Start by marking “Gather, the Art of Paleo Entertaining” as Want to Read:
Gather, the Art of Paleo Entertaining

Gather, the Art of Paleo Entertaining

There are few joys in life quite like gathering friends and family around the table for a special meal. One of the best parts of making good food is being able to share it with others. With a little bit of thoughtful planning, it can be effortless to entertain your guests and host an incredible meal. However, the true art of paleo entertaining is creating a delicious and ...more
Published April 30th 2013 by Victory Belt Publishing (first published April 28th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Gather, the Art of Paleo Entertaining, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gather, the Art of Paleo Entertaining

Practical Paleo by Diane SanfilippoThe Primal Blueprint by Mark SissonIt Starts with Food by Dallas HartwigWell Fed by Melissa JoulwanThe Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf
Best Paleo/Primal Books
52nd out of 100 books — 137 voters
Well Fed by Melissa JoulwanBeyond Bacon by Matthew McCarryGather, the Art of Paleo Entertaining by Bill StaleyPrimal Cravings by Megan Mccullough KeatleyPrimal Cuisine by Pauli Halstead
Best Paleo Cookbooks
3rd out of 13 books — 7 voters

More lists with this book...

Alison Golden
Apr 30, 2013 Alison Golden rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paleo
Hayley and Bill, who brought us Make It Paleo, have organized their second book around the theme of feasts. Ones I particularly appreciated (because I no longer have to come up with my own ideas) were a Springtime Tea Party, Spooky Supper (Halloween), Thanksgiving Feast and the various dinner party menus. The book recognizes that food isn't just about fuel but also about friendship and bonding. This way you get both. And it's a beautiful book, well photographed, inspiring!
Brooke
May 27, 2013 Brooke rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful addition to my Paleo cookbook collection. I highly recommend if you love to entertain or feel challenged about what to pull together for special occasion meals. So far, everything I've made has been delicious. The photography alone is inspiring enough to start planning my next get-together.
Juliana T.
Jun 04, 2013 Juliana T. rated it it was amazing
I read cookbooks like they are novels! This is one of the most thoughtful, well put together, cookbooks for entertaining I have ever had my hands on! Bravo once again Bill & Hayley! You are paving the way to Paleo cooking for us newbies :-)
Nikki
Jul 06, 2013 Nikki rated it it was amazing
Eating paleo.
What to feed guests? Now you know.
Meals for all seasons.
Cindy
May 06, 2015 Cindy rated it really liked it
Beautiful book that immediately went on my personal wishlist. I love that the recipes are grouped into themed menus. The Take Out-Fake Out idea is something I'm going to have to try for sure! I made the cinnamon maple hotcakes as a test recipe and found they were a bit dry (tasted too eggy) but super easy to make. I didn't know what maple sugar was because the book didn't offer an explanation so I used maple syrup instead. I think this is a weird enough ingredient that it should have had an ...more
Nicole
Mar 10, 2014 Nicole rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbook, spl
Beautiful book, based around seasonal themed meals. I'm one of those weird people who buys specialty books even when I'm not following the particular style of eating... So I have gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan books even though I am. Devoted omnivore. I suspect I would like this book even more if I was actually following a paleo diet but as I'm not I won't be bothering with making pizza crusts out of almond flour or Spanish rice out of grated cauliflower, nor am I likely to search out duck ...more
Melissa Bishop
Jul 25, 2015 Melissa Bishop rated it did not like it
This cook book contains recipes made with non-paleo foods. If you're going to write a cook book about a specific way of eating, you should do your home work and make sure you are not misinforming your readers.
The paleo diet eliminates from your menu/food choices, ALL; beans (including green beans), grains, legumes, dairy, sugar (including 'alternative sugars' such as maple sugar,)and potatoes.
When a cook book has recipes that contain eliminated foods for a specific diet plan, it leads readers
Jessica
Jul 13, 2015 Jessica rated it really liked it
Beautiful photography. really that is what drew me to the book. The recipes can be a bit involved and I think I would pull them out for a special occasion or when I feel like I have more time. Simple would not be my description. However, I like how they lay out what you should be doing days prior and I believe on their website you can print out the menu to set on your own table! Simple beautiful... especially for design challenged people like myself!
Kirstin
Apr 23, 2014 Kirstin rated it liked it
Shelves: cooking, food
Though there are many recipes that contain sugar/sweetener and dairy, thus not strict Paleo, this is a wonderful special occasion hosting cookbook. No detail is left to chance. And the recipes I've tried are outstanding!

Most memorable:
Green Bean Salad with Artichoke Hearts and Olives
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
Balsamic Grilled Vegetables

I've been meaning to make the General Tso's Chicken, several of my friends have referred to it in blush-worthy language!
Kim
May 07, 2015 Kim rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
Absolutely beautiful cookbook! Each section begs me to have some family and friends over for a very special Paleo meal. The recipes are fairly easy to prepare and are made with fairly simple ingredients, but the results make an outstanding presentation. I especially like the Springtime Tea Party menu!
Flahr
Dec 31, 2014 Flahr rated it liked it
The beginning of the onslaught of cookbooks I read this summer/year for #migrainetrial...I was looking for recipes that didn't include about 20 crucial ingredients, or would be easy to work around them. It was a pretty epic list, beyond your basic 8 food allergies. I also had friends who went paleo for the summer, so I was cooking for myself and weekly paleo as well!
Jun 13, 2013 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Beautiful book. I wish I knew they cooked Exclusively with duck/saturated fats. I'm one of the few who has to watch their intake. I wonder if make it paleo is the same? I wish more authors provided subs mods for ingredients. Like ur choice of fat, etc. beautiful book. Excited about Chinese section, hope or turns ok with olive avocado or little coconut oil
Natasha  A.
Jul 21, 2016 Natasha A. rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbook, 2014
Many fantastic ideas on planning a gathering.
I also understand that this book is for those special occasions, where you will probably stray a bit from your way of eating, and realistically this is the better way to do it. Excellent food. But, there is a lot of dairy listed for this being a paleo cookbook.
Sunil Jawahir
Dec 28, 2013 Sunil Jawahir rated it it was amazing
Just great. Check this one out even if you aren't looking for something paleo. Wonderful pictures and presented like a gorgeous coffee table book that's idea if you cook for guests and breaks down everything from shopping to prep times until everything is served.
Angela
Feb 27, 2014 Angela rated it really liked it
Beautiful photographs and tasty looking recipes. I don't entertain much, and I can't imagine ever using most of these menus, though I do plan to try a few of the individual recipes. More entertaining than educational for me.
Hana Curry
May 09, 2014 Hana Curry rated it it was ok
Great presentation and I liked the format of dividing the book by different meals (further broken down into courses and dishes). A lot of the recipes were too complex for me personally, but for those experienced cooks who want to host a paleo dinner party this book is perfect!
Jamie
Jul 13, 2014 Jamie rated it liked it
Shelves: food
This a book that I won't personally put to use because I hate to cook regular food (read: not desserts), but it is fun to look through, and quite a gorgeous book overall. If anyone else wants to invite me over to test out the recipes that they've taken the time to try, then I'm all for it!
Kim
Jul 07, 2013 Kim rated it really liked it
Shelves: cooking, 2013
Beautiful photography! You can truly tell Bill and Hayley put much effort into this cookbook, with each chapter broken into different themes from spring to winter. Loved the ideas for Halloween, Christmas as well as a tea party! Can't wait to try out all the recipes!!
Amy
Aug 19, 2013 Amy rated it really liked it
I liked this book so much I bought a copy to add to my cookbook collection. I definitely think I'll use it for pot luck recipes, holidays and other special events so I can bring something everyone will enjoy, but which allows me to stay paleo.
Waiting until I try some of the recipes to give this a star rating, but this is a beautiful cookbook.
Cinda
May 23, 2013 Cinda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paleo
This is a gorgeous book. I requested our library get it and now I'm looking forward to buying my own copy. I might be getting one for a wedding gift too!
Hilary
Feb 27, 2014 Hilary rated it it was amazing
These are sometimes complicated recipes but would be so worth it for holidays and dinner parties. I want this book so bad!
Monique
May 12, 2014 Monique rated it liked it
Shelves: library-book
Great ideas on hosting parties but I've seen most of these recipes before...expected more as their first book was 5+ stars.
Tara Bree
Tara Bree rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2014
Cas
Cas rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2014
Mon
Mon rated it liked it
Nov 01, 2014
Kimberly Laplante
Kimberly Laplante rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2013
Rain
Rain rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2014
Anai
Anai rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2015
Aimee
Aimee rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2015
  • Primal Cravings: Your Favorite Foods Made Paleo
  • Eat Like a Dinosaur: Recipe and Guidebook for Gluten-Free Kids
  • Against All Grain: Delectable Paleo Recipes to Eat Well & Feel Great
  • The Ancestral Table: Traditional Recipes for a Paleo Lifestyle
  • Make-Ahead Paleo: Healthy Gluten-, Grain- & Dairy-Free Recipes Ready When & Where You Are
  • Everyday Paleo Family Cookbook: Real Food for Real Life
  • Mediterranean Paleo Cooking: Over 150 Fresh Coastal Recipes for a Relaxed, Gluten-Free Lifestyle
  • The Paleo Kitchen: Finding Primal Joy in Modern Cooking
  • Digestive Health with Real Food: A Practical Guide to an Anti-Inflammatory, Low-Irritant, Nutrient Dense Diet for IBS & Other Digestive Issues
  • Well Fed 2: More Paleo Recipes for People Who Love to Eat
  • The Zenbelly Cookbook: An Epicurean’s Guide to Paleo Cuisine
  • The Paleo Approach Cookbook: A Detailed Guide to Heal Your Body and Nourish Your Soul
  • Paleo Lunches and Breakfasts On the Go: The Solution to Gluten-Free Eating All Day Long with Delicious, Easy and Portable Primal Meals
  • Rich Food Poor Food: Your Grocery Purchasing System