Start by marking “Ground Truth (A Jack Strider Novel)” as Want to Read:
Ground Truth (A Jack Strider Novel)

Ground Truth (A Jack Strider Novel)

Racing against the clock and dodging bullets, Jack and Debra
uncover corporate greed and political corruption that lead all
the way from a sacred cave in the Mexican mountains to the
Oval Office. When the President of the United States refuses
to stop the impending catastrophes, Jack risks everything,
including his life. But can he learn the "ground truth" fast
enough to sa
Published August 31st 2012 by ImaJinn Books, Inc (first published April 30th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Ground Truth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ground Truth

Cndy
Jun 30, 2016 Cndy rated it really liked it
Nuclear waste and what does and doesn't happen to it. Intriguing story. And how is it we treat Mexico? Makes you wonder what's true and what's make believe.
Kira
Oct 26, 2016 Kira rated it really liked it
Quick moving plot filled with lots of drama. I like that there was a small love interest but that it in no way dominated the story line. I got this for free on the Amazon top seller list but definitely would have paid for it.
Lisa Steiner
Oct 07, 2016 Lisa Steiner rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Captivating

Intrigue.....mystery.....action....bit of romance....perfect novel! Appeared to be well researched....sad to think greed is such a powerful motivator over concern for human life!
Shari Morehouse
May 16, 2013 Shari Morehouse rated it really liked it
Ground Truth was requested through netgalley.com to review. I requested it because it was a mystery/thriller and because it is Sangster’s first novel although not the first book that he's had published.

The main character is Jack Strider, a corporate lawyer with aspirations to the Supreme Court. His world is turned upside down when his father commits suicide and ugly truths are revealed about what he was involved in. Jack is immediately tainted by this even though he and his father were not close
Pat Morgan
Feb 13, 2015 Pat Morgan rated it it was amazing
Page turner, page turner, page turner! This book surprised me. I'd met the author, knew he was a lawyer and a world traveler with a strong interest in social justice (right down my alley) so I bought it. By the time I got to the third page I was hooked on the book and the pace picked up with every chapter as "hotshot Stanford law professor Jack Strider" gets fired from his job because his cold-hearted, highly successful father (who commits suicide in front of him on page 3) has been caught ...more
Hester Maree
Aug 28, 2016 Hester Maree rated it really liked it
Shelves: thrillers
Stanford law professor, Jack Strider, is forced to abandon his goal of serving on the U.S. Supreme Court when his father involves him in a scandal, effectively ruining his reputation. Jobless and desperate, he accepts an assignment from an accredited law firm, which takes him to crime-ridden Juarez, Mexico, San Francisco and the Oval Office.
His brief is to defend a corrupt corporate client, who is a kingpin in the business of illegal nuclear waste disposal. In the end Jack doesn't know who to tr
Jennifer Robb
Jun 19, 2016 Jennifer Robb rated it liked it
Recommended to Jennifer by: amazon
Jack Strider strives to eventually be appointed to the Supreme Court. He thinks he's on a set course by making a name for himself as a law professor. However, his father's suicide and the discovery that his father was likely involved in smuggling young Mexican girls into the country for human trafficking, derails Jack's path. Jack accepts the advice of a mentor who lines up a job with a big law firm. However, Jack soon finds himself shuffled off to Mexico to deal with a problem for one of the ...more
Christi
Jun 21, 2016 Christi rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Truth

I couldn't get into this. I kept putting it down, hoping that the next time I picked it up it would grab me. Sadly, it never did. There is so much filler and fluff that completely distracted me from the story. Trying to keep track of how water (and sludge) gets from point A to point B, what location we're in, which honcho is an immediate threat - there were just too many things going on. The random sex wasn't helpful either. If it carries along the story, fine -- I can overlook it. When it'
Ian Carrillo
Jun 21, 2016 Ian Carrillo rated it liked it
The writing occasionally suffers from what seems to be a lack of editing and a reliance on clichés, but I was captivated from page one. At first, the very fast pace of the story threw me off. Characters make decisions very quickly and change their minds on a dime. But after a while I started to appreciate that. Sangster doesn't include a lot of extraneous detail and keeps the story moving forward.

Though the actions and motives of some characters aren't completely believable to me, I highly recom
Tulay
Jun 16, 2016 Tulay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eco-thriller.

Jack Strider is very good professor and lawyer. He was dealt a bad hand by his father's legacy, but against all odds he did managed to expose how nuclear and very deadly waste was being transferred and possessed. Money hungry, corrupt lawyers, American and Mexican officials.
Sally Bartlett
Chock full of intrigue, bad guys, danger and suspense

Actually it was too chock full for my reading taste and too detailed about every maneuver so I only gave it 3 stars but to the right reader it would be 5. Very well written but I skipped lots of chapters after half way through to get to the final 2.
Jerry Walch
Aug 05, 2016 Jerry Walch rated it it was amazing
This has to be one of the best, if not the best, legal thrillers that I have read in years. It's a page turner, you wont want to stop reading until you have read the very last word in the very last sentence. I can only hope that Rob has plans for writing another book featuring Jack and Debra. Get it, read it, you'll be glad that you did.
Carin Rafferty
Apr 22, 2013 Carin Rafferty rated it it was amazing
I love a good thriller. The only thing I love more is a good thriller that teaches me something new about our world. Ground Truth is both a timely environmental thriller that shows just how important it is to protect our water supplies, but it's also a great thriller with an intrepid hero with some interesting and fun sidekicks. I look forward to more books from this author.
Sandi Stover
Jun 11, 2016 Sandi Stover rated it really liked it
I liked this book. I really like the characters Jack, Debra and Gano. What a crazy adventure they had. I'll definitely read the next book in the series to see where their adventure takes them next.
Pauline J
Jul 02, 2016 Pauline J rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Powerful!

What a read!! My first time with this author, and a great experience! Fast moving and very informative. Looking forward to this author's next read.
Rodney
Jun 16, 2016 Rodney rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this story. Very gripping and fast paced. A look into how corrupt people really are.
Sandra Casile
Jun 20, 2016 Sandra Casile rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unbelievable storyline.

This is one of those stories you don't want to put down because you need to get to the end.
Wendy Anderson
Jul 11, 2016 Wendy Anderson rated it liked it
This is a fun, easy read if you enjoy action adventure. A real page-turner. The starter book for what promises to be a series I will continue.
Don Vert
Jun 11, 2016 Don Vert rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kept me interested

I was sceptical in the beginning of the story, but was hooked by the second chapter. Well written, could not stop reading.
Polly Clawson
Polly Clawson rated it it was amazing
Nov 14, 2016
Dora L Wheeler
Dora L Wheeler rated it it was amazing
Jun 12, 2016
bohdan melnyczuk
bohdan melnyczuk rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2016
M.C.D.
M.C.D. rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2016
JoAnn V. Arvis
JoAnn V. Arvis rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2016
Blondie
Blondie rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2016
Stacey Newby
Stacey Newby rated it it was amazing
Jul 26, 2016
Margie Paranac
Margie Paranac rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2016
JoyceCarson1945gmail.com
JoyceCarson1945gmail.com rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2016
darleneabstein
darleneabstein rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2016
Sandra lee
Sandra lee rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Tomorrow City
  • Continental Divide (Separate Ways, #1)
  • Burial
  • Guys in Love: 4 Short Tales of Gay Romance
  • Shadow Scars: Rogue Wolf (Haven City, #1)
  • SOS: A Prequel to The Silence of Six
  • Spectre Rising
  • Shadowed Soul
  • His Undeniable Desire (The Undeniable #1)
  • Black (Black, #1)
  • Inviting Fire (A Sydney Rye Series, #6)
  • Loss of Reason (State of Reason, #1)
  • Fire Point (Ryan Lock, #6)
  • The Vampire's Boy
  • Alex (Striking Back, #4)
  • The Shadow Broker