faint of heart - there's lots of blood, cursing, and explicit material,
Urban Fantasy Afi...: January Free Read - Hyde 14 28 Jan 24, 2014 01:15PM
amazing?? 9 54 Jan 24, 2014 07:21AM
The Booknatics: FREE!!! Hyde, by Lauren Stewart 1 4 Nov 26, 2013 05:09PM
Shut Up & Read: Hyde by Lauren Stewart 57 43 May 27, 2013 11:23AM
Shut Up & Read: Hyde by Lauren Stewart-May 17 65 May 25, 2013 07:03PM
  • Come Alive (Experiment in Terror, #7)
  • Pure & Sinful (Pure Souls, #1)
  • Kindred (Kindred, #1)
  • Caged View: A Collection of Urban Fantasy Short Stories (Santeria Habitat, #0.5)
  • Tegan's Blood (The Ultimate Power, #1)
  • Binds (Binds, #1)
  • The Soul Mate (The Holy Trinity, #1)
  • Pure Healing (Pure Ones, #1)
  • The Scribe (Irin Chronicles, #1)
  • Your Guardian Angel (Guardian Angel, #1)
  • Strength (Mark of Nexus, #1)
  • My Familiar Stranger (Knights of Black Swan, #1)
  • Hunters
  • Inhale (Just Breathe, #1)
  • Sweet Blood of Mine (Overworld Chronicles, #1)
Lauren Stewart lives in Northern California with two of the most amazing children that the world has ever seen. She reads almost every genre so, naturally, her writing reflects that. With every book, every story, you'll find elements of other genres--fantasy, mystery, romance, paranormal, suspense, YA, women's literature, all with a touch of humor because what doesn't kill us should make us laugh. ...more
More about Lauren Stewart...

Hyde (3 books)
  • Jekyll (Hyde, #2)
  • Strange Case (Hyde, #3)

“Hope is nice. Fucking useless in this situation, but still nice. You have one sentence before you start bleeding. Make it good.” 10 likes
“Mitch thought she looked like an angel might—if the angel had fallen very hard into a very naughty position.” 9 likes