Start by marking “JLA, Vol. 15: The Tenth Circle (JLA, #15)” as Want to Read:
JLA, Vol. 15: The Tenth Circle (JLA, #15)

JLA, Vol. 15: The Tenth Circle (JLA #15)

1st print edition 2004 JLA: Tenth Circle Trade Paperback, published by DC Comics.
Published December 1st 2004 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about JLA, Vol. 15, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about JLA, Vol. 15

Virginia
I am tempted to give this four stars only because of the closing line by Batman. Hilarious. Also, I found the numerous pop culture references amusing. :)
Kevin Mann
Jan 24, 2016 Kevin Mann rated it it was ok
As a big fan of Claremont/Byrne's XMEN, Iron Fist, Spider-man Marvel Team up collaborations, i came into this with a lifetime of their work in my brain, most of it life-changing. Their Uncanny Xmen run is STILL everything to me, since i happened on it by accident as a child in the late 1970s. After recent rereads, It still resonates for me. So you can see i definetly wanted to love this.....Uh....it wasnt quite as bad as i feared, but not much beyond average fare really. Claremont still over-wri ...more
Peter
Nov 09, 2008 Peter rated it did not like it
I'll keep it short and sweet: this "graphic novel" sucked.

Ever read a comic book, and suddenly been embarrassed because you've suddenly realized that the writer(s) obviously never got the memo (released to the industry after Watchmen and The Dark Knight Returns) that comic books are supposed to actually be intelligent, and that they're now written for adults and not for particularly dim-witted teens? Ever suddenly felt ashamed and amazed that you were actually READING a piece of sophomoric tra
Travis
Nov 16, 2008 Travis rated it really liked it
Shelves: comic-books
There was all kinds of excitement when Byrne/ Clarmont reteamed to do this story, then a bit of 'That' it?" from the fanboy population.

Which means a lot of people missed out on a good, old school style JLA story. Which I was thrilled to get, because the regular JLA series was crap at the time this came out. There's a big menace, lots of action and everybody on the team gets to do something.

There are a few clunky bits, as it feels like they had a list of rules to follow from editorial and let's f
The_Mad_Swede
Apr 24, 2016 The_Mad_Swede rated it really liked it
This volume collects JLA # 94–99 which featured an arc by the reunited comics team of Chris Claremont and John Byrne (most famous for their joint run on the X-Men in the late 70s). Now, let me start by saying that if you are looking for a modern day, deconstructive (or otherwise) take on the superhero genre, move along, this one is probably not for you. However, if you are open to read a very classic and old school superhero tale, this might just be the thing the doctor ordered. It is a very goo ...more
Devero
Apr 26, 2015 Devero rated it liked it
Claremont e Byrne si riuniscono per questa saga in sei parti che ha come scopo il semplice riportare in pista la Doom Patrol originale. Lo fanno tramite la JLA e lo scontro con un vampiro letteralmente senza cuore.
A livello di disegni Byrne, chinato da Ordway, è veramnete molto godibile e certamente all'altezza degli anni '80. La storia architettata da Claremont sta in piedi e si legge bene, ma è l'avversario e il modo di scrivere ad essere un poco fuori tempo.
Da un lato, se la si confronta alle
Shane
Apr 23, 2010 Shane rated it really liked it
Other than a bit too much of the old style, "Getting weaker ... must .. use ... random ... super power ... too ... kick ... bad ... guys ... ass ... quick."

Or "Oh my, the building is falling on those people, need to hurry up and finish this sentence so I can rush to their aid". This was pretty cool.

Everytime I read JLA it always makes me think of how iconic the big three (ww, batman, superman) are and it makes me wonder if there will ever be new "icons" added. It's kinda like bands, will any of
Adam Woodard
Sep 05, 2015 Adam Woodard rated it liked it
Not bad. An interesting vampire story. Also a lot of unanswered things throughout. Not bad though.
William Thomas
Jun 05, 2012 William Thomas rated it did not like it
This book is a prime example of a once great writer who refuses to evolve. Claremont may have been fantastic in the 80's (his X-Men will always be classic) but 20 years later he still uses Silver Age styled storytelling which comes off hokey and stillborn. "He's so strong! And fast! He's dodging all my blows!" really Chris? We couldn't see that for ourselves in the art. Let the art speak, you nitwit. Let it tell it's part of the story. This isn't 1977 anymore. We don't need everything spelled ou ...more
Trang
Jun 29, 2014 Trang rated it it was ok
Batman's pun at the end though
Joe Vincent Iscala
Aug 20, 2015 Joe Vincent Iscala rated it liked it
fair, was ok enough
Steve
Sep 29, 2012 Steve rated it did not like it
This is easily the worst out of all the JLA book I've read. I didn't even like Vol. 3: Rock of Ages but would rather read that again than this boring and predictable entry.

Basically the JLA fight a vampire. That's about it.
Juan Jose
This one was a good story and a nice chance to introduce the Doom Patrol. The combination of Claremont and Byrne was quite good. The inks by Ordway are quite beautiful, until you see the original pencils.
Ahmed ElHawary
May 02, 2016 Ahmed ElHawary rated it it was ok
I did not really enjoy reading that book . The story doesn't really line up and it only 'jumps' from plot-point to plot-point through convenience and nonsensical events.
Robert
Oct 06, 2009 Robert rated it really liked it
A mish-mosh story, but with enough exposition to establish the unfamiliar and new characters so that it is still enjoyable for a casual fan.
Justin
Nov 07, 2010 Justin rated it did not like it
Shelves: comics
Easily the worst JLA arc I've read, and the art wasn't up to part either.
Declan
Jan 19, 2010 Declan rated it did not like it
Terrible book. So disapppointing.
Angela
Nov 19, 2011 Angela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels, dc
JLa vs Vampires, need I say more?
Abhinash Kashyap
Abhinash Kashyap marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2016
dissiminator
dissiminator rated it liked it
Sep 08, 2016
Draper Johnson
Draper Johnson rated it liked it
Aug 14, 2016
Brian
Brian rated it liked it
Aug 14, 2016
P J B
P J B rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2016
Logan
Logan rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2016
Varinder Bhandal
Varinder Bhandal marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2016
Corey
Corey marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2016
Emmanuel Camargo
Emmanuel Camargo marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
  • JLA, Vol. 6: World War III
  • The Final Night
  • Justice League of America: Another Nail
  • Justice League of America, Vol. 4: Sanctuary
  • Batman: Bruce Wayne, Murderer? (New Edition)
  • Essential X-Men, Vol. 8
  • Wonder Woman, Vol. 3: Beauty and the Beasts
John Lindley Byrne is a British-born Canadian-American author and artist of comic books. Since the mid-1970s, Byrne has worked on nearly every major American superhero.

Byrne's better-known work has been on Marvel Comics' X-Men and Fantastic Four and the 1986 relaunch of DC Comics’ Superman franchise. Coming into the comics profession exclusively as a penciler, Byrne began co-plotting the X-Men com
More about John Byrne...