Start by marking “Corpse Suzette (Savannah Reid, #11)” as Want to Read:
Corpse Suzette (Savannah Reid, #11)

Corpse Suzette (A Savannah Reid Mystery #11)

Full-figured P.I. Savannah Reid, accompanying her assistant's cousin Abigail, who has won an extreme makeover, to a glamorous new luxury spa called Emerge, investigates the mysterious disappearance of a renowned plastic surgeon, a strange case that reveals the dark side of beauty.
Published 2006 by Kensington Books

To ask other readers questions about Corpse Suzette, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Corpse Suzette

Kathleen Dixon
I do enjoy searching out books to fit a particular requirement - in this case it was to read a book where somebody made a New Year's resolution. Happily, my library has an excellent search function! This book is in the crime genre, which I almost always enjoy, and part of a series, so I figured if I enjoyed it then I could add another author to my to-read-more-of list.

As far as the resolution goes, I think the previous book in the series may have involved a house-guest, as it was 'to avoid irrit
E Maria
May 27, 2012 E Maria rated it liked it
The books by G.A. McKevett are fun books to read; light and just enough mystery to enjoy the who done it.

I have read all her books up to current. Sometimes the story line has the same tone as one I read before but she still finds ways to change everything around so in the end you are totally surprised but who done it.

But enough already of who she loves & wants to marry; getting old on that part. How can someone be so great at running a business & sluething but no idea about what she want
Kat
Apr 14, 2016 Kat rated it it was amazing
Holly
Aug 20, 2016 Holly rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-books, mystery, 2016
Plus sized detective Savannah Reid is out to solve the disappearance of a plastic surgeon. Is she missing or is she dead? The opinion changes several times throughout the story. The investigation covers two swanky spas and the people who deal with body modification through surgery. Set on the California coast just outside of LA. Savannah is a Georgia transplant and former police detective who now owns her own agency. Cute fast read, great to take on vacation.
Sara
Dec 01, 2010 Sara rated it liked it
First book that I read in the Savanah Reid mystery series. I enjoyed the story and Savanah who happens to be a great protagonist with a good supporting cast; including Dirk her friend and investigative partner. A famous surgeon disappears right as her new clinic opens, foul play is suspected, but there are not many clues to go on. Savanah is on the case and talks and eats her way through the investigation.
Marcia
May 25, 2013 Marcia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is another Savannah Reid mystery. It deals with the serious subject of how overweight people are mistreated and why they usually have such a poor self-image. Aside from that, the plot of the story is confusing because Dr. Suzette Du Bois is missing. The resolution is less than satisfying because the story really gives no clue who the murderer really is. The ending is bizarre and smacks of Psycho.
Ella
Mar 03, 2008 Ella rated it really liked it
This was the first Savannah Reid Mystery's that I read. I loved Savannah. She is a southern girl with lots of attitude. Some of the lauguage you have to skip over. I do wish they would take out the profanity. it is a great mystery series I have never been able to guess who the bad guy/girl until the very end. it allways keeps you guessing.
Christine
Sep 26, 2011 Christine rated it really liked it
Yes, Savannah curses, eats too much food and has a big body and heart. The connection she has with each of her friends in the detective agency is priceless. I would not change anything about her or her style and quick wit and quirkiness. Another good story and I look forward to each and every book after this one.
Deborah
I always enjoy the Savannah Reid series. The characters are fun, and after having read the first 10 books in the series, they seem like old friends.
This wasn't he best of the series, but I still enjoyed it. Pick up her books for fun, light, mystery reads.
Nancy H
Jul 12, 2012 Nancy H rated it really liked it
This is another good story in the Savannah Reid series. I like it that the heroine is not perfect, nor is her partner, the cop. She has a realistic view of life and treats people in a realistic manner. I really enjoy this mystery series.
Katharine Ott
Jul 01, 2015 Katharine Ott rated it it was ok
Shelves: twbc-read
"Corpse Suzette" - written by G A McKevett and published in 2006 by Kensington Books. A "Savannah Reid" cozy mystery that did not appeal to me.
Sunday Collins
Aug 12, 2010 Sunday Collins rated it really liked it
Wow!This book is amazing it is a great mystery series and it keeps you guessing who the suspect is till the very end!I enjoyed it!
Lorene's
Sep 13, 2015 Lorene's rated it really liked it
I like the characters. Strange relationships, but entertaining. Fairly simple plot, but I never solve the mystery. Blindsided in this one.
Allison
Allison rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2016
Cee Murphey
Cee Murphey rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2016
Sabrina
Sabrina rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2014
Lindsay Martz
Lindsay Martz rated it really liked it
Sep 01, 2012
Sonja
Sonja rated it liked it
Dec 20, 2008
Chrissy
Chrissy rated it really liked it
May 08, 2016
Gina Beirne
Gina Beirne rated it did not like it
Jun 01, 2010
Lena
Lena rated it really liked it
Aug 19, 2009
Rose GM
Rose GM rated it it was ok
Mar 24, 2013
Sassy
Sassy rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2011
Launi
Launi rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2016
James
James rated it liked it
Feb 18, 2012
Diana
Diana rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2012
Stacy Papineau
Stacy Papineau rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2013
Yvette
Yvette rated it it was amazing
Jun 25, 2014
patsy clift
patsy clift rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2015
Emma
Emma rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2007
  • Silent Knife (Celebration Bay, #2)
  • Basil Instinct (Italian Restaurant Mystery, #2)
  • A Blush With Death (A Bath and Body Mystery, #2)
  • Stay At Home Dead (Stay At Home Dad Mystery #1)
  • Murder Can Spoil Your Appetite (Desiree Shapiro Mystery, #7)
  • The Chocolate Bridal Bash (A Chocoholic Mystery, #6)
  • All Fudged Up (Candy-Coated, #1)
  • Death Is Like a Box of Chocolates (A Chocolate Covered Mystery #1)
  • Deadly Valentine (Death on Demand, #6)
  • Peaches and Scream (Georgia Peach Mystery, #1)
  • Hare Today, Dead Tomorrow (Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery, #4)
  • Yankee Doodle Dead (Death on Demand, #10)
  • The Body in the Bouillon (Faith Fairchild, #3)
  • Death by Pantyhose (A Jaine Austen Mystery, #6)
  • A Catered Valentine's Day (A Mystery with Recipes, #4)
  • Hell Hath No Curry (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #15)
  • A Murderous Yarn (A Needlecraft Mystery, #5)
  • Fleur de Lies (Passport to Peril, #9)
Since publication of her first novel in 1986, Sonja Massie has authored over fifty published works, including the highly popular and critically acclaimed SAVANNAH REID MYSTERIES under the pseudonym G. A. McKevett.

Sonja's novels range from Irish historicals to contemporary thrillers. Her earthy humor and fast-paced plots delight her fans, while critics applaud her offbeat characterizations and inci
More about G.A. McKevett...

A Savannah Reid Mystery (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • Just Desserts (A Savannah Reid Mystery, #1)
  • Bitter Sweets (A Savannah Reid Mystery, #2)
  • Killer Calories (A Savannah Reid Mystery, #3)
  • Cooked Goose (Savannah Reid, #4)
  • Sugar and Spite (Savannah Reid, #5)
  • Sour Grapes (Savannah Reid, #6)
  • Peaches and Screams (Savannah Reid, #7)
  • Death by Chocolate (Savannah Reid, #8)
  • Cereal Killer (Savannah Reid, #9)
  • Murder à la Mode (Savannah Reid, #10)