Start by marking “A Chicken Soup for the Soul Christmas” as Want to Read:
A Chicken Soup for the Soul Christmas

A Chicken Soup for the Soul Christmas

Published August 15th 2007 by HCI (first published September 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about A Chicken Soup for the Soul Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Chicken Soup for the Soul Christmas

Angie
Oct 18, 2016 Angie rated it it was ok
Shelves: audio, advent-reads
Synopsis: "The Christmas season is the time of year when families practice traditions of old and begin their own customs. Chicken Soup has been a part of these traditions for many years, and our new Christmas."

My Review: I have really enjoyed Chicken Soup books in years past, they always send you on a roller coaster of emotions. I figured this one would be a great way to get into the holiday spirit. Some of the stories were really great but I found that most of them sounded forced to me. I didn'
Trevor Wells
Jan 02, 2016 Trevor Wells rated it liked it
Shelves: etc
Believe it or not, this review started out somewhat seasonal, as I started read this installment in the Chicken Soup For The Soul series back in early January. Finally, I finished the last of this collection of holiday stories and, overall, it was a fairly decent read. The writing was on par, the heart was ever present, and there were many stories that stuck with me for a while after reading. But despite that, there were some stories that weren't very memorable. Not bad, but not fantastic either ...more
Meg
Dec 12, 2007 Meg rated it it was amazing
I love this book! I pull it out every Christmas and read a few stories...(no I haven't finished it and will probably be reading it for a few more Christmases!!) With all the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, this book helps me to relax and realize the good that still exists in people and help me to truly enjoy the holiday season (rather than getting totally cranky about lines and spending!). I recommend it to anyone that likes heart-warming anecdotal holiday stories...just make sure you h ...more
Shirley
Dec 31, 2010 Shirley rated it it was amazing
This would be a great book to read every year as a reminder of the true meaning of Christmas. I loved the quotes at the beginning of each chapter and would like to go back through and write some of them down since this is a library copy. The cartoons brought smiles and the short stories were filled with warmth and caring. I would like to purchase a copy of my own and think the book would make a lovely early Christmas gift for family and friends.
Pat Williams
Jan 25, 2016 Pat Williams rated it liked it
I borrowed this book from the library. Read a few of the entries within. Never got to finish it all because as I read the entry by Janet K. Brennan, "The Twelve Days of Christmas," I had an idea. Divine inspiration. I became too busy to continue reading. Even though I did not finish the book - it is one of my favorites because of how it effected me... Note to self, see notes in the "my edition" tab in Shelfari.
Anita Schweppe
I am usually not one for books of this type with short stories and haven't enjoyed some of the other chicken soup books all that much. I was given this as a gift and was very, very pleasantly surprised. I loved it. It really got me more in the mood for Christmas and none too soon as I didn't finish it until December 21st.
Deb Sharp
Nov 26, 2009 Deb Sharp rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just finished this book today, I started it yesterday! I could not put it down, I cried over nearly every story in it it is such a beautiful book, the stories are so heartfelt.
Sue J
Jul 07, 2012 Sue J rated it it was amazing
I haven 't read a Chicken Soup book for a long time. I just picked it out of the many books I have waiting to be read. Tears of joy and tears of sorrow were plentiful. The many lessons learned here prove that the Christmas spirit should prevail all year round!
Dec 13, 2011 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love these stories and have reread each year during the Christmas Season.
Ivy
Dec 04, 2012 Ivy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-books

Hi
Marion
Jan 07, 2014 Marion rated it liked it
Fun easy read that reminds us of the magic of Christmas.
Megan
Dec 04, 2013 Megan rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not exactly Christmasy in the sense that every story in it made me want to weep like a little girl.
Ashley
Jun 20, 2011 Ashley added it
amazing!!!
Beth Cato
My story is on page 362.
Nicole De'sweetheart
Nicole De'sweetheart rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2013
Haley Ellis
Haley Ellis rated it it was amazing
Aug 03, 2009
Phoenix Woelfle
Phoenix Woelfle rated it it was amazing
Jun 16, 2011
Anh
Anh rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2015
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it liked it
Jan 08, 2012
Benedetto Conversano
Benedetto Conversano rated it it was ok
Sep 10, 2014
Rosemary Daly
Rosemary Daly rated it liked it
Jul 23, 2011
Mikeala
Mikeala rated it liked it
Mar 31, 2011
Cheryl Willams
Cheryl Willams rated it really liked it
Dec 19, 2015
Donna
Donna rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2013
Tamarus
Tamarus rated it really liked it
Dec 24, 2011
Tracy Mctaggart
Tracy Mctaggart rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2011
Dawn
Dawn rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2014
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Sep 03, 2012
Angela
Angela rated it it was amazing
Oct 10, 2010
Kristy
Kristy rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Red Suit Diaries: A Real-Life Santa on Hopes, Dreams, and Childlike Faith
  • Trust & Treachery: Tales of Power and Intrigue
  • Choosing Happiness: Keys to a Joyful Life
  • Chicken Soup for the Soul: Raising Kids on the Spectrum: 101 Inspirational Stories for Parents of Children with Autism and Asperger’s
  • On Grandma's Porch: Stories and True Facts about Growing up Southern in the Good Old Days (Sweet Tea, #3)
  • Apple Tree Christmas
  • Tree Spirited Woman
  • Life Is Short, Wear Your Party Pants
  • Year's Best Young Adult Speculative Fiction 2013
  • إخلع رداء التوتر : 30 طريقة مرحة للتخلص من التوتر
  • Clockwork Phoenix 5
  • Chicken Soup for the Soul: Say Goodbye to Stress: Manage Your Problems, Big and Small, Every Day
  • C is for Chimera
  • Couple Skills: Making Your Relationship Work
  • Coffee: 14 Caffeinated Tales of the Fantastic
  • The Courage to Be Yourself: A Woman's Guide to Emotional Strength and Self-Esteem / Sue Patton Thoele
  • Staying Away at Christmas
  • A Christmas Blizzard

Canfield received a BA in Chi
More about Jack Canfield...